Best Car in GT1

• Thread starter Zero
  • 642 comments
:(
I too experienced your Copperhead dillema till i visited one of those GT1 setting vault websites and some dude was recommending low damper settings. I think the TVR Griffith also suffers from this prob when the suspension is too stiff.

ps: you won't be able to take the purple Copperhead to the Tuned series! It has modifyable downforce.

Ah well what a bummer:( I'll just have to take either my all the way modified NSX Type S Zero, RX7 A Spec, or Nismo 400R.:D

the castrol supra was my favorite racecar. but then again it and the rx7 was the only special models that i had because i didnt have a memory card but im getting gt1 back plus i now have a memory card. also, the viper gts was my favorite non racecar.

the castrol supra was my favorite racecar. but then again it and the rx7 was the only special models that i had because i didnt have a memory card but im getting gt1 back plus i now have a memory card. also, the viper gts was my favorite non racecar.

The Viper was also my fave non-race car in GT1. it taught me so much and sounds so sweet (turn on the "in-cockpit" view and listen to those 10 hungry cylinders churning away...it still sounds good in GT2 and 3 but not as good as in the first game).

I never drove the Castrol Supra till late in my GT2 days. That car is actually a beast, too, but with the turbo hasn't got the deep Viper torque band, so you gotta be super-careful in the Supra.

I think the best one was Mitsubishi GTO race Car with a 7 speed gear box... And the first one I've driven in that part was used Toyota Supra '91. I love this car very much!

what is all the hype over the fto its just a miniature version of the gto.

FTO is more agile, and in my opinion that makes it more driver friendly. Yeah, it doesn't accept as much power as the 900 hp GTO, but it also doesn't suffer from gTO turbo-lag either. :) Or GTO understeer. :ouch:

good point i see what you meen i like how the fto handles. Its just i never realized that when I was 10 years old 900 hp seemed more appealing at the time.

It's the Nissan Skyline Race Car! 👍

Although, the GTO is pretty good when you are starting the game. It has really good handling and braking, and goes fast after applying the Racing Modification. The 'Vettes in this game have bad handling--even with the racing mod. I think they're better in GT4 (current gen) because of the TCS & ASM, etc. (racing aids).

Overall, I'd say that the Skyline Race Car is the best! 👍

I do quite like the GTO LM, good handling, decent power

FTO LM is probably the best though

It depends how you define good handeling i just played the game for the first time in about a year yesterday. Sure the GTO has good handleing compared to something like a corvette or a Supra. But overall cars like the FTO kill it in handleing although I do love the GTO speed.

I do quite like the GTO LM, good handling, decent power.
I find this one the easiest to handle in a race. Although the acceleration is only good, it makes up for it in speed!
nod.gif

Yeah, the 'Vettes handle pretty poorly in GT1 opposed to GT4, even GT3. I guess the TSC and ASM also helps, but still... I sold my 1996 Corvette Grand Sport just because it kept spinning out at all the turns (even after hours of races with my GTO to get money, and upgrading).
Sad_981.gif

Can't wait for GT5, or GT HD, or whatever you want to call it. :)

Gt5 is comig out in early 2008, I think.

Most people call it GTHD that have a PS3 because the PS3 is meant for an HD TV. Are the GT people making a game called GT5 for the PS2? I hope so. And FYI, GTHD (or GT5) is coming out sometime this spring, apparently! :) Let's hope Sony didn't delay yet another good release after the 8 month PS3 launch delay :rolleyes:.

GT:HD and GT5 are not the same thing. GT:HD is already out, it's a showcase demo. GT5 is currently in production and is due March 2008 in Japan. There is an updated GT:HD due sometimes this year for free download, but GT:HD is not GT5. Some aspects of it may represent GT5 but all of GT:HD is subject to change. GT5 Prologue is rumoured to be due late this year, which will be a packaged game available in the shops in the same vein as GT4 Prologue.

Purple concept car--560 hp @ 1329 lbs!!!

Also, the Chaser LM and FTO LM,

Cerbera LM... all the LM cars basically...

PS--anyone have settings for the Nismo r33 gtr road car?

I reckon for all-round amazing abilities, the FTO LM is unstoppable

I never favoured the handling of the Cerbera over it, and it was quick enough to beat pretty much everything

My fav car eh, well i gotta few.

Dodge concept car (modded yellow, unbelieveablly quick)
Dodge viper (insane car)
Nissan skyline R33 GT-R V-spec `95 (very quick)
Toyota supra RZ `95 (fastest car 425kmh)
Honda CR-X Del Sol LM (in red)
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo `95 (also quick)

there so many i cant go through them all

GT1 - 100% x2 :bowdown:
GT2 - 100% x2 :bowdown:
GT3 A-spec - 100% :bowdown:
GT concept - 100% :bowdown:
GT4 - 100% x3 :bowdown:

Oh I had a soft spot for the FTO LM.

mjolnir.jpg

fto-gv1.jpg
fto999.jpg

But my fave was my Corvette. When I discovered how to hybrid, I had to make one with Viper tyres and a few boosts. These are my 800 and 1200hp GT moded '67 Vettes. Stonking.

67vette2.jpg
67vette.jpg

showing-off.jpg
on-way-to-work.jpg

Heh, found my old sig!

nismosig.gif

Back