Best Car in GT1

• Thread starter Zero
  • 642 comments
I have to agree (scared).

In all seriousness, I was likening the Skyline to the MiG: it may be too fast to believe real on straights, but let's see it turn. The Sukhoi... you get the idea.

Is there really another NSX LM out there? I think there is only one, which you can purchase.

And gtmaster08, I have, of all things... a Subaru Legacy!

Wow, I had no idea you had a Legacy! Man, that car is cool!

I think superberkut meant he have a Legacy in the game, not in real life. Or do you?

No, as I cannot drive yet. But, I have a modified Subaru Legacy in the game. I wish I had one in real life!

I would say that it is the best car in the game, but the turbo lag is too great to justify it as a proper racer.

Glad that I guessed right. Would you get one in real life when you have your license:D?

The turbo lag is what makes it realistic, and you can always install a lower turbo stage to reduce the amount of lag (although the car then wouldn't be as fast).

My other car that I think is the best is the Castrol Supra GT!

And we could all agree that the Supra is the coolest car, right?

Really? I had no idea about that. In my personal opinion, I think that the in game car voted to be "Easiest handler" would be the CRX hands down!

That's exactly what I mean. The CRX is good in the handling department, but beaten at other areas by other cars. That's why each car has its own "best" compared to others.

I like the legacy as well,turbo lag isn't to great though. . I have one in real life...or rather my parents do =/ Modified, a Subaru liberty they call it. B4 (twin turbo) it is. Subaru ftw!

This brings up a chance for me to ask: what are the differences between Subaru Legacy, Liberty and Outback? Because on the outside they all look very similar.

Is the Liberty the name for the Subaru Legacy in another market? Because then the Legacy and the Liberty would be near-identical. I believe that the Outback may be oriented to more off-road driving, with less overall horsepower but perhaps a bit more torque, and the suspension set-up would be different. However, don't take my word for it; this is only a guess.

The Legacy is called Liberty in Australia because "Legacy" is the name of a War-widows organization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_Australia

("Liberty" is actually a Jeep model in North America...)

"Outback" is just a mildly "off-roaded" (supposedly) version of usually the Legacy (though they did market "Impreza Outbacks", too). Remember Paul Hogan?

He is right...the liberty is the Australian name in our market and the legacy is the Americans name in their market. The outback looks almost exact in the new model and a little bit different in the older model.

If you find a photo of the two cars rear ends...if you found the previous model it is an obvious difference but in the latest model they are almost identical apart from different colours in the lights. Also the outback is more of an offroad car.

Really? I had no idea about that. In my personal opinion, I think that the in game car voted to be "Easiest handler" would be the CRX hands down!

I would agree. When i was a newb, i found small, lightweight FWD cars much easier to navigate than rear-drive or even 4-wheel drives. Nowadays i find rear-drive vehicles (some of them, anyways) are easiest for me to drive because they offer much more corner flexibility.

You can "steer with the throttle" in these cars if you need to get a better angle out of a corner. This is especially true of rear-drives in later GT games....in GT1 your results will vary considerably.

Suprisingly, my favourite car is the vtec prelude, it sounds SO MEAN when the vtec kicks in at 6000rpm and it goes from a kitten to a tiger.

Oh, and it handles pretty hot.

EDIT! Disreguard this post,i thought this was a favourtite car thread

Suprisingly, my favourite car is the vtec prelude, it sounds SO MEAN when the vtec kicks in at 6000rpm and it goes from a kitten to a tiger.

Oh, and it handles pretty hot.

EDIT! Disreguard this post,i thought this was a favourtite car thread

Well, you can always edit it, Pvt Zac. And, it makes sense here anyways.

Thanks for all the answers on Legacy/Liberty/Outbacks. I guess they're different cars then.

And the Prelude is a great car alright 👍 I started out GT1 for the very 1st time with it, and GT2 too, and it works really well for a beginner's car.

Thanks for all the answers on Legacy/Liberty/Outbacks. I guess they're different cars then.

And the Prelude is a great car alright 👍 I started out GT1 for the very 1st time with it, and GT2 too, and it works really well for a beginner's car.

I'm about to drive a '91 'lude VTEC in GT4 soon...i'm looking forward to it. According to my notes it is great for beginners. It's been so long (over 2 years) since i've driven one though, so i kinda forget the finer points...
..what's it like in GT1? Lots of understeer? Or do you think it's not quite so bad. I was reading at www.NCTD.com and www.Edmunds.com earlier that the Prelude was one of the top front-drives of its time, especially for the price.

****Say, can anyone tell me if early Preludes in GT1 or GT2 are supposed to have 4-wheel steering according to the info page? I currently dont have my PS1 discs and i'm trying to write about Preludes in GT. Thanx.

There's not 4 wheel steering in any of the Gran Turismo games in the series. Not at all. I consider that false advertisement when I bought the Celica 4WS and Carina Ed 4WS in GT4, since only 2 wheels actually turned.

There's not 4 wheel steering in any of the Gran Turismo games in the series. Not at all. I consider that false advertisement when I bought the Celica 4WS and Carina Ed 4WS in GT4, since only 2 wheels actually turned.

Cool, thanks!

My favorite car (and therefore best in my mind) is the most expensive RX-7 that you can buy. That isn't special. Mine's yellow.

To answer your question Parnelli, Preludes in GT1 surprisingly have little understeer. Most of the time it can be cured with more slowing down/more steering. That's why I think it's a very good car for beginners, it's very "tame". In GT2, I think it understeers a bit more (like all other cars in GT2) than its GT1 counterpart. But it's still manageable.

About 4WS, I think they incorporated it, it's just that they don't show the wheels actually turning. Or the wheels actually turn, but it's such a small difference that we hardly notice it. The best example is the Skyline R34 GT-R Vspec in GT2, it won't turn as well as it did (in stock form) if not because of 4WS, but you don't actually see the rear wheels turning no?

The most expensive RX7 you can buy is the Special Model car. And it only comes in red and green. So how come you got one in yellow? However, if you mean it's the A-Spec then it makes sense.

He said that it was not the special model, thereefore it must be the A-Spec, unless he is counting upgrades... the efini RX-7 Bathurst model appears to take the most of those in terms of value.

To answer your question Parnelli, Preludes in GT1 surprisingly have little understeer. Most of the time it can be cured with more slowing down/more steering. That's why I think it's a very good car for beginners, it's very "tame". In GT2, I think it understeers a bit more (like all other cars in GT2) than its GT1 counterpart. But it's still manageable.

About 4WS, I think they incorporated it, it's just that they don't show the wheels actually turning. Or the wheels actually turn, but it's such a small difference that we hardly notice it. The best example is the Skyline R34 GT-R Vspec in GT2, it won't turn as well as it did (in stock form) if not because of 4WS, but you don't actually see the rear wheels turning no?

Cool thanks. Yeah the Prelude is great for beginners. 👍

Back