Best Car in GT1

• Thread starter Zero
  • 642 comments
I think I commented earlier in this thread that my favorite car was the GTO/3000GT. In my reliving of Gran Turismo 1, I'm going to try to win with the GTO/3000GT MR. The only difference is that the 3000GT MR is only a few pounds lighter than the already-heavy 3000GT. It starts weighing about as much as a GT500 Autobacs Super GT race car when fully lightened. With power enhancements, it's the baddest boy on the planet. You might even say that when fully tuned, you have much better things to do than waste 500K Credits on any Special Model (well, the Toyota Supra GT is pretty cool).

Go with the three diamonds of Mitsubishi and their greatest offering besides the Lancer series- the GTO/3000GT. Only reason why you'd lose in GT1 with this car at full bore is bad driving or an improper setup. You dig my Mitsu love?

The twin turbo GTO's, including the MR, can win the Normal Series, although your skill needs to be more than basic to do so. Some players find it easy to win with it there; I found it somewhat challenging. But I did even win against the NSX at least once.

Huh, never tried the GTOs in 'Normal'. Best (uh, 'slowest') car I won it in was an MR2 Turbo. :) Ahhh, memories.

V.

I don't think I've ever tried an MR2 in Simulation Mode at all. I'd guess winning the Normal Series with it would alway be beyond my capabilities. Actually the stock PWR of the MR2 GT-S is slightly better than the GTO'95 MR, but I often find when it's close, a lot of extra horsepower beats a little extra PWR.

For my first post, this is actually fairly hard. I own a Racing AE86 Sprinter Trueno, and a NSX 91'.

I would say the AE86. I got it up fairly high in HP, and it is very lightweight.

I always play this when I'm at my grandmother's house (my uncle has a PS1, so that's OK...) :)

Class C: None
Class B: None
Class A: ALL! (DB7 Vantage, Corvette (Coupe, Grand Sport, and Stingray), Viper, Supra, RX-7 (all incarnations), Cerbera, etc.) :D

Old thread bumping time again!

Honda CR-X Del Sol LM (in red)

I'm glad someone else loved that car! I kicked major ass with it!

I was also able to actually get the prize CR-X where it could run with the big dogs when fully modded. I can't remember what championship I won, but it was against 500hp+ cars, and I was in a 240hp CR-X... that weighed 1300lbs :sly:

+1 for the Dodge Concept Car too.

[R] DODGE CONCEPT RULES!

copperhead.jpg

Oh I had a soft spot for the FTO LM.

mjolnir.jpg

fto-gv1.jpg
fto999.jpg

But my fave was my Corvette. When I discovered how to hybrid, I had to make one with Viper tyres and a few boosts. These are my 800 and 1200hp GT moded '67 Vettes. Stonking.

67vette2.jpg
67vette.jpg

showing-off.jpg
on-way-to-work.jpg

Heh, found my old sig!

nismosig.gif

Cool, Nice pictures dude! :cool:

Cool, Nice pictures dude! :cool:

Thankyou. :) I can't remember how I got them... I think they were screengrabs from X-Link. Nobody had hybridded the PAL game at the time, so I trawled with X-Link until I found the addresses I needed. X-Link made it so easy compared to the ARMax, and the game was small enough to map all the power hikes from all the upgrades. All the high HP hybrids used stage 4 turbos and had 2000+ hp, but you couldn't drive them. I found that the S13 stage 2 turbos were almost as powerful, but were totally driveable. That Corvette was a perfect drift tool, with fantastic throttle response, and the 800hp was just flat out fast, with just enough grip. Amazing. :)

The NSX LM edition....God I miss that car.....

Only him and 2 other people remember the NSX-R LM GT1?

Sure, it may not be the best car ever, but surely the sight of one touching the curbs on SS R11 at 150mph was enough to stir up memories!

It takes great skill to race one at top speed, but those people with enough skill could crank it absolutely harry-flatters (flat out) around ANYTHING.

Only him and 2 other people remember the NSX-R LM GT1?

Sure, it may not be the best car ever, but surely the sight of one touching the curbs on SS R11 at 150mph was enough to stir up memories!

It takes great skill to race one at top speed, but those people with enough skill could crank it absolutely harry-flatters (flat out) around ANYTHING.

I agree. I seem to remember the NSX (any of them) took a lot of patience in GT1, even when they were still low-powered. And look how that changed....in GT4 i can't get them to do anything but understeer at first, until the power gets raised, of course, or if i play around with the tires & settings.

Same here! I find that every other car I've tried has bad handling. The GTO is the only good car so far. If there are any other good cars, let me know! :)

Um...the Viper GTS. The Nissan Silvia. Mitsubishi FTO. Honda Civic. Subaru Imprezas...SVX's....Mitsubishi Lancer Evos..... Seems like there's lots of great cars in GT1! :confused: That's just a short list to get you started, hombre! and i wouldnt' exactly call the GTO's mix of piggy understeer + occasional oversteer to be be good handling traits...

What cars and settings would be best used on the Tuned and Maxpower races ?

You're new here so i'll tell you a secret. You can combine your posts (rather than creating 2 of them) by hitting the "edit" button after you've written your first post. In other words, you type some words in, then after you've posted, all a sudden you have another idea. Rather than starting a new post, go back to the old one, hit "edit" and then write some more. Then hit "save"

People do this here because it takes money (serious money) to run a website like GT planet, and if people keep things to as minimum as they can, it helps all.

Now for your question...you'll have to mess around with the gears mostly in the Max Speed races. Minimizing downforce (if you have a race kit installed on your car) also helps at the Test track. Other than that, i can't personally help you, but there's a search option here at GT Planet. If you click on the advanced search, you can eventually narrow it down to threads posted in gT1, and type in "max speed" or "Fastest Car" or something to that effect...

Hybrids can beat your MiGs & Sukhois superberkut :) Just kidding.

The fully modded Skyline is the best, power-wise (with 950hp),but on other areas there are other cars that are better (much better) than the Skyline. The Skyline's top speed is kinda limited too because it only has 5 crappy gears to use.

Like everything else, balance is what you want.

Normally I don't pick best cars or fastest cars because there are pros & cons to each car and basically I just LOVE cars,no matter how bad they are,just because we can still drive them. But I'm going to break that rule for once and state what are some of the best cars in GT1 (IMO).

Power: Skyline GT-R V-Spec with 950hp
Speed: Supra RZ [910hp] (forgive me GTO fans,but the Supra is faster at top-end speed)
Acceleration: Corvette Sting Ray '67 (unbelievable, and only with 4 gears)
Power:Weight Ratio: Cerbera LM,Concept Car (purple/yellow)
Stability: Impreza Rally Edition,Lancer Evos,Alcyone SVXs,FTO LM
Handling: FTO LM, del Sol LM, RX-7 A-Spec LM, Cerbera LM, NSX-R LM GT2/GT1
Looks: NSX-R LM GT2/GT1,[R] Viper GTS (red/blue), Corvette Sting Ray '67
Driver Friendliness: Civics, Preludes
Novelty: Demio!:), AE86 Trueno/Levin(to y'all Initial D fans out there), del Sol LM, Vette '67, Mazda Cosmo (don't know it even existed until GT1), GTO LM & Castrol Supra (7 geared beasts)
Drifting: Eunos Roadsters, Silvias, RWD Skylines, RX-7s, Supras, Corvettes, Vipers
Sportscar Pureness: Griffith (definitely) & Viper (RT/10 especially), maybe NSX too
Prestige: Aston Martin DB-7
Engine Sound: Got to say, the Viper (most distinguishable)
Ultimate Prowness: Nismo 400R, Nismo GT-R LM
'Worthiness' (for labor):Silvia LM, del Sol LM, RX-7 A-Spec LM, Nismo 400R
Best Car To Take Cruising On Any Day: Silvia S13 & FC RX-7 (for nostalgia sake)

Remember that the above is purely 100% my opinion, so don't go flaming me if your best car is not in my list. I'm trying the best I can not to be biased by including at least one car from each manufacturers.

i love tha mazda Cosmo
coz i beat most ov tha game in it
but tha LM Silvia is ma personal favouret
and tha ae86 coz well its a ledgend and thats
that...

Hybrids can beat your MiGs & Sukhois superberkut.

I have to agree (scared).

In all seriousness, I was likening the Skyline to the MiG: it may be too fast to believe real on straights, but let's see it turn. The Sukhoi... you get the idea.

Is there really another NSX LM out there? I think there is only one, which you can purchase.

And gtmaster08, I have, of all things... a Subaru Legacy!

The JP game has the NSX LM GT1 and the US game has the NSX LM GT2. I saw a screenshot here somewhere but I can't remember where. I have both versions of the game so I know for sure that both versions do exist (although you cannot get them both in one game). There's nothing much of a difference really, except for the body kits, headlights and colour schemes. So don't worry too much because they're essentially the same car.

The thing that pissed me off, however, is the lack of NSX Type-R in the US game. Same goes with GT2 👎.

Back