Best Drift Car? (Non- Japanese)

• Thread starter Danny
  • 181 comments
AngleProvidence
Edit: Although I wish they would make some cool looking FF's into FR's (Mitsubishi FTO,Acura RSX just to name a few.)

That's why I liked the hybrid feature in GT3, but it's just not possible in GT4. :(

you gotta consider the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish. swift drifter06 let me loose in his 718bhp Vanquish and it amazed me with its abilities. not as sure footed as some Japanese cars but a lot of fun. thats what its all about realy isn't it!

my eyes have been opened to the wounderful world of australian cars. these things drift forever with the right skills. the Holden Monaro is widly acclaimed for its side ways abilities but i want to talk about the FPV GT. i bought one of these cars yesterday. it has 684 BHP from its V8 engine and is beautifully balanced. this car looks sharp and drives sharper. check out my post on the drift thumbnails thread to see for your self.

this car should not be over looked or under estimated!

Shiba
All FR cars to me are best drifters. The BMWs are great choices and also the Benz cuz theve got powerful stock cars.
Powerful=easy to drift not best,well balanced cars are what you should look for (FR,4WD,MR) it doesn't matter what drivetrain.

This's a bit of an oddball.

I have a white F-150 Lightning with steel wheels (Honda S800, i believe) that i call "Uncle Jesse's Pickup." It's a soft, forgiving truck that I plan to learn drifting with.

swift drifter06
the best drift car possible is the aston martin vanquish v 12 733hp

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

:eek:

I dont think many people will agree.
It's the power that makes it good. If the car was good then it wouldn't need friggin 733BHP to drift in the first place:scared:

i disagree with your view the power does help because it makes it easier to handle coming out of drifts and the vanquish is just plain brilliant with the drifting because you should see some of the pictures on the gallery:) :) :)

Well I'm sure I got a 733BHP Aston too.
Just buy everything, lol.

Anyway, I didn't say that the power doesn't make it easier. Because for some it does.
But the car itsself doesn't show it's handling well then IMO. You cant judge if a car is good for drifting if it's got 700BHP on it.
Try drifting the Aston Martin stock and see how good it really is. I wouldn't call it the best drift car you know;)

i just want the power! i like doing powerslides rather than full out drifting, (i can't really drift that well!!) and with lots of power i can easily get the car sideways! so how do you get that much power?

these are the parts on my 718 bhp vanquish.
racing exhaust and air filter,
NA tuning stage 3,
port polish,
engine balancing,
racing chip,
nitros oxide kit,

once all these parts are fitted change the oil at gt auto this gives a power bost also!

Challenge? Pictures dont prove much:odd:
But nvm I think you misunderstand my posts about that Aston Martin.

If you meant the challenge as a reaction to my reply offcourse...

now i can create the DBR9! i couldn't really do it with the DB9 because i couldn't get the weight down enough or as much power to make up for the amount off weight so the 700bhp vanquich should be perfect!!

swift drifter06
could you please re-phrase what you ment i've misunderstood

Well, this is a thread about best drift cars.
I dont want to say it, but I know the Vanquish isn't a good drift car at all, it's very heavy, and it somehow really sticks to the road.
Now I dont doubt your drifting skills with it. I just mean that in a car viewpoint, the vanquish doesn't belong here, because the reason why you put 733BHP on it, is because it cant drift stock.

If you have a car, with a HUGE amount of BHP, then it's not the original car anymore. If you have that thing tuned to 733BHP, then you cant call the Vanquish the best drift car anymore, because it isn't a vanquish anymore, it's the BHP that makes the tyres spin, not the car.

I'm sure many members will understand this, because drifting with 733BHP isn't a skill at all, but one thing I hope you understand, is that it's not about posting pictures up as proof that this Aston martin can drift. But it's more or less proof that the Aston Martin will only drift with huge amounts of BHP, so it's not a good car at all for drifting...

*sigh* I made this post way too long...

Back