Best Drifting Technique

Discussion in 'GT4 Drifting' started by amartya, Jan 7, 2009.

1. nk4e

nk4e

There is all the techniques and saying NK is just fine. Please remember to follow the AUP :tup:

2. amartya

amartya

thanks, nk, that is the best descriptions i have seen so far....
    if what i am thinking is right, then heel toe-ing, shift-locking, and clutch kicking cannot be done as it is in real life, so i shall leave those out....but thanks again, i didn't even know some of the ones on the list....
    i think i shall launch the poll pretty soon as i think there aren't any more techniques......
    happy poling everyone...

3. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

still need a dictionary?? :lol:

4. GT Active||

GT Active||

Hey, i have a (Option Stream Z 04) nissan 350z but it don't work to drift. that car hast 916 HP, ik think thats good for drifting please help me:indiff:

5. amartya

amartya

try going to the settings garage, and see if there is a drift setting available for your car....thats the best way i think....

6. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

916hp is WAAAAAYY to much for drifting :crazy::crazy: .., and besides, the Option Stream Z is built for DRAG racing, not drifting..,

7. nk4e

nk4e

Really? I would have to play with it soon if I actually pop in GT4.

8. GT Active||

GT Active||

how much HP do i need to drift?

9. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

.................whaaaaat??? you're addicted to drifting, yet you don't know that 916hp is way too much for drifting? :odd: that's unexpected coming from you.., :confused:

that depends.., you don't just need engine power and torque to drift, you need a proper setup.., suspension, LSD, transmission, the usual.., oh I almost forgot, you need MAD SKILLZ, lots of 'em if you know what I mean. ;)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  10. Swift

Swift Staff Emeritus

More for AWD then FR. But in all honesty, most decent sports cars in the game can drift with stock power. Some just need a 20hp boost or so.

As stated before, power is not the most essential thing to drifting(in GT4). suspension and LSD setup are as if not more important then power.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  11. nk4e

nk4e

I do know though you said it was a drag car, drifting24.

12. amartya

amartya

GTactive i think that for a 350 z you need no more than 350-375 hp for drfting...i used to have one, and i think 400 is the absolute max in terms of power

13. GT Active||

GT Active||

what do you mean, my option stream z has 916 hp. does my car needs maximum 400hp for good at Drifting?:crazy:

14. GT Active||

GT Active||

do you all racing with wheel? or controller? what is the best

15. nk4e

nk4e

I use a controller. But get a Wheel for more control.
    GTActive, lesson one : Power isn't everything.

16. GT Active||

GT Active||

yes but if you have no power enough, you cant take that corner. and you need strange skills:sly: like you all have.

17. nk4e

nk4e

There is always weight shifting to get the weight to break the traction.

18. GT Active||

GT Active||

can you maybe make a good drifting movie for me?

19. nk4e

nk4e

I gave a few good examples on the previous pages.

20. GT Active||

GT Active||

can i drift with a bmw m3? its has a little mora than 400hp, or a bmw m3 GTR (not tuned) that car has 380hp or something like that.
    but... do i need to buy all the best breakes? and tyres?
    because i know how to drift but i can't keep my cars onder control.

21. nk4e

nk4e

Basically the rule of drifting is breaking the rear traction to get it sideways. You don't need the best stuff. Watching The Drift Bible may help alot.

22. GT Active||

GT Active||

yea i know how to drift but to keep my bmw in control, thats the question.
    the brakes don't work good either, it takes to much.

23. nk4e

nk4e

Try another car. Look in the Stickies on the main forum for our great Guides.

24. GT Active||

GT Active||

but i need a car what does not stop at 250km/p thats to slow, i need 1 car that good on the road and can reach 280-300km/p

25. nk4e

nk4e

First, you need to control a car that would be under that amount. Lower the HP, harder it is to control. I suggest you follow or at least read our stickies.FR drift Guide

26. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

the Option Stream Z IS a drag car..,

not really. I have a Suzuki Cappuccino EA11R, max power is around 132hp.., you know the long, round sweeper at Trial Mountain?? cute little bugger can drift the whole darn thing.., :D

Amen to that. :tup:

Another amen to that.

yes you can drift a BMW M3. the stock power level is already good IMO, but if you want some extra punch then be my guest..,

Standard Tires, preferably the N3 Tires are the best choice for drifting.

are you controlling the throttle and countersteer when you get into the drift??

brakes don't really help you stabilize the drift.., rather they end the drift..,

you need a car that reaches 300km/h and can still drift? hmm, that's a tough one..,

27. GT Active||

GT Active||

and the audi rs 6 2002? 599hp.
    can i maybe drift with that? if i put the good parts on it?

28. GT Active||

GT Active||

it was a 4WD but i put LSD on it and have changed all power to the rear.

29. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

by good parts, what do you mean??

I don't think you can just put on parts and drift, you have to adjust settings.., like I said, proper setup and skills are the key to drifting. Just bolting on parts and relying on power will do you no good.

* edit - well, what you did was right, transfer 90% of the power to the rear wheels.., but how about other settings?? hmm, maybe we should discuss this matter over on the GT4 Car Tuning and Settings forum..,

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  30. GT Active||

GT Active||

yes i know but i'm just asking if that car can drift i change some part to more power to rear.
    i know i need skills i dont have them you have i know but i dont have a good car for drifting so i dont know