Best Drivetrain.

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 2' started by VIRacer, Apr 3, 2002.

?

The best drivetrain.

1. *

4WD. It's the best [no spinout].

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. *

FR. Best for understeer.

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
  3. *

FF. Best for oversteer.

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. *

MR. Hard to control but i'm a expert.

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  5. RR. I don't know what's this.

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. I'm a loser and always will be.

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Oh man. You guys are crackin me up. :cheers: I need a few laughs...to keep me from taking mission 34 too serious! :)

2. Falcon787B

Falcon787B

We will save you from Mission 34 (or Purgatory as it's known in the PAL region) Parnelli!

And Joe - I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DRIFTOFF!! FTW!! etc. THIS WILL PROOVE WHO IS MOST MANLY!!!

...God, this is descending into homosexual posturing :lol: It's like Arnold Schwarzanegger and Bruce Willis getting together to discuss their six-packs (or these days, six-packs of beer)

Aah, good stuff :)

3. Aremburgkerve

Aremburgkerve

Ahhhh Mission 34, bit of advice.......make sure the Merc is RR, so you are a man and you can drift!!!! GRRR!!!

Challenge accepted Falcon, be prepared to be uncovered as a woman! :dopey: Oh god, I see what you mean about the homosexual connotations.....:scared:

Also, on-topic, so we don't get screwed at, I find FF doesn't work with my driving style.....Let's just hope this isn't the BEST drivetrain! :sly:

Joe

4. Falcon787B

Falcon787B

...and on that bombshell, I'm off to bed before this descends into a fit of baby oil and tyre smoke! Parnelli, good luck with mission 34, and Joe........(inadequate pause)....yes, I agree, FF doesn't work for me either ;)

Gdnight! :)

5. breakpoint

breakpoint Premium

In GT2 i go with the AWD over the others, but in GT3 and 4 i go with RWD.

Also notice i said AWD and not 4WD, 4WD is totally different.

6. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

I woulda killed mission 34 by now if i had PAL version! :mad::banghead::rolleyes:

Goshdarnit!

7. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yup. 4-wheel drive is full-time 100% (like in some trucks) whereas AWD drives all 4 wheels but can lessen or even switch off part of the drivetrain if the need arises (for fuel-efficiecny, traction, cornering prowess...whatever).

Welcome back, senor breakpoint.

8. superberkut

superberkut

Okay...

I myself liked FR; it allows for good performance and balance while maintaining the mystique of temperament, unlike 4WD or FF. But, by that logic, I should have voted for RR.

9. blazing escudo

blazing escudo

Don't know,so i choose all drivetrain.
    FF is recommended for newbies because easy to control,
    FR is for professional drivers who like speed,
    4WD is stable & mostly for rally,
    MR is nice combination of good handling & massive speed(that's why most of LM race car use this drivetrain),
    while RR have reputation of it's big speed and big oversteer(except for fiat 500R & suby 360).
    Whoever who made this poll,maybe that person didn't try all of the drivetrain & enjoy the fun from each characteristic.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  10. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

That's very possible. It seems like many racers from this era (2002-ish) weren't very hardcore like we are. Nothing wrong with this, it's just cool that nowadays things have changed.

11. blazing escudo

blazing escudo

i agree with you,señor Parnelli Bone.

12. benzoboy

benzoboy

FR would've been my first choice. But, recently, I started using a 683bhp Mine's R33, and it's perfection in my eyes. That Attessa AWD system really is magic, I haven't even worked on the settings yet. All I did was put a huge Turbo kit on it and startde racing.

EDIT: This thread was still about half-way down the first page. Is this a bump?

13. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yup! You've just bumped a thread! :cheers:

14. A.A.Z.

A.A.Z.

In a...Mine's R33?.. :confused:

15. orCa

orCa

you can put a stage 1 turbo in it

16. A.A.Z.

A.A.Z.

Uh, sorry then. I thought by "huge" benzoboy meant stage 4 :)

17. superberkut

superberkut

Even a Stage 1 kit is fairly large on an R33. I liked it too; it seems to drive lighter than either the R32 or R34.

18. benzoboy

benzoboy

Huge kinda was an exagerration I guess.

19. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Out of all the Mine's cars, I like the Evo V best. It's just so tossable around corners and it has amazing acceleration out of corners. I think they switched it to FR :lol:. I agree with the R33 being the best out of the Mine's Skylines though, sweet looking car with performance to boot:tup:.

20. SapphDragon95

SapphDragon95

I think MR is the best, but that's just me. They drive around turns VERY well and are usually the fastest cars in the game.