Best Gr.3 Car ?

• Thread starter brandoncip
  • 209 comments
It's been a while since November 1st, 2017 so I thought I'd share my updated opinions on our beloved Gr.3 category.

The 458 Italia GT3 is still my all-time favourite. Without tire wear and using TCS3 it really isn't that difficult to drive. The sound is incredible, the speed is amazing and the looks are just gorgeous. It's my first place car for most wins and furthest distance travelled too.

It's an amazing car. I should know because I mained it before it even existed in a Gran Turismo game:

(some online action in GT6)

Andalusia_5.jpg

Next up, the recently released BMW M3 GT2. It probably has one of the best-done sounds out of all the remastered GT6 material. It shares an engine with the Z4, but there are subtle differences in the audio (most noticeable on the inside). It beats almost everyone for most stable car that isn't a silly piece of junk like the beetle.

Third place for me right now is the AMG GT3. I used it on Yamigawa - II last week for daily race B. It was quite effective at fighting off the beetles. Plus I love the low AMG rumble from the V8. I desperately want to use the SLS competitively, but since it's archaic this will have to do for now.

Gr.3 is one of my favourite classes at the moment, with the Z4 being the most successful car I've ever raced in Sport Mode. I've also used the Smileyface that is the GTI VGT extensively, often as an alternative to the Ford GT LM. I'm also fallen in love with the FT-1 as well, especially with the 1% weight decrease in the BoP change before the Final Season, though the top end of the rev range is a bit sketchy on the lower gears...

I need to get out of the RSR more and in other cars to be able to have a valid view on this. *shrug*

One big advantage Porsche has is the flat-6 engine, which gives it a lower CoG than other cars. It makes it more stable than the NSX Gr3 car that the game gives you to learn the Suzuka circuit.

Another +1 for the BMW Z4.

I was exclusively using the Atenza as I liked the handling, and it's a screamer, then one day tried the Z4 as no one was using it in the weekly race I was doing.

Handles nicely, has good speed and pick up, and also screams a little.

I do need to try more GR.3 cars though.

The Jag is underrated, it’s good on tracks with big straights and handles curbs and steep elevation changes very nicely with the default BOP setup. It’s very stable all around Mt. Panorama.

It’s also very good looking and sounds very nice, cockpit cam is decent too. It’s my favorite GR3 car even though it’s not the best car around.

Last edited:
If i have the time to master the weekly race i love Ford GT LM and Mustang gr3. Both struggle in curves but with GT LM no one trying to pass at the end of a straight. ;)

Both feel more lively and more like rear wheel drive.

Most of the gr3 have their strong points. In current Suzuka for example im very close to same time with GT LM, RSR and WRX - but with very different style and thus very different type of racing.

With WRX if one survives the attack from behing on straights theres not much worry anyone can touch you on curve or exit.

With GT LM if you can keep people behind you on braking and turning they probably cant touch you on straights once you burry the accelerator.

RSR if very accurate and steady, but my god if someone bumbs you or blocks optimal line your 🤬. Once RSR over shoots the line it WILL go out of the track.

For twisty tracks I think the Renault is the best, for tracks with a lot of straights the Mustang is the fastest, for medium tracks the Porsche is usually very competitive.... depends a lot of the track really, and of course, also depends of what car suits more your likings and your driving style

I really love NSX, but still it seems kinda twitchy But it feels light and with proper corner entry it's a beast in my opinion. I used M6 a lot, but one mistake or someone will bump you and you're fudged... Still, I see most people are using R8 or 911.

I really love NSX, but still it seems kinda twitchy But it feels light and with proper corner entry it's a beast in my opinion. I used M6 a lot, but one mistake or someone will bump you and you're fudged... Still, I see most people are using R8 or 911.
Yeah I haven’t used the BMW M6 a whole lot but it doesn’t seem as stable as other FR cars. The rear can be lost kinda easily, almost like a MR car.

Am I the only one who likes Ford gt Lm spec 2 race car?

It’s a good choice for tracks like Tokyo South and Monza due to the huge straights, but it’s too unstable to be that competitive anywhere else.

Last edited:
@MrWaflz55 I actually think the GT LM is one of the more stable MR cars, since I come from driving the NSX, which is twitchy as ****. its super sticky, with the only problem being brakes. if its on downhill sections like bathurst, a bit of throttle goes long ways.

as for m opinion on the, the best car is normally the meta car, right?
so apart from that, its all down to what we prefer. My favourite car is the NSX, and I can be quite competitive despite taking way more effort that using on of the metas.
But I also adore the SLS AMG, which despite being an old car, still holds itself pretty good, a bit better than the Z4, wich is also a fun drive.
The Lexux RC-F GT3 its super good, and the Nismo if fun as hell.

but I wich the BOP would be worked on a bit more on the underdogs.

I actually quite like the GT LM Spec II but more for nostalgia reasons... I do realise you end up fighting the car more than not... eg. I have a much easier time with say the Corvette C7R... I dont mind the NSX as I like the oversteery nature.

I think I do gravitate towards the Mazda 6 GT3 for arch reasons like racing a family sedan rather than a supercar... otherwise I have most seat time in the 458 which I have tamed under the old super sport tyres on a 700hp 1,200kg frame. The Huracan I also like but I feel like its much easier than the 458.

I used the Supra GR which is underwhelming... the Ft1 is superior everywhere.

Besides that I wish there were more GT3 events because there's so many cars I actually do have multiple multiple copies of but dont have a use for.... eg. I should be doing a Vantage V12 vs F-Type challenge.

Before i give my list i will have to say that i use the X and box button for gas and brake and the d-pad to steer. Don't ask me why, i just do ok.

So, for me, I need a compliant arse end and given i use TC2 (with light ABS, no other assists) with Group 3 cars I need responsive acceleration. For me that means the Merc 16', Aston and the Lexus.

The Merc rides the curbs really well and the TC on 2 is neither too intrusive or too light, I can gun it early and cleanly. In the final chicane at NGP this car is an animal, you can just hurl it through there. Understeer a bit of an issue though.

The Aston has a very similar advantage re. TC, but also allows JUST enough slip to steer the thing with the throttle but it doesn't bog down. It's a beast in a straight line, especially at Interlagos. Understeer in tight corners again an issue.

The Lexus is a great allrounder with better turn in than the two above BUT the TC can get intrusive and bog me down on exit at times.

Will shout out to the RSR which is often excellent for qualifying but it's easy to spin on curbes and the TC is savagely intrusive, bogging the car down horribly. Around NGP I am a solid 6/10ths fast through the first 3 sectors with the RSR vs the Merc but lose all that and then some through the final chicane because as the car rides the curb and i hit the gas she just bogs down.

I raced the GT LM Spec II all week and found it frustrating. Loved the power but I have a lot of trouble with low profile cars in cockpit view and with this one the driver side stanchion is huge. You really have to know the track to race in this car in cockpit view.

:lol:

I need to get out of the RSR more and in other cars to be able to have a valid view on this. *shrug*

One big advantage Porsche has is the flat-6 engine, which gives it a lower CoG than other cars. It makes it more stable than the NSX Gr3 car that the game gives you to learn the Suzuka circuit.

I'm in the same boat. I don't get to play too often so for the online races I typically just stick with one family of cars, Porsche.

Though I have a Porsche biased perspective most of the other cars understeer too much or feel too light and erratic in the back end when they begin to lose their balance.

The GR3 WRX is also fun but something about it feels too safe. The lower revs feel tame compared to the Porsche which makes it more stable but feel more sluggish. Again, I'm horribly biased.

The GR3 WRX is also fun but something about it feels too safe. The lower revs feel tame compared to the Porsche which makes it more stable but feel more sluggish. Again, I'm horribly biased.

I find the WRX agile but a bit too slidey, it feels fast but isn't. The GR3 911RSR for me feels exactly the opposite from that.

Viper always and forever. The fuel saving required on the nurb 24h is killing me though.

Other than the viper i enjoy the 16 AMG GT3, the F1 GTR, Corvette.

Fuel efficiency is not one of my priorities when choosing. But, I like my Corvette & Mustang as well. They tend to work best with my driving style. :crazy:

I love the Mustang, or the 911. I usually stay with the Pony.

Latest Posts

Back