Best Original GT track not Confirmed for GT6

• Thread starter mustafur
  • 236 comments

Best Non-confirmed for GT6 Original Track(Road)

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Midfield Raceway

Votes: 132 20.8%
  • Complex String

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • SS Route 11

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • El Capitan

Votes: 114 18.0%
  • Red Rock Valley Raceway

Votes: 43 6.8%
  • Seattle Circuit

Votes: 151 23.8%
  • Super Speedway

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Grindelwald

Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Tahiti Circuit

• New York

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • Seoul Central

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Honk Kong

• Motorland

Votes: 6 0.9%

• Total voters
Can't narrow it down to one, these are my top 3.

Midfield is a great racing circuit and would probably work best for online racing out of those circuits. The first sector would be a challenge, a couple of heavy braking zones along with a squeeze in the middle would make for some great battles. The width of the track with longer corners in the middle sector allowing the battle to continue down to the fast left right chicane at the bottom of the circuit. Getting a drive out of the tight hairpin and balancing the car and throttle through the sweeping corners as they crest over the hill onto the start/finish straight. Just a great racing circuit.

Cita di aria needs to be on there, great time attack circuit, really rewards accuracy. Doesn't make for fun racing other cars. I don't think there is a section I don't like about the track, every moment a challenge, and the track brings an immense amount of satisfaction when you get it right.

New York is one of my favourite city tracks in the Gran Turismo series. I enjoy the rhythm of the middle sector while the rest of the track would work well for online racing. Just thinking the bumps into the braking zone for the first corner would make for some tense overtaking manoeuvres

I bet that should be "Hong Kong". ;)
I'm gonna miss Seatle, El Capitan, Midfield, Red Rock Valley Speedway and SSR11!

Geez, am I the only one who misses New York? No, wait, ONE other person does! I'd love to see that one in a nighttime setting.

On another note, do we know which configurations of Fuji Speedway will be in the game? I miss Fuji '80's. That one would be a blast in the X2010/11.

I also wonder if we'll get more configurations of SSRX. Those big loops look like more than decoration.

Last edited:
Geez, am I the only one who misses New York? No, wait, ONE other person does! I'd love to see that one in a nighttime setting.

On another note, do we know which configurations of Fuji Speedway will be in the game? I miss Fuji '80's. That one would be a blast in the X2010/11.

I also wonder if we'll get more configurations of SSRX. Those big loops look like more than decoration.

New York is ok, but it really is only any good with the really quick cars. It is like Tokyo - too many boring long straights.

I never liked that Midfield had banking everywhere and huge curbs. It was a nice little power track to race on, but really nothing special at all imo.

El Capitan, how could you deny this awesome circuit? It's like what Trial Mountain only wished it could be.

SSR11 gets my vote by a landslide. The absence is even more disappointing since it's layout was shown in one of the GT6 trailers.

If it isn't DLC then that's downright ridiculous. If you're gonna go through the effort to add something to one of your trailers, make sure it's, you know, in the actual game.

It's a hard one to choose, I still play most of these on my vita. I think Grindelwald and Complex String would be the only ones not there.

So I voted for 13

It's a tie between SSR11 and El Capitan for me. SSR11 looks as if Tokyo pwned Singapore.

El Capitan for me, SSR11 and Midfield right behind though....Honestly, I never really liked Seattle so I don't miss it.............. ***runs and hides*** :scared:

1. SSR 11, my favorite original course in forever. It was so beautiful and awesome in GT3 form. GT1 form was more terrifying.

2. Complex String, if this track still existed it would replace the Nurburgring in most used track for random driving with all sorts of machines. It was very dreary in GT3 and actually quite sad, scary as hell anyway.

3. Midfield, I've raced this track so much in GTPSP, I love it. Very smooth and the chicanes after the first couple of corners is so much fun everytime.

Grindlewald go my vote, but SS11 & Complex String would be my other two choices.

Midfield was alright, but I don't think it's standout.

It's a tough decision. I'd say Red Rock Valley, Grindelwald, Midfield, SSR11 and Complex String from the poll. Not a fan of the current new original and city tracks, at all. Outside the poll, I'd say Rome Night and Pikes Peak.

The OP should let us pick multiple answers.

I liked Red Rock Valley, SSR11, and Complex String. By the way, have you guys ever heard of "Honk Kong"? I know I haven't.

Really tough decision between SSR11, Midfield, El Capitan, and Seattle for me, but Midfield wins. I would love to see any of those four tracks in GT6, but Midfield is the most timeless. It's full of fast corners that are deceptively difficult, especially the right and left-handers on the bridge above the back of the start/finish straight. It's one of those tracks that is simple to learn and yet hard to master, and you don't see many of those anymore.

Looking at the list makes me remember just how great PD used to be at track design. Given the choice between a real-world circuit and a classic fictional one for GT6, I'd take the fictional in a heartbeat. Trial Mountain, Apricot Hill, Rome Night, SSR5 and 11, El Capitan, Red Rock... these are tracks I grew up on and I still know them like the back of my hand, possibly better than I know most real-world tracks. In the old days, PD would design fictional tracks literally from the ground up, with these amazing environmental features. Now, they take a course maker circuit and place a photograph of the Matterhorn in the background and call it a track. Where's the creativity?

Seattle without a doubt. I loved that track. I was so disappointed when I found out it wasn't going to be in gt5. I also use to race on it on my psp on gt psp. Sadly gran turismo on my psp doesn't even work no more ( hasn't work in a year or so now). I wish I can download gran turismo psp on my vita but it's not avaliable in US. Another track I wish can return is test course. I like stage x on gt5 but I would rather turn left then right on a high speed track lol.

It's better on vita. You can assign buttons to the corners of the touch screen, use right analogue stick for accelerate/brake.

See if it lets you transfer from psp to ps3, and then onto the vita?

It would just benefit everyone if they just render all the tracks, So everyone is happy with their favorite one. I picked midfield, was one of the reasons why I still play GT PSP on the original psp.

SSR11 gets my vote by a landslide. The absence is even more disappointing since it's layout was shown in one of the GT6 trailers.

If it isn't DLC then that's downright ridiculous. If you're gonna go through the effort to add something to one of your trailers, make sure it's, you know, in the actual game.

Which trailer was it in? :eek:

Red Rock Valley. Always much preferred it over the other High Speed Original courses, though if any classic course returns I really hope they aren't changed as much as High Speed Ring was in GT4, that made the track dead to me.

El Capitan for me, with Costa di Amalfi not far behind.

Scenery, elevation changes and interesting corners are what I'm all about:

Last edited:
Grindelwald got my vote. I know we have multiple tracks actually, that are rather similar to it in scenery, but I still like it too much to not vote for it. PD should just model all these tracks completely new with 3D trees and what not for the PS4. Btw.: What's the "13"?

Thanks for the vid @reaperman 👍 I always felt that El Capitan had the best combination of risk/reward of any of the PD tracks. You could gamble in certain places that you hit a corner just right and gain huge time...or be slightly off the right line and calamity would strike:eek:

Back