Best Steering Wheel on the Market for GTS?

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 216 comments
Don´t forget that you´ll need some days to get used to the new wheel... I have the wheel for more then one month and still i am getting used to it and to fine tune the wheel with each race and car... it will be a mistake to use the same settings for every race and car... beleive me... that is why I´m still finding some variations and trying different setup otions... (My previous wheel was a T500Rs)

Don´t forget that you´ll need some days to get used to the new wheel... I have the wheel for more then one month and still i am getting used to it and to fine tune the wheel with each race and car... it will be a mistake to use the same settings for every race and car... beleive me... that is why I´m still finding some variations and trying different setup otions... (My previous wheel was a T500Rs)

Thank you. I already heard about that. That makes it more interesting to me. At the moment GTS is boring. So I have a new challenge.

You know what, guys? As much as these wheels can cost, would it make cents to have separate scoring or racing rooms for steering wheels and controllers? I don't do pay-to-play or abbreviated GT so Sport 'snot going to happen in my crib. I only bring it up because while 6 was a thing, online, wheels were incredibly dominant at the time trials. Just asking.

That's good feedback Mm! Thanks for the proper GTS steering wheel advice! Cheers! More beer underway! :) :cheers: :lol:

It arrived but I have no time to build it up.
Got to do it. as soon as possible... :) or else. .you´ll get crazy!! Simply!! :)
Small bummer from my side here - the pedals only arrived (not the racing wheel ..may be tomorrow = no big deal).., after assembling I see I need to build something so I can continue using WRC Seat! The Fantatec pedals are made for being placed on the floor. Now I'm a little concerned about the racing wheel mounting also - but I have to find a solution to this (love my WRC Seat lots...) . Cheers guy's - thanks for keeping me posted! :cheers:

I've had the CSL Elite PS4, and a full Fanatec set up, for several months and I love it (ClubSport inverted pedals, shifter, handbrake). I think all the big wheel manufacturers make great products now, so there really isn't a bad choice. It's all about personal preference. The Fanatec is great for me because it is so versatile and easily adjusted. Obviously Fanatec products have very high build quality too, which is nice.

I added the performance brake kit and it made a nice difference too. It's a bit of a pain to do, but my brake pedal is perfect now. I'd recommend that upgrade, but the pedals, even in stock form, are miles better than any other mid-range set.

I recently ordered the ClubSport Formula rim which will be here Thursday. I am super excited to try it out!!

Small bummer from my side here - the pedals only arrived (not the racing wheel ..may be tomorrow = no big deal).., after assembling I see I need to build something so I can continue using WRC Seat! The Fantatec pedals are made for being placed on the floor. Now I'm a little concerned about the racing wheel mounting also - but I have to find a solution to this (love my WRC Seat lots...) . Cheers guy's - thanks for keeping me posted! :cheers:

They don't mount? I have clubsport pedals and they do hard mount to my rig. The pedals have feet you can use to use them on a floor too, but there are mounting holes as well.

They don't mount? I have clubsport pedals and they do hard mount to my rig. The pedals have feet you can use to use them on a floor too, but there are mounting holes as well.
There are only two mounting holes under the pedal console (foot-rest) but they are too wide for the WRC pedal mounting "flat". Sorry ... from Norway so I don't know the proper name of the pedal mounting part on the Seat. Need to have someone help me with some "constructions" here. Happy I didn't sell the T-300 - can still use and very good . :)

There are only two mounting holes under the pedal console (foot-rest) but they are too wide for the WRC pedal mounting "flat". Sorry ... from Norway so I don't know the proper name of the pedal mounting part on the Seat. Need to have someone help me with some "constructions" here. Happy I didn't sell the T-300 - can still use and very good . :)

I understand. I'm lucky that the holes lined up on my rig. Sounds like my situation was similar. I used a T300 before and really liked it too. I actually still prefer the button layout on the T300 vs the Fanatec, but the Fanatec is superior in every other way. I'm sure you will love it!

Can’t you drill some holes in the base plate so they line up with the new pedals?

I had the same problem with my Playseat. I did this:

Attachments

• C851361F-C004-47AF-8A24-871D0A02D06A.jpeg
    C851361F-C004-47AF-8A24-871D0A02D06A.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 29
  • D807551E-2925-4658-A81C-67E565791534.jpeg
    D807551E-2925-4658-A81C-67E565791534.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 29
  • F86E8267-DDF5-48E1-9DAF-93767A527A3A.jpeg
    F86E8267-DDF5-48E1-9DAF-93767A527A3A.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 29
l
do an adaptation like I did... I got a large and strong wood board (like you use for shelves...) fixed it to the cockpit... and then drew al the needed holes on the board and fixed the pedals to the board! it worked great!

l
do an adaptation like I did... I got a large and strong wood board (like you use for shelves...) fixed it to the cockpit... and then drew al the needed holes on the board and fixed the pedals to the board! it worked great!

Which settings do you use? Still the same you posted in an other thread here on gtplanet?

l
I just got me a 2mm thick plywood piece and I will do the same :) . Great stuff! Thanks!! Oh - while I'm having you here where do I find on GTS if I have the latest update done? Something happened to my computer while down loading so I don't think I got it?

I just got me a 2mm thick plywood piece and I will do the same :) . Great stuff! Thanks!! Oh - while I'm having you here where do I find on GTS if I have the latest update done? Something happened to my computer while down loading so I don't think I got it?
Please let me know how it works. I am not really satisfied with my 2€ solution. I have some wood here.

Which settings do you use? Still the same you posted in an other thread here on gtplanet?

Mostly... as you can see there, for several parameters I don´t have a fixed number but a range of values.. and currently I´m trying different variatons from ombination of FOR (Wheel) and Torque FFB (GTS) for example... for some car/races like yesterday the Blue Moon infield.. I additionally have to try different variations from Sens (GTS) and Sens (Wheel) and even DRI ... for example.. that has got to do with the most important of all adapting the curving to the speed, car and difficult curving points on the track... until you find the best response from the car! FEI is very important to understand the point of the curve where you loose or win traction. .and you´ll get used to it, fast..

FEI; SPR, DUM, SHO, ABS, BRF I never change.. but some say that on some cases less SPR may help...

Thank you.
So far it looks like the plywood deal seems good for the pedals. I just got into a second problem with it just a few mins ago as the clamp that is the only support you can use to tight the racing wheel to a console unfortunately is having the two clamp-feet constructed too close together to fit to my WRC seat. I might have to come up with another plywood support (or something...) tomorrow. We'll see. It will not work for me at the moment. :boggled: . Cheers.

Back