Best Steering Wheel on the Market for GTS?

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 216 comments
WOW - Thanks guy's! Have a great racing-day! GTS and F1 . :) . Cheers

Looks good - do I have to install the clutch pedal to get it all to work?
You can swap the brake and clutch position if you want the brake and gas farther from each other. I'm guessing you don't need to plug in the Clutch, but not 100% sure. And as for my opinion... Thrustmaster wheels are more plug and play compared to Fanatec. Which has some calibration issues as of late. So you can say TM is more for the casual/enthousiast racer, Fanatec is more for the hobbiest/dedicated simracer. It has more adjustability and higher end gear and upgrading options. Personally I favour plug and play. I just don't want to fiddle with a tuning menu, manual calibration and firmware issues.

Disclaimer: Fanatec owners can be very very defensive, so remember this is just an opinion. I am not "bashing" any product.

You can swap the brake and clutch position if you want the brake and gas farther from each other. I'm guessing you don't need to plug in the Clutch, but not 100% sure. And as for my opinion... Thrustmaster wheels are more plug and play compared to Fanatec. Which has some calibration issues as of late. So you can say TM is more for the casual/enthousiast racer, Fanatec is more for the hobbiest/dedicated simracer. It has more adjustability and higher end gear and upgrading options. Personally I favour plug and play. I just don't want to fiddle with a tuning menu, manual calibration and firmware issues.

Disclaimer: Fanatec owners can be very very defensive, so remember this is just an opinion. I am not "bashing" any product.
I still have my T-m 300 and now it's been working real well for 5 days! I agree with you PocketZeven specially because I don't have the knowledge to fiddle around with tuning menu's and calibrations - ( my age I think... ;) ) - Also I'm not going back to T-GT though as it was not reliable to me. (may be I got a bad product but I got concerned when I saw all the discussions on having to upgrade firmware and stuff). Nahh - between G29 and T-300 or ? --> which one is the best out there today?

Last edited:
I still have my T-m 300 and now it's been working real well for 5 days! I agree with you PocketZeven specially because I don't have the knowledge to fiddle around with tuning menu's and calibrations - ( my age I think... ;) ) - Also I'm not going back to T-GT though as it was not reliable to me. (may be I got a bad product but I got concerned when I saw all the discussions on having to upgrade firmware and stuff). Nahh - between G29 and T-300 or ? --> which one is the best out there today?
You have to upgrade firmware primeraly if you plan to upgrade to new steering wheels and shifters. Also newer games may have new features. This is the same for Tm and Fanatec. The G29 is the most plug and play out there... but that is because there no upgrade options. That was my reasoning for moving to Tm at the time.

Hi GA 52,

About the CSL wheel and base.
First of all, don't give too much credit to comments coming from people who don't even own a CSL wheel.
As it comes out of the box with default settings it is as much plug and play as any other TM wheel. In addition the CSL offers you the possibility to adapt the wheels feeling and performance to your likings and preferences, no other TM or Logitech wheel gives you this opportunity. The all (including Fanatec) perform like their respective manufactures decided they have to perform. The wheel settings on the CSL are not that complicated. In fact there are only a few parameters which are relevant in GTS, in my case, four of them. But again, if you are happy with default settings, no need to lose your time on them. "Messing around" with the wheel settings isn't that time consuming. If you wish to personalize the settings, it gets some little time in the beginning. After that you don't will touch them much. If so, everything is made intuitive and doesn't takes much time, in some very rare cases it happens that I change some setting while driving. And btw, I'm not the youngest out there either ;)

Pedals:

The standard set with two pedals is as plug and play as any other pedal set out there, except for the assembly procedure of course, which remains easy to do.
A slight bit complicated it gets with the load cell option. But only, as for the wheel, you will adapt the performance to your liking.
If you are happy with a two pedal setup, the load cell option is not necessary to enjoy your setup and have fun with it since the default pedal set is already pretty good for its price. The load cell will add more realisms and nicer feeling, depending on who you ask will make you more consistent or/and faster. But as I mentioned above it depends on who you ask, humans are luckily all different and feel different.

Conclusion: Don't be too afraid of the settings possibility, it's a mostly overrated thing regarding difficulty. There are lots of information that can be found online, many users posting their own settings. It takes a bit time at the begging but you will get into it pretty fast. In my case, I wouldn't miss them anymore, just makes feel everything like I think it should do.

Hi GA 52,

First of all, don't give too much credit to comments coming from people who don't even own a CSL wheel.
As it comes out of the box with default settings it is as much plug and play as any other TM wheel. In addition the CSL offers you the possibility to adapt the wheels feeling and performance to your likings and preferences, no other TM or Logitech wheel gives you this opportunity. The all (including Fanatec) perform like their respective manufactures decided they have to perform. The wheel settings on the CSL are not that complicated. In fact there are only a few parameters which are relevant in GTS, in my case, four of them. But again, if you are happy with default settings, no need to lose your time on them. "Messing around" with the wheel settings isn't that time consuming. If you wish to personalize the settings, it gets some little time in the beginning. After that you don't will touch them much. If so, everything is made intuitive and doesn't takes much time, in some very rare cases it happens that I change some setting while driving. And btw, I'm not the youngest out there either ;)

Pedals:

The standard set with two pedals is as plug and play as any other pedal set out there, except for the assembly procedure of course, which remains easy to do.
A slight bit complicated it gets with the load cell option. But only, as for the wheel, you will adapt the performance to your liking.
If you are happy with a two pedal setup, the load cell option is not necessary to enjoy your setup and have fun with it since the default pedal set is already pretty good for its price. The load cell will add more realisms and nicer feeling, depending on who you ask will make you more consistent or/and faster. But as I mentioned above it depends on who you ask, humans are luckily all different and feel different.

Conclusion: Don't be too afraid of the settings possibility, it's a mostly overrated thing regarding difficulty. There are lots of information that can be found online, many users posting their own settings. It takes a bit time at the begging but you will get into it pretty fast. In my case, I wouldn't miss them anymore, just makes feel everything like I think it should do.
Glad I put in that disclaimer:lol:

Now I see things quite clearer! Thanks a lot Mm! - looks like definitely worth the cost! I owe you a beer or three! Cheers. :cheers:

Thanks!!! I´ll pass there to "collect" it.. someday! Most important is that if you choose Fanatec you will like it (as I don´t wanna feel that I suggested to you something that you didn't like later, just because I was convincing enough... (and if I was.. it ´s just because I truly liked it!)

I had a T300RS before. The steering is only slightly better as the T300 was already pretty good. The real game changer are the brakes. As Mirror_man already said, you have to add the load cell kit to get the full experience. But be prepared, it doesn't work out of the box. You have to assemble the pedals and find the right settings for you.

I believe that even without load Cell the brakes (and overall the pedals) are already good enough, but brake cell adds something more! Inclusively with it you have an additional pedal that you may change position.. like changing the used pedal for the accelerator for the one you´d use as clutch! After some time the spring may get "tired" and this way you don´t need to repair it or buy a new one.. just change the place between the 2 (I´m almost into doing that in the next days, since my accelerator pedal seems to be loosing its "force", and the clutch pedal has its spring in "full force" yet! :)

i need some help, i am playing gt sport with my old Logitech G25 + CronusMAX plus and love it but i am think upgrading but don't what to pick

1: Thrustmaster T300rs Gt Edition
2: Thrustmaster T-GT
3: Fanatec CSL Elite ps4
4: keep my money and keep my Logitech G25 + CronusMAX plus

pleas help

Thanks!!! I´ll pass there to "collect" it.. someday! Most important is that if you choose Fanatec you will like it (as I don´t wanna feel that I suggested to you something that you didn't like later, just because I was convincing enough... (and if I was.. it ´s just because I truly liked it!)

I believe that even without load Cell the brakes (and overall the pedals) are already good enough, but brake cell adds something more! Inclusively with it you have an additional pedal that you may change position.. like changing the used pedal for the accelerator for the one you´d use as clutch! After some time the spring may get "tired" and this way you don´t need to repair it or buy a new one.. just change the place between the 2 (I´m almost into doing that in the next days, since my accelerator pedal seems to be loosing its "force", and the clutch pedal has its spring in "full force" yet! :)
Now I owe you four beers! Continue like this and you will be the owner of a full case! ---- LOL. :) :cheers:

i need some help, i am playing gt sport with my old Logitech G25 + CronusMAX plus and love it but i am think upgrading but don't what to pick . Check out the last two comments from seslab and mirror man above. Have a good day! :)

1: Thrustmaster T300rs Gt Edition
2: Thrustmaster T-GT
3: Fanatec CSL Elite ps4
4: keep my money and keep my Logitech G25 + CronusMAX plus

pleas help
anthony - after listening in to all the answers so far I will order me a Fanatec CSL Elite for my PS4 today. See

Hi GA 52,

Pedals:

Highly appreciated seslab! Cheers - I'll order today! :)

Now I owe you four beers! Continue like this and you will be the owner of a full case! ----
Hi GA 52,

Pedals:

LOL. :) :cheers:

seslab - is it this you suggest?
Fanatec CSL Elite Starter Kit for PS4 & PC

1-RW.jpg
If you want to use it for PS4 and PC, yes.
You can order the LC option right away or buy it later, this is up to you. ;)
seslab - seeing their website - so many steering wheels to choose from including the bases and pedals. Please see 3 images - I just wonder if that's what you suggest and do I need anything else then?
1-B.jpg
1P.jpg
1W.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 736292
seslab - seeing their website - so many steering wheels to choose from including the bases and pedals. Please see 3 images - I just wonder if that's what you suggest and do I need anything else then?View attachment 736287 View attachment 736288 View attachment 736289

The CSL range has two wheel bases.
One is intended for PS4 an PC:
https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/bundl...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

The second one is intended for Xbox and PC:
https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/bundl...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Back