Best Steering Wheel on the Market for GTS?

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 216 comments
Dear all,

I need some help as my new CSL Elite Racing wheel is too heavy on the steering and it feels a little bouncy in the corners. The wheel is now set as: S_1, Sen-Aut, FF-095, Sho-OFF, AbS-OFF, dr1-OFF, For-100, Spr-OFF, dPr-OFF, brF020, FEI-004. Any better suggestions would be HIGHLY appreciated! Thanks and have a great day. :)

Easy .. drop For... a lot ... like to 50 to 70...if needed even under 50... and drop ffb in the game to minimum... 1

And raise Fei... to at least 50...(not really needed to decrease the torque but improves Ffb real feeling...)

Good racing!!

The setting above the FFB sensitivity. You know where to find it?

Easy .. drop For... a lot ... like to 50 to 70...if needed even under 50... and drop ffb in the game to minimum... 1

And raise Fei... to at least 50...(not really needed to decrease the torque but improves Ffb real feeling...)

Good racing!!

My Fei only goes from 000 to 010? anyhow ---Thanks Gents!! I owe you a large BEER! :) It's on me! :cheers:

Last edited:
Just an fyi - you should be able to put the long bolt thru all 3 pedals, just start from the inside of the 2 outer pedals.
Thank you gt_fan, I agree and was thinking about it but I didn't have the proper tools for it back home here so I did it this way which was only an hour work and it still works very good . :) . Appreciate you support! Cheers. :cheers:

Holy thread resurrection, Batman.

So, same question as the OP, a year down the line... what's the best/best value GT Sport wheel?

Best value right now is the Logitech G29 or Thrustmaster T300 RS. They are sale right now on Amazon for a huge discount and there's no telling when it will go away so jump on it if you can.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z0UWWYC/?tag=gtplanet-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1L2NRL/?tag=gtplanet-20

The Thrustmaster already changed. Just yesterday I checked and it was a little over $200 USD. Now it's $300. Edit: That's with the three pedals. The two pedal setup is $240.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O8B7D02/?tag=gtplanet-20

I'm not surprised.... have you seen how much it costs! :eek:
The crown of highest price, by long shot... Knowing PD's lacking FFB, i'd say either G29 or T300 without even testing one.

DD always comes at a price. It’s no toy, after all (like a G29...), it is professional equipment. The question was „what is the best“, and from knowing low cost, mid-range and pro stuff for the PS4, I can say this. It has a world and then some more detail in the FFB because the ingame FFB you set on 1 and let the wheel amplify the signal. So no clipping on the software side.

It is also no one’s fault if you can’t or won’t afford to buy it. It is still a crazy awesome wheel.

it is professional equipment.
True, and my 1200$ could be your 120$... But, the price is still ~6 times higher than G29/T300 even without pedals(?). I wonder if GTS can use it's max potential anyway; assuming he'd buy it for GTS only - So i doubt it's the
"best/best value GT Sport wheel?"

True, and my 1200$ could be your 120$... But, the price is still ~6 times higher than G29/T300 even without pedals(?). I wonder if GTS can use it's max potential anyway; assuming he'd buy it for GTS only - So i doubt it's the

Best value is probably Fanatec CSL.

A Bentley is easily 6x the price of a Ford Fiesta, and that is about the gap we are looking at quality and performance wise.

I have a feeling Thrustmaster will comes up with their DD wheel after PS5 comes up for Gt7 and probably lower price than fanatec...well just my feeling don’t take it seriously

If TM developed decent pedals that would be a huge step forward... I‘d welcome any competing DD‘s on the PS4, competition is going to bring that price tag down some...

I dont think its necessarily how good GTS can make the Podium feel but more importantly how much more detail the Podium can add to GTS.
There is no doubt that the Podium is not a budget wheel but when you really consider what options you can get on a new car that cost $1500 vs the same amount on a Podium I know which one I would get more enjoyment from.

This was a decent video on the difference:

I'd buy one but it would just be an indulgence. My G29 with its weird brake and humongous dead zone would only be marginally slower as I'm quite used to them and pretty happy with my pace.

Paying a grand for that small increase in performance isn't for me.

All the money in the world can’t reverse GT Sport’s non-linear throttle & brake, which makes even top-shelf sim gear a silly investment.

I’ll go all out on the next GT (supposing PD comes to their senses) but for a “toy” sim like GT Sport, a “toy” wheel does just fine.

I dont think its necessarily how good GTS can make the Podium feel but more importantly how much more detail the Podium can add to GTS.
Does it really add more to GTS, or is the detail simply missing from that game - 'locked behind T-GT's extra rumble fuction' no other base can simulate?

The CSL Elite's performance is/was hands down better in Assetto Corsa, & going back to GTS always felt dull and lacking; not worth the price to be honest, but obviously i blame(d) the game's lacking FFB... Why not buy Fiesta over Bentley if you're only using it to drive to local grocery shop.

But yea, what do i know... Maybe it's that much better, even in GTS.

All the money in the world can’t reverse GT Sport’s non-linear throttle & brake, which makes even top-shelf sim gear a silly investment.

I’ll go all out on the next GT (supposing PD comes to their senses) but for a “toy” sim like GT Sport, a “toy” wheel does just fine.

I don’t know about that video someone made, but my pedals work perfect and I could show hours of replays with the inputs working perfectly to prove it.
I think if you have tiny plastic gears with loose clearance running a cheap dirty potentiometer with plastic pedals with sloppy clearances it would be easy to make videos coming to incorrect conclusions.
You can shade a tiny bit of throttle off same with brake. IF you have properly working decent pedals.
I think a lot of folks just like to be negative in general online, so I judge matters like that one for myself, not based on something on you tube.
Calling a game a toy sim is just meant to antagonize imo.
FWIW is dr2 a sim? Is AC a sim? Is PC2 a sim? Because I can switch between any of these other ‘sim’ and do well.
Imo DIRT RALLY 2 is by far the best of all those others. For racing PEOPLE GT Sport is by far the best quickest easiest.
DIRT RALLY 2 is a fantastic sim.
The others are maybe better for people who use pc. I like them too, but something about GT Sport makes it stay in the console almost 24-7.
The only other game I play is dr2 really.

Last edited:

Why I'd class it as a luxury.

Even with GTS's lacklustre physics though, you'll be getting what there is through a direct drive instead of waiting for the consumer grade wheel's gears or belts to react to it. If nothing else, it should improve consistency.

Pretty sure a certain I Fraga played with a G29 before he got the TGT. He did ok :)

Then again you can’t compare a certain Igor F. to the average driver. Igor would do great on most any gear.

All I can say is that my friend VLX_Bellof956 was a tenth quicker on the Podium Wheel instantly which at his level (three time World Tour Event participant) is HUGE. He couldn’t stop praising what he felt there for hours :lol: it just makes playing the game so much better, may the shortcomings of the game be what it may. He said he can’t comprehend why they use the T-GT in the events except that TM pays a ton for that and then some. But there seem to be negotiations going on in the background with a different supplier...

Anyway, it is as always a bit of a believer battle: There will always be diehard TM fanboys and Fanatec fanboys and the faction saying that great things have been achieved using a G29. And the all are right and wrong :lol: I have the direct comparison of a budget, an entry-pro and a full-pro now. And I‘d shell out those 1600 for the Podium again anytime.

I don’t know about that video someone made, but my pedals work perfect and I could show hours of replays with the inputs working perfectly to prove it.
I think if you have tiny plastic gears with loose clearance running a cheap dirty potentiometer with plastic pedals with sloppy clearances it would be easy to make videos coming to incorrect conclusions.
You can shade a tiny bit of throttle off same with brake. IF you have properly working decent pedals.
I think a lot of folks just like to be negative in general online, so I judge matters like that one for myself, not based on something on you tube.
Calling a game a toy sim is just meant to antagonize imo.
FWIW is dr2 a sim? Is AC a sim? Is PC2 a sim? Because I can switch between any of these other ‘sim’ and do well.
Imo DIRT RALLY 2 is by far the best of all those others. For racing PEOPLE GT Sport is by far the best quickest easiest.
DIRT RALLY 2 is a fantastic sim.
The others are maybe better for people who use pc. I like them too, but something about GT Sport makes it stay in the console almost 24-7.
The only other game I play is dr2 really.

If you can’t feel the non-linear throttle yourself, or even demonstrate it with a simple 5 minute test, then your technical understanding is certainly not good enough to comment on the issue to such length - and therefore you shouldn’t.

The ironic thing about your comment is, the better pedals on the market showcase the non-linearity even more. I’m not attacking Gran Turismo, so slow your roll. It’s a valid critique of GT Sport and would apply to any other sim - intentionally weakening a Wheel’s effectiveness to maintain parity with a controller? That’s just sillyness and something only a mainstream simcade could get away with.

If you can’t feel the non-linear throttle yourself, or even demonstrate it with a simple 5 minute test, then your technical understanding is certainly not good enough to comment on the issue to such length - and therefore you shouldn’t.

The ironic thing about your comment is, the better pedals on the market showcase the non-linearity even more. I’m not attacking Gran Turismo, so slow your roll. It’s a valid critique of GT Sport and would apply to any other sim - intentionally weakening a Wheel’s effectiveness to maintain parity with a controller? That’s just sillyness and something only a mainstream simcade could get away with.

If one was so inclined one could make adjustable linkage to turn PD's non linear throttle and brake into linear operating controls, I have done this on real race cars many times. I dont think the juice would be worth the squeeze though, so to speak. It makes sense to me when I hear people claim PD does this to level the field between controllers and wheels. If true that is kind of irritating to me because this being a racing game one should gain an advantage by using the proper input methods for a racing game. To top it off when the world finalists get together to compete the only acceptable input method is a wheel and pedals. If PD truly wants a level playing field let the competitor use the input method of their choice.

Back