Best way to unlock nurburgring?

• Thread starter Samyb123
  • 16 comments
Got sliver on all but can't get any golds, any tips?

Just checking: you are trying to unlock Nurburgring 24 hour, correct? You already have the track and the 4h version if you have all of the intermediate AMG training sessions in bronze/silver.

No clue how to complete them in gold.

I know this sounds really cheesy, but just practice it!

The way the events are broken down into sections makes it easier to learn them. Just by repeating one over and over you should be able to find your problem areas. How far off are you from gold?

I was really good on the 'Ring in GT4...

Took me a few hours to re-learn the changes for GT5.

On GT4 it probably took me a month to know where I was going. Don't give up because this THE track that has everything.

The AMG challenge is perfect to learn the track, bit by bit.

Right now I have nurburgring sunny and nurburgring time and rain.
Is there a another version I can unlock if I get all gold. I've race the Nurb enough to be 1 sec off from gold with my silver runs without too much re-tyring so I think gold is possible with a little work.

Nordschleife (The same one from GT4) - Sunny version and Time & Weather version

GP/F (The full F1 circuit)

GP/D (The shorter DTM version of the GP/F)

Type V - Which is Nordschleife + GP/D combined. Used for 4h races, so no time/weather.

24h - Which is Nordschleife + most of GP/F... (it cuts out the new Tilke designed section at the start in the F1 section and you use the easier chicane at the top of the hill, just before you turn onto the Nordschleife)
Sunny version and Time & Weather version available for the 24h.

Need all golds on Intermediate AMG to unlock the 24h version!

I have a question about Nordschleife, is there a version with time only and no weather included? I unlocked all silver (gold is impossible, must keep trying) but when I use the Nordschleife in Arcade Mode with time and weather it rains hard on the first sector, then the sun comes out for the rest of the race. I want to try it when it is dark but not raining, I've seen other people have done this.

I have gotten all silvers in the Mercedes intermediate event to unlock Nurburgring and the 4hr version. I'm pretty sure I will never be able to obtain all golds. I guess that means I will never have access to the 24hr version in arcade mode. I find it to be unfair to lock away portions of the game with a task of a high degree of difficulty needed to unlock it. Only the elite players will ever get it. Oh well.

I have a question about Nordschleife, is there a version with time only and no weather included? I unlocked all silver (gold is impossible, must keep trying) but when I use the Nordschleife in Arcade Mode with time and weather it rains hard on the first sector, then the sun comes out for the rest of the race. I want to try it when it is dark but not raining, I've seen other people have done this.

You can have it online - try making a Lounge for yourself (Community tab, your PSN, the mug of coffee at the bottom) and make the track the Nurb w/ Time change.

its insane at night. plus, then your friends can join in :)

Make sure to Favorite your cars so you dont have to exit!

Nordschleife (The same one from GT4) - Sunny version and Time & Weather version

GP/F (The full F1 circuit)

GP/D (The shorter DTM version of the GP/F)

Type V - Which is Nordschleife + GP/D combined. Used for 4h races, so no time/weather.

24h - Which is Nordschleife + most of GP/F... (it cuts out the new Tilke designed section at the start in the F1 section and you use the easier chicane at the top of the hill, just before you turn onto the Nordschleife)
Sunny version and Time & Weather version available for the 24h.

Need all golds on Intermediate AMG to unlock the 24h version!

How do I get the Nordschleife only? Without any part of the others.

I have gotten Gold on all the first 4 Sections.

However im finding the main task very Frustrating 7Minutes and 16 Seconds is my best time so far.

Those other Mercs have an annoying habit off getting in my way, Im sure id have done it by now if they werent there :grumpy:

Those other Mercs have an annoying habit off getting in my way, Im sure id have done it by now if they werent there :grumpy:

Yeah, seriously! The game even said that the rules of the Nürburgring are that slower cars stay to the right to allow quicker cars to pass on the left. The AI never got the memo. Aside form this and being spun by the AI at the Samba Bus Top Gear Challenge, I think the AI is quite improved over past games and is a lot of fun to race against. 👍

On a side note, I'm level 14 and have the Nordschleife with time change, but there is no mention of weather. Do I need to silver the Intermediate AMG Challenge to get the weather variant? (I have bronze at the moment.) Or do I need to level up and then gold, silver, bronze the Advanced or Expert challenges?

Lastly, how long does it take in Arcade Time Trial to switch from night back to sunrise? I drove four laps total and it was still pitch black…and scary…and epic.:sly:

Back