Bikes In Forza 5?

United States
Massachusetts
llClaude_Speedll
BlazingSol05
What do you guys think? Should there or shouldn't there be motorcycles in Forza 5?

I personally would like the inclusion of motorbikes in Forza 5, but class them separately from cars.

I'd love it if Microsoft Studios found a developer who had experience with bike games and released a game that combined the customization aspects and track time with the open road freedom of Horizon.

Tourist Trophy is my favourite Ps2 game, but it's so sadly limited. An Xbox bike game would be ace.

I am a die hard rider, but I just want cars in forza.

Putting bikes in the game would be so difficult and take so much time and it still would end up sucking. The games that are just motorcycles are still not 100% and that's all they focus on.

Nope. I know people love bikes, but I can't stand riding them (which is why I've never gotten 100% in any of the Midnight Club games). I don't want T10 to spend the time on them, and I don't want to have to use them to get 100% in the game.

Heck to the no. Keep cars separate from bikes. Otherwise what's next? Planes on Forza? Oh wait aren't they doing that on Horizon?

No thanks. I mean, there's so much car related stuff left to add to the game that, in my opinion, leave no room for the addition of bikes.

Not that I wouldn't love to see a good Forza-esque game about bikes. But... A dedicated one, please. Doing both cars and bikes in a single game is never going to do both of 'em justice.

Heck to the no. Keep cars separate from bikes. Otherwise what's next? Planes on Forza? Oh wait aren't they doing that on Horizon?

Planes?? that would be awesome...ha ha

I agree with everyone else, keep bikes out. At least until F1 cars race against motorcycles.

Burnout Paradise did the same thing and you needed to have them to do challenges. If this is forced on me I won't drive or even buy one. So no bikes

It they are going to add bikes, add them to Horizon. They do not need to be in Forza. Who knows maybe T10 is working on a game similar to Tourist Trohy thats just bikes for road track racing. :lol:

The only console one I know of with customisation was Riding Spirits 2 on the PS2 and it was, frankly, awful.

Bikes should have no presence in Forza whatsoever save for Horizon. In regards to bikes being drivable in either Forza series: NO. Just... ...just no.

Edit: Reason being that Forza revolves around cars, and I don't want that to change.

It's okay to say "no" without getting all worked up over it, people...

I don't know of any worthwhile roadbike sim apart from Tourist Trophy, and it's something I would like to see again, with fewer Polyphony-isms dragging the concept down. I agree with those who say they'd fit in Horizon, if it becomes a series.

Since I'm a big fan of bikes, I will say yes, but not at the expense of the quality of the game. I think they should add it in as DLC, if you want bikes, you pay for it, if not, no biggie. But it needs to be done properly, not a polyphony gt5 half arse, unfinished job.
Tourist trophy was a top game, shame it's a niche market, need to be of high standard to stand out.

Wait a minute...what about bikes with side cars?
OR a bike pulling a trailer??
What am I doing...never mind I had a brain fart there...

This getting to be a discussion for "Off the Topic" BUT...

No. Let's focus on open-wheel cars first.

I asked the same question back in February sometime. The answer I was given that it would be too hard to do.
I replied if GT5 can find a way I'm sure FM can too.
I'm with you...
Maybe some F1 type cars

Surely some English classics.1935 MGTPB-not open wheeled in the true sense, but sweet none the less.

*My only complaint are the AI..they'd have my wheels flying off in the ditch 8 seconds after the start*

I think the issue with open wheeled cars is the fact that they have the damage/collision system designed with each vehicle having a perimeter that is roughly flat on each side (straight line from corner to corner). Making open wheelers would mean either having a flawed collision system (keeping the full perimeter) or having to work extra on programming in order to simulate the car's "space" intruding into the "space" of another car (e.g. two F1 cars close enough together where the wheels from the left car become inline with the wheels from the right car) along with the damage and tire rub that would occur.

Vectoring, and CAD can take care of all that, my brother does CAD for a living and he's played with just that topic for giggles. If he can get close then I'm sure the big boys can..

Or like you say, keep the full perimeter. I'm sure no one will care if a car gets close and hits him, and sparks fly. Not much different than it is right now.

Bikes In Forza 5?

The first Forza game with bikes is the first one I probably won't buy.

I'm going to say the same thing I said of the notion of adding motorcycles to Gran Turismo. If they do ever add bikes, I want the player properly punished for using them. What I mean by that is I don't want your bike and my car to make contact and you cruise along relatively unscathed as though it was car-car contact. Realistically, my car would decimate your bike without even trying.

If your bike makes contact with another car, with a wall, or even with a curb in the wrong way, I want you face-planting. I want your bike skidding several hundred feet down the track and into the grass somewhere while your bruised body skates off in another direction for a hundred yards. Once you've come to a stop and I'm half a mile ahead of you down the track, you take a few moments to collect yourself, scramble awkwardly to your feet, and then begin the jog back to your bike. Then you have to stand the bike back up, mount it, and start it before you can even think of rejoining the race... as I come around to lap you.

Back