Bikes In Forza 5?

The first Forza game with bikes is the first one I probably won't buy.

I'm going to say the same thing I said of the notion of adding motorcycles to Gran Turismo. If they do ever add bikes, I want the player properly punished for using them. What I mean by that is I don't want your bike and my car to make contact and you cruise along relatively unscathed as though it was car-car contact. Realistically, my car would decimate your bike without even trying.

If your bike makes contact with another car, with a wall, or even with a curb in the wrong way, I want you face-planting. I want your bike skidding several hundred feet down the track and into the grass somewhere while your bruised body skates off in another direction for a hundred yards. Once you've come to a stop and I'm half a mile ahead of you down the track, you take a few moments to collect yourself, scramble awkwardly to your feet, and then begin the jog back to your bike. Then you have to stand the bike back up, mount it, and start it before you can even think of rejoining the race... as I come around to lap you.
As long as they get chains and bats.

757035-road_rash_gen_us_large.jpg

I think the issue with open wheeled cars is the fact that they have the damage/collision system designed with each vehicle having a perimeter that is roughly flat on each side (straight line from corner to corner). Making open wheelers would mean either having a flawed collision system (keeping the full perimeter) or having to work extra on programming in order to simulate the car's "space" intruding into the "space" of another car (e.g. two F1 cars close enough together where the wheels from the left car become inline with the wheels from the right car) along with the damage and tire rub that would occur.

The closest thing I've heard to explain the omission of open-wheel cars, is the forum post Tofu R made when he leaked information about Forza 3.

"No exposed suspension cars like Ariel Atoms, Lotus 340Rs or Caterhams, even though T10 owns PGR and they had the tech to model working suspensions."

Hopefully T10 develop a new engine for Forza 5. There's more stuff that the current engine can't do that bugs me.

I have been longing for that game to be remade for years! I have the old PC game and the Mega Drive trip on the PSP, but in this era, it could be so amazing. How could rashing not be a fun online game? XBLA or PSN would be perfect for it really.

I think I tried to knock people off bikes more than actually racing. Nothing beats smashing into a car head on, on the peak of a huge incline haha. You'll go flying for days. I think i was in elementary school when I had this?

Lol... imagine racing bikes with a steering wheel... force feedback would be effed up!

This is the only way I can play GP bikes My first lap with the wheel I was 2 seconds faster than my best lap after two hours+ with the controller.

I just strapped some makeshift handlebars across the face of the wheel. Currently devising a way to mount the wheel vertically so you push/pull the bars instead of lifting them. The game has FFB, but I'm yet to try it.

I had Road Rash II on Sega Genesis. I remember you could cheat to get the Diablo with the nitros on it and beat everybody.

Anyway, bikes in Forza? It's really supposed to be a car game. I wouldn't turn the idea down if they really considered it.

PGR4 had bikes in it. Only thing I didn't like about PGR was that you couldn't modify any of the cars, but the game was great. Loved racing on the Nurb in a snow storm.

Tourist trophy was a real joy, i'm more of a car man; but the fact that they nicely recreated all those bikes and they all had a modelled "cockpit?" view, really learned me a lot about bikes. I wish i still had a PS2 just so i could play it again...

On that note, i think T10 could perfectly bring out a seperate bike game like tourist trophy, importing the tracks from FM4 but with a nice encyclopedia of famous bikes.

I do believe that a separate game on motorcycles is not profitable. This is shown by the experience poliphony digital. and game Turist Trophy.
But if you add bikes in a big game like forza5 or gt6, it will be a competitive advantage.Motorcycles-it's cool, I think they will appear in Forza, but maybe Forza 6

Oohohohooo heck YES!

Ever since experiencing Tourist Trophy on the PS2 (PD's bike variant of GT), I've been yearning for a motorcycle sim that touches upon the same level of depth and realism found in FM4.

I think T10 have their hands full with FM5 development. But somewhere into the not to distant future, it could be a possibility. If that does happen, I'm taking a complete month off from work!!

If games start adding bikes I wonder if anyone will come up with a specially designed rig you sit astride, just like on a bike, with handlebars and everything? That would be SO cool. I'd want one!

It would take up a fair bit of room, I guess, but we used to keep our Duke in the front room, so I know it would fit. :)

Fine tuning a bike with all the toys.
What about all the slick liveries, and the noise.
You would have to install a fan to be sure..so the wind would blow in your hair.

Then you would have to get rid of your comfy cockpit and get a saw horse and throw a pillow on it...you would need to sit right at the very end of it though, so your feet could reach the pedals.

Man this is getting sooooo awesome........WAIT... no it all sounds silly to me.

I stand with my original statement...NO bikes. :)

If games start adding bikes I wonder if anyone will come up with a specially designed rig you sit astride, just like on a bike, with handlebars and everything? That would be SO cool. I'd want one!

It would take up a fair bit of room, I guess, but we used to keep our Duke in the front room, so I know it would fit. :)
You could pick up an old Super Hang-On sitdown cabinet and wire it up through a spare Xbox controller. ;)

Back