Bit dissapointed with the intro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 301 comments
  • 25,326 views
I liked the first part, with the manufacturing process... and the music was a bit weird at first but when I got used to it it was okay I guess. The second part (with all the action on the track) I found a bit boring, not even remotely as good as GT2 (which is my latest poin of reference btw), but if it's something that PD had to cut down on to be able to release the game this year I'm glad it was the intro movie :)
 
The intro sucks, the 1st half is way too long and vague, little to do with racing itself, and the choice of music, whoever made it was just a complete imbecile, emo rock or indy rock for that matter, however strong the bias towards rocks + racing may be, rock just does not go with racing and never has. There are only unique cases where rock goes with racing and thats whenever we hear The Chain every other sunday on BBC.

It's 2010, its time for the anoraks and bommel hats to let go of false nostalgia and get with the times, genres like dance, house, breakbeat, drum&bass, dubstep, glitchhop, etc. go with racing far better than an ancient one dimensional genre, hell, even sh***y grime would go better with racing!!!
 
Looks like i was right :) Here is the real GT2 intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tm4sdRzcUA

unless it was different depending on region

Yeah, GT2 was different intro in different regions. Haven't played GT3 or GT4 so I can't tell for those... and I think prologue intro was different for different regions as well? So perhaps the GT5 intro will be different too. I don't know what version it is that has been leaked, if it's the European version? I hope it isn't... but really it doesn't matter that much if it is.
 
It's 2010, its time for the anoraks and bommel hats to let go of false nostalgia and get with the times, genres like dance, house, breakbeat, drum&bass, dubstep, glitchhop, etc. go with racing far better than an ancient one dimensional genre, hell, even sh***y grime would go better with racing!!!

Spot on, apart from grime, that genre is abhorrent.
 
The intro sucks, the 1st half is way too long and vague, little to do with racing itself, and the choice of music, whoever made it was just a complete imbecile, emo rock or indy rock for that matter, however strong the bias towards rocks + racing may be, rock just does not go with racing and never has. There are only unique cases where rock goes with racing and thats whenever we hear The Chain every other sunday on BBC.

It's 2010, its time for the anoraks and bommel hats to let go of false nostalgia and get with the times, genres like dance, house, breakbeat, drum&bass, dubstep, glitchhop, etc. go with racing far better than an ancient one dimensional genre, hell, even sh***y grime would go better with racing!!!

I agree with the genres of music you listed there. If I remember, they did feature some Drum&Bass in the intro of GT:PSP, which was a good intro. Now if they let the us (video makers and such) make the intro, then I think we would be more satisfied with the intro, don't you think? :)
 
Yeah, GT2 was different intro in different regions. Haven't played GT3 or GT4 so I can't tell for those... and I think prologue intro was different for different regions as well? So perhaps the GT5 intro will be different too. I don't know what version it is that has been leaked, if it's the European version? I hope it isn't... but really it doesn't matter that much if it is.


I know GT4 did have 3 different intros depending on region. Europe was a Kasabian - reason is treason remix. US was Van Halen - Panama and the Asian one was a japanese type song which name escapes me atm. Wasn't sure just how far back the music localisation went in the GT series.
 
I thought it was good, subtle - but hey, how often are we all going to watch it, really? The game goes in, we play - also if you don't like the game music choices then slap in your own mix.

Slightly off topic maybe but I hope we get some of the Stig's past driving music choices for the Top Gear track events...that'd be fun.
 
I thought it was good, subtle - but hey, how often are we all going to watch it, really? The game goes in, we play - also if you don't like the game music choices then slap in your own mix.

Slightly off topic maybe but I hope we get some of the Stig's past driving music choices for the Top Gear track events...that'd be fun.


That'll be an interesting experience, having to hear morris code and vuvuzela moods while driving around the Top gear test track. :dopey:
 
Hey hope everyones happy on this day with so much news about GT5:D
But anyways I wanted to discuss something, is anyone else a bit disapointed with the intro?
I have honestly loved all the previous GT cinematics, they were simply filled with epicness especially GT4's intro where the marshals walk with the flag with epic music playing, GT3 had that CGI engine from the Tom's Supra. But GT5, I dont know its got a dirty car manufacturing plant :S .....
Anyone else?

I found the intro to be decent. The music by MCR was less than exciting (imho, ymmv). As others have mentioned it is just the intro and can be turned off in the future playing.
:)
 
The intro is nice. There were more exciting trailers for GT5. But nobody is watching it over and over again. Starting GT5 is for racing and not watching the intro.
 
The intro is nice. There were more exciting trailers for GT5. But nobody is watching it over and over again. Starting GT5 is for racing and not watching the intro.


That is what I think, Stop crying about the intro and play the game upon release. I probably will not watch it after the first time much anyway. If it does play, I will be in another room for a few minutes.
 
Last edited:
I thought the intro was quite good..I am even now at peace with the song too.:) and that Z4 vid just makes me want the damn game even more..:drool:
 
I thought it was good, subtle - but hey, how often are we all going to watch it, really? The game goes in, we play - also if you don't like the game music choices then slap in your own mix.

Slightly off topic maybe but I hope we get some of the Stig's past driving music choices for the Top Gear track events...that'd be fun.

His language tapes would be awesome :)
 
We're only talking about the first half of the intro right? I think it's pretty classy, but obliviously you'll be able to skip over it ;)
 
Watch the intro once, then skip past it for the next 5 years you'll be playing the game for. What's the big deal?
 
The intro is nice. There were more exciting trailers for GT5. But nobody is watching it over and over again. Starting GT5 is for racing and not watching the intro.

exactly. It's nice to watch once. And that's what most of us will do: watch it only once and ignore it the other times we play.
 
The thing i like is at 5:37 were you can see the Ferrari F10(formula1 2010)
 
Am I looking at this correctly? This is an EU copy of the game therefore this is the European intro for GT5?
 
I don't care much about the intro because I normally skip them as I've seen them on here or Youtube before hand. I saw it earlier and for most of it I wonder WTF?? but then in came the cars.
 
I didn't get to see the intro video :'( Was it CG or in-game engine with extra "baked" effects?
 
The thing is... WE DON'T HAVE THE GAME YET :(

So we have way too much time in our hands to keep reviewing every bit of scarce info that comes out.

And we all know we can skip the video... doesn't mean we can't say we do or do not like it. Which by the way is what people do in forums, state their opinions. And this is, specifically, the "Bit dissapointed with the intro" thread.
 
The intro sucked, the factory part is slow and long, the second part where they show the racing have good sequences but the music totally ruins it. After the GT5p Europe intro or the E3 2010 trailer i was waiting for something good but this is just one of the worse GT intros i have ever seen.
 
Oh nvm just saw it.... to me it started epic, but then the fast-modern part was not up to standard, messy editing and the music is just distasteful. Anyway, who cares, it's not like I watch those videos more than once (though I used to love GT1, GT2 and GT3 intro), but these days the game looks just as good so I don't bother salivating over pre-rendered imagery.
 
I agree...wrong music choice,E3 trailer,Red bull trailer were awesome!!!All in All its just an intro....btw I really like the C6R vs the Camaro
 
The only issue I have is that I would have liked the factory part to be shorter. It feels like I'm watching a documentary without a narrator.
 
GT4
"Oh nice intro"
-Goes into options and turns intro off-
GT PSP
"Oh nice intro"
-Goes in the options and turns intro off-

Hmm guess it will be the same for GT5.
 
Hello everyone!

had to make an account just for this thread ;)

The intro isnt bad, the video, well.. ok the factory parts was bit boring, But it was the rubbish video and the audio sucked! i'm sure the intro on 5:1 will be 100% better.
 
Back