Bitcoin, Altcoin and Cryptocurrency Thread

What's happening :lol:
Screenshots
f7a04b62150a400dacf235e2481b976d.png

d024afad58339c3192cfd4204bbbb847.png

f2233d651fa6635cf33857e56e09feca.png

Lowest was 8 cents, I wonder how many sold their coins. I saw huuuuge buy transactions (9 BTC+), whales at work? I haven't sold anything... I'll just hold and ride it out, this just feels so fishy and dirty :ouch:

McAfee will promote anything if you pay him. If I had Verge at the moment I would be looking for a way out.
McAfee is now involved with promoting the Russian Universa (UTN). Is touted as the next big thing. A Group of friends have heavily invested in Its ICO. Though im skeptical at Its claims. Mostly because Its Russian. Their goal was 100mil and only managed to get 28 mil. That said I’ll probably going to buy a piece of it... just in case it does go to the moon...

Verge is back at 19 cents and the Reddit message is deleted.... Oh this is sooo dirty!
:lol:

I'm not too worried about these pump & dump schemes, they happen for every coin. Don't believe anything you read on Reddit or other sources. Always take a look at who's posting and what's their motive. 👍 The only rule I follow is buy low and sell high. So I in fact bought some more Verge while it was cheap. Too easy. :)

BTW, what app are you using in those screenshots? Looks snazzy. 👍

:lol:

I'm not too worried about these pump & dump schemes, they happen for every coin. Don't believe anything you read on Reddit or other sources. Always take a look at who's posting and what's their motive. 👍 The only rule I follow is buy low and sell high. So I in fact bought some more Verge while it was cheap. Too easy. :)

BTW, what app are you using in those screenshots? Looks snazzy. 👍

HODL! :lol:

Binance, they have an Android app too which I found pretty nice to use too.. :)

The effect (probably):
e8bfd3970535d28e3740f91f9054aa5b.png

It was at $1.18 at its peak. I wonder if it goes back to below the dollar, as it came from there.

Incredible week for Ripple, peaking above $2 earlier. I’m not sure we’ll ever see it below $1 again.
I dunno. Most people don't realise Ripple Inc escrowed 55% of the coins in circulation and are going to release 1 billion (yes, billion) of them per month, starting 1 January 2018.

This huge run up has been powered by i) people thinking there is some connection between banks signing contract with Ripple Tech and XRP ii) fomo and iii)Bitfinex potentially using their money printing machine called Tether to pump XRP instead of BTC as they have done up till now.

*all my opinion, of course ;)

Are you sure they plan to release starting in Jan? I can't find any information for when the escrows start unloading, just confirmation that the lockup has been completed. I agree on all three of your points regarding the most recent run though.

Thought I had seen that, but appears not.

The 1b per month can be used to encourage new partnerships or released to the public, it seems:

Still, dodgy AF. "Let's replace banks! With a corporate!!" Um yeah.

Not sure anything will succeed that isn't corporate in some way. Like Verge, "The future of privacy", meh. It's nice for the people that are busy with BTC at this moment, but when the 'normies come the bubble will burst. I like my privacy and I like my privacy respected but I have to pay tax over crypto currency, so how private is that then?

Verge in current form is useless as its protocols for privicy don't exist yet, monero is horribly under priced anyway and that's the complete package, its a top 5 coin long term.

Verge in current form is useless as its protocols for privicy don't exist yet, monero is horribly under priced anyway and that's the complete package, its a top 5 coin long term.
XMR is definitely only going up, it;s the complete package as you say. Probably first to be banned too when the times comes as a result.

Did you see all the malarky about banks freezing deposits to crypto exchanges over the last few days?

Verge is surging because of the pending release of their Wraith protocol (stealth addressing) today. If you're a day trader, now's the time to get it. Actually, if you are a holder too. I expect it to hit 0.50 USD today and probably a bit higher in January.

Did you see all the malarky about banks freezing deposits to crypto exchanges over the last few days?
Is that mostly an AUS thing? In EU it's (mostly) well-regulated and taxed, nobody is blocking anything here (at least not in NL). There are several legit exchanges based here.

XMR is definitely only going up, it;s the complete package as you say. Probably first to be banned too when the times comes as a result.

Yeah, but I use credit unions, top 4 banks here are just a mafia with their added fees. right now though with crypto they are all playing stupid hoping they can get away with it knowing that long term crypto is a real threat for them, eventually they will have to make their plans public.

I don't see privacy coins being banned, their main purpose is to stay in the crypto sphere so as long as that happens there is no issue there, that can't be banned no matter who tries.

Verge is surging because of the pending release of their Wraith protocol (stealth addressing) today. If you're a day trader, now's the time to get it. Actually, if you are a holder too. I expect it to hit 0.50 USD today and probably a bit higher in January.

0.50? That would be insane..

I have to get up at 4.30 am tomorrow, maybe I can see it happen?

0.50? That would be insane..
Not expecting it to stay there (e.g. a bit of dumping afterwards), but if they release what's promised, it's going to surge harder than it did this morning. :)

Not expecting it to stay there (e.g. a bit of dumping afterwards), but if they release what's promised, it's going to surge harder than it did this morning. :)

Guess I'll keep a tab open on Verge till I'm going to sleep then...

I have some xvg and trx just in case. But my main coin is Xrp! Bought it at 0,10 back when. Imho the coin with the best short term “real world” usecase! Happy New Years and may your coin go to the moon in 2018!!

Well, Wraith Protocol release was a major dud. TL;DR: They did not deliver what was promised, nor was it on time. First reports indicate it's just a hastily put-together copy of Shadowcoin. Well, that's one way to get rid of the last bit of trust you had. :lol: This was supposed to be one of their major USPs and milestones and they botched it both marketing and product wise. I dumped at the top yesterday and moved elsewhere. Not going in this again unless there are some major changes on the team. Still got a 40% profit in less than two weeks though. :)

Yeah Verge was disappointing, but not sure if I was really expecting something after latest news.

Stellar and ADA are an interesting watch at the moment :)

Some people with big $ are holding a lot of XRP. While it's not a bad buy after such a big dip, I'd personally get some XLM as a hedge at least. I only got XRP back wen it was .70 and sold it at .90 because I don't really like it.

Made about 25% on XLM today before I noticed ETH going up and traded it back to ETH. When XLM comes back down I want to get in again. REQ and ICX are what I'm mainly watching right now. REQ will break $1 soon, no doubt about it. MIOTA is something else that's promising in these first few months and it's pretty far from its ATH right now. LTC is the wildcard for me, no idea what will happen there.

LTC is the wildcard for me, no idea what will happen there.
Kinda hard to get behind a coin whose founder dicked over it's holders so bad. Pumped it up with every shill he could muster, only to dump it out just before a huge market pullback "conveniently".

Kinda hard to get behind a coin whose founder dicked over it's holders so bad. Pumped it up with every shill he could muster, only to dump it out just before a huge market pullback "conveniently".
Yep, it really sucks. I got in @100 simply because it had the least fluctuations at the time and I was just getting it through coinbase to pass it onto alts. Then bought some more @320 because it seemed to be relatively solid again, guess not. Right now I'm right around my average but I sold off the first purchase when it hit the mid 200s. I'm going to hold the 320 purchase until it goes to 0 or until it gets to the 300s again and then I'm not touching LTC again.

Back