Black List of drivers you must elude.

• Thread starter LANDO
  • 223 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree
I think some contact is inevitable little love taps whilst figthing for position etc.
And yeah if if you hit someone and it is your fault then the least you can do is hold off the throttle and let him back past . Then pass them cleaner next time .

But it's the blatant sideswipes and attempted pit manouvers whist side by side on high speed sections that make me wish i knew where some of these guys live .

On a positive note, I just had a great race with a racer named Takkam (I think that's the spelling) in the Lotus Pro race at Eiger. He pulled to the side at the start to let me by, but I slowed up and let him lead. We had a pretty close and completely contact-free run for about four of the five laps until I lost it on one of the S turns.

Takkam then waited at the start/finish, presumably to give me the win after our tight run. Very gentlemanly maneuver, but I slowed up and pulled in behind to give his car a little lovetap over the line. Who says ramming is always a bad thing? ;)

It's very refreshing to see mature racers like that on the track!

On a positive note, I just had a great race with a racer named Takkam (I think that's the spelling) in the Lotus Pro race at Eiger. He pulled to the side at the start to let me by, but I slowed up and let him lead. We had a pretty close and completely contact-free run for about four of the five laps until I lost it on one of the S turns.

Takkam then waited at the start/finish, presumably to give me the win after our tight run. Very gentlemanly maneuver, but I slowed up and pulled in behind to give his car a little lovetap over the line. Who says ramming is always a bad thing? ;)

It's very refreshing to see mature racers like that on the track!

I've had a similar experience.

Can't remember his/her name but we did an Eiger race with only them and myself. They pulled over at the start and let me pass. We raced virtually contact free for several laps before I made a small mistake exiting the turn that heads into the tunnel. They got a clean run up beside me and passed into the right hander after the tunnel. As we headed up to the final couple of turns on the same lap I accidentally gave them a small bump and pushed them wide (doesn't take much with N1 tyres), so I waited for them to rejoin and get in front again. The next lap they made a small mistake running a little wide into the first hairpin and I got up the inside and led the race till the end.

It was one of the much more enjoyable races I've had despite the fact there was only two of us and the car used was only slightly faster than a ride-on lawnmower.

last night I did 5-6 lotus pro race. they were OK.
I tried a arcade clio race. damn it was terrible and for me it was harder than pro events. a lot of unfair challanges. I hope PD will raise pro race number.

last night I did 5-6 lotus pro race. they were OK.
I tried a arcade clio race. damn it was terrible and for me it was harder than pro events. a lot of unfair challanges. I hope PD will raise pro race number.
Yes I've done a few Clio races at Fuji and have come to the conclusion that inorder to win you do not need driving skill but the ability to race off course and know where to ram and side swipe. It's quite a lottery really :indiff:
nige

Yes I've done a few Clio races at Fuji and have come to the conclusion that inorder to win you do not need driving skill but the ability to race off course and know where to ram and side swipe. It's quite a lottery really :indiff:
nige

I kind of agree but then again it all depends on who you are racing. As me and Lando have had a few hard fought very fair races in the clio's

I kind of agree but then again it all depends on who you are racing. As me and Lando have had a few hard fought very fair races in the clio's

Absolutely :) I have had a few races where after having been shunted off I have battled with a racer who does want a fair race, not for a win, but somewhere down the field. I do enjoy that.
nige

sounds to me like everybody most times only remembers who they raced when they are in accidents, instead of keeping track of everyone they race.

Today I had a good evening racing just the two us, I did not beat you any race, but I had so much fun fot he clean race, passing each other in the turns. These races with more fair people would be awesome....

Private lobbies now!!!

Fair point ...

But the peice of paper would be bloody huge
plus the thread is called " Blacklist of drivers you must elude"

Thanks Lando some top racing
As for private lobbies i don't think we will see them until the full GT5 or Home is released

I know this has been mentioned already. The "fpqa" brigade, they were out in force at Daytona last night. In one race there has about five or six of them! Nasty they were too. I passed one and he/she managed to slipstream me and at the corner swiped me head long into the wall! They should be banned now! I shall now quit any races with them in, Spoils the enjoyment for everybody else :grumpy:

nige

Been taking great pleasure in beating the 'fqpa' brigade at every given opportunity. They're like wasps, attract one and they all go for you. Get the move just right, though, and you can slip past them like a hot knife through butter.

Having to consistently start at the back you tend to develop a way to deal with things :D

i just survived a fuji-race with DRIFT-YELLOW-FD. who is this person? why doesn´t he go to real war?

by far not THAT annoying, but def not clean: "sky_167" and "Junesong"

Brian_408 is a good driver, but he's not content with just winning. It seems he's only happy when he can successfully take out every driver along the way. I've been racing him for a couple weeks at Daytona so I know the crap he pulls. His favorite move is to break check whoever is in his draft going to the finish line.

Brian_408 is a good driver, but he's not content with just winning. It seems he's only happy when he can successfully take out every driver along the way. I've been racing him for a couple weeks at Daytona so I know the crap he pulls. His favorite move is to break check whoever is in his draft going to the finish line.

had same exp with this dude.....👎.....but luckaly he does the same thing all the time so when you are heading for the finish line you know hes gonna do that every time so you can react on this!!!!i won every time cause when he wants to breakcheck me going towards the finish line i swerve past him every time!!!!!this way he hopefully will be fedup soon and start learning how to race properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Last night I had a 'funny' experience on the Daytona track: At the beginning of the race someone (I don't know who) in front had turned around and collided heads-on with me, both at full speed. My car was thrown back maybe as much as 50 meters (150 ft) while his car stopped dead at the collision's possition. Physics-wise that seems a bit odd to me, mostly because both cars have about the same weight and were going at similar speeds, so both cars should have stopped dead.

Btw. I have a hard time getting into any on-line race. Are they all full most of the time, or is there just no one else there? Please enlighten me. :)

Btw. I have a hard time getting into any on-line race. Are they all full most of the time, or is there just no one else there? Please enlighten me. :)

I think there is no one else, the last 2 days I have been racing just with one or two people, in the Clio event. I Think the events of this week did not like.

what I witnessed tonight at daytona pro race:

Chioru-One When I was overtaking him on the back str8 he simply hit my rightside and throw me out of track. end of race for me.

asaboo & stoertebetcker GT
oh this was awesome. those two parasites have builded a barricade just before the finishline. Me(2nd) and some dude (1st) were turning last curve wheel 2 wheel in last lap. we couldnt do anything but crash those idiots.

We need private races :S
We need more penalty. if someone stops at anywhere on the track longer than 5 sec simply kick him.
if someone goes reverse simply kick him.

We need private races :S
We need more penalty. if someone stops at anywhere on the track longer than 5 sec simply kick him.
if someone goes reverse simply kick him.

Private races should be here when Home is launched.
I'll add a big "Hell Yea" on those penalties!

Today I should be in this list, I am ashammed of myself, but what 2 guys did me yesterday pissed me off so much. I do not remember the names due to my fury.

First of all, I was going to win the race, thanks to the slipstream and when I was goin to overtatake he pushes me off the track.

The second guy, in la 2, I was slipstreaming him and suddenly brakes the car and I got 7.5 sec penalty, I hitted him at 200 km/h - 120mph. What kind of person do this......

So what I did, was to turn around my car and wait for them and ruin their race.

Today I should be in this list, I am ashammed of myself, but what 2 guys did me yesterday pissed me off so much. I do not remember the names due to my fury.

First of all, I was going to win the race, thanks to the slipstream and when I was goin to overtatake he pushes me off the track.

The second guy, in la 2, I was slipstreaming him and suddenly brakes the car and I got 7.5 sec penalty, I hitted him at 200 km/h - 120mph. What kind of person do this......

So what I did, was to turn around my car and wait for them and ruin their race.

sorry mate but that makes you as bad as them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!idiot,if you are in a race like this just log out and find another race where there are no bangers!!!!......sorry man,but if everybody starts to revenge every time you get hit there will be chaos and nobody will ever have a good clean race online again!!!!.....so please dont let these assholes get to you man,just get out....:grumpy:

sorry mate but that makes you as bad as them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!idiot,if you are in a race like this just log out and find another race where there are no bangers!!!!......sorry man,but if everybody starts to revenge every time you get hit there will be chaos and nobody will ever have a good clean race online again!!!!.....so please dont let these assholes get to you man,just get out....:grumpy:

First of all, I do not think you have to call me idiot, anyway you are totally right, as I said it is the first and the last time I will do this driving, I had a bad day and took me like 5 min to enter the race.

One moment of weakness. See you, and next time watch your language...

I'd like to think that PD is aware of the problem we're experiencing online. I wish there was a way to get an official response from them on this issue too. And perhaps give us a clue about any possible planned solutions.

I'm starting to wonder if it would benifit us to compose a list of possible / resonable solutions to the problem...and then send it to PD or post it here and hope for the best.

But on the other hand we know that other Game/Sim titles have implemented viable solutions for this very problem - that work. So voicing our complaints (concerns) here may be good enough.

I Hope

CMe
I'm starting to wonder if it would benifit us to compose a list of possible / resonable solutions to the problem...and then send it to PD or post it here and hope for the best.

Personally ithink the only real solution is private rooms.
passwords etc.
And yes while there maybe a danger of continuously racing the same people over and over .

There's always the option of (not trying to be eliteist ) but some of us here at gtplanet hosting open rooms to try and find other like minded racers out there to join our community . Or even learn a little about fast/fair online racing .

First of all, I do not think you have to call me idiot, anyway you are totally right, as I said it is the first and the last time I will do this driving, I had a bad day and took me like 5 min to enter the race.

One moment of weakness. See you, and next time watch your language...

the idiot part whas my emotion speaking cause my "good" racing days are spoiled by idiots who totally ruin my superrace by doing what you wrote there!!!....but dude ,all is well ,sorry about that idiot part,but your reaction just made me jump!!....see you too.and you watch out next time you loose it:sly::sly:....spyrrari.

the idiot part whas my emotion speaking cause my "good" racing days are spoiled by idiots who totally ruin my superrace by doing what you wrote there!!!....but dude ,all is well ,sorry about that idiot part,but your reaction just made me jump!!....see you too.and you watch out next time you loose it:sly::sly:....spyrrari.

Spyrrari makes a very good point. At the end of the day it's only a game - DON'T let it get to you. It's not life and death. If you are having a bad time out on the track just abort and enter again ( after another 5 minutes , I know ).
Happy racing,
nige

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back