BMW 8 Series Return

• Thread starter lxmmy
  • 239 comments
I... don't like it. I honestly had high hopes for this, but yeah, no chance.

The front and rear look terrible, but at least the middle looks decent.

The S Class Coupe and the Audi Prologue look much better than this.

Last edited:
Everything from the 3/4 rear is fine, but those grilles are awful. It has the same problem (imo) as that yellow BMW CSL concept from a year or two back. It's just a render though right?

At first glance, the 8-serie looks good. My opinion can change in the near future but right now, I find a good looking coupé that has a lot of the BMW i8 DNA.

01.jpg

bmw-8-series-concept-leaked-it-looks-ready-to-cause-a-ruckus_7-jpg.412082

06.jpg

It is very Aston Martinish - but that's not such a bad thing.

I'm liking the way it appears like a proper sports coupe, not just a large 2-door saloon, like all the previous 6 and 8-Series Coupes have done.

I wonder how much of this concept will be reigned back for the production version? Bigger side mirrors, less capacious venting and a less blingy grill i suspect.

I quite like the bold styling mixed with the streamlined profile, kinda reminds me of the Lexus LC. I do hope the kidney grill is toned down a notch for the production car though.

Hot damn, I love this car. Most of you, who know me for a long time, know that I'm a Porsche 911 fan (not all models though) but this car is a serious contender.

I still see a lot of i8 in this 8-series.

I don't know why but the front kind of looks like the pre-facelift Tesla Model S if you squint a bit.

This thing is ugly, it's like they tried hard not to be what they usually are, but mixed it with what they usually are and their futuristic department and churned this. It's like an homage to sharks in the front and the rest gives respect to other European GT cars. I don't see what there really is to like.

What is not to like about this new 8-series?

EDIT: this is still a concept car. Didn't know that. :(

If there's something I don't like about this concept car, it's the front bumper.

BTW, I never liked the E31 8-series and I still don't.

Was very pleased when BMW announced they were bringing the 8-series back, as I loved the original. However, I was a little worried, as I'm not a massive fan of BMW's current design language with the way their cars look.

And when I first saw a shot of the front end of the new 8-series, I was a little unsure. However, now that I've seen the car in full, I'm really liking it. Heck, I'd even go as far as to say it's quite stunning the more it grows on me.

I particularly like the rear end profile, very sleek. It's also nice to see it still maintains that large gran coupe style that the original had, but it a more modern and sleek format. At least it does to me anyway.

That's hideous, that is just flat out hideous. The rear overhang is ridiculously long and bulbous and the front looks like a bad BMW fake nose job on a Tesla Model S. That wheel base is very reasonable, and yet they've found a way to slam a boat on it by the looks of the front and rear overhang.

Glad its only a concept cause Christ this is bad. 👎 It could have a 6.0 liter N/A V12 and I'd still wanna scrap this. How on Earth is this okay? The M6 looks sleeker than this!

You know it's depressing when an Accord looks better than your concept.

Last edited:
M8 Prototype is officially confirmed, will be shown in some guise or another tomorrow at the M-Festival at the Nürburgring 24 hour.

An i8, an Aston Martin, and a Lexus LC500. Blend those together, and you get this.

I love it!

Back