Boffin's photography gallery - Hello again, old friend(s)

• Thread starter Boffin
  • 293 comments
I wanted to say the same. Nice Tumblr :) Lotsa nice shots and some stuff from this thread as well 👍 So you are going to have an exhibition of your work for school if I read correctly?

Nice tumblr. 👍

I wanted to say the same. Nice Tumblr :) Lotsa nice shots and some stuff from this thread as well 👍 So you are going to have an exhibition of your work for school if I read correctly?

Cheers! Yeah, decided to dump everything I have done mostly over this year but also a select few from the last few years into an online portfolio. Its getting toward that time in life where I have to present my works to possible employees and clients. Tumblr is a temporary fix - I shall endeavour to build a site in the coming months.
Already had the exhibition, along with other students from my year. Went really well. Now I just have to go back to uni in 2 weeks to dress in a gown and accept my piece of paper! ...only to go back next year to start another course. :lol:

Been playing around with my new Macbook and CS6, which only just recently updated itself to work on the retina display's res. Even if this uploaded perfectly and is viewed on a brilliant monitor I am probably right in saying it'll look absolute pants to how it comes out on my display. :P

tumblr_mf99g3J2DJ1qm0su7o1_1280.jpg

I have already posted this image up a while ago but this is a re-edit. It’s an image I really enjoy but I worked on it in 2nd year, with less knowledge on some of the photoshop tricks I could have exploited to make the most of it at the time. I went back to see if I could improve anything while still keeping the tones I enjoy in it.

Wellllll it's been quiet in here because I have no time to shoot anything with my fulltime photography job (go figure)... so this is all I have lately. I am sure I have more, but I haven't had enough time for processing. Enjoy! And feedback of course, if you feel that way inclined...

tumblr_moyai3lF3p1qm0su7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_moyajpj5Bj1qm0su7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_moyakzNmHF1qm0su7o1_1280.jpg

That shot of the Opera house just made my jaw drop to the ground. That is absolutely epic! 👍 Also diggin' that first shot with his nice little sweater on :lol:

All three of those pictures look great, good to see you've found some time for your own work and that you secured a photography job 👍

Moar stuff!

Opera House ver. 2

tumblr_mqp47hR66S1qm0su7o1_1280.jpg

Country Morning

tumblr_mqp49xpJVv1qm0su7o1_1280.jpg

The next two are some notable examples of when I was playing with Holga double exposures in Melbourne. I guess I chose to shoot that way as I felt it reflected the city and culture...

tumblr_mqp4czJwI41qm0su7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqp4duNEoU1qm0su7o1_1280.jpg

I've seen the Opera House a couple of times on my travels but never like that. I'm jealous.

I've seen the Opera House a couple of times on my travels but never like that. I'm jealous.

Excellent shot of the Opera House.

(10/10, would be the phantom ;))

Many thanks guys! Its another one of those funny cases where the second shot of the opera house was an afterthought, yet it seems to garner the most response...

Shot I took for the weekly car review at the paper. We do get to review exciting cars but they never line up with cool times or locations. I am then left to make slightly less exciting cars look more exciting...

tumblr_mrmlq4zSyD1qm0su7o1_1280.jpg

Alright! Been a while since I put anything up, so I thought I would put up the set that I shot on my new D800E that I took out on its first outing at the Ferrari Racing Days last weekend.

The res on this thing is stupid - you really need a steady hand at anything below 1/250 to really exploit all the potential of the optics.​

Pits.jpg

PitPrep.jpg

PitCrew.jpg

FxxNose.jpg

599xx.jpg

328.jpg

Paddock.jpg

308.jpg

GTO.jpg

Engine.jpg

PitRun.jpg

Flyby.jpg

599xxWheelWork.jpg

458Flyby.jpg

F12Cabin.jpg

Blur-3.jpg

Deepred.jpg

F12Flyby1000.jpg

LaFerrari.jpg

F40-4.jpg

F50.jpg

Enzo.jpg

Speed.jpg

599xxPrep.jpg

458Battle.jpg

PhonePic.jpg

FullBrakes.jpg

WheelWash.jpg

Fxx.jpg

308Appreciate.jpg

Fantastic shots, man! You've got a great eye. The colours are really nice in these shots. They're very nice and vibrant but not overbearing, they're just nice and warm on the eye. Almost like they're analogue shots. I absolutely love that first one, I can't explain it. There's just some sense of "emotion" in it, I dunno, it's just great! 👍 Also, what's the deal with those studio shots, was that a special opportunity or just a convenient (photography-wise) display Ferrari had set up?

Too many interesting shots to point individually. Awesome, awesome set.

And a D800E? Damn, I'm jelly! :P

Congratulations x2.

Fantastic shots, man! You've got a great eye. The colours are really nice in these shots. They're very nice and vibrant but not overbearing, they're just nice and warm on the eye. Almost like they're analogue shots. I absolutely love that first one, I can't explain it. There's just some sense of "emotion" in it, I dunno, it's just great! 👍 Also, what's the deal with those studio shots, was that a special opportunity or just a convenient (photography-wise) display Ferrari had set up?

Hahah I think you have picked up on pretty much everything I put into these, so its a huge relief you noticed! :D The studio shots where indeed just the cars on a plinth bordered off with a white setting , but I thought its easy enough to simply take a picture of them from over the fence (and I indeed did), but I looked at some design features from each that really spoke to me in a more abstract composition....I guess? It was the next best thing to being able to get up close with them. :)

Cheers for dropping by and the kind words! 👍

Too many interesting shots to point individually. Awesome, awesome set.

And a D800E? Damn, I'm jelly! :P

Congratulations x2.

Thanks dude! :) Yeah it took an awful lot of researching whether to go the 800E or the 610 but I kinda yolo'd in the end :P

Last edited:
Back