Bowtie's Speed Shop : Ultimate Corvette Collection!

Some Reventon stock information for you.

Stock with Sports Soft Tyres, in usual FITT conditions. DS3(pad,not sticks), auto transmission.

Midfield - 1:14:005
Enjoyed it around here!

Ascari - 2:14:345
Not good around here. Understeering/oversteering mess!

Monza - 1:52:439
Decent around here too.

Apricot Hill - 1:25:158
Not good around here either. Full drift around the long left hander in the middle of the track made it fun though!

Will hopefully get to run the tunes later in the week.
Ascari I thought was not too bad actually, after tuning of course. But even with tuning, it did not like Apricot Hill. I would avoid this car on that track.

Thanks for stock info, look forward to see what you think tuned if you can find the time.

21711499899_f9f41b9ce3_c.jpg

Reventon '08

Paint: Arancio Argos
Rims: KMC KM681 inch +1

PP: 550
HP: 538
WEIGHT: 1385kg
WEIGHT DIST: 45:55
TIRE(S): Sports: Soft

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Rigidity Improvement - No
Front Aero - No
Wing - Custom Mount F, Wing C, Winglet C, Height -6, Width +10
Flat Floor - No
Other - Calipers Painted Black

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // Brakes: Racing
RIDE HEIGHT - 75 / 80
SPRINGS - 8.25 / 15.25
COMP - 6 / 8
EXT - 8 / 7
ARB - 5 / 6
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.20 / 0.20
BRAKES - 5 / 7

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 149
1ST - 3.500
2ND - 2.350
3RD - 1.700
4TH - 1.315
5TH - 1.065
6TH - 0.895
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.500
(^^^Adjust for top speed here)

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 8 / 10
ACCEL - 20 / 22
DECEL - 10 /25

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate
CARBON SHAFT: Installed
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: Installed @ 35:65

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Standard
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - n/a
POWER LIMITER - 83.0%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 3
CARBON HOOD - Standard
WINDOW WEIGHT - Installed

BALLAST - 47kg @ -40
DOWNFORCE - 0 / 15

NOTE:

First tested on Supercar Festival Race 1 - Silverstone to see how it handled with actual competition and mobile chicanes.

An easy win even at 550PP. The FXX put up a fight on the straights but this car was good enough for a win even with the power deficit.

Breakdown of the car for the race test of this car.

Turn in. Consistent, confident and enough over steer to nullify the understeer that plagues most 4wd cars. It was nearly neutral on handling but I did find on slow corners that the understeer required some feathering of the throttle but a great improvement on the stock version of this car. Corner exit was flawless and confidence inspiring, it went where it was pointed and acceleration was awesome. Hitting the apexes was very easy in this tune.

Transmission. The transmission worked really well with this car, very little wheel spin and lots of grip to play with. No issues here.

Brakes. I found that they could pull if you were braking into some corners but this is minor and was easily rectified with some more throttle blipping to straighten the car up mid corner.

Handling. Second to none. Very good and inspired a lot of confidence. It was safe to drive but not too safe so you felt that you were in control of the car and not the other way around. Good job in this area.

Now for the test as per Bowtie regs :)

Midfield
Best lap - 1.11.527
You need to be hitting the braking points at precisely the right place to get the consistent line through some corners here. Miss it by a inch and you get the know what kitty litter feels like :) When you do consistent laps, it feels good though. The transmission as tune worked well on this track. Nearly perfect.

Ascari
Best lap – 2.13.576
This track is sort of suited to this tune but it does suffer from oversteer issues and instability if you run a wheel on the grass for a split second. It can be quick if you feather the throttle in some places and it does allow full throttle through some of the faster corners but it can get a little squirrelly under braking so you have to be careful of that from time to time. It does work here but you have to be semi-pro driving level or above to really get the quick lap times around here.

Monza
Best Lap – 1.52.957
This car works well around here if you are just cruising it and in a rhythm with the car. It is graceful and can achieve a good lap time easily but once you start trying to hot lap this car and knock 2-3 seconds of your best lap (which is theoretically possible), it will start going past the limits of the tune which can make this car a little difficult to drive. Definitely a tune to drive sensibly and consistently, as opposed to a hoon going for the fastest lap of a race.

Apricot Hill
Best Lap – 1.24.239
This car does demonstrate more understeer here. It is quick as long as you hit your apexes at the right speed. A few MPH over this and the outside tyres will smoke and eat themselves, which although looks very cool and feels satisfying, it does cost a lot of time. This car needs relies on good throttle inputs to reach its maximum potential around here and if you have fat fingers, I hope that your wallet is fat too because those tyres will need replacing quicker than Jeremy Clarkson's SLS AMG car when he drove around the Virginia International Raceway.

In summary.
One tune which has been thoroughly tested. It is fun and it is good but it seems to be lacking something which I cant put my finger on right now. Hopefully when I have tested Version II of this car, it will become apparent to me. I will work on this tune in a day or two to see what i make of it.

I will say that the transmission on this car is great and controls the wheel spin really well, but you do need to be uber precise with the throttle to really own this car.

I chose the 4 tracks that I tested for a reason, Ascari is just a great tuning ground as it has just about everything you will find on other tracks.
Midfield, well, it's fast and has just enough elevation changes and bumps to keep it challenging. I get lost here if I spend too much time as I won't want to leave.
Monza seemed a natural choice, tests the brakes as well as high speed stability.
Apricot Hill because I wanted something different. Understeer will really show up here, and the high speed sweepers seem different somehow. Likely the one track of the four where this tune needs lots of adjustments. Similar to what I would expect at Madrid.
First tested on Supercar Festival Race 1 - Silverstone to see how it handled with actual competition and mobile chicanes.

An easy win even at 550PP. The FXX put up a fight on the straights but this car was good enough for a win even with the power deficit.

Breakdown of the car for the race test of this car.

Turn in. Consistent, confident and enough over steer to nullify the understeer that plagues most 4wd cars. It was nearly neutral on handling but I did find on slow corners that the understeer required some feathering of the throttle but a great improvement on the stock version of this car. Corner exit was flawless and confidence inspiring, it went where it was pointed and acceleration was awesome. Hitting the apexes was very easy in this tune.

Transmission. The transmission worked really well with this car, very little wheel spin and lots of grip to play with. No issues here.

Brakes. I found that they could pull if you were braking into some corners but this is minor and was easily rectified with some more throttle blipping to straighten the car up mid corner.

Handling. Second to none. Very good and inspired a lot of confidence. It was safe to drive but not too safe so you felt that you were in control of the car and not the other way around. Good job in this area.

Now for the test as per Bowtie regs :)

Midfield
Best lap - 1.11.527
You need to be hitting the braking points at precisely the right place to get the consistent line through some corners here. Miss it by a inch and you get the know what kitty litter feels like :) When you do consistent laps, it feels good though. The transmission as tune worked well on this track. Nearly perfect.

Ascari
Best lap – 2.13.576
This track is sort of suited to this tune but it does suffer from oversteer issues and instability if you run a wheel on the grass for a split second. It can be quick if you feather the throttle in some places and it does allow full throttle through some of the faster corners but it can get a little squirrelly under braking so you have to be careful of that from time to time. It does work here but you have to be semi-pro driving level or above to really get the quick lap times around here.

Monza
Best Lap – 1.52.957
This car works well around here if you are just cruising it and in a rhythm with the car. It is graceful and can achieve a good lap time easily but once you start trying to hot lap this car and knock 2-3 seconds of your best lap (which is theoretically possible), it will start going past the limits of the tune which can make this car a little difficult to drive. Definitely a tune to drive sensibly and consistently, as opposed to a hoon going for the fastest lap of a race.

Apricot Hill
Best Lap – 1.24.239
This car does demonstrate more understeer here. It is quick as long as you hit your apexes at the right speed. A few MPH over this and the outside tyres will smoke and eat themselves, which although looks very cool and feels satisfying, it does cost a lot of time. This car needs relies on good throttle inputs to reach its maximum potential around here and if you have fat fingers, I hope that your wallet is fat too because those tyres will need replacing quicker than Jeremy Clarkson's SLS AMG car when he drove around the Virginia International Raceway.

In summary.
One tune which has been thoroughly tested. It is fun and it is good but it seems to be lacking something which I cant put my finger on right now. Hopefully when I have tested Version II of this car, it will become apparent to me. I will work on this tune in a day or two to see what i make of it.

I will say that the transmission on this car is great and controls the wheel spin really well, but you do need to be uber precise with the throttle to really own this car.
Great review, cannot wait until you try the other. May not be the best work I've done, or the best Lambo out there, but I think it's a huge improvement over stock;)
This is my best laps with Reverton version 1 and version 2. I use DS3 with auto trasmission, Sport Soft, TCS 0 and ABS 1.
This is a good car, thanks Bowtie!!!

View attachment 458195 View attachment 458198
That's nicely done, and your times are close to my own. I see each tune was faster at 2 tracks and is what I was hoping to see. My thinking is, the track choice would dictate which would do better but I needed input from others to confirm.

Thank you both for the feedback:tup::D

It seems that I am within reaches of you two on three of the tracks. However, I am nearly 7 seconds slower around Ascari?? This is embarrassing.. I should probably go and hide somewhere for a while whilst I re-find my dignity and pride, I think I just lost it. :)
Nah, spend ALOT more time there and you will find a few corners where you can really make time. Turn 1 can be huge, or red lapped

Finally got on to double check the rear ride height, it's supposed to be 80. Tunes have been edited.

This made a huge difference in handling and it's much improved. I have taken it for a few laps around trial mountain and the version 2 car is about 6 tenths faster at 1:30.6 vs 1:31.3. It has much better high speed stability and runs a better line everywhere except for the uphill SSes after the banked corner at the end of the straight. Version 1 had the advantage here, but struggled elsewhere that version 2 would glide through. I have also taken version 2 on a few custom tracks and it really is a very good car. As long as you get your braking points down, it's a really fun ride.

PS: Edited my earlier comments about this car.

This made a huge difference in handling and it's much improved. I have taken it for a few laps around trial mountain and the version 2 car is about 6 tenths faster at 1:30.6 vs 1:31.3. It has much better high speed stability and runs a better line everywhere except for the uphill SSes after the banked corner at the end of the straight. Version 1 had the advantage here, but struggled elsewhere that version 2 would glide through. I have also taken version 2 on a few custom tracks and it really is a very good car. As long as you get your braking points down, it's a really fun ride.

PS: Edited my earlier comments about this car.
Thanks for retesting, rear ride height at 5 higher than the front helped calm the rear down. At 10 however, caused too much understeer and lack of rotation. I apologize for the typo.

21585771553_201110a72a_c.jpg[

FT-86 Concept '09

Paint: GT Polarized 005-P
Rims: Stock

PP: 500
HP: 334
WEIGHT: 885
WEIGHT DIST: 51:49
TIRE(S): Sports:Hard

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No

RIDE HEIGHT - 100 / 100
SPRINGS - 4.25 / 7.00
COMP - 4 / 7
EXT - 8 / 5
ARB - 4 / 2
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.08 / 0.14
BRAKES - 4 / 5

FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 112
1ST - 4.550
2ND - 2.850
3RD - 2.150
4TH - 1.725
5TH - 1.430
6TH - 1.225
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.600

INITIAL - 8
ACCEL - 11
DECEL - 16

CARBON SHAFT: Installed

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage 3
COMPUTER - Sports
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Isometric
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports
INTAKE TUNING - Tuned
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - N/A
POWER LIMITER - 100%

CARBON HOOD - Standard

BALLAST - 5kg @ 0
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE: I can run 1:51.5, average 1:51.6-9 @ R246.
Testers: if using M/T, keep in 4th gear for the long right sweeper, 3rd gear (if you can keep enough speed up) for the final corner. Slick and slippery, but fast if you can hold the line (and counter steer just a little).
Good luck!

Last edited:
22092372939_4b044488b4_c.jpg

"The Reventon Experiment"
As stated, I will now reveal lap times from earlier tests and update with new info and lap times. The Cherry Black (with camber) will be referred to as "tune B" and the orange Arancio Argos (no camber) will be referred to as "tune A".
First track was Ascari with tune B up first, and posted a good lap, then it was off to Midfield; this was then repeated by tune A. Tune A then did both, Monza and Apricot Hill, which was followed by Tune B.I have logged many laps at each of these tracks, with Monza being the least so I felt this was a good test. The results are as follows:
Ascari -
Tune A - 2:06.989
Tune B - 2:07.687 (-0.698)

Midfield -
Tune A - 1:11.024
Tune B - 1;11.330 (-0.306)

Monza -
Tune A - 1:51.193
Tune B - 1:51.468 (-0.275)

Apricot Hill -
Tune A - 1:22.723
Tune B - 1:23.028 (-0.305)

In all, Tune A was faster, but I did feel as though Tune B was better at both Monza and Midfield and had I run more laps would have ended up faster. In my opinion, neither was particularly really good at Apricot Hill and I would not be taking this tune back any time soon.

Then comes the update and the new course maker, and like many others, I spent a load of time playing with it. Tried a few tracks built by others and even to create some of my own. Built 2 at Eifel, one of which I have redone and feel is much better. Then built 2 at Eifel Flat, which takes on the idea of Ascari, not a race course but more of a testing ground with many different and challenging corners, 25 in all on the shorter and faster version. These are called Bowling Green Test Track which is longer and lacks a really long straight but is good for suspension setup; the other is Bowling Green Raceway with an altered end section which is faster. the overall length is almost half a mile shorter. So I went to the shorter version after 2 minor changes to the Cherry Black (camber - Tune B). These changes were, brakes from 5 / 7 to 6 / 7, and lowering the front camber from 1.2 to 0.8. I then ran 7 laps with this tune and had a best of 2:08.189, and although I'm still learning a few corners felt this was pretty good time and only minimal gains to be had. This was followed by Tune A getting 4.5 laps, was only going to do 5 and messed up an entry on lap 5 and called it a test. It however, ran a best of 2:07.578 (+0.611) and I began to think it was from more track time. Back into Tune B and a few more laps, but a better time was not achieved.
So for reference:
Bowling Green Raceway -
Tune A - 2:07.578
Tune B - 2:08.189 (-0.611)

Next test, another custom track, this one a wide and fast track with 18 turns. Really liking this one although I need to go back and edit some of the scenery. Spent many laps getting used to this one using a C5R on RH and felt comfortable with my knowledge of the corners. Up first was Tune A and 8 laps to ensure a good test, feeling the first 3 were for learning and then 5 good laps. It finished with a best of 1:35.479. Switched into Tune B and ran a 5 lap test, surprisingly, a best lap of 1:35.983!!!! First test it was faster, and it was better and more consistent as well. Just as Midfield and Monza tests although this time with a better lap time.
Reference:
Tune A - 1:35.983
Tune B - 1:35.479 (+0.504)

And now for the final test, Silverstone International at the Supercar Festival. An event I use often to farm credits and compare tunes, knowing what a generally good lap time is there for me according to pp level. Felt running two races each with the same competition would be a good test. Up first was tune B, the AI would mean only lap 3 would be clean and clear, best after race 1 - 1:05.779, race 2 - 1:05.693. Switched to tune A which felt better and got more top speed done the long straight, but lap time suffered and first 2 races had bad entry into turn 3 causing increased time. Best lap was 1:06.539 between the 2 races. Ran a third looking for a good lap 3 comparison and finally got a clean run, best lap this time was 1:05.798 (+0.105). Both tunes really close with their own strengths and weaknesses.
Silverstone International:
Tune A - 1:05.798
Tune B - 1:05.693 (+0.105)
Another result favoring tune B.

In conclusion, it would seem track choice depended upon which was better, although I actually prefer tune B (with camber) as it was generally more consistent overall.

Hope you enjoyed and would love to hear more feedback.

FITT FT-86 Concept Tuning Challenge reviews:

By @Lionheart2113 :

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time - 1:51.239
DC Score - 9.0
Review:
A solid, no fuss tune. As stable as you like with very few handling issues. I think this would be one of those tunes you can take to any track and be very competitive. The only thing I found was that the gearing hurt me a little on corner exit. Once again, great job!

Recommendation:
I'll admit, I wanted to get the back end of the car to be a little more exciting. This adjustment is strictly for me so I raised the Rear ARB to 6. I dropped 4 tenths off my lap time.

By @shaunm80 :

@Bowtie-muscle
Best Lap Time: 1.53.185
DC: 9.7
Impressions of the tune:
At the time of testing, this was one of the most neutral feeling tunes I had driven. The rear rotation was spot on, front end grip was very good but for me, needed a tiny bit of looseness through the fast-flowing section at the back of the R246 track. Transmission worked really well and LSD settings were great at controlling the wheel spin out of the slow corners. A great tune and one that I really enjoyed testing. Well done.

By @biffa3 :

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap time - 1:51:991
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune
Struggled to settle into this one. Stable under braking but found it hard to get on the power out of 1st and last turns. Amount of barrier collisions also hints at some understeer.

By @Wydopen :

@Bowtie-muscle
1:51.885 DC score: 8.8

Just what I expected from this FITT veteran. A great stable car. I was immediately comfortable in it and able to run consistent lap times. The only place I had any problems with it was at the top of the hill. It seemed a little loose when unloaded. Could have just been me though. A little bit of corner exit understeer and the weaker brakes hurt times, but were easily manageable. This is a tough crowd and you have a great car, just not the fastest. Good job sir.

By @TheInfamousJEW6 :

@Bowtie-muscle
Laptime: 1:52.408
DC: 8.7
Comments: Don't touch the rumble strips!! Other than that this tune was stable and fast! It was very easy to drive consistently. It was in the low 1:53's and 1:52's except for 2 laps when I got over aggressive and found myself staring at a barrier... Great tune Bowtie!

By @DolHaus :

@Bowtie-muscle
1:50.831
DC: 9

• Very well balanced
  • Slight understeer at the limit
  • Lures you into getting back on the throttle a little too early resulting in oversteer
  • Holds line really well on long corners
  • Bit slow on the straight

Last edited:
22482561660_b6368915e6_c.jpg

Evora '09

Paint: Inferno Orange Metallic
Rims: Ray's 57Xtreme inch +1

PP: 550
HP: 477
WEIGHT: 1148kg
WEIGHT DIST: 43:57
TIRE(S): Sports:Soft

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Front Aero - Type A
Wing - Custom Wing - A-C-F, Hgt+0, Wdt+0
Flat Floor - No
Other - Inferno Orange Calipers

RIDE HEIGHT - 95 / 105
SPRINGS - 5.50 / 12.00
COMP - 5 / 7
EXT - 7 / 6
ARB - 4 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.20 / 0.25
BRAKES - 5 / 6

FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 112
1ST - 4.000
2ND - 2.525
3RD - 1.905
4TH - 1.530
5TH - 1.265
6TH - 1.080
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.200

INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 12
DECEL - 25

CARBON SHAFT: Standard
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: n/a

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage 3
COMPUTER - Sports
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Isometric
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - NO
POWER LIMITER - 100%

CARBON HOOD - Body Color

BALLAST - 60kg @ -35
DOWNFORCE - 0 / 20

NOTE: Not as happy with it as I was with the 500pp version, but not bad. It's got a feisty attitude, be gentle and it will reward you.

Last edited:
"The Reventon Experiment"
So I recently was asked asked for help with tuning 4wd Lambos, and I gave some starter settings for suspension. But felt that LSD and Torque centering Diff were important to get set first. So with some help from @dws3124 , we came up with a pretty good setup for the Reventon but not totally complete. The starter setting were something like:

RIDE HEIGHT - 75 / 75
SPRINGS - 8.00 / 15.00
COMP - 5 / 5
EXT - 5 / 5
ARB - 4 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.10 / 0.10
BRAKES - 5 / 5

And then we worked from there, having never touched this car yet, it was hard to get a feel for what it needed until I tried it for myself. Not an easy car to tune but not super difficult either. But camber never came up. So when we were finished and he was satisfied with it (did the trans himself), I went back to the tune and the starter settings. Added camber, since I liked where ballast, LSD and Center Diff were, and tried to finish it off. I then went back and finished off the original tune and compared the two. The only real difference is the suspension, all else is the same. Even the rims which I would have preferred to change with the paint but for the purpose of comparison left alone.

I took both cars to four tracks, Midfield, Ascari, Monza and Apricot Hill. I did tune "A" at Midfield (6 laps) and Ascari (4 laps), then ran tune "B" under the same conditions. The following day, I did tune "B" at Monza and Apricot Hill, then repeated with tune "A". Giving each the opportunity to go first and doing the same number of laps.One tune was slightly faster at all four tracks; .306 at Midfield, .305 at Apricot Hill, .275 at Monza and .685 art Ascari. Will not say which was faster, but the other should have been faster at Midfield and Monza but I messed up trying to hard. Each went up against it's own ghost so no advantage was given to either.

So what I am asking/looking for is for others to try both out on any two (or more) tracks under the same guidelines (amount of laps can be higher of course) and to give there opinion. Tell me which is better, which is faster at a given track. I will reveal which was faster for me later. So if you have time and want to participate, your feedback would be appreciated.

A big thank you to @dws3124 for giving me the motivation to try this and for getting me to tune it faster than I had planned. Did have in my garage for awhile but just never got to it. Hope you enjoy!
Good day Mr Bowtie. I hope I find you well :)

Firstly let me apologise for the delay with this reply. I've been a bit of a busy boy and if I'm honest GTPlanet has been at the bottom of my priority list :guilty:. I've been using most of my playing time (which is down to about 2 hours a day when I'm lucky :() to get use to no-aids driving and do a little grinding to build up some much needed credits (gotta finish of the Ferrari collection :D). I've also recently got my grubby paws on a G27 and am currently trying to put together a decent rig for it. So before I make the switch away from the trusty DS3 and learn to drive again :dopey: I thought I'd stop by your hallowed Speed Shop and do a little testing :)

Ok, before we get to it, I have a confession to make. I only did three of them :guilty: Ascari is a track I'm not consistent enough on to do any testing for comparative purposes (When I say not consistent, I mean really bad round there :dopey:), although I have no doubt about which one would have been quicker there after running the other tracks.

Testing method: I thought your idea of running the tests at different times was a good one 👍 So I did something similar. I only ran one test per day, alternating track and car combo as I went, and ran between 20-25 laps in each test (A wasted effort apparently, my best laps all came in the first dozen :lol:) so I could be sure I'd gotten as much out of them as I could.

Unfortunately I had no way not to know which set-up I was using, as I had to go and switch the setting sheets myself :guilty: So any hopes of a blind test are out of the window :banghead: Also, I didn't have any suitable ghosts to chase so I stuck on some RS tyres and did a quick lap or two laps to get one to chase. My thinking being even an average starting lap on RS tyres should be out of reach for SS tyres to keep up with so I wouldn't be racing against it, as much as trying to keep up :crazy: I think it's a fairer way to do it than to run one version against the other :) (FYI I got to within a second on 2 of them :eek:, ok, not really quick laps then RS laps :lol:) The ghost laps were set in whichever car I took to the track first 👍

Here are the fastest times I recorded.

Fastest Lap times:

MidField

Without camber - 1:11.545 day 1

With camber - 1:11.342 day 4 (0,203 faster)

Monza
Without camber - 1:,51.535 - Day 5

With camber - 1:51.208 - Day 2 (0.327 faster)

Apricot Hill
Without camber - 1.22.862 - Day 3 (0,205 faster)

With camber - 1:23.067 - Day 6

As you can see I went a little quicker in two of them with camber (Mid-Field and Monza) and one without at Apricot Hill (I'm sure that Ascari would have made it a wash ;)) much like others have, the elevation/camber changes on a couple of the corners at Apricot Hill, showed up some understeer issues for me that I'm sure would have been the same at Ascari.
So as far as whether one was faster than the other goes, I guess we have to concede that it's pretty much track dependant as far as this experiment goes, and driver dependant too, to a certain extent. But then that's not all that surprising :)

I'm pretty sure it won't come as a surprise to too many people if I say I preferred the second car, you know, the one that uses all the tuning options :P It was just way more consistent a performer for me over these tests (and a few 575-600pp RS on-line races ;)) I find it a bit more stable and predictable and for the most part much better anywhere I come across a lot of corners, funny that :sly: But it does have a few minor issues if I'm honest. It comes out second in just about every slow corner/hairpin especially after hard braking zones, but coming back out of them is just awesome :D I loved the way it blew out of the hairpin at Apricot Hill when I got the braking right going in 👍

I was going to make a couple of suggestions to try to see if they helped :odd: but if you don't mind, I'll leave these for now :nervous:. I saw that you had made a few already and I've not yet had the chance to try these out, so I'll wait and see what's what with those first 👍

Other than that, thanks for running this experiment :). There are still some unanswered questions with camber and I think that this is a good opportunity to try and answer at least some of them 👍 I think adding in the camber at an earlier stage is a much better way to go about it than the way I've seen most tests run so far (no offence to anyone who's run these, I've done it myself :guilty:), to do a side-by-side comparison which highlights the differences between the two set-ups to try and achieve a similar performance, will help to shed a little light on the subject. And if nothing else, now I have another AWD Lambo with 2 great tunes :D Great work on this car dude...twice 👍👍

I shall return after I've had a go with those changes and see how they play out, might be a few days/a week or so :cheers:

Good day Mr Bowtie. I hope I find you well :)

Firstly let me apologise for the delay with this reply. I've been a bit of a busy boy and if I'm honest GTPlanet has been at the bottom of my priority list :guilty:. I've been using most of my playing time (which is down to about 2 hours a day when I'm lucky :() to get use to no-aids driving and do a little grinding to build up some much needed credits (gotta finish of the Ferrari collection :D). I've also recently got my grubby paws on a G27 and am currently trying to put together a decent rig for it. So before I make the switch away from the trusty DS3 and learn to drive again :dopey: I thought I'd stop by your hallowed Speed Shop and do a little testing :)

Ok, before we get to it, I have a confession to make. I only did three of them :guilty: Ascari is a track I'm not consistent enough on to do any testing for comparative purposes (When I say not consistent, I mean really bad round there :dopey:), although I have no doubt about which one would have been quicker there after running the other tracks.

Testing method: I thought your idea of running the tests at different times was a good one 👍 So I did something similar. I only ran one test per day, alternating track and car combo as I went, and ran between 20-25 laps in each test (A wasted effort apparently, my best laps all came in the first dozen :lol:) so I could be sure I'd gotten as much out of them as I could.

Unfortunately I had no way not to know which set-up I was using, as I had to go and switch the setting sheets myself :guilty: So any hopes of a blind test are out of the window :banghead: Also, I didn't have any suitable ghosts to chase so I stuck on some RS tyres and did a quick lap or two laps to get one to chase. My thinking being even an average starting lap on RS tyres should be out of reach for SS tyres to keep up with so I wouldn't be racing against it, as much as trying to keep up :crazy: I think it's a fairer way to do it than to run one version against the other :) (FYI I got to within a second on 2 of them :eek:, ok, not really quick laps then RS laps :lol:) The ghost laps were set in whichever car I took to the track first 👍

Here are the fastest times I recorded.

Fastest Lap times:

MidField

Without camber - 1:11.545 day 1

With camber - 1:11.342 day 4 (0,203 faster)

Monza
Without camber - 1:,51.535 - Day 5

With camber - 1:51.208 - Day 2 (0.327 faster)

Apricot Hill
Without camber - 1.22.862 - Day 3 (0,205 faster)

With camber - 1:23.067 - Day 6

As you can see I went a little quicker in two of them with camber (Mid-Field and Monza) and one without at Apricot Hill (I'm sure that Ascari would have made it a wash ;)) much like others have, the elevation/camber changes on a couple of the corners at Apricot Hill, showed up some understeer issues for me that I'm sure would have been the same at Ascari.
So as far as whether one was faster than the other goes, I guess we have to concede that it's pretty much track dependant as far as this experiment goes, and driver dependant too, to a certain extent. But then that's not all that surprising :)

I'm pretty sure it won't come as a surprise to too many people if I say I preferred the second car, you know, the one that uses all the tuning options :P It was just way more consistent a performer for me over these tests (and a few 575-600pp RS on-line races ;)) I find it a bit more stable and predictable and for the most part much better anywhere I come across a lot of corners, funny that :sly: But it does have a few minor issues if I'm honest. It comes out second in just about every slow corner/hairpin especially after hard braking zones, but coming back out of them is just awesome :D I loved the way it blew out of the hairpin at Apricot Hill when I got the braking right going in 👍

I was going to make a couple of suggestions to try to see if they helped :odd: but if you don't mind, I'll leave these for now :nervous:. I saw that you had made a few already and I've not yet had the chance to try these out, so I'll wait and see what's what with those first 👍

Other than that, thanks for running this experiment :). There are still some unanswered questions with camber and I think that this is a good opportunity to try and answer at least some of them 👍 I think adding in the camber at an earlier stage is a much better way to go about it than the way I've seen most tests run so far (no offence to anyone who's run these, I've done it myself :guilty:), to do a side-by-side comparison which highlights the differences between the two set-ups to try and achieve a similar performance, will help to shed a little light on the subject. And if nothing else, now I have another AWD Lambo with 2 great tunes :D Great work on this car dude...twice 👍👍

I shall return after I've had a go with those changes and see how they play out, might be a few days/a week or so :cheers:
I thank you kind Sir, for your time and effort. And also for your kind words about the tunes. I must admit, two tunes, similar yet different, being equally as fast in most cases is an eye opener. When you consider that one has camber (widely considered to be broke), and one does not. Yet the one with can be better at certain tracks, means it can be useful depending on car and track choice. I hope you enjoyed driving them as much as I did, and hope that new wheel gets broken in soon. Congrats on that. I have Too many pressing needs for a wheel myself, but hope it does you well.👍

Many are finding less time to play lately, myself included. I have a whole bunch of tunes to get around to post, and not enough time to do so. I'm also currently working on another (large) project. It shall make my Ford vs. Chevy look small. It is taking it most of my time, along with Car of the Month, and I think I'm only a little more than half way through. So if you are getting 2 hours a day, I again say congrats. Some days I don't even get on.:dunce:

If you could retry the camber tune, it's only minor changes but I think they help improve the tune. I would of course appreciate the feedback.:D

I thank you kind Sir, for your time and effort. And also for your kind words about the tunes. I must admit, two tunes, similar yet different, being equally as fast in most cases is an eye opener. When you consider that one has camber (widely considered to be broke), and one does not. Yet the one with can be better at certain tracks, means it can be useful depending on car and track choice. I hope you enjoyed driving them as much as I did, and hope that new wheel gets broken in soon. Congrats on that. I have Too many pressing needs for a wheel myself, but hope it does you well.👍
You are most welcome, it was my pleasure 👍 I certainly did enjoy driving them both (well as much as you can enjoy a AWD Lambo :lol:) and I have to say very pleasantly surprised by it (them). I tried the car way back and found it was probably the most savage of this new breed of raging bulls :eek: Not any more :) And what a cool tacho :cool:, you don't get the credit for that though :P

I did find the camber-less one a little more intuitive at first but I felt I had to be a bit more careful in choosing which kerbs to attack :mischievous:. I was surprised it came off second best at Monza though, but it saved itself a bit of embarrassment In the loop at Apricot Hill (That was epic fun :D) and another with it's dealing with that nasty lower tunnel turns on Midfield. The side by side comparison there was very interesting actually, Car A had lead in t1 by mere thousandths but lost around 0.6 in t2, Car B got the run out of the high speed kink and was absolutely flawless through the top tunnel and downhill loop 👍 I just couldn't get through that bottom turn well enough with the extra speed I was carrying down the hill with it :( Car A took the final section hands down, better at the bottom of the hill and a little better over the crest on the way out of the last turn :) just couldn't quite make up that amount of time by then.

I do think that the two of them being so closely matched over the various tracks is a bit of an eye opener myself. Personally speaking, for a driver/player of my skill level anything within half a second over a 1:30 lap is an acceptable margin of error :dopey:, so these two are pretty close :) especially going by how different the tracks and how minimal the differences between the 2 are out-with the camber. Not bad at all for a broken setting if you ask me :sly:

I went and tried just adding some camber to the original posted settings to see what the differences were and for me it did what it said on the tin :). I did end up with something a little different from what you did on both ends...but not by all that much at all 👍 In fact, I ended up with 0.8 on the front when I tried it, I noticed that was one of your changes :odd: You got one of those crystal balls too!? :lol: If you think that change is minor, wait until you see what rear setting I ended up with :mischievous: If I find it helps any after the other changes you made for the final version that is :nervous:

Many are finding less time to play lately, myself included. I have a whole bunch of tunes to get around to post, and not enough time to do so. I'm also currently working on another (large) project. It shall make my Ford vs. Chevy look small. It is taking it most of my time, along with Car of the Month, and I think I'm only a little more than half way through. So if you are getting 2 hours a day, I again say congrats. Some days I don't even get on.:dunce:
That's what I meant by lucky :lol: I've lost count of how often I've had to wait a few days to get my full bonus back :( But I know what you mean, it's just about to get to the silly season too, so it's probably going to get harder. But then again, the weather outside might end up frightful and keep us all cooped up indoors with nothing better to do :lol:

Good luck with your big project, I'll keep an eye open for it 👍 I may even pop round to the CotM too if I get a chance. I've got a soft spot for the Evora and it's been on my list for some much needed attention to use with some road legal rubber :rolleyes: :lol:. It is a bit of a temperamental one, but still a nice machine :) I'll see if I can manage a review or two too. Although I have a couple of other garages on my hit list at the moment I've been meaning to stop by and harass for a while now :mischievous:. I'll link the appropriate review to the correct CotM from a few months ago too when I get to it :embarrassed: (No clues being given but your safe for now :D) and various other things that need caught up on around here too.

I'll pop back after I try those minor tweaks. Have a good one :cheers:

Judging by what you guys are saying about camber, it largely depends on what car, what track, what corner & how much you use as to wether it works or not.
Is that what you guys believe or am I missing the target?

Judging by what you guys are saying about camber, it largely depends on what car, what track, what corner & how much you use as to wether it works or not.
Sort of, yes. I have found some camber helps, especially on the rear of rear heavy cars. Those with rear engine. Your Evora with rear camber felt better at Bathurst, but on smoother/flatter tracks it's even more notable. Just my opinion of course. Recently drive a '13 Viper GTS from my garage with camber, left it and took to Indy Road Course and it worked very well. Is an old tune from after the 1.09 update, most other Viper I have do not. But take the same tune to Trial Mountain and the camber seems to hurt. Still figuring out the programming, but it can be useful if used within reason. Not so sure big numbers help.

15974647183_fd243053b0_z.jpg

INTEGRA Type R (DC5) '04
Paint: Chapionship White
Rims: OZ Ultraleggera +1 - Championship White
Calipers: Monza Red

PP: 450
HP: 255
WEIGHT: 1050kg
WEIGHT DIST: 56:44
TIRE(S): Sports Hard

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Front Aero - Type A
Wing -
Flat Floor -
Other -

SUSPENSION: Full Custom
RIDE HEIGHT - 100 / 90
SPRINGS - 6.50 / 5.50
COMP - 3 / 6
EXT - 9 / 4
ARB - 3 / 2
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.2
TOE - -0.10 / -0.15
BRAKES: Racing
BRAKES - 3 / 7

FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 112
1ST - 3.150
2ND - 2.080
3RD - 1.625
4TH - 1.335
5TH - 1.130
6TH - 0.975
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 4.300

INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 18
DECEL - 6

CARBON SHAFT:
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: n/a

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - isometric
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - normal
POWER LIMITER - 99.7%

CARBON HOOD - Body Color

BALLAST - 62kg @ +45
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE:
Tried this tune and it has 472pp?

Thanks for trying, will have to check the numbers when I can. Did you change the Oil? That will raise it as it should not have it changed. And did you add the ballast. Otherwise I have a typo somewhere. Should be 450pp.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I got the ballast weight and no oil change. I triple checked the mods and still not matching up :/

G'day Pete mate :). Yeah, that sounds like a good answer, I'll take it :D :lol:
But, no that's not quite where I'm aiming ;)

I've spent a long time investigating this and what I've found time and again is that it just works. It makes little difference what car, track, corner or even who's driving, although those are all factors in determining how much you can/should use :) But for me, I find it has a predictable, repeatable effect and to say it only works on this Car and not the next or this track is not really accurate. But I didn't come here to preach my belief, that's mine alone :). I would suggest only that anyone interested in what effect camber actually has in GT6, goes back and has a look at the original settings that were posted of the Reventon (before any of Mr Bowtie's changes) and see for yourself what happens when the camber is added.

Anyway back to the experiment :)
Mr Muscle :) I got a little time to try out those minor changes (Front camber to 0.8 and brakes to 6/7) but I only had enough time to get one track tested :guilty:
I started at Midfield and ran 20 laps with the changes. I felt the front camber was better here, there was lss rotation from the front which made for a bit more of a stable run, but despite my best efforts I couldn't improve on the times from before. The fastest lap I managed was 1:11.599 on Lap 16.If you don't mind me saying so :odd: I think you went the wrong way with the brakes :scared: (I'd rather PM my findings when I tested these later on :))

I made a couple of changes that I thought may help an did a quick test with them, posting a 1:11.107 on my 3rd lap. I left it there, but believe with a better 1st corner and not taking the lower tunnel turn as safely as I did on that lap, it could dip into the 1:10s

I'll try and get to the rest of the tracks over the next day or 2 to see how they go there. :cheers:

Edit: Ok, done now.Smartphone my eye :P

PS, forgot changed brakes to 5/8 and rear camber to 1.9 (still with 0.8 on front 👍)

Last edited:
I wanted to pop in and check something on your 550pp CotM Evora and noticed you have it spec'd at 500pp. I thought that was odd, so I checked your catalog and it's listed as 550pp, but it isn't linked yet. I thought you might like to know :) .

I wanted to pop in and check something on your 550pp CotM Evora and noticed you have it spec'd at 500pp. I thought that was odd, so I checked your catalog and it's listed as 550pp, but it isn't linked yet. I thought you might like to know :) .
I actually just added them to the catalog this morning, don't like linking from phone so they Will get linked later. Thanks for noticing though 👍

Back