Bronze Dragon Tuning; Closed indefinitely.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 441 comments
PS3 number 3 has been acquired. No drive noise on this one so it works perfectly. But I have to redo gt6 again :banghead: maybe this time I can do start and forget it. I'll see tonight after kiddos bedtime.

Well set it and forget it didn't work and when I checked the system the store gave me the wrong unit as replacement. I returned a 500 gig and got a 230 back. Now I need to call and talk to them and see about getting A the money back on the price diff for the units or B returning the unit and getting the correct one and reinstalling everything again. Or just returning it and ordering one online and getting the super duper package upgrade.

Well set it and forget it didn't work and when I checked the system the store gave me the wrong unit as replacement. I returned a 500 gig and got a 230 back. Now I need to call and talk to them and see about getting A the money back on the price diff for the units or B returning the unit and getting the correct one and reinstalling everything again. Or just returning it and ordering one online and getting the super duper package upgrade.
It sounds like your in need of a new PS3 machine that will be a clean slate for you to start with. You pay for what you get in this world so you might as well get the best. :)

It sounds like your in need of a new PS3 machine that will be a clean slate for you to start with. You pay for what you get in this world so you might as well get the best. :)

Bro save your money and buy a PS4.
If the ps4 was backwards compatible we would go for it but all the games we have and like are PS3 and we don't have the funds to also buy a bunch of games too

Is it a new unit this time? or do you mean that you will get three units to take home to test out?
New PS3's cost 250-300 so this a refurb again. The problem with refurbished is often the stress testing can't be done to find out if it's just a format and box it or tear it down and clean/repair it trade in so have to be willing to return multiple units to get one that's working correctly

New PS3's cost 250-300 so this a refurb again. The problem with refurbished is often the stress testing can't be done to find out if it's just a format and box it or tear it down and clean/repair it trade in so have to be willing to return multiple units to get one that's working correctly
Taking into account the exchange rate between the US & Aussie $, I find that's a lot of $ for a refurb :eek:We can get brand new 500Gb here for under $250.
I just hope the next one you plug in at home is the answer to all your problems.

Taking into account the exchange rate between the US & Aussie $, I find that's a lot of $ for a refurb :eek:We can get brand new 500Gb here for under $250.
I just hope the next one you plug in at home is the answer to all your problems.
So can we $249.99 :lol:
Refurbished run $179.99 for a 500gig.
Due to having two consecutive failures the store gave me another controller(Pre-owned) and a $20 bucks off a pre-owned game 👍
So got the last Ratchet and Clank. Into the Nexus.

Update on "new PS3" it downloaded everything but is hanging up on final install gonna try again tonight if it hangs gonna do the 6 at a time method. That should work it's just annoying cause I can't set it and forget it.

set it and forget it didn't work so doing the 6 at a time method. it worked on the first unit. prolly would have worked on the second. so it should work on the third unit. After this I'm finding a way to backup the data. 36 hours of install time is brutal.

Title says it all GT6 is finally installed fully save file loaded and confirmed to be intact. So I am back in the game.
I thought I was going up have near zero playtime starting tomorrow but looks like I will have plenty.
Tunes will start back in slowly have some catching up to do
That's awesome news my friend. Really happy for you :) 👍

I wish I had more free time to get back to testing... Me sad now!!! :(
Free time is never free :lol: cause you generally have to put something else off :odd:
If you haven't yet and get a chance take the M3 GTR for a spin and the Huraya that I will be posting later they are some great cars.

I know man. Let me get on my feet in game and we'll have to tear up Trial Mountain again. The new physics are getting to me but as soon as I can I am recreating my old Lotus and the DTM Merc.

Last edited:
Back