<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
Yeah sure, still gonna be driving a Peugeot? Since you haven't raced yet you're still allowed to switch if there's room. đź‘Ť

I'll get back to you later on today about the car! I'm siding towards the Volvo at the moment as it's closest to what I already have experience with (06' Focus ST).

if its still there and madbean decides, i think we'll stick with the nissan. its a great car. but lets wait until PD have finished everything, because the game could be changed completely

Yeah there's just no way I'm going to make it to the one-make race and probably not this either. I can barely use my computer and the playstation won't even connect to th internet.
SO you want me o drive is that right roolo?

I'll get back to you later on today about the car! I'm siding towards the Volvo at the moment as it's closest to what I already have experience with (06' Focus ST).
Oddly enough I don't recommend the Volvo, it's a pig to drive, it doesn't do corners at all, it constantly pushes wide mi-corner and on corner exit. Total lack of front end grip.

I ended up with the Volvo thanks to Canyondrifter. He chose the car early on while I had no internet, so I didn't drive the car in anger until 2 days before the first race. Canyon decided to switch to the VW at the last moment as he thought that the Volvo was "a pile of poo". I didn't want to change cars so close to the season start, so I stuck with it and thankfully with a lot of tuning and good fortune I'm doing well. I'm expecting to suffer at Autumn Ring and both Brands Hatch rounds though.

I still can't dial out the understeer though. I've improved it, but I can't find the levels of grip that I get with the other cars.

I'm not the only one that doesn't like the Volvo.

It'll remind me of the Focus then! :lol:
Nah, in all seriousness - might stay with the Peugeot for this Season. The car HSR will be using for BTCC-8 is soon to be announced also! đź‘Ť

It'll remind me of the Focus then! :lol:
Nah, in all seriousness - might stay with the Peugeot for this Season. The car HSR will be using for BTCC-8 is soon to be announced also! đź‘Ť

WTF? There hasn't been a car list announced for BTCC-8. :dunce:

The Peugeot is possibly the best handling FF. It just needs a 6th gear.

HSR can see into the future , lol

Hurry up and come back to civilization teammate . Ill try to get us some decent team pts by myself this week .

WTF? There hasn't been a car list announced for BTCC-8. :dunce:

The Peugeot is possibly the best handling FF. It just needs a 6th gear.

I don't know the car list exactly. But what I do know is that there's a good chance that the car in question will most likely be returning next Season! :P

HSR News Announcement - Humberside Racing have purchased a crystal ball and will be using it to predict the future outcome of all BTCC events, along with their new employee.....Mystic Meg.

For some reason, Mystic Meg is screaming at me that my TOCA-11 Renault Megane will be Yellow and Blue! đź’ˇ
I see someone loosing their job very soon...

Not doing very well at Autumn Ring. I previously managed a 1:22.8xx, but tonight I couldn't get under 23.021 and that was after nearly 2 hours of trying. :( Not a happy bunny today.

SO you want me o drive is that right roolo?

There will be space for you yes, and there has been these past couple of weeks đź‘Ť

Oddly enough I don't recommend the Volvo, it's a pig to drive, it doesn't do corners at all, it constantly pushes wide mi-corner and on corner exit. Total lack of front end grip.

If I'm honest, I wouldn't either.

Just about had enough of this flaming car, I can't get a 1:22 to save my life. Almost 3 hours of testing and tweaking and my best is a 23.021, god only knows what the tyre wear is like compared to the FR's. It's a joke.

Just about had enough of this flaming car, I can't get a 1:22 to save my life. Almost 3 hours of testing and tweaking and my best is a 23.021, god only knows what the tyre wear is like compared to the FR's. It's a joke.

Just think, drop scores. This round doesn't need to count, and you'll still be locked-in after this week. đź‘Ť

Just think, drop scores. This round doesn't need to count, and you'll still be locked-in after this week. đź‘Ť
Lol. It's still a steaming pile of poo.

I'm not giving up on the car, I'm just getting increasing frustrated as I know that some guys will be over a second a lap quicker and that's when I'm on new tyres.

I keep trying different tunes and then reverting back to what I used at Spa. Nothing seems too match it, which is annoyingly odd, because AR is a totally different style of track.

Well done. I think that the FR's are likely to be running low 22's, unless I get ahead of them, so there's probably a bit more time to be found somewhere.

I think that I'm loosing 2-tenths in sector 2 somehow, I've just got to figure it out. I think that I need to just calm down a bit, take my time and choose my lines better. đź‘Ť

Well done. I think that the FR's are likely to be running low 22's, unless I get ahead of them, so there's probably a bit more time to be found somewhere.

I think that I'm loosing 2-tenths in sector 2 somehow, I've just got to figure it out. I think that I need to just calm down a bit, take my time and choose my lines better. đź‘Ť

Just wait for the reversed grid race mate :mischievous:

What is your typical first sector split? I think this is where I'm sruggling, I normally come through at 28.4-28.6.

I'm finding it hard to sort out a decent setup, it sounds like the front wheels are skipping across the ground through the corners. It's not understeering much, it just seems like it isn't getting the power down, and going softer on the setup helps with the tyre noise but feels slower.

21.6?!!! 22.4 my PB atm. i'll be on for some practice if anyone wants to join
Lol. I don't think anything will better the BMW around AR. My Volvo is in the high 22's at best, so you're doing okay I guess.

Not looking forward to tomorrow one little bit.

Ran 21.7 last night should be able to get a 21.5 on a perfect lap but im happy with the 21.7

who ran the 21.6 ?

bmw is a drift machine around autumn ring best track its been on this season for sure , the balance i have is pretty amazing

Well guys it looks like my connection issues are sorted out so I should be there tomorrow. Shouldn't have any problems with lag or anything but if I do I'll be sure to get out.

Back