<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
damn! there are some guests in my house and in the room where i have my ps3,
If they don't go before 7, then im afraid I cannot compete tonight :(

No! That sucks!

Only 4 in for Q at the moment, so if we don't get 7 by 7pm, then Q will be cancelled again.. every spot valuable right now!

@rolo912011 what's the pit etiquette tonight? I need to brake going into the pit lane otherwise it drives straight into the wall, in the pre-season race someone followed me into the pit but didn't brake so I got slammed in the rear and lost a place (not having a go at whoever it was). Does everyone else brake or just let it hit the wall?

@rolo912011 what's the pit etiquette tonight? I need to brake going into the pit lane otherwise it drives straight into the wall, in the pre-season race someone followed me into the pit but didn't brake so I got slammed in the rear and lost a place (not having a go at whoever it was). Does everyone else brake or just let it hit the wall?

Good point. I'll bring it up in lounge.

Just got home from work. Haven't had any time to run laps at Autumn Ring. Sorry for the delay on the notice. No racing for me. Just NCAA march madness and some brews with a few of my buddies.

Bloody great. my best ever qualy and i was looking really forward to the race. had a good clean start with skeng but i pushed a bit too hard. managed to recover it only to be taken off by my team mate as i started to regain momentum. then pushed back into the pack. i'm the one who's always getting warned for my driving when i find it quite fair but it's ok for others to slam it up the inside and take me off, then my internet goes. whats the bloody point

Some well deserved points tonight in both races tonight shows that I'm slowly getting my mojo going.

Much better night then I expected, but the lag tonight was the worst I've ever seen. And I'm sure there's quite a few moments for the stewards to look at!

Sorry Blue was a little tap up the inside I think ended up pushing you wide :embarrassed:
What does seem fair as you say but I really not meant to do it.

Had the same thing second race could not get past the car in front so took a wide line.
Only to see a ST jump in front of me dam it lol.
Then race 2 got hotter an hotter my mum put the heating on!

Some great racing and a little messy from me at times :embarrassed:
But racing is racing hard to take it easy what I do try to do.

I've just had a word with my other half, she was apparently using her DS at the start of race 1 which is connected to the internet via wi-fi (my ps3 is wired), although she wasn't doing anything online, it may have been the cause of my lag. So apologies to anyone that saw me lag, I have had words with her and the DS will be banned at race time. Although to be fair, there seemed to be little bits of lag throughout.

Smith pitting on lap 5 didn't help, I wasn't expecting to have pit lag so early.

True_Blue, I was the one that dove up your inside just before your disco. I was clear up the inside at the apex but I did nudge you as you turned in, you recovered slightly and then I nudged you again, because I had Rolo up my inside and he knocked into me. Sorry, my part was totally unintentional. :(

Once race 2 settled down it was a good battle. Street and Nel were battling it out for ages and then I tried to get involved too. Street did a great job of defending whilst attacking Nel, good job Street, well raced. ;)

Yeh @xflow1390 great race. I had the pace to catch you for a few laps but I was making too many mistakes lol. Good to see decent results from the FF guys, the FR's must've run into a bit of trouble, and we're lucky skeng got disconnected:D

Yeh your lagging was pretty intense in race 1 @Ian_83 for quite a few laps, I had a few close calls! It settled after the pits though and it's not like I lost positions or anything. Your pace was faster than mine so you deserved to be in front anyway, I held you and rolo up for a few laps. I think the lagging started whilst you were behind me? A couple of times you were beside me then seemed to jump back.

I can't wait for Brands. I'm there on the 30th for the start of the BTCC season :), with Paddock Hill grandstand tickets :):):). We'll be able to see about 90% of track from where we'll be sitting. Went to the finale last season on the GP circuit but the weather was terrible. Also going to Thruxton this year for the first time.

Yeh @
Yeh your lagging was pretty intense in race 1 @[USER=242865]Ian_83
for quite a few laps, I had a few close calls! It settled after the pits though and it's not like I lost positions or anything. Your pace was faster than mine.....[/USER]

It could have been the DS, I know that she switched it off during race 1, but I'm not sure when. I'm surprised if that was the cause though, she wasn't actually doing anything online so I'm perplexed. I'll ensure that the wi-fi is turned off next week and then she can't connect to it. :D

Could Neljack see Smith on the track? At the beginning of race 2, Nel seemed to be barging into the side of Smith and he didn't move back over, so I'm wondering whether there was a problem there too.

Don't know if anyone is interested but over the next few years, I will be designing and building my very own LMP for the road :) To keep it affordable I will be using things such as the engine from a supra twin turbo :) but can people give recommendations if they can :D

What about a XTR2? Would that be more affordable than designing your own? SVA test would be a nightmare.

Its always been my dream to build one from ground up. (except engine etc as I am not good with that) + I also wish to be unique. And I am willing to go through SVA :P

Edit: I also don't like the look of open topped ones, I was going for more of a GT one or speed 8 look.

Don't know if anyone is interested but over the next few years, I will be designing and building my very own LMP for the road :) To keep it affordable I will be using things such as the engine from a supra twin turbo :) but can people give recommendations if they can :D
mitsubishi GTO, or go rotary lol.

rx7+ turbo bang over 550hps it's a start isn't it?

Well a LMP on the road will be very unique 👍
To make it easier/cheaper a bike engine would be a good shout, (smaller and no turbo pipes or inter coolers to route)
Plus you would then have a sequintial box.
You don't need monster power to be quick in such a light car ;)

Well a LMP on the road will be very unique 👍
To make it easier/cheaper a bike engine would be a good shout, (smaller and no turbo pipes or inter coolers to route)
Plus you would then have a sequintial box.
You don't need monster power to be quick in such a light car ;)

true that mate, that's why the v6 is the dream, (rather then some bmw v8 that my friends wanted me to get), but I will definitely bear the bike engine idea in mind! :)

Save your money and buy an actual car, no offence but unless you have a vast amount of disposable income, this will become another 'unfinished project' for sale on eBay.

Kit car companies spend huge amounts of money making sure that their cars are SVA compliant and usable. They expect/have to sell many cars to recoup their investment.

I'm all for a project, but I'd much rather build a kitcar that was designed by someone like Westfield or Tiger.

Good luck though. 👍

Supra engine is strong and tuneable, but a bike engine would be really good IF you can keep the weight to an absolute minimum.

A guy a know races in hillclimbs; tiny car with yamaha engine. It's pretty fast and nimble.

But a tri-rotor turbo has its charme lol

Back