Finished <- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!

Discussion in 'GT6 Racing Series' started by rolo912011, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Harsk100

Harsk100

I won't be able to be present in next round. I have an geography test 1 day after and I have to study, so I won't be able. Sorry

2. xflow1390

xflow1390

Great battles @Ian_83 I couldn't of pushed any harder if I tried

Ian_83 likes this.
  3. rolo912011

rolo912011

skeng's won a race, and you only have two 3rds - hence he's 2nd in the standings, and you're 3rd.

OK, thanks for letting me know. :tup:

4. Ian_83

Ian_83

You were pushing hard enough mate. You made me work hard in both races, they were great battles and I'd happily duel with you anytime. :tup:

5. SkengD

SkengD

If Ian didnt have that mishap at spa he would have a bigger pts lead

6. CptMadBean

CptMadBean

Nissan PB 1:22.748.
    Got a feeling that first bend going to be fun at the start of race :nervous:

7. Ian_83

Ian_83

Unfortunately accidents do happen. You had a spot of bad luck at Silverstone too, so I guess that we're even. ;)

You can have your lead back after Autumn Ring.

8. SkengD

SkengD

Autumn ring will be good for the rwd cars , managed a 22 0 yesterday with a little to spare.

Rear end of the car is super slidey , could do with a blown diffuser

DirtyNurbKing58 likes this.
  9. Ian_83

Ian_83

Lol. A blown diffuser on a rep-mobile. :tup:

My car needs TWOC'ing and burning out.

AR has always been an FR track. No doubt the BMW's and Nissan's will be very strong around here, if they get a good grid position the grip off the line should see them through turn 1 and off into the distance.

I lose my time through sector 1. I'm struggling to carry enough speed through those corners without ruining my flow.

The reverse grid will be fun though. Overtaking can be difficult here, there are three main overtaking places, but at least two of them are easy to defend. Should prove to be interesting.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  10. hurleyman24

hurleyman24

Sorry about not being around lately. I left for spring break last thursday and havent had wifi (or actually my ps3 either). Im going to be back at uni tomorrow so ill be on this week.

11. rolo912011

rolo912011

Well, judging by my running so far, the Nissan is hopeless. That heavy front end does it no favours.

:tup:

12. hurleyman24

hurleyman24

That is the exact reason i did not choose the nissan. In gt6, it seems as though weight balance plays a more important role. There is only so much that can be tuned out. I like a really loose car (loose=oversteer term that we americans use) just ask skeng. The nissan has torque which allows it to be faster than bmw at same weight. I have my bmw set up at a 48 52 weight distribution and it feels perfect. There is no way to get anywhere near that with most cars on the grid. The difference in torque and weight distribution really makes it hard to determine fair specs.

13. rolo912011

rolo912011

Current Autumn Ring Times:

Peugeot 1:22.138
    Renault 1:22.211
    Hyundai 1:22.236
    VW 1:22.328
    Ford 1:22.342
    Nissan 1:22.529 (not happy with this)
    Volvo 1:22.581 (expect .7/.8 far more often)
    BMW 1:22.823 (not happy with this)

I just forgot how to drive today it seems... will need to run Nissan/BMW again.

14. hurleyman24

hurleyman24

Do you have any sort of tune on that bmw? I remember running times in preseason which were too fast for the ff's by quite a bit and it was just a stiffer suspension, ballast in the rear, and lower differential values. Not questioning the driving because the track is one of my favorites and it suits me.

15. rolo912011

rolo912011

I run default settings everywhere except for placing the ballast for a 50:50 distribution (on every car), and setting the Max Speed values on Transmission.

That's all I do to give the base times :tup:

16. Ian_83

Ian_83

Didn't Skeng run a 22.0?

17. rolo912011

rolo912011

Yeah, so the BMW can do it, but as of now, I can't :sly:

18. Ian_83

Ian_83

Volvo time is worrying. I've done a 22.8 but 23's were more common. So the Volvo is deffo slow around AR. :(

19. rolo912011

rolo912011

Amen for drop scores I guess.

Realised Autumn Ring is kinda bad for the series in the same way Monza is... field just too spread out really.

20. quade420

quade420

Hey Rolo and Skeng I had to go out of town this week and it's looking like my internet here isn't going to be anywhere near good enough to support any kind of racing this week:tdown:. I'm going to give it a try today but it's not looking good. Sorry guys, will for sure be back next week.

21. SkengD

SkengD

No worries teammate good thing we have a good pts lead

22. Ian_83

Ian_83

Yeah, AR is a great track, but not balanced in terms of speed and handling, it certainly shows the weaknesses in some of the cars. AR needs another track like Monza in the calendar to restore the balance.

I thought that Silverstone National worked pretty well, I didn't know what to expect there and I was pleasantly surprised with how close some of the battles were. :tup:

23. Malcolm Tucker

Malcolm Tucker

Did a race simulation at Autumn today and really struggled to get a 22.9, but I was running consistent low 23s throughout. I'm within a second of rolo's time though which is good for me judging on times at previous tracks.

It's the first sector that does me in though, it's hard to stay in rhythm once you make a slight mistake. I feel like a 27 sec first split is possible but the best I've managed is a 28.3 :sick:. Might need to change strategy, @rolo912011 can you make it Knockhill rules for the first sector? :D

24. rolo912011

rolo912011

OK mate, I'll take it that means you'll be out Tuesday too for the one-make. 7 Q spots this week.

You may get your wish for a different track... after tonight's issues with TOCA at Bathurst I'm thinking of canning it and replacing it. At the very least, the night racing element is certainly out. :tdown:

Not recommended :sly:

Malcolm Tucker likes this.
  25. SkengD

SkengD

what happened at bathurst ?

26. rolo912011

rolo912011

Massively buggy track. It was a 33-lap enduro which went from day to night.

Slowly but surely a few of us, myself included, had the game freeze on us and we had to quit the race because the transition to night is clearly so bugged that it screws people up.

14 started the race, 6 finished.

27. Ian_83

Ian_83

I had heard that Bathurst was bugged, but it was on quite an old thread, so I had hoped that it was possibly fixed in an update. There was mention of black screens on a certain part of the track, which resulted in the game freezing and then the need to shut down the PS3....that then gave the '3-beeps'.

Not great news if it hasn't been fixed.

28. Malcolm Tucker

Malcolm Tucker

The top of the mountain twisty section at Bathurst has always been glitchy for me, offline or on. I've never had a black screen but then I don't think I've driven there with a full field or with time change. It would be sad if it had to be dropped from the calendar because I love the track, can't say I'm disappointed about it not being run at night though

29. SkengD

SkengD

I hope we can try it at day and it doesnt give us any issues

30. Ian_83

Ian_83

I don't think that the time change is the problem, it's the track itself.