<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
Oh your on about the over take at the chase, I was holding back.
Trying to stay out of trouble, saw you coming in fast.
And hope your miss me and go off track but no, great little move that ended up right in front of me.

Can I ask how much of that move was luck?
Or was it your pure driving skill?

I'm guessing it was your pure driving skill.

Qrt gave me the little push in the first bend, guess things like that happen.
Second lap qrt lag and poor wilson!
I got pushed from behind which pushed me into you if I remember correctly. Sorry, man.

ANNOUNCEMENT

The last few seasons, Diesel Pig has been slowly growing, and i have exciting news for next season, after all my bad luck lol. @CptMadBean has signed a new contract and us 2 will be fighting for team points next year. Also, @hurleyman24 will also be running under the DPR banner next season, but as an independent. He will be joining us for the last few races of this season, and with our brilliant mechanics we hope we wont be plagued by bad luck.

shame about canyon, hes a huge part of this series :(

I got pushed from behind which pushed me into you if I remember correctly. Sorry, man.
That would be me. :(

Watching the replay back, I'm not sure if I hit you before you hit Bean or not, it's difficult to tell even with headphones on and using the different cameras.

It didn't help that Bean was half on the grass either, I think he braked a bit earlier to compensate and I couldn't see his positioning for you. :lol: Thank god that it wasn't any worse and he pulled it back really. But regardless, sorry Madbean.

I think the points are still tight at the top Rolo, not quite as tight as before but still impressive at this stage. Can you do a drop score scenario for us, we're far enough into the season I think?

Points are yet to be confirmed of course, but if things stay as they are..

After 1 drop score:

1. PleaseD1e - 131
2. skengdigi - 120
3. qrtintheshade - 117
4. rolo912011 - 114
5. xflow1390 - 114

After 2 drop scores:

1. PleaseD1e - 105
2. qrtintheshade - 93
3. skengdigi - 93
4. rolo912011 - 92
5. xflow1390 - 92

ANNOUNCEMENT

The last few seasons, Diesel Pig has been slowly growing, and i have exciting news for next season, after all my bad luck lol. @CptMadBean has signed a new contract and us 2 will be fighting for team points next year. Also, @hurleyman24 will also be running under the DPR banner next season, but as an independent. He will be joining us for the last few races of this season, and with our brilliant mechanics we hope we wont be plagued by bad luck.

shame about canyon, hes a huge part of this series :(

Righto, I will note that change for this season 👍

Thanks Rolo. 👍

It's still all to play for then, no reason why anyone in the top 5 shouldn't be able to win the drivers' standings this season. :D

Is this the closest season yet? I've not seen it this tight at the top of the table before.

Is this the closest season yet? I've not seen it this tight at the top of the table before.

I think so, it certainly seems to shade the Integras for competitiveness.

It makes me wanna only score the first 2 races for main points next season, and have the 3rd race as like a 'power stage' in a rally :sly: (this is actually a suggestion by the way)

I think that this season would still have been close using the 3 race format. :lol: The thought of the reverse grids giving others a chance too can only be a good thing.

What would the 'power stage' actually be?

I think that this season would still have been close using the 3 race format. :lol: The thought of the reverse grids giving others a chance too can only be a good thing.

What would the 'power stage' actually be?

Yeah I agree, the R3 for next season will be a reverse grid too so hopefully the same thing will happen again, only with a third more points. Obviously though the bigger the numbers, the bigger the gaps.

It's not a 'power stage' per se but it's just the best way of explaining it. You'd have 3 races a night, but only the first two would count for regular championship points (as if it were this season). The third race would be exactly the same as the previous two in length, pits and everything, but it would be effectively be a separate series all season long just for third races, with a different scoring system (maybe 15-1).

So, hopefully not only would you have a tight points race again, but you'd have another one as well up for grabs. Would make a decent replacement for the hopeless Jack Sears idea anyway (or could become the new way of earning the JST). Plus thanks to the reverse grid the slower drivers might be higher up the points in that series during the season.

I'd be tempted to let the independents count as the JST and have the 3 race format back.

The whole 'power race' thing could be an idea for any Season 9 if the straight three-race deal proves to be a bit too open for the points.

Pretty big lead for Ian with 3 rounds left , you would have to say he is the favourite.

We should get a new winner this season .

Thanks Skeng. :) I don't have a big lead though, far from it, as far as I can see, anyone in the top 5 is still in with a chance.

Well I think Motegi is an FR track and Brands GP probably is too. Silverstone GP should be good for me though, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm sure that you'll do your best to beat me at the last possible moment. :lol:

Is Hurley still in with a shot? His first two races were his drop scores and technically he was still in the running.

Come to think of it, I remember leading season 6 for quite a while before it all started to go wrong. Maybe this'll be a repeat season.....oh god I hope not. :(

Very true. There is usually a spanner thrown into the works which turns the whole championship upside down.

I'm just going to keep my head down and pray for the best, I'm taking each race as it comes. The drop scores can change things dramatically at the end of the season so what will be will be.

Pretty big lead for Ian with 3 rounds left , you would have to say he is the favourite.

We should get a new winner this season .

Someone who isn't you at last! :sly:

Is Hurley still in with a shot? His first two races were his drop scores and technically he was still in the running.

He's used both his drops and is on 70 points right now, so 35 back off you and 23 back off 2nd... so a little behind but he could catch I guess. He's in a net 6th place at the moment with the DPR team boys both on 68 points each after 2 drops.

well we thought rolo was definitely going to win it in integras. this is the BTCC, anything can happen....

Red_Leader, the only driver I know who could take another half drop-score and still beat me by 5 points :banghead:

Someone who isn't you at last! :sly:

He's used both his drops and is on 70 points right now, so 35 back off you and 23 back off 2nd... so a little behind but he could catch I guess. He's in a net 6th place at the moment with the DPR team boys both on 68 points each after 2 drops.

Red_Leader, the only driver I know who could take another half drop-score and still beat me by 5 points :banghead:

If it werent for the dc for brands hatch and the whole connection debacle at bathurst, i might have had a real good chance. Just gotta hope for some engine breakdowns for those in front haha.

You were unlucky Hurley, you're still in with a chance though. ;)

Ahh, good ol' Red_Leader, I miss having him around. :(

Last edited:
Results from Bathurst:

Pre-Qualifying Race:

Cancelled

Race 1:

1. qrtintheshade
2. PleaseD1e
3. CptMadBean
4. hurleyman24
5. xflow1390
6. skengdigi
7. True-blue-8
8. wilson_gpg
9. Street-King-07
10. mrbrendon999
11. TheOldStig
12. glenn_cullen (warning + 5-second penalty)
13. DR_ingo5
DNF. smith1001 (warning + one-round ban)

Pole Position: PleaseD1e
Fastest Lap: PleaseD1e - 2:20.933
Lap Leaders: qrtintheshade, PleaseD1e

Race 2:

1. rolo912011
2. PleaseD1e
3. skengdigi
4. CptMadBean
5. qrtintheshade
6. Street-King-07
7. True-blue-8
8. hurleyman24
9. TheOldStig
10. wilson_gpg
11. DR_ingo5
DNF. glenn_cullen
DNF. mrbrendon999

Fastest Lap: qrtintheshade - 2:21.391
Lap Leaders: rolo912011, skengdigi, CptMadBean

--

DRIVERS ON A ONE-ROUND BAN:
@Malcolm Tucker - 8 penalty points.

@swiftsmith - couldn't view Race 1 personally, but the stewards have obviously seen enough to ask you to take a week's holiday from the series, and hopefully return with a bit more cleanliness in your driving

Drivers on Probation:

@CptMadBean - 6 penalty points. One more warning = one-round ban. Race bans do not count as drop scores.

--

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained to you. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal your penalty/penalties should you wish to.

Points up shortly 👍

--

Latest Points:

Drivers' Points:

S7Drivers050414_zps59ec2137.png

Teams' Points:

S7Teams050414_zps2bc8c131.png

Manufacturers' Points:

S7Manufacturers050414_zps32e2bf4f.png

Independents' Points:

S7Independents050414_zps45d03503.png

Jack Sears Trophy:

S7JST050414_zpse9385e26.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: Motegi East (03/04/14)

Pre-Qualifying Race: 7 Laps

No Pit Stop
Main Races: 14 Laps

Pit Window: 5 - 9

zootee and Dimse91 have fallen foul of the AWOL rule. This is the third time Dimse has done this and therefore I won't be accepting any sort of sign-up from Dimse again.

I appreciate V-DUB is busy with various things at the moment so his place sticks for now.

After race bans, and assuming no reserves race next week, there's only a maximum of 17 drivers due to appear, so you can probably be assured Pre-Q won't be necessary, so it's probably just worth turning up for 7pm next week.

----

@hurleyman24 you're in with a cracking chance of winning the Independents' Championship 👍

Only 24 points? 20 for win in race 1. 12 for 5th in race 2...

Had a feeling there was a mistake somewhere this week...

OK, yeah, 21 for Race 1 (20 + lead lap), 13 for Race 2 (12 + FL) = 34

My bad, will change and it will show up properly in next week's tables. For now just go with having 10 points more than you do.

Obviously this means my drop score calculations are a little off as well :dunce:

EDIT: after 1 drop score:

1. PleaseD1e - 131
2. qrtintheshade - 127
3. skengdigi - 120
4. rolo912011 - 114
5. xflow1390 - 114

After 2 drop scores:

1. PleaseD1e - 105
2. qrtintheshade - 103
3. skengdigi - 93
4. rolo912011 - 92
5. xflow1390 - 92

Am gonna say thanks to the stewards of race one. Smith ruined my best chance in that race. I don't normally get grudges but at that I am mad. Mainly because it put me 13s down straight away and I pushed too hard for rest of the race... But yeah, hope when he comes back its a bit cleaner >.<

Back