<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
BTCC-9
As you're probably all aware (and if not, I'll clear it up here), the next proper season will be the 9th of regular BTCC. However, there will be a little bit of a break before it kicks off in order to allow proper testing to take place (and so I can catch a bit of a break also). As I'm sure I've said before, my testing time and opportunity is a little limited these days, and so I've had very kind offers from the likes of @AudiMan2011 and @Ian_83 to help me along with the process. Of course, feel free to join them on that, and I will of course chip in where required and when I can.

When it comes to the car list, don't be expecting miracles or a complete revolution, because it's not going to happen. It's too much work and only if you design and build a series yourself can you fully appreciate the time and effort it all needs (and only if you're me can you know how much I don't want to spend another 200 hours of track time doing this :sly:). One thing I can confirm publicly at this stage is that the Renault and Nissan will not be returning, and that the remaining eight cars are all scheduled to return at this stage. The specs of those eight cars will be tweaked to hopefully ensure all can win. If you want new, there will be new - I do intend to have 9 or 10 choices to pick from, so that of course means one or two new machines. Those, however, will be staying under wraps for now ;) Please save on the car list suggestions, I've already got the potential cars in mind and have begun testing these. 👍

There will, however, be something of a rather different look about the track list for next season. More on that to come :sly:

As with this season, there will be a period of pre-season racing where points for taking part will be awarded. However, I would like to conduct some testing in private with the stewards first before we get to this. So, to fill that gap, I intend to bring into play an idea that @DirtyNurbKing58 suggested to me the other day. There's been a bit of talk about the old Integra series in recent days, and so I would like to resurrect it as a pre-season mini series to keep the racing flowing while testing gets done by the stewards at other times.

I plan to run this for the four weeks after this season finishes (September 11th - October 2nd), to the same format as this season, so 12 races in all. There has been talk about allowing tuning for this series, and I think in a limited sense I will do so. I want to keep the basic power/weight specs the same (i.e. stock spec), so that applying a success penalty (which in my view made that series so great) is very straight forward. However, beyond that, stuff like gearbox and suspension tuning should be fair game. I'm not sure of people's views on this, so if you're desperate for tuning prohibited again, say, then I'll put that into play. I will make a separate, dedicated thread for that series probably next week to allow sufficient time for sign-ups and such.

Hopefully this clears up all of the mixed messages about the future of the series, which to be honest hasn't been helped by the fact I didn't really know what I wanted to do next :sly:

I'll be up races maybe even some testing, I just question my skill lvl in testing.
As I'm not as quick as some of you guys and I don't get on with the differnt as well as some of your do.

I start my 4 on 4 off shift tomorrow (Monday)
This will make some races iffy for me to make :(
I guess if the Integra series starts on at the wrong time for me it could mean I miss all races :/

Well I'm 31, therefore I'm probably an oldie and for that reason I think that we'll win. Those youngsters are all testosterone and no brains. :lol: Us old folk have experience and we're cunning.

Does 24 count as old too? :P

Back