<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
Do what Skeng and Ian do take your time.
Your one of the best drivers out there but you will fight.
Skeng and Ian will push for a mistake out of you, just look how they win.
Place them back off the grid and there past all before we know it.
You know too much. :lol:

But you're quite right in what you say. One thing that I've learnt is that by applying a decent amount of pressure to an opponent, it will eventually cause them to make an error, maybe only a tiny one, but it does present an opening for an easy overtake.

The most difficult person to overtake is one that puts their car in a perfect defensive position at the apex each and every time. Street King did that to me at Brands, I simply couldn't get by him because I was made to go around the outside each time.

On the other hand, if you fail to drive defensively with a car behind, there is a tendency for the person behind to squeeze into what is arguably a closing gap.... Top tip - Close the gap before the corner, make it look unappealing and then try to leave them on the corner exit. 👍 Getting the cut-back on someone is also a great tactic, basically run wide into the corner allowing them through on the inside, but power out of the corner earlier and overtake on the exit. That's actually one of my favourite moves. :D

Yesterday's racing was fairly intense at times. My race 3 battle with Canyon lasted for 10 laps and it was pretty damn epic. Street King had a front row seat for that one and I know that he was waiting to capitalise. Thankfully it all worked out well in the end and we have an awesome replay for the collection too. 👍 Canyon and I have had some really hard fought races over the years, so we both know what to expect now. Thank you Canyon.

Only real disappointing thing for me was the track limits. I saw people cutting turn 1 quite a bit (I probably did it a few times too) and various other corners too. I don't have hours of free time to study the replays, but if this starts becoming the norm we'll have to look into it more and giving time penalties where appropriate. We do make a small allowance for errors, but we'd rather not see it at all if possible. Just bear this in mind please guys. 👍

So, Skeng pretty much won every available point, that Nissan was so good through the corners it was crazy. I think that he's probably had more wins than everyone else combined now (well done). :lol: Thank god that True-Blue snatched pole and I think that Stig got one of the fastest laps too.....well done guys. :)

Still amazed by that race 2 lap 17 overtake I made on canyon in turn 3 , one of the best passes i've made in gt6 for sure .

Took a look at the replay yesterday and it doesn't look anywhere as good as it felt during the race , maybe it only looks crazy from my inside view.

For some reason I couldn't turn on the pace for qualifying , just kept making mistakes but Canyon made things easy for me by false starting .

Looking forward to that Integra championship , I really wanted to win the last one but had some connection issues in the last couple of rounds .

Oh and about True Blue , I think If he practiced with us even as much as Capn does he would improve in the races . True has the pace but I think he gets nervous in the races . Hot lapping and racing are quite different because of clean/dirty air and different racing lines . I think thats why Capn likes to do some 5 lap races every now and then.

Still amazed by that race 2 lap 17 overtake I made on canyon in turn 3 , one of the best passes i've made in gt6 for sure .

Took a look at the replay yesterday and it doesn't look anywhere as good as it felt during the race , maybe it only looks crazy from my inside view.

For some reason I couldn't turn on the pace for qualifying , just kept making mistakes but Canyon made things easy for me by false starting .

Looking forward to that Integra championship , I really wanted to win the last one but had some connection issues in the last couple of rounds .

Oh and about True Blue , I think If he practiced with us even as much as Capn does he would improve in the races . True has the pace but I think he gets nervous in the races . Hot lapping and racing are quite different because of clean/dirty air and different racing lines . I think thats why Capn likes to do some 5 lap races every now and then.
yeah, the problem is when there's you or ian (or any of the veterans) behind me, I try to stay calm but that makes it worse lol but when someone who can't grasp the idea of real racing they think anything is possible. They'll find out when they get out there for real, as people won't let them smash their car. They'll have to learn the hard way

Yeah I didn't realise I was that close to pole because I was out of the room and missed half of qually... Damn lucky to have started 2 nd... Only to have a brain fart and false start... Doh from second to last in 4 seconds...

The 3 rd race battle with Ian was epic... Pushed each other hard but the best man won... Just.. Thanks to all for a great nights racing...

Yeah I didn't realise I was that close to pole because I was out of the room and missed half of qually... Damn lucky to have started 2 nd... Only to have a brain fart and false start... Doh from second to last in 4 seconds...

The 3 rd race battle with Ian was epic... Pushed each other hard but the best man won... Just.. Thanks to all for a great nights racing...
I thought you died or something lol

I was secretly glad, as I thought the megane would kill me of the line. :lol:

I was shocked when I got pole lol, but I thought someone would beat me, then I managed to beat my time from a high .4 to a low .4 not sure if i'd have got pole with the first one though.

I'm sorry guy but I know i'm young and you think it's b:censored:t but I really have a lot of experience in the world of racing. Yeah, I use4d to make a lot of clumsy mistakes, but now the majority of mistakes are caused by others. Apart from the terrible ones, but you tell me one professional driver (and some here) that can drive without respect. None. The reason why Schumacher and Brawn were so good, is there tactics. you follow a driver you can see their weak points and make a correct move. but I follow people, for laps, and then the guy behind will throw it up there, with no repet. if you do that in real life, there's no reset button. im just trying to give some advice, as it's quite upsetting that this is now the standard.

mine and @sibbystiggy 's battle in race 1 was brilliant, best I've had in ages (he was driver of the night for me). That jag was fast, and we lost the chance of a podium by fighting, but it was a brilliant, fair fight. With Nurb as well too, that's a track where people can really shove it up the inside, with no run of and a narrow track :(

One thing that I've learnt is that by applying a decent amount of pressure to an opponent, it will eventually cause them to make an error, maybe only a tiny one, but it does present an opening for an easy overtake.
this is a very good strategy, requires patience and consistency, changing your lines or trying something different in an attempt to overtake, or to keep up can be a bad/risky/dangerous move,
but tbh I felt more pressure being behind skeng than infront when he overtook me, pressure can be something to avoid but being too relaxed isn't good either, finding a middle ground is best, not being affected by their presence at all and just doing your thing (setting good & consistent lap times every lap), whilst keeping it clean

The most difficult person to overtake is one that puts their car in a perfect defensive position at the apex each and every time. Street King did that to me at Brands, I simply couldn't get by him because I was made to go around the outside each time.
Ian, remember our first race? Nur GP/F, the widest ford focus ever ;) I was very slow and had a traffic jam behind me that couldn't get passed cus I always had the inside line but I finally made a mistake and opened the door once & it was the end of that

Top tip - Close the gap before the corner, make it look unappealing and then try to leave them on the corner exit. 👍 Getting the cut-back on someone is also a great tactic, basically run wide into the corner allowing them through on the inside, but power out of the corner earlier and overtake on the exit. That's actually one of my favourite moves. :D
This happened alot yesterday especially before the club corner where if you kept to the outside at vale, allow them to overtake and run wide then you could take their inside where you had a better and faster line, I think mikey and skeng took out 3/4 cars with one move doing that

Yesterday's racing was fairly intense at times. My race 3 battle with Canyon lasted for 10 laps and it was pretty damn epic. Street King had a front row seat for that one and I know that he was waiting to capitalise. Thankfully it all worked out well in the end and we have an awesome replay for the collection too. 👍
that's my evening sorted, popcorn and Btcc race 3 replay :sly:

So, Skeng pretty much won every available point, that Nissan was so good through the corners it was crazy.
@SkengD would you mind sharing your nissan setup with me plz? since Nissan won't be returning next season, I just want to see what times I can get out of it with your setup... :cheers:

Last edited:
the jag should do well at nur GP/D only thing is, I hate chicanes! I loose far too much speed and as for the tall curbs, it won't go well for the traction and stability of my heavy and long wheel base, rwd jag

what do you think @1996mikey2412 ?

the jag should do well at nur GP/D only thing is, I hate chicanes! I loose far too much speed and as for the tall curbs, it won't go well for the traction and stability of my heavy and long wheel base, rwd jag

what do you think @1996mikey2412 ?

That's what I think mate, I knw it will end bad for me by someone coming from a mile back and shoving me out of the way :lol:

That's what I think mate, I knw it will end bad for me by someone coming from a mile back and shoving me out of the way :lol:
in the first few laps if the gap between drivers doesn't increase, that chicane could be a nightmare for some as others will see it as an opportunity for overtaking, situations like: 2 cars side on entering & missing the early braking point due to slipstream, normally end tragically :scared:

in the first few laps if the gap between drivers doesn't increase, that chicane could be a nightmare for some as others will see it as an opportunity for overtaking, situations like: 2 cars side on entering & missing the early braking point due to slipstream, normally end tragically :scared:
I've completed overtakes there before in online lobbies, it should be my strong point

Everyone makes mistakes. ;) :lol:

I've only ever met a few people that I would consider to be near perfect drivers that are pretty much guarantee'd to be 100% clean and tidy.

The comparison to F1 isn't fair either. F1 is totally different to touring cars, any form of contact in an 'open wheeled' race car can result in disaster. Saloon and hatchback series have always been. Renowned for contact of some degree or another. I'm not condoning contact, but a rub here and there is to be expected.

I personally find that I'm driving more defensively these days and as a result I'm keeping myself out of trouble. If the gap down the inside is closed, the car behind only has one option to overtake and it's a long way around the outside. :sly:

Driving agressively is easy, but driving tactically and defensively is an art form which when mastered makes the difference between a good driver and a great driver.

Watch Skeng, when he's making an overtake, he lines the move up one or two turns before he actually makes the overtake. That forward planning ensures that he can carry enough speed through a particular section to make the move as quickly and cleanly as possible.

Similarly, watch how he defends. If I'm drafting him down a straight, I can pretty much guarantee that he will hold a tight line going into the corner, forcing me to an outside line which costs me time. If he moves across just a bit, I can't make a dive up the inside as there simply isn't room to do so.

Some drivers are a bit rough at times, generally they know who they are too. :lol: Luckily I also know too and that's why I keep the door closed. :sly:

just remember there's a difference between being in that position to overtake and slamming it up the inside from so far back
id say if you've got half (or more) of your car along side someone before approaching the entry of a corner, its safe cus if they turn into you, they will only bump off and you won't spin them, but if you're no where near along side of them and you see a gap, it will either be dive bombing where they will be unfairly pushed wide or it will be very risky and you will make it with little or no contact, only if they have ran very wide,

Don't dare do this unless if you're along side someone at that chicane or it will be a guaranteed disaster

just remember there's a difference between being in that position to overtake and slamming it up the inside from so far back
The 1st corner is amazing, reminds me of turn 1 at Fuji. 👍 I don't overtake into the bend, but I will get the better exit and hopefully the better line through turn 2 and 3. :lol:

Top tip - Close the gap before the corner, make it look unappealing and then try to leave them on the corner exit. 👍 Getting the cut-back on someone is also a great tactic, basically run wide into the corner allowing them through on the inside, but power out of the corner earlier and overtake on the exit. That's actually one of my favourite moves.

Its one of my favorite moves too, but I can only manage to do it on AI(lol :lol:).

best GT6 car/track combo ever...

Red Bull X2014 Standard / Kart Space

:D
Not for me it isn't :lol: My reactions aren't fast enough for that, I'm getting old.

I don't play GT6 all that much, but my fave combo on GT5 was Fuji Speedway GT and the Takata Dome NSX. :D They did a TT there and I tuned my NSX for that track. It was pretty special. Canyon hated it.

The 3 rd race battle with Ian was epic... Pushed each other hard but the best man won... Just.. Thank
Not for me it isn't :lol: My reactions aren't fast enough for that, I'm getting old.

I don't play GT6 all that much, but my fave combo on GT5 was Fuji Speedway GT and the Takata Dome NSX. :D They did a TT there and I tuned my NSX for that track. It was pretty special. Canyon hated it.
hated that damn car with a passion... But you hated my Elise 111R... But I do remember the TT around deep forest... Tit for tat ... Lol

Race 3 was funny, bit of a good lead went to waste.
But good fun for a few laps over taking Ian again, think I retook him twice.

Just what Ian not need a hyundai back in front of him :)

hated that damn car with a passion... But you hated my Elise 111R... But I do remember the TT around deep forest... Tit for tat ... Lol

That Elise was good. You were always racing that little pocket rocket. Can you remember the race we had at Monaco? You gave everyone a head start and still won. I ran from the back of the grid and finished 2nd (I think) but I was on the wrong tyres. I was on SS, but it should have been RS. The reactions from the others was priceless. :lol:

Deep Forest was fun, that was in the Alfa Romeo 8C? Didn't I beat you on that one too? :lol:

But good fun for a few laps over taking Ian again, think I retook him twice.

Just what Ian not need a hyundai back in front of him :)

That was a good laugh mate, I enjoyed our little exchange, although that Hyundai looked much better in my rearview mirror.

Last edited:
The stewards have received a few reports that are a little bit vague at best. It really does help us if we are told as much information as possible, so basically.....Race/Lap/Sector (or turn) and your opinion if applicable. We will also look at overall driving standards when necessary, but please help us out as best you can.

There were 10 drivers, three races and just over 20 minutes per race. That's 10 hours of footage. :crazy:

Thanks guys. 👍 :cheers:

Back