<- BTCC -> Honda Integra Cup Season 2 - rolo wins a title at the 13th attempt!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,178 comments
Results from Monza:

Race 1:

1. PleaseD1e (301hp)
2. Giorgio_57
3. skengdigi
4. rolo912011 (295hp)
5. ITA-VEN-97 (283hp)
6. wambam23
7. mikey_2412
8. CptMadBean
9. alex_salmon28 (307hp; delayed 5-second penalty applied)
10. Street-King-07
11. Dustybin_ (289hp)
12. MarchingSaint (5-second penalty)

Pole: Giorgio_57
Fastest Lap: Giorgio_57 - 1:59.868
Lap Leaders:
Giorgio_57, rolo912011, skengdigi, PleaseD1e

Race 2:

1. Street-King-07
2. skengdigi (295hp)
3. Dustybin_
4. rolo912011 (301hp)
5. PleaseD1e (283hp; position swap)
6. CptMadBean (warning + 5-second penalty)
7. ITA-VEN-97 (307hp; warning + 5-second penalty + position swap)
8. mikey_2412
9. Giorgio_57 (289hp)
10. wambam23
11. STOCKY8A1
12. alex_salmon28 (warning)
13. MarchingSaint (warning + 15-second penalty)

Fastest Lap: Dustybin_ - 2:00.375
Lap Leaders:
Dustybin_, Street-King-07, CptMadBean, skengdigi

Race 3:

1. rolo912011 (301hp)
2. Giorgio_57
3. Dustybin_ (295hp)
4. skengdigi (289hp)
5. Street-King-07 (283hp)
6. CptMadBean
7. mikey_2412
8. wambam23
9. STOCKY8A1
10. PleaseD1e (307hp; warning + 5-second penalty)
11. alex_salmon28 (warning + 25-second penalty)
12. MarchingSaint (warning + 30-second penalty)
DSQ. ITA-VEN-97 (warning + 5-second penalty)

Fastest Lap: Dustybin_ - 1:59.623 (ITA-VEN-97 stripped of Fastest Lap)
Lap Leaders: MarchingSaint, Giorgio_57, mikey_2412, rolo912011

----

Drivers on a Season Ban:
@ITAVEN97 - Deliberate retaliatory driving is simply unacceptable in BTCC. It's undoubtedly annoying when you are constantly being hit, but that doesn't mean you can take the rules into your own hands and dropkick people out of the race. You won't be racing again this season. You said you've quit anyway, and that's fine by me.

@MarchingSaint - I'm sorry but we're not going to allow you to continue racing with us. Your internet connection caused problems with other drivers which did not exist before, and that not only delayed the start but lead also to some of the on-track incidents during the night - you may need a connection upgrade or to clear your network cache via PS3. Also, your standard of driving is certainly not good enough at the moment, and therefore we feel you need to learn your race craft in another series or otherwise elsewhere. I hope you understand.

Drivers on a One-Round Ban:

@alex salmon - 8 penalty points. You are allowed to race this week at Grand Valley East, but your ban will be served at the final round of the season at Red Bull Ring. Please improve your driving standards next week, your Race 3 was perhaps the second worst I've ever seen from anyone in this series. You are lucky to be racing next week. If Pre-Qualifying is required next week, you will not be locked in.

Drivers on Probation:

@STOCKY8A1 - 6 penalty points. One more warning means a one-round ban.

@CptMadBean - 6 penalty points. One more warning means a one-round ban.

@Kkj10
- 10 penalty points. One more warning means a ban for the rest of the season.

Delayed Time Penalties:

@Kkj10 - 10 seconds will be added to your race time during your next race where you do not finish last. If your 10-second penalty is not taken during Round 7 at Grand Valley East, then it will be transferred to a warning. This will be your sixth warning and therefore you will be banned from racing in Round 8 at Red Bull Ring.

----

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained, or to appeal. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal penalties.

Points up shortly. 👍

Last edited:
I like this guy.
So do I. :) What a great attitude he has.

@MarchingSaint - Thank you for being so understanding. It's a shame that your connection caused some problems and that your driving wasn't up to standard.

I hope that you can race with us again someday. Try to improve your internet connection as much as possible and keep racing in online lobbies as much as possible. You will gain experience and become a good driver with more practice.

I wish you well.

Latest Points:

Drivers' Points:

INTEGRAS2DRIVERS151114_zps906ca013.png

Teams' Points:

INTEGRAS2TEAMS151114_zps2b0ae776.png

Independents' Points:

INTEGRAS2INDEPENDENTS151114_zpsf021df8b.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: Grand Valley East (20/11/14)
Laps: 18

Pit Window: 7 - 12

---------
HP Penalties for Race 1:

rolo912011 - 283hp
2. Giorgio_57 - 289hp
3. Dustybin_ - 295hp
4. skengdigi - 301hp
5. Street-King-07 - 307hp

---------

Results:
  1. Motegi East - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-9-spaces-open.316250/page-15#post-10100082
  2. Cape Ring Inside - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gt-8-spaces-open.316250/page-22#post-10131032
  3. Fuji GT - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-7-spaces-open.316250/page-26#post-10147848
  4. Deep Forest - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...46-8-spaces-open.316250/page-30#post-10182984
  5. Tokyo R246 - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...up-round-6-monza.316250/page-31#post-10224753
  6. Monza - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/btcc-honda-integra-cup-round-7-grand-valley-east-invitation-only.316250/page-34#post-10233687
---------​

The points tables should give you all a not-so-subtle hint about the legends racing in the finale with us! The current entry list (which has been updated in OP) for Red Bull Ring is the usual group of 13, plus @wiseguy007 @Malcolm Tucker @Glenalz81 @Esco87 @DirtyNurbKing58 @Furinkazen @Scaniabebe @neljack @cunny17 @kk20 @Gedi69. These guys are also free to race this week if they want to, but the main focus is on the finale.

@V8-Johnboy @joetruckv8 and @ROB 256R are currently maybes and therefore will have to act as reserves as the grid is currently full. The entry is subject to some change and I'll try my best to keep you all updated. This means Pre-Qualifying will be needed, so please check up on the opening post for information about that. Stewards be aware! The key thing to note is that if possible you need to be in my lounge by 6.40pm (UK) on the night! Pre-Q goes at 6.45pm.

All guest drivers will be eligible for points and, unless I'm told otherwise, will be entered as Independents so will score in that championship too.

As per usual, one drop score will be taken after next week for all drivers who still have two left to take.

Dam me on 6 pens again :ouch:

Mikey running a civic cup race, hoping I can fix the 4 rounds to suit my shifts.
Not 100% sure his connection will be the best as we seen some DNF.
And losing host and race event maker in races not great.

Maybe Mikey can sort it so Skeng or Ian host?

As for what I like mutli car or one make, I really don't know.
Think it more the challange of taking you lot on I like, still need my first win :boggled:

GTA I don't think I can stand that much maybe if you guys on I can.
Had a chopper flying around with a tank hanging off it, just blowning players up the other day?
And the open mics and listening to 6 year old swearing for the sack of it does my nut in.

Should have an option to hear only crew members really.

I guess I like to see Rolo keep as event maker and Skeng idea of a two car make sounds good.

guys im really sorry for how i was driving at monza i wasnt myself i was getting quite stessed out about alot of minor things that caused me to be off the pace so in r3 i decided just to go all out and go back to my more aggressive driving style guess it wasnt the best idea :/ after that race i didn't particularly feel like i wanted to finish the season anyway i never really felt at home in this series it was my first experience of seriously racing online and i just felt like a little bit of an outcast after my first race in fuji. so ive now decided i wont be racing again in this series
thanks for the races i have done

guys im really sorry for how i was driving at monza i wasnt myself i was getting quite stessed out about alot of minor things that caused me to be off the pace so in r3 i decided just to go all out and go back to my more aggressive driving style guess it wasnt the best idea :/ after that race i didn't particularly feel like i wanted to finish the season anyway i never really felt at home in this series it was my first experience of seriously racing online and i just felt like a little bit of an outcast after my first race in fuji. so ive now decided i wont be racing again in this series
thanks for the races i have done
I'm sure Dirtynurb will look after you.

I'm pleased to announce that myself and @DirtyNurbKing58 have joined forces for the Grand Finale in HSR...

Myself and DirtyNurb have been good friends since around 2011 - when we first met on a popular GT5 Lobby called "DIRTY SHUFFLE FUN" which was led by a great guy called "Boltonroadways". The Dirty Races at the Nurburging were great fun, and myself and DirtyNurb became good friends... When I moved onto the world of GTPlanet and especially the BTCC, after I had got settled in, I asked if he would be interested to come over to BTCC for some racing. And the rest was history! Although we haven't raced each other for a while now, it'll be great to come together (not literally) again and take to the track! :D

I'm pleased to announce that myself and @DirtyNurbKing58 have joined forces for the Grand Finale in HSR...

Myself and DirtyNurb have been good friends since around 2011 - when we first met on a popular GT5 Lobby called "DIRTY SHUFFLE FUN" which was led by a great guy called "Boltonroadways". The Dirty Races at the Nurburging were great fun, and myself and DirtyNurb became good friends... When I moved onto the world of GTPlanet and especially the BTCC, after I had got settled in, I asked if he would be interested to come over to BTCC for some racing. And the rest was history! Although we haven't raced each other for a while now, it'll be great to come together (not literally) again and take to the track! :D
Will be a nice finish 👍

Going to be great having all the old greats back together 👍

First up, a big cheers to Rolo. I never want the pressure of hosting a roomThis , let alone running a series! It looks like far too much work for me, so you have my full respect. Also that lap we did at Deep forest side by side, definately earn't you alot of respect from me as a driver.

What drew me to this series was prohibited tune. I really can't be bothered to mess around with setups. I had very little experience of FWD on this game, so decided to give it a go.

On the whole I have enjoyed the racing. I didn't realise how strong the draft would be, so this took a bit of adapting to, but it has been fun. You have to work with another car to set quick laptimes. I quickly learnt in the first two rounds who I wanted to be near on the track, and who to be wary of if they were near me on track! The only driver I knew previously was Gioirgio, having often raced with him in low grip non ABS rooms. So I knew my work would be cut out with him! There are 4 or 5 drivers that I really rate in this series, and I think you all now who you are having worked well with me at some point during the series:sly: Also there are several drivers with good speed, but very poor racecraft.

At Monza, only the first race was really bad for me. i started well, but lap 3, just as I was getting some space from the scary drivers behind, and working well with Ian to catch the lead group I screwed up! Running no ABS bit me ( I refuse to drive with ABS no matter what the room settings). This dropped me back into the danger zone! I pitted,(losing time as I did in all 3 races) came out behind StreetKing. tried to work with him, but then he clouted the inside of Lesmo 1 and took us both out! Then as I tried to make some sort of comeback, lag caused by the two cars half way up the straight not seeing each other caused me to go flying into the sand! Oh well at least I had pole and full power for race 2!

Race 2 and 3 were pretty much what I expected, which is sad because of all the good things that have been said about previous seasons!

Now though, I am really looking forward to the final couple of rounds. Bring it on all you oldtimers!

Cheers,

Dusty

The points tables should give you all a not-so-subtle hint about the legends racing in the finale with us! The current entry list (which has been updated in OP) for Red Bull Ring is the usual group of 13, plus @wiseguy007 @Malcolm Tucker @Glenalz81 @Esco87 @DirtyNurbKing58 @Furinkazen @Scaniabebe @neljack @cunny17 @kk20 @Gedi69. These guys are also free to race this week if they want to, but the main focus is on the finale.

@V8-Johnboy @joetruckv8 and @ROB 256R are currently maybes and therefore will have to act as reserves as the grid is currently full. The entry is subject to some change and I'll try my best to keep you all updated. This means Pre-Qualifying will be needed, so please check up on the opening post for information about that. Stewards be aware! The key thing to note is that if possible you need to be in my lounge by 6.40pm (UK) on the night! Pre-Q goes at 6.45pm.

All guest drivers will be eligible for points and, unless I'm told otherwise, will be entered as Independents so will score in that championship too.

As per usual, one drop score will be taken after next week for all drivers who still have two left to take.

That's quite a lineup.

I'll need to score big at the last 2 rounds in order to reduce the impact from my second drop score and remain in title contention. With some old dogs returning, I can't afford to hold back.

oh well might be bad for you but awesome here in italy...

my usual upload is 0.35 and dl is 5-6... >_> pinging at around 35ms

If you do not have jittter problems you should be rock solid mate

Ping can be under as high as 100 really it's jitter you need to worry about.
Jitter is game packets losted this makes cars jump all over the place.

Or in a shooting game you go and shoot someone and then there over the other side and shoot you :(
Servers we connected to also need to be good.
I've heard PS4 charge now for PS4 online play bit like Xbox?

If true then maybe PSN will be better in online play.

110925879.png

Ping can be under as high as 100 really it's jitter you need to worry about.
Jitter is game packets losted this makes cars jump all over the place.

Or in a shooting game you go and shoot someone and then there over the other side and shoot you :(
Servers we connected to also need to be good.
I've heard PS4 charge now for PS4 online play bit like Xbox?

If true then maybe PSN will be better in online play.
Ping wants to be below 75 really. Below 100 is okay, but with some added jitter it will cause problems.

PS4 requires Playstation Plus membership to play online. Currently I haven't noticed any differences in terms of server performance between the PS4 and PS3. In actual fact, Driveclub has been awful, their servers couldn't cope at launch and it was a huge mess.

Oh....it's Rolo's retirement, not necessarily the BTCC that's retiring.

Realistically the BTCC has probably only got another season or two left before there are a total shortage of drivers. A fair few people will migrate to Project Cars in March next year and that will have an effect. Also christmas will provide a few people with PS4's too, so we could lose a couple of guys there too.

Like it or not, GT6 is slowly dying a death. The new-gen consoles will take over and those that aren't happy with GT6 won't hang around. :(

Ping wants to be below 75 really. Below 100 is okay, but with some added jitter it will cause problems.

PS4 requires Playstation Plus membership to play online. Currently I haven't noticed any differences in terms of server performance between the PS4 and PS3. In actual fact, Driveclub has been awful, their servers couldn't cope at launch and it was a huge mess.

Realistically the BTCC has probably only got another season or two left before there are a total shortage of drivers. A fair few people will migrate to Project Cars in March next year and that will have an effect. Also christmas will provide a few people with PS4's too, so we could lose a couple of guys there too.

Like it or not, GT6 is slowly dying a death. The new-gen consoles will take over and those that aren't happy with GT6 won't hang around. :(
:bowdown:

This is the point really. I was always planning to stop the main BTCC after the 10th season, because by then I would have just run out of cars, gimmicks and circuits within the game. I'm anticipating a loss of people to PS4 mainly and so I knew that there was a big chance I'd put literally hundreds of hours into prepping seasons 9 and 10 for there to be not very many people at all wanting to race in them. That would obviously be a huge waste and therefore it was a real barrier to wanting to carry on with this.

The 1.14 update came out today and I just don't care really... which kinda shows my attitude to GT6 now.

Back