Bugatti Teases a New Mystery Car, Unveiling is Imminent

The "What if?..." Moniker could mean anything. Fully electric and 350MPH? Doubtful. Cover car reveal for a next gen XSeX or PS5 racer gsme? Also unlikely. I do like the rear lights though, I'd be surprised if it was some new major competitor car reveal with all silly numbers and performance, as neat as that would be.

Maybe an entry for the new WEC regulations? It would make sense to test the waters with the Bugatti brand since Audi and VW have their eyes peeled on electric motorsports going forward.

Might be cyberpunk 2077 related. They already revealed collaboration with Porsche, so it makes sense to tease another collab close to release.

latest

The Rayfield Caliburn looks like a Chiron already

Last edited:
Doesn't look like it fits the LM Hypercar regs for it to be a race car. Might be a track special like the Lambo SCV12.

Save for the horseshoe, it reminds me of that La Ferrari-based racer prototype thing, whatever it was called.

What makes you say that? It looks as though it'll fit in the category.
Someone on reddit said: "Sorry to 🤬 on your hope but the back end and the sidepods don't look anything like what is mandated by the LMH regs (in which back end and sidepods vaguely look like the current LMP1s). At best it's a track day car or hypercar that would be a candidate for proper LMH conversion (kinda like the only pics we've seen of the Toyota so far)."

Someone on reddit said: "Sorry to 🤬 on your hope but the back end and the sidepods don't look anything like what is mandated by the LMH regs (in which back end and sidepods vaguely look like the current LMP1s). At best it's a track day car or hypercar that would be a candidate for proper LMH conversion (kinda like the only pics we've seen of the Toyota so far)."
There are several reasons it doesn't meet the criteria from what I can make out, another one being that the bodywork doesn't cover the wheels entirely from the axle centrelines. You can clearly see the wheels exposed at the rear of the arches above this line from a side profile view.

It is highly unlikely this s being built to compete in the LMPH category, it would need changes if it were to do so.

Last edited:
There are several reasons it doesn't meet the criteria from what I can make out, another one being that the bodywork doesn't cover the wheels entirely from the axle centrelines. You can clearly see the wheels exposed at the rear of the arches above this line from a side profile view.

It is highly unlikely this s being built to compete in the LMPH category, it would need changes if it were to do so.
It’s a shame how bad the ACO and FIA goof’d the hypercar regs. This thing should’ve been exactly the sort of car to be on the grid, along with stuff like the FXX-K and that new Lambo and the Senna and Aston Vulcan. Basically GT4 with 1000bhp hypercar track day monsters. But no, we got LMP1 with an even higher barrier for entry

Are you thinking of the FXX K Evo?

Ferrari_FXX_K_Evo_%2842017945644%29.jpg
Yes, that. Not as similar as I'd pictured it in my head, but then I last saw it ages ago in one of the car mags, however there are still definite similarities.

Back