Bugatti Veyron Successor: Chiron

Now i know why they want another faster car, they fear that some other car company will take their record and make faster car. Weird.

When is this suppose to release? How come I never heard about this? Also, from reading that, it doesn't seem like they have 'too' much information to give out. A lot of generalizations.

Mentioned on Top Gear once.

They want to get those goals of 2000HP, fastest time around the ring, 1.5s 0~60mph time, 300mph top speed.

I wonder how much investor money will vanish before a single, non-running mock-up is shown off at an auto show and then forgotten.

Gotta love that can-do spirit!

They do have a section for "Investor Relations". They care!

What I really love is the CARB-approved quad cats and CARB-approved fuel saving power booster. Wow. Now I know this is 100% legitimate.

[/sarcasm]

After Super Veyron i think next step will be RedBull X1 real car with real gran turismo performance :mischievous:

Bugatti has made the "greatest" teaser ever :dopey:

From Bugatti facebook page

The stage is set.
It’s almost time for us to share the latest example of exceptional Bugatti performance, simply keep a close eye on Facebook over the next few days.
Bugatti-Veyron-Teaser%25255B3%25255D.jpg

:lol:

I wonder if this could this be the rumored supersaloon that might actually turn a profit for bugatti, or an evolved Veyron?

If the Facebook teaser is for the rumoured SuperVeyron, it could be a response to the fact that the Veyron SS was recently stripped of it's speed record by Guinness World Records.

Jalopnik article here

More realistically, it could just be another special edition Grand Sport.

Autocar
Bugatti has confirmed that it is preparing to reveal what it describes as "the latest example of exceptional performance", with reports suggesting the car will be a world record breaking version of the Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse.

Although Bugatti has only issues a mysterious teaser shot and short statement about its intentions, a set of grainy pictures have leaked on to the internet revealing a car that appears to be called the Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse World Record Convertible (WRC). The reports suggest the pictures, leaked on Mileson-QC, were revealed by a potential customer for the car.

Adding strength to reports that the car will be revealed at the Shanghai motor show, it is said to have been driven by a Chinese driver at 254.069mph at Volkswagen’s Ehra-Lessien test track, making it the world's fastest convertible.

There is a long history of Bugatti Veyron special editions, which tap in to the wealthy owner's desire to own exclusive versions of hypercars.

bugatti-vitesse-world-record-convertible-002.jpg

If the Facebook teaser is for the rumoured SuperVeyron, it could be a response to the fact that the Veyron SS was recently stripped of it's speed record by Guinness World Records.

Wait........If this has been known for the past 3 years, why is it only now that they stripped the car of its record?

it is said to have been driven by a Chinese driver at 254.069mph at Volkswagen’s Ehra-Lessien test track, making it the world's fastest convertible.

Who would ever drive 250 mph with the top down?

That's right, no one. Moving along now...

I'm sorry, but I just can't bring forward any interest in the Veyron. None of those 250 mph hypercars really. I only like the Venom GT because it's completely bonkers. For some reason I feel absolutely nothing for the Veyron.

Wait........If this has been known for the past 3 years, why is it only now that they stripped the car of its record?

Hennessey apparently complained that Bugatti decactivated the 258mph speed limiter so it could do its 268mph runs.

Quote from the Jalopnik article

“It has come to the attention of Guinness World Records that there was an oversight in its adjudication of the ‘Fastest production car’ which was set in 2010 by the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport,” said Jaime Strang, PR Director of the company.

“As the car’s speed limiter was deactivated, this modification was against the official guidelines. Consequently, the vehicle’s record set at 431.072 km/h is no longer valid. Following this, Guinness World Records is reviewing this category with expert external consultants to ensure our records fairly reflect achievements in this field.”

SO they are essentialy beating their own record?

It's unknown if Bugatti actually tested the top speed of the Grand Sport. This special Grand Sport Vitesse is likely the only indication of the latter car's top speed with the targa roof on.

SSC back on top?!

The Venom GT is the one on top since it's top speed was verified at 266 mph at the end of it's run compared to 256 mph from the Ultimate Aero. There's no word when the Tuatara will arrive.

It's unknown if Bugatti actually tested the top speed of the Grand Sport. This special Grand Sport Vitesse is likely the only indication of the latter car's top speed with the targa roof on.

Oh thanks for info 👍

The Venom GT is the one on top since it's top speed was verified at 266 mph at the end of it's run compared to 256 mph from the Ultimate Aero. There's no word when the Tuatara will arrive.

Oh thanks for info 👍

But it was just one run rather than the two runs required, so take it with a pinch of salt, just like the others.

Except it's not because Guinness wasn't there & they did all 4 runs in the same direction, and it's not known if they were done one after another, or separately.

Regardless, the Veyron remains on top. The F1's record was allowed for years without question, so the Veyron's is just as valid. This is just John Hennessey being a butt hurt ass trying to beat it.

Except it's not because Guinness wasn't there & they did all 4 runs in the same direction, and it's not known if they were done one after another, or separately.

Regardless, the Veyron remains on top. The F1's record was allowed for years without question, so the Veyron's is just as valid. This is just John Hennessey being a butt hurt ass trying to beat it.

Fair enough. I was a little bit dismayed at the Veyron SS story after the Venom GT speed runs since all it really took was some number tweaking on a computer to deactivate the limiter. What's done is already done and the Veyron will still remain as king IMO.

Back