Bugatti VGT? #imaginEBugatti (Update 15/9: So many screenshots!)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 1,061 comments
pb5
I'm not convinced we'll get any more VGT's at all in GT6.

Highly doubt it, way too late in the cycle now at 2+ years old on an old console. I said it before but except any urgent or critical bug fixes I don't expect any further updates to GT6.

they have a gt6 build running on ps3 with Hyundai VGT, updated Nissan VGT and Toyota S-FR '15, if they wanted they could release them
Yeah, but the problem is that they wouldn't want to. They'd want a carrot to dangle for people to go out and buy a PS4 for GT Sport.

Yeah, but the problem is that they wouldn't want to. They'd want a carrot to dangle for people to go out and buy a PS4 for GT Sport.

Well to an extent, don't they already have a couple of carrots in those new cars shown in the PGW teaser? The fact that GTS looks to be the first game to feature the 2015 Audi R8 LMS seems to be a pretty big enough carrot.

Well to an extent, don't they already have a couple of carrots in those new cars shown in the PGW teaser? The fact that GTS looks to be the first game to feature the 2015 Audi R8 LMS seems to be a pretty big enough carrot.
Yeah but the bigger the carrot, the more people are tempted.

At the IAA Bugatti stated that the entire idea of the concept is to make the car and the brand accessible to "70 million" car fans, to me that implied pretty clearly a release in GT6. Making it the carrot so people buy the next console and game is missing the point. Plus it makes no sense since GT Sport won't release soon enough for the car to be new. That said, since it still hasn't been released, it won't happen on PS3 anymore.

At the IAA Bugatti stated that the entire idea of the concept is to make the car and the brand accessible to "70 million" car fans, to me that implied pretty clearly a release in GT6.
Why? There's not 70 million copies of GT6...

There's 70 million copies of Gran Turismo games in total - which is what "70 million" refers to, though to be honest it's a bit of a reach to suggest that each was bought by a different person.

Why? There's not 70 million copies of GT6...

There's 70 million copies of Gran Turismo games in total - which is what "70 million" refers to, though to be honest it's a bit of a reach to suggest that each was bought by a different person.

Well, duh. I knew quoting that figure will have someone react. His words, not mine. And Kaz' words quoting the install base of "70 million" PS3s.

Edit: It was actually Jim Ryan, CEO of SCEE, who quoted "70 million" PS3 units as install base for GT6. GT5's last sale numbers update put official GT sales at 68 million, internal numbers at the time of the Bugatti reveal must have been higher than 70 million since we learned this December it's now over 76 million total. So to me it's clearly a reference to PS3 units and implies the car was planned to come to GT6.

Last edited:
Well, duh.
Next time leave that crap behind. This is GTPlanet, not Youtube.
I knew quoting that figure will have someone react. His words, not mine. And Kaz' words quoting the install base of "70 million" PS3s.

Edit: It was actually Jim Ryan, CEO of SCEE, who quoted "70 million" PS3 units as install base for GT6. GT5's last sale numbers update put official GT sales at 68 million, internal numbers at the time of the Bugatti reveal must have been higher than 70 million since we learned this December it's now over 76 million total. So to me it's clearly a reference to PS3 units and implies the car was planned to come to GT6.
To you, Bugatti's statement that it was bringing the Vision GT to 70 million fans meant the 70 million PS3s Jim Ryan mentioned in 2013, not the ~70 million GT franchise sales at the time of Bugatti's statement? Seems a reach, but fair enough - if you keep in mind that it is just to you and not an expectation to hold PD to that you will then later batter them for, despite not being anything to do with them.

I say "fair enough", but of course I actually read the statement. Here's the relevant part where Bugatti mentions "70 million":
The Veyron series, which was limited to 450 vehicles and is now sold out, has been delivered to a small group of selected customers. This is in contrast with millions of Gran Turismo fans, the PlayStation franchise having enjoyed over 70 million units sold since its inception in 1997. “For Bugatti, cooperation with Polyphony Digital is the perfect opportunity to make the brand accessible to a large number of people of all generations,” Dürheimer adds.
To me that's clearly a reference to Gran Turismo's sales figures.

That written statement makes it a lot more clear than what Mr. Dürheimer said in the IAA presentation.

What a moot discussion anyway. If it was truly about reaching as many fans of Bugatti as possible it should have been a release on both games and both consoles, but I suppose it's silly to take PR talk literally.

GTS wasn't announced in August, Vision GT was and still is a GT6 project (the page explicitly promises all VGTs are coming to GT6) and the previous Vision GTs came to 6, so there was no reason for me to assume it won't still appear in GT6 until further notice.

Last edited:
Maybe they will use the bug together with the other VGTs for a standalone championship on GTSport, altough i'd have liked the bug to be released on Gt6. I wonder how it would fare on the ring with the citroen and few other beasts really:drool:

Pity nothing materialised with this Bugatti Vision GT car. since it was expected to be released since last year It's a car I would have like to buy.

Pity nothing materialised with this Bugatti Vision GT car. since it was expected to be released since last year It's a car I would have like to buy.

Wut?

The thing only got fully unveiled about 4 months ago, and never had a confirmed release date, let alone one for GT6...

Considering it's featured prominently in the teaser I'm about 100% certain its intended for GT Sport and GT Sport alone.

Wut?

The thing only got fully unveiled about 4 months ago, and never had a confirmed release date, let alone one for GT6...

Considering it's featured prominently in the teaser I'm about 100% certain its intended for GT Sport and GT Sport alone.

From what I recall it was expected to be released/become available in GT6 VGT garage last September 2015.

Why does everyone care about it so much? The actual veyron is bad, and this is just a racecar veyron.
Case closed

Edit: By actual I meant the veyron in the game.

Last edited:
Why does everyone care about it so much? The actual veyron is bad, and this is just a racecar veyron.
Case closed

It's a Vision car, and they've all been impressive so far, at least in my opinion. Let's not forget the fact that they actually built one of these, and it isn't just a model; you can drive it.

The actual veyron is bad

This phrase annoys me so much that it's not even funny.

Firstly, I'm pretty sure that you haven't driven a Veyron outside of a video game, and secondly, why is it bad? Is it because of 'understeer'? Because lets be real, people seem forget that the car has in excess of 1000hp, so you'll be gathering speed and going into corners much faster than a normal car.

Pity nothing materialised with this Bugatti Vision GT car.

It's coming in GTSport, judging by the trailer.

This phrase annoys me so much that it's not even funny.

Firstly, I'm pretty sure that you haven't driven a Veyron outside of a video game, and secondly, why is it bad? Is it because of 'understeer'? Because lets be real, people seem forget that the car has in excess of 1000hp, so you'll be gathering speed and going into corners much faster than a normal car.
Well, to be fair, it under-steers at all speeds when you haven't tuned it, but it doesn't do so (as far as i know) in real life.

The Veyron's actually a pretty safe car for it's PP, it's really fast and you have to mind that when going into corners but braking makes it so easy to turn due to how loose it gets.

People are just salty about S-5

Back