Call of Duty 2016 Infinite Warfare// Cod4 Remake

You know it's funny we're all criticizing the game that we have seen no gameplay of no multiplayer no zombies and assume everything is the same I'm not saying peoples issues aren't real all I'm saying is why don't you wait to you see something other than just a campaign mode before you make conclusions everybody is assuming and you know what that means I just say wait be patient if I'm wrong that's fine but wait and be patient do you have more credible information Black Ops 2 was criticized and dislike the same way before it came out and now it is extremely loved just waitnow back to overwatch lol
Punctuation, do you understand it?

Alright here's my personal opinion, in USD Infinite warfare and CoD 4 Remastered is $80. Wanna get scammed? They honestly could sell each separately for $60 each. Also, I don't care if IW is awful, I'll throw it in the trash. Or, Maybe IW MP is fantastic and everyone wants to hate on a game that isn't out for 6 months. And, for $100 it's Infinite Warfare, IW Season Pass, and CoD 4 remastered. $50 for season pass, $60 for each game, that's $170 of content for $100. I personally can not believe how many dislikes the official trailer has, my honest opinion is that "ridiculous thrust movement" is in campaign, we can't judge how good a game is going to be in May for a Nov. release.

Edit: Potential 1 month early release for CoD 4 remastered, PS4 only. Sony has a deal with CoD now for 1 month early DLC, there was a leak about release of CoD 4 remastered was going to be released 10.4.2016 per XBOX ONE Store, but they soon changed it back to 11.4, Perhaps CoD 4 remastered will be treated as such "DLC" for PS4 and Ps4 users who pre-ordered CoD IW Legacy/Legacy Deluxe Edition will get CoD 4 on October 4th?

Edit #2: Also, Oct. 4th is a Tuesday which is general release of games. ALSO, pre-order the game!!! (At least put $5 down to reserve) for a beta likely to come this summer, perhaps July/August

You know it's funny we're all criticizing the game that we have seen no gameplay of no multiplayer no zombies and assume everything is the same I'm not saying peoples issues aren't real all I'm saying is why don't you wait to you see something other than just a campaign mode before you make conclusions everybody is assuming and you know what that means I just say wait be patient if I'm wrong that's fine but wait and be patient do you have more credible information Black Ops 2 was criticized and dislike the same way before it came out and now it is extremely loved just waitnow back to overwatch lol
Going off past practices, and their inability to offer anything really innovative through out its life, it's very easy to come up with a concern for the next iteration. When they do find something to do different, they just jump onto the same old tactics. They brought in this exosuit/future stuff and now its the next thing they're going to ride into the ground as its already spanning over multiple titles. A lot of people just don't care for zombies in general, and I'm one of them, so not seeing it is not a problem to me because I've never liked them in the first place.

The waiting game is not a good excuse for this series.

Will probably skip this one since CoD4 Remastered only comes with the special edition of Infinite Warfare. Plus IW basically just went full Halo for this game.

COD4 remastered only comes BUNDLED with Infinite warfare? One side of my brain tells me it's weird they went that far to make money and boost sales, the other's telling me it's typical Activision nonsense.

COD4 remastered only comes BUNDLED with Infinite warfare? One side of my brain tells me it's weird they went that far to make money and boost sales, the other's telling me it's typical Activision nonsense.

Since the general reaction to BF1 has mostly been "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY," "GAME OF THE YEAR," and "RIP COD," I have a feeling that Activi$ion is freaking out right now and desperate to bring back their fans. I bet they will sell MWR separate from IW soon, to ensure they'll make some profit this year.

You know the series has gone downhill when they resort to forcing you to buy their new game in order to get a not quite complete re-master of Cod 4, because lets be honest no one over the age of 12 is gonna buy it because they want Infinite Warfare...

You know the series has gone downhill when they resort to forcing you to buy their new game in order to get a not quite complete re-master of Cod 4, because lets be honest no one over the age of 12 is gonna buy it because they want Infinite Warfare...
Im slightly interested more gamplay will help make my determination im 38

I think the big problem with the COD series is the annual approach.
That seemed like a good idea back when they were maxing out sales on stuff like BO2 (with like 20+ million sales). However, when you have a huge hit that people could easily enjoy for more than a year and you kill it so you can release another game that basically erases the player's progress... Well, that doesn't work very well.

Players start asking, why should I buy this new game? I liked the old one and they just ruined that for me, should I buy the new one just to have that ruined a year from now?
No... I think I'll take something like BF instead, something where I can play for more than a year because the game sticks around and I just get a new expansion or two along the way (people still play BF4 lol).

Of course, this is all just IMHO and being the old man I am, I doubt many agree with me. However, something has got to take the blame for the lacking sales of the last few games (if not sales then atleast the long-term retention of players).

That said, ATM atvi has a great opportunity because BF is going back to WWI and I suspect there are going to be plenty of people who don't want to go back in time quite that far. WWII? Sure, SMGs existed, actual fighter airplanes existed, lots of the modern tech was there.
WWI on the other hand was very, very different in both the guns infantry soldiers were using as well as the vehicles used. At the end of the day, WWI was horrific in a very different way from WWII and a big part of that was trenches and gas.
Not sure any one told EA but trenches and gas aren't exactly what many of us consider good ground work for competitive multiplayer. ;)

Bottom line: If COD can capture some of what made them great previously while BF is experimenting with retro-warfare, it could work out really well for the boys at ATVI.

He was talking about the business decision though. If you enjoy the gameplay thats fine.

Also your age doesn't matter at all.
He say no on over the age of 12 is buying the game because of infinite warfare thats why i put my age.

Just checked it out. Modern Warfare is only a pre-order bonus, and Infinite Warfare literally looks exactly the same as Advanced Warfare. At least Black Ops III took a more stylistic approach. It seems in pursuit of innovation the series became stale again.

So go ahead and Exo-hit that dislike button.

Its ONLY a pre-order bonus?! Wow, that is ridiculous. Activision you have done ******* it up big time 👎

Dan
Since the general reaction to BF1 has mostly been "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY," "GAME OF THE YEAR," and "RIP COD," I have a feeling that Activi$ion is freaking out right now and desperate to bring back their fans. I bet they will sell MWR separate from IW soon, to ensure they'll make some profit this year.
The voice of the internet is vastly different than the voice of reality. Of the past six years, Call of Duty was the best-selller for 5 of them (being beaten out by GTAV in 2013).

Each year people get angry on the internet because Call of Duty does something they don't like.

• Modern Warfare 2 had backlash because of the lack of dedicated servers.
  • Black Ops had backlash because it was Treyarch.
  • Modern Warfare 3 had backlash because some people thought it was 'too similar' to MW2.
  • Black Ops II had backlash because it 'wasn't Call of Duty' even though the gameplay was solid.
  • Ghosts had backlash because the multiplayer was too samey and awful PC optimisation.
  • Advanced Warfare had backlash because it 'wasn't Call of Duty'.
  • Black Ops III had backlash because it was 'too sci-fi'.
I'm not saying it's the same groups of people saying this, because it's not. But every year Call of Duty is hated on yet every year millions of people (most of whom are older than 12, I'll assume) buy it.

Worst case scenario is Battlefield 1 will have slightly more sales than Infinite Warfare.

Last edited:
The voice of the internet is vastly different than the voice of reality. Of the past six years, Call of Duty was the best-selller for 5 of them (being beaten out by GTAV in 2013).

Each yeah people get angry on the internet because Call of Duty does something they don't like.

• Modern Warfare 2 had backlash because of the lack of dedicated servers.
    • Black Ops had backlash because it was Treyarch.
    • Modern Warfare 3 had backlash because some people thought it was 'too similar' to MW2.
    • Black Ops II had backlash because it 'wasn't Call of Duty' even though the gameplay was solid.
    • Ghosts had backlash because the multiplayer was too samey and awful PC optimisation.
    • Advanced Warfare had backlash because it 'wasn't Call of Duty'.
    • Black Ops III had backlash because it was 'too sci-fi'.
I'm not saying it's the same groups of people saying this, because it's not. But every year Call of Duty is hated on yet every year millions of people (most of whom are older than 12, I'll assume) buy it.

Worst case scenario is Battlefield 1 will have slightly more sales than Infinite Warfare.
FTFY

I guess there is a lot that don't like the new game.
Lots of dislikes on the trailer and from Marketing says the unusual high number of dislikes is not concerning at this time. Which I think the whole ever year new COD path needs to kinda not happen.

I'm 19 and I'll admit I was most into CoD around 7th/8th grade (13/14 yrs old) which was MW2, Bo1, etc. When AW came out, I loved it! Honestly, everyone in the community wanted change, so a complete overhaul of the movement system was changed. Exos made it insanely difficult to keep up with an enemy, made an entire new aspect to juking players out, out-maneuvering opponents, etc.

Ghosts, literally everyone "hates" ghosts, but what was wrong with it? Seriously, PS4 graphics were fantastic, boots on the ground classic CoD, guns were fairly balanced, maps were larger than most CoD games but the amount of times you'd get strikezone in mp it didn't really matter anyway.

So, all in all, at 17/18 yrs old, AW wasn't bad at all, none of my friends disliked it (same age if not older) ffs even my dad played AW with me, he was top 1k in Domination ovrall.

My dad is 44 and has played CoD since PS2 days CoD 2, 3, CoD 4 MW, WaW, etc. Played Black Ops 2 and Ghosts the most if I remember correctly. I swear to god he was a legend @ BO2, was 179th OVRall on CTF, was an amazing strategic player. Asked him about AW/BO3 a few hours ago and he'll admit it was much better boots on ground but to learn the movement system is fun and to play a fresh, new, CoD every year is more fun than trash patches/updates/map packs.

I think people hate on CoD way too much, and seriously I'm not a "fan boy" or band wagon guy, I've just genuinely enjoyed every title every year since MW, and honestly for $80 we get 2 CoD titles? How are people complaining about that?

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 2.27.25 PM.png

I am happy about this.

I've just genuinely enjoyed every title every year since MW, and honestly for $80 we get 2 CoD titles? How are people complaining about that?
Because it's a HD remake of a (nearly) decade old game that instead of being available for 15-20 EUR/USD is now coupled with a game that has very little to do with what CoD used to stand for?

Last decent CoD IMO was BO2 (though I wouldn't mind if I never saw a QTE in a game ever again). DICE is showing perfectly that it's possible to stay true to a franchise, yet expand it in several (all very different) ways.

That said: all that matters to Activision are sales, and this game will sell well, no doubt. They won't give a crap about YT vid likes. :D

I've just genuinely enjoyed every title every year since MW, and honestly for $80 we get 2 CoD titles? How are people complaining about that?

Well, last gen Medal of Honor had a remastered Medal of Honor Frontline in it, for the normal price... Was a mind blowing remaster? No, but was a full game that came as an extra with the main game, with "ok" graphics, but a story driven game, that we were used to in the ps2 era. So, it would be worth atleast 10$, and they didn't charge anything for it.

As for COD in general, I loved the PS2 games. The more recent ones, never suited my style. For online mode, they are too easy to be good at, and if you are not good, just use aim assist and any OP weapon and there you go. The feedback that I get from COD players, is that everything outside of COD in the FPS genre, is too hard, so they don't bother to try and challenge themselves. Every single one that goes from COD to BF, just goes nuts, "it's too hard", acting like in war there are no vehicles, too much happening around them. "Battlefield sucks, COD is more realistic."
Everything is too simple, no recoil, no destruction, you don't feel you are in war. I mean, how hard can it be to give some sort of destruction on the maps? It's not like the consoles have a lot to process, no over the top graphics, very few players, small maps...

And then you have these futuristic games, with jet packs, jumping around... honestly I don't like it, not the futuristic side, but their interpretation of it, their way to grab everything they can from other games/cinema, and just glue everything together "Here you go, exo suits, robots and spaceships! Next game? RoboDinosaurs!". I like that things make some sense in a military point of view too.

I myself play CoD/ Battlefield, the div, racing games (PCars, GT, etc.) GTA, Rocket League, and between all of them (more or less between CoD/BF) I'm damn good at both. I do get what you're saying, but if CoD turned into BF, BF would be better than the "wannabe BF" that CoD would do. So no destruction maps, no vehicles, etc. but I also agree with them keeping it BOG warfare (boots on the ground)

Back