Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,301 views
You weren't the only one having a bad night, I just could not find a rhythm even after I got out of the lagfests I had to deal with when playing with you & co a6m5. I kept joining games mid way when the team I'm on has already as good as lost and then they were camping never going out for the objectives. It was infuriating to say the least so I think I'll be giving up for a while now.
Last couple of nights, I've had to hardcore camp at times, because I've been in domination(damn you, Azuremen! j/k). I know how the game works, but I don't. The rhythm is all wrong for me in the domination matches, so if I maneuver around the map, I am as good as dead. Even when I camp, all I can do is minimize the deaths, but it's still better than nothing. Total noob. :D
 
Last couple of nights, I've had to hardcore camp at times, because I've been in domination(damn you, Azuremen! j/k). I know how the game works, but I don't. The rhythm is all wrong for me in the domination matches, so if I maneuver around the map, I am as good as dead. Even when I camp, all I can do is minimize the deaths, but it's still better than nothing. Total noob. :D

Domination is where I shine. I am very use to objective based gameplay from my years and years of Counter Strike. TDM throws me off because the respawning is all over the place... too often I find someone behind me for no frigging reason.

EDIT: It appears there is still some infinite care package/emergency airdrop glitch. I just joined a game in Afghan of domination, where, in under 3 minutes, 5 emergency airdrops came in at once... while there was constant air support up for the enemies. And yet, I had not seen a single actually enemy or been killed by anything other than air support...
 
Last edited:
Respawning isn't all over the place at all, the fight goes back and forth and designated spawn points. Play TDM long enough and you will know all the spawn points. The only time they change is if a member of your team is camping out and you will respawn around him.
 
Domination is where I shine. I am very use to objective based gameplay from my years and years of Counter Strike. TDM throws me off because the respawning is all over the place... too often I find someone behind me for no frigging reason.

EDIT: It appears there is still some infinite care package/emergency airdrop glitch. I just joined a game in Afghan of domination, where, in under 3 minutes, 5 emergency airdrops came in at once... while there was constant air support up for the enemies. And yet, I had not seen a single actually enemy or been killed by anything other than air support...
Yeah, I think they found a new way to glitch it. Refuse 1.08, maybe? I entered a game with emergency packages all over the place.

I'm getting really sick and tired of this game. Glitches, strobe-like video, people flying through my bullets to stab me and the 'unable to migrate to host' is getting ridiculous. I'm think I'm going to quit for good. I'll take a break for a while and see if I feel like playing some more.
 
Im not having any of those issues on 360.
 
Remove care packages and emergency airdrops from the game until they can fix them for good, I say. Same goes for tac insertions.
 
People flying through bullets to stab you from across the room, I love that one. I wish IW would give me a real gun, not the airsoft bb guns. Just might be what I hate the most about this game.
 
Play HCTDM and you don't have that issue. In fact, it's the complete opposite. I killed someone on Favela from the top of the hill, while they were laid on the ground by a car right at the bottom on the other side of the map.

In one shot.

With a USP.
 
Yes there is yet another infinite glitch, for the THIRD time. It is damn easy to do once you know how, I tried in private match.
 
That's because HC pretty much counteracts the damage dropoff with range - if the gun does > 33 damage or > 24 (Stopping Power) at range, it's a 1HK to the chest/limbs in hardcore. The guns with ranged damage < 24 are the M4, ACR, F2000, the SMGs bar UMP and the machine pistols bar M93. All pistols are a 1HK chest shot at range in hardcore, and a headshot from any weapon at any range is a one-hit kill.

It's also interesting to note that the Masterkey does 1 damage at 40 metres. :lol:


Legend - care package/emergency airdrop? Even more reason for IW to pull those two KS rewards from the game until they're fixed for good.
 
Yes Sharky, the air drops.
 
Deary me. Infinity Ward, Infinity Ward, Infinity Ward... next time you patch something, do it properly. Please.

It took two patches to "fix" the Models, and now it'll end up being three patches for the airdrops :/
 
I swear my K/D ratio went down after having just gone up even though I was positive all night...
 
What I would like to see, since IW can't seem to fix the glitches and strobe-like video, is the slow down of some of these fast running perks. Seriously, people running through your gun fire and still being able to slice you is lame. I suggest an effect that slows down your movement speed, much like a stun grenade or bomb dropping near you. That might sound too drastic, but something similar needs to be put in place.

Oh, and how are they glitching the care packages now?

EDIT: Here's how...

 
Solid, you are mostly complaining about Commando. Lightweight only boosts speed by 8 to 10% depending on your weapon.

The glitch is similar to the last one. It is fairly easy to do and doesn't require any crazy tricks or level stuff to pull off. It hasn't caught on as much yet and hopefully they patch it properly, since it is very much the same faults in the game code, just accessed differently.
 
Last couple of nights, I've had to hardcore camp at times, because I've been in domination(damn you, Azuremen! j/k). I know how the game works, but I don't. The rhythm is all wrong for me in the domination matches, so if I maneuver around the map, I am as good as dead. Even when I camp, all I can do is minimize the deaths, but it's still better than nothing. Total noob. :D

I know what you mean, I try to stop myself doing it but if your teams all camping (like every single damn team I've had in the past 48 hours that isn't a party!) you have little choice but to camp to an extent.

Meanwhile, noting the brackets above, I've had real big trouble trying to redeem myself from last nights 'poor' (ie worse then KDR) showing and it wasn't going well really, I kept dropping and dropping getting around 1-2 Ratios which is by no means bad but not good enough when you were 3.1 the night before. I dropped all the way to 3.05 in just an hour or 2, managed to redeem back to 3.07 until...

Afghan Ground War Domination, I set my killstreaks very, very aggressively and threw my trusty silencer out the window for a game and my oh my was I on fire. At first I struggled to find the enemy, as did everyone infact, then I started picking a couple of, 4 before moving away from the central area from fear of death, just my luck I turned to see 1 running to where I was back facing me, I decided to wait just incase and whadda ya know, his buddy came round as well, 2 easy kills. I was now 1 away from my first streak reward, harrier (those of you who know me know what that means my last one is), the next corner left me head to head with an ACR behind a wall V my M16 in the open, first burst goes between his eyes and then the destruction begins. My harrier manages about 10 kills (don't ask me how!) whilst my chopper gunner has barely entered the airspace and I took another 3 myself and another 10 or so from the chopper gunner before it was downed meaning yup, you guessed it, I had a tactical nuke. I saved it, carried on my streak getting my new best of 38 before being shot in the back, I soldiered on for a while hoping for more but kept getting cut short on 6. Near the end I had another harrier and died before I called it in but someone else on my side was closing in on their nuke so I turned the key and ended it on 57-4 (50-3 before nuke).

I now know for sure it is possible to get your harrier and chopper even if you have the nuke ready which I wanted to test so I can go on a mission for a double nuke to see what happens. Oh and I'm back on 3.1 :sly:
 
Solid, you are mostly complaining about Commando. Lightweight only boosts speed by 8 to 10% depending on your weapon.

No, it's both, plus Marathon.

Again, with the glitches and choppy video, it's impossible to aim for these fast runners.
 
Marathon does not increase speed, fyi. And I have no clue what this choppy video you speak of is. It plays crystal smooth unless I have a terrible host...
 
I have Marathon (pro), Lightweight and Commando (pro) all on one class - my riot shield class :lol:

I played a couple of games of Demolition last night, because some people in our group are averse to any other game mode apparently. I have no idea why people like it.

First up, softcore damage NFTW - 4 shots with a silenced, FMJed EBR should be enough to put two people down, not one into Final Stand, and 2 to the head ought to be 2 kills, not barely one. Sureshot had to put four from his HBAR to down me. Four!

Second up, defending is too easy. No teamkills means grenade spam. I just used my psycho bomber class - AR with noobtube, Thumper, claymore, frag, Scavenger Pro and Danger Close Pro. Chuck in something explosive to the target, kill. Wait five seconds. Repeat, occasionally picking up fresh grenades from a fallen comrade. There's just nothing tactical or interesting about it - to kill with bullets you need luck (like all softcore games) and the rest of the time it's just explosions and dicks with DCP.
 
Marathon does not increase speed, fyi. And I have no clue what this choppy video you speak of is. It plays crystal smooth unless I have a terrible host...

I know what it does. Unlimited speed.

I tried the CP glitch and couldn't get it to work. I had nobody on my friend list who was playing, so I had to try it in a regular game. I think I was about to get it to work, but the game ended.

For the most part, people don't know about it yet, but give it time.
 
Well I may have started to turn my game around last night (and as soon as I say something about it, it will likely sour again :lol:). I played four games of Domination. The first game was not that great and ended around a 0.75:1 K/D. My second game I think I finished at about a 7-1-7 and finally got myself back to a 1:1 K/D in a game. The third game was something like a 10-1-9. My last game was my best and ended around a 10-2-7. Right now, any improvement in how I play feels great, especially with how bad of a streak I was on.
 
No, it's both, plus Marathon.

Again, with the glitches and choppy video, it's impossible to aim for these fast runners.


You need to look at your set up because your the only person experiencing "choppy video", and fast runners? You don't turn into the Flash when you are using Lightweight and Marathon pro, I have never had a single problem killing or aiming or anything in between with people using them. When they had that and the carepackage glitch it made it slightly hard to hit them but not ridiculous. You always seem to have a complaint or a problem with the game thats keeping you from doing well, if its that bad just sell it or put it in the microwave.
 
I think I just played in the most mismatched game ever. I was the only one that wasn't at least a level 16. Needless to say I got slaughtered, it didn't help that I've never played that map before. I just feel bad for the rest of the people that were on my team.
 
Ive been in a few games to where 80 percent of the opposite team were all under lvl 20 and most of my team were about the same, I raked up :) Felt bad for most of them though, they were so new and mostly just stupid that when I got my chopper gunner they were just running around like chickens out in the open with me ripping them up. Go inside and just sit for a minute guys was what I was thinking but hey if they want to run around out there I will sure give them the Pushing up daisies title.
 
At least I know I'm smarter than some people when it comes to this game.:lol:
 
I have Marathon (pro), Lightweight and Commando (pro) all on one class - my riot shield class :lol:

I played a couple of games of Demolition last night, because some people in our group are averse to any other game mode apparently. I have no idea why people like it.

First up, softcore damage NFTW - 4 shots with a silenced, FMJed EBR should be enough to put two people down, not one into Final Stand, and 2 to the head ought to be 2 kills, not barely one. Sureshot had to put four from his HBAR to down me. Four!

Second up, defending is too easy. No teamkills means grenade spam. I just used my psycho bomber class - AR with noobtube, Thumper, claymore, frag, Scavenger Pro and Danger Close Pro. Chuck in something explosive to the target, kill. Wait five seconds. Repeat, occasionally picking up fresh grenades from a fallen comrade. There's just nothing tactical or interesting about it - to kill with bullets you need luck (like all softcore games) and the rest of the time it's just explosions and dicks with DCP.

I thought they said Domination, so went along with it. It'd be so much better if it was hardcore, my FUBAR has stopping power pro on it as well. On that map, at one point I was 4-2-24, which was why I resorted back to my FUBAR. It's probably the most dull game type out there, unfortunately.
 
I don't see whats wrong with 'softcore', I have tried normally ARs without stopping power, like the ACR, M4, SCAR etc. and it doesn't take very long to down someone even when firing as if in single shot at range. I'm not to hot with the semi-auto snipers, but I tried the silenced EBR with CB pro and downed most guys in 2 shots or a head and I think it's constant regardless of range with a sniper.

I personally find that the unrealistic ease of aiming and movement is balanced out in terms of gameplay by the unrealistic amount of health and 'aids' like the map. That said I have nothing against hardcore save the over campish ways you sometimes come across.
 
I don't see whats wrong with 'softcore'

It exaggerates perks and differences in connection.

Say you fire off 7 rounds. Connection's a little squiffy, but 2 hit, the guy's down and dead. Doesn't matter who you shot or with what.

Now in softcore you fire off 7 rounds. Connection's a little squiffy, but 2 hit. The guy's still running. Unless you have stopping power and he's been hit recently, in which case he's down. Though if he has painkiller, he's still up. Oh and by the way, he's closed the distance and has just knifed you in the penis. G'night.


I have tried normally ARs without stopping power, like the ACR, M4, SCAR etc. and it doesn't take very long to down someone even when firing as if in single shot at range. I'm not to hot with the semi-auto snipers, but I tried the silenced EBR with CB pro and downed most guys in 2 shots or a head and I think it's constant regardless of range with a sniper.

First softcore game I ever played, I shot a guy across the map at Highrise - windows one side to windows the other, so no more than 100yd - with a Barrett .50 cal in the head. And he kept going.

Silenced, FMJed EBR last night at Demolition I put three into the chest of a guy I play with a lot and he was still up long enough to knife me, and two into the head of a guy defusing the bomb before he died. Sureshot got 2 HBAR rounds into me once and I noobtubed him before any more reached me - 2 HBAR rounds should be death, and probably for anyone standing behind you too - and I was only packing SitRep, Danger Close and Scavenger.

I just can't stand how many rounds it takes to even stop someone in softcore - and I couldn't in COD4 either. Nearly snapped a controller clean in half in a private game through frustration with how feeble the guns are.
 
Back