Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,305 views
12/10 is 1.2 KDR. To stay at 1.70, you'd have to be having 17/10 games, not 12/10. ;)
 
Am I Wrong in thinking if I was say for example 12/10 that it shouldn't drop?
Yes. 12/10 is a KDR of 1.2. So if your KDR is higher than that (say 2.0), it should go down.

EDIT: Sharky. types faster than a shark. ;)
 
With this game, connection can turn total crap. Your game can also go crap, or you can totally be outclassed, too. If you are an average player(most players do suck), you can easily go 2-20, or 20-2. It's just so random. And Solid, challenging anyone won't do any good, because 1-on-1 is a totally different game than say a team deathmatch.

When I'm having a bad game, I just try my best to minimize the deaths. Couple of times in MW2, I've 🤬 stayed put, sat the last minute of the match out with cold blooded perk, so I can help my team win. This 🤬 had my number with akimbo 1887, he 🤬 me every 🤬 time I took a step. Oh, I'm so over it now.

That 🤬 piece of 🤬 !

:lol:
 
I always thought so long as I was positive it should stay where it was. That was just an example I dont remember that score but I was doing pretty well in more games. I was 15/5 in one game for example.
 
Good playing with some of you guys though. Azuremen and I were doing laps on wasteland which was going well until this guy kept taking me out. Thats when I lost it and said just about every bad word I could think of :irked:
 
If I'm such a 'bad player looking for ****ing excuses' then tell me why, on occasion, I can score 24-3 or 31-4? Did I magically get briefly better? Lucky?
Yes, its pretty much magic. EVERYONE has a good game, EVERYONE has a bad game, you cant stay consistent, it has NOTHING to do with the connection what so ever and what are they going to do, patch the inconsistency in your score? I have nights where I go 40 - 2 and I have nights where I go 2 - 10. Thats how it goes, if you dont like it dont play it.

How come, I've offered to play with you guys, in the past, yet few takers, if any? I once interloped on one of your private games recently and came out on top with the best kill-death ratio. Do I still suck? No. I know I'm an 'OK' player, and not the best. But, that's certainly no excuse to go 11-34 on some games, now is it? The games I do that poorly in are the games that have the most "LAG," "magic bullets" and choppy (i.e. strobe-like video), yet I'm just ranting and finding excuses? Absurd.
You can have one really good game and one really bad game, as I said that is how it works. No one here on GTP judges you if you have a bad game once and noone will judge you if you have a good game. The GTP game may have had a better connection but if you dont run and gun the connection really doesnt make a difference. If you join a one bar game and choose to stay in (it is your choice) then you deal with the problem of dying in 1 on 1 encounters.

Magic Bullets are caused by lag as I am sure you know by now, the choppy video, I am sorry, HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME!!!!!!! Its the damn host, its not the game. If someone cant host then they can stream you through smoothly and it will do that, Infinity Wards way of fixing that is by booting the host and choosing a better one, that works almost 90 percent of the time.

OK, I have to check my router for the NAT type. I once had a problem with the game not allowing me to play because the NAT type was 'too poor' and it didn't 'accept the packets needed' to continue, whatever the hell that means. I did some research and found nothing that helped me. I came here to ask for help and got nothing. So, once more, where can I go to learn what NAT type means and what's the function so I can better understand what it is and what I can do to improve it. If I can get anything more than just vague answers, maybe I can find a solution. BTW, my NAT type is always 'moderate' and again, I have no idea how to change it to improve.
Sometimes my type will be open, most of the time it is moderate. If the game isnt accepting your packets it is either you having issues with the host or your own connection. To possibly raise your NAT type I would recommend forwarding the ports on your router as Sharky has said.

I wanted to know if there was any correlation between connection speed and service, as well what router and NAT type people had. Very few bothered to list the information. So, research was finished. You were no help.
So many people post in this thread, several pages a day and you are taking it out on US?!? We cant read every post amidst the arguments that go on daily. I for one skip the huge walls of posts if it is an argument, if your post is in the middle, I am sorry but I didnt see it, we dont just ignore people here.

I realize most of you just don't give a crap. I also think most of you are just as clueless. OK, I'll go elsewhere. In the meantime, I challenge any of you to a fight. I again, challenge any of you to join me in a challenge online with battle against another clan or team. You can see for yourself how well or poorly I do.
No thanks, if you host I will get hit by *takes a breath*, teh magic bulletz. If I host you will more than likely come here and keep telling us about how faulty the game is.

In final comment, I'm sick to death of the problems and inconsistency with this game. I think it's just time to move on. However, sometimes this game can be fun, but the bad is ruining any of the fun I'm having and nobody is of any help.
And you have said it again...
The game doesnt have many problems, if it does they get patched, if they happen again they get patched again. If there are major problems they may occur in 2% of games, if you get stuck with it unlucky, just leave. There isnt going to be much inconsistency to bother you if you connection is fine, the hosts is fine and you live in the same country. If it bothers you that much, move on, alot of people here are having fun and if it isnt your cuppa tea than dont bother trying to drink it. As for your final statement, we help, this forum is here to unite people and HELP people. If we dont help you we probably dont see or read your post.

Sorry If I at all sound harsh in this post but when I argue, I argue.
 
Last edited:
I don't think i've had any games with US GTP'ers where we've all had decent connections. I know when i've been in a party with a6m5 or Azuremen either they've had a poor connection or i've had a poor one. Yet when i play with any of the UK members the connections are usually similar. It can make a massive difference in a game if you are lagging, especially in close quarter enviroments.
 
Solid Lifter ; You make some good points, and its not ranting, IMO only way to see who is best in COD is in LAN match, so none can take advantage over better connection. I see it so often in free for all, host winning by huge margin, time after time and I have bin there myself getting 30 something win streak because I was host..bullets hits intant insted of 0.2-0,3sec lag wich is a HUGE advantage
 
Last edited:
@Solidlifters: I have that alot too, but I think that half of the time I am the host because in GT5P I was the host 9/10 times. But it's very annoying. I come around the corner and see him for a couple of tenths and I'm dead. I look at the killcam and he saw me for 2 secs. I think I have profited of it myself also, but it's less obvious when you're the killer. It's quite irritating that it happens but I can live with it LOL.
 
Open ports in your firewall (if you have one) and your modem/router. As soon as I opened my modem's ports, I went from strict NAT to open.

You need to open these ports:
TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478 -3479
UDP 3658

There's a pictorial guide at http://portforward.com/ - look for your modem/router in the list, and then search for Playstation Network. You can usually ignore the bit about static IPs, I ignored it for my modem and it still worked fine.

Since other games usually require different ports, I stuck my PS3 in the DMZ of my router, giving it unrestricted access to the internet (note: the vice-versa is also true ;)).

Also, lag is always an issue with P2P-based online games. The only person with no lag at all is the one hosting the game, thus gaining an advantage (0 ping) over people joining from other locations. This could also be a reason why you score excellent one time, and suck another.

And guess what, there are even people deliberately downloading stuff when hosting a game to screw up the connection for others; since it doesn't effect them, having 0 ping on their hosted game. 👎 Lame, I know, but it's quite common (just check some of the SF4 forums).

Now you understand why the pc people got so upset when MW2 didn't include dedicated servers (that don't suffer from the above mentioned crap)? ;)

I can still remember the days playing BF2 completely lag-free on a Netherlands-based dedicated server with a ping of around 5ms, in 2005. Things have certainly 'improved' over the years. ;)

Interesting info, guys. I'll look more into it over the next couple of days. Thanks.

Oh, and my ping has usually been pretty high with Verizon DSL. Well, according to those online speed tests, but I don't know how reliable those things are. With the PS3, they've been very high. I also get a very unsteady test measure. The 'throttle indicator' will pulse like a heartbeat instead of a steady position like with my PC tests. Odd.

And Solid, challenging anyone won't do any good, because 1-on-1 is a totally different game than say a team deathmatch.

It'll at least let them know I'm not bad. I don't think I'm bad and I feel it's unfair to be called that. So, I offered to anybody pathetic enough to call me a bad player. I know it'll change their mind.



Yes, its pretty much magic.

I don't believe in magic.


EVERYONE has a good game, EVERYONE has a bad game, you cant stay consistent, it has NOTHING to do with the connection what so ever and what are they going to do, patch the inconsistency in your score? I have nights where I go 40 - 2 and I have nights where I go 2 - 10. Thats how it goes, if you dont like it dont play it.

The difference between me and you is, when I have a bad day, I know it's either me, usually because I'm tired, or it's a bad connection and I'm dealing with the usual connection problems.


You can have one really good game and one really bad game, as I said that is how it works. No one here on GTP judges you if you have a bad game once and noone will judge you if you have a good game. The GTP game may have had a better connection but if you dont run and gun the connection really doesnt make a difference. If you join a one bar game and choose to stay in (it is your choice) then you deal with the problem of dying in 1 on 1 encounters.

Somebody is judging me, and unfairly. I guess you missed the post by somebody who said I was a bad player just coming here to rant and give excuses?

Magic Bullets are caused by lag as I am sure you know by now, the choppy video, I am sorry, HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME!!!!!!! Its the damn host, its not the game. If someone cant host then they can stream you through smoothly and it will do that, Infinity Wards way of fixing that is by booting the host and choosing a better one, that works almost 90 percent of the time.

It's the game that put that host in charge, then it's the games fault. Migrating the host is usually the sign of death and part of my annoyance. More often than not, migrating a host will just end with me being booted from the lobby.


Sometimes my type will be open, most of the time it is moderate. If the game isn't accepting your packets it is either you having issues with the host or your own connection. To possibly raise your NAT type I would recommend forwarding the ports on your router as Sharky has said.

I will be looking into what he said. My NAT types have only been 'average,' 'moderate' or 'low' with one time being blocking from the game because something was 'wrong' with my modem/router. They've never been 'open.'

So many people post in this thread, several pages a day and you are taking it out on US?!? We cant read every post amidst the arguments that go on daily. I for one skip the huge walls of posts if it is an argument, if your post is in the middle, I am sorry but I didnt see it, we dont just ignore people here.

I read what everybody posts, just to know what's going on. But, that's just me, I guess. This explains why you missed when somebody unfairly judged me.


No thanks, if you host I will get hit by *takes a breath*, teh magic bulletz. If I host you will more than likely come here and keep telling us about how faulty the game is.

It was one of your private games that I earlier admitted to interloping. So, I've played against you and scored the best kill-to-death ratio. There was no serious issues with lag during that game you hosted.

On you second comment, I'm beginning to not enjoy my greater successes because I feel I had an unfair advantage due to a proper internet connection, when it's obvious my opposition did not. How I feel is the same with using cheats. I don't feel good about winning if I have to cheat, and the same goes for others suffering from what appears to be a lousy internet connection.


And you have said it again...
The game doesnt have many problems, if it does they get patched, if they happen again they get patched again. If there are major problems they may occur in 2% of games, if you get stuck with it unlucky, just leave. There isnt going to be much inconsistency to bother you if you connection is fine, the hosts is fine and you live in the same country. If it bothers you that much, move on, alot of people here are having fun and if it isnt your cuppa tea than dont bother trying to drink it. As for your final statement, we help, this forum is here to unite people and HELP people. If we dont help you we probably dont see or read your post.

Sorry If I at all sound harsh in this post but when I argue, I argue.

If you don't read my posts, then it's obvious why I haven't had much help.

Your post isn't harsh, but it does absolutely nothing to help me.

@Solidlifters: I have that alot too, but I think that half of the time I am the host because in GT5P I was the host 9/10 times. But it's very annoying. I come around the corner and see him for a couple of tenths and I'm dead. I look at the killcam and he saw me for 2 secs. I think I have profited of it myself also, but it's less obvious when you're the killer. It's quite irritating that it happens but I can live with it LOL.

I can't 'live with it' anymore. It ruins my fun to know I can't have a level playing field when playing this game. Both at disadvantage or advantage.

I'll try the port settings and try to get my NAT type to 'open' to see if that helps. If it don't, I'm done.
 
I'll try the port settings and try to get my NAT type to 'open' to see if that helps. If it don't, I'm done.

To be honest that sounds like your only problem, my NAT type is always sat at open but the one time it wasn't my connection was horrible in every game. Almost made me snap my controller 👎

On another note, does anyone else find the Tar-21 to be a headshot machine? :)
 
It's official, man. Well, almost. I'm like the MW2 curse-machine!

Last time, it was Dragonistic. This time, my PSN buddy since the CoD4, Bizzar. He's pretty bad ass. He's a run 'n' gunner, yet, he maintains second highest k/d on my friends list. And that's only second to CoD killing machine, Drag, who is at k/d of over 3!

So last time, it was me+Azuremen+Dragonistic. I'm thinking we are going to KILL the other team. While we did alright collectively, we also struggle a bit. Tonight(more like this morning), after Icarus left, I felt little shorthanded with just me and Azuremen, so I invite Bizzar. I don't think we've played together on MW2 yet. So it's me+Azurement+Bizzar. I'm thinking we are going to KILL the other team. First couple or so goes OK, then BAM. It was brutal. Not even close, we were struggling just to come out with even k/d ratio. I honestly can not remember the last time we played against such superior team. Finally, both Azure & Bizzar suggest we leave lobby, I was about to suggest it myself, so we pork chop sandwich(get the 🤬 out). Second game, not as brutal, but still get our behinds kicked pretty hard.

After Bizzar left, me & Azuremen kept on running this marathon, but it was average to worse, mostly. Why!? Impossible! :(
 
Your NAT doesn't have to open to have a good connection, moderate is ok but open is just best. I have my ports fowarded and all and mine is still moderate and I don't have the lag problems anymore like I did before. If you get your NAT problems straight and you are still having a problem then its somewhere else in your network, its not the game, and if you look through all of that and can't figure it out go to gamestop and sell them MW2 for a non multiplayer game.
 
After Bizzar left, me & Azuremen kept on running this marathon, but it was average to worse, mostly. Why!? Impossible! :(

Because I wasn't playing along with you.

Lol.
 
Does anyone else find that whenever you use a class
that has no stinger/javelin, not a single other person has one?

Having used a stinger on pretty much every class since
I hit level 32 each prestige, its started to annoy me =/
 
I was just thinking about hopping on and getting some games in when I got a call for some work. Looks like I'll be gone all night :ouch:
 
I don't believe in magic.
Neither do I but there is no better way to describe, maybe luck?

The difference between me and you is, when I have a bad day, I know it's either me, usually because I'm tired, or it's a bad connection and I'm dealing with the usual connection problems.
The first reason is fine, the second is not. By bad connection, do you mean one bar or two bars? If that is the case and you dont like it, leave. If you get a bad connection say, 5 times in a row then it must be your connection, in those 5 games it would almost definately found a low ping game for a normal player with a steady home connection.

Somebody is judging me, and unfairly. I guess you missed the post by somebody who said I was a bad player just coming here to rant and give excuses?
Didnt miss it but I didnt read it.


It's the game that put that host in charge, then it's the games fault. Migrating the host is usually the sign of death and part of my annoyance. More often than not, migrating a host will just end with me being booted from the lobby.
A common cause of the game migrating and getting "choppy video" is because the host was fine when the game chose it but then someone else in the host's house has jumped on youtube or something and whored the connection. I will admit, maybe, 30% of the time the migration doesnt work but at least we have it, at least most of the time the game doesnt end abruptly.


It was one of your private games that I earlier admitted to interloping. So, I've played against you and scored the best kill-to-death ratio. There was no serious issues with lag during that game you hosted.
Let me explain this one, me and two mates are on Rust testing the infinite care package glitch again to see if it is easy to do. You come in assuming we are killing people and start killing everyone, then more friends join and after somewhat calming them down and basically shouting at you to stop shooting you keep shooting. That there has put you near the top of our leadboards obviously without many deaths. Mean while the rest of us have snipers out having a bit of fun, you forced us to change guns and finish it (could have ended it but meh), obviously after all of our dying trying to do it (and me trying to show my mate) you were going in for a high score. Understand now?

The only thing that I can say is good about you joining our private game is that you can now tell me lag wasnt too bad. The thing I want patched most in this game is being able to press "Join Session" on a friends private game, it has to be the worst thing they enable people to do.

On you second comment, I'm beginning to not enjoy my greater successes because I feel I had an unfair advantage due to a proper internet connection, when it's obvious my opposition did not. How I feel is the same with using cheats. I don't feel good about winning if I have to cheat, and the same goes for others suffering from what appears to be a lousy internet connection.
As I said above, we werent really stopping you from winning till near the end as we were doing something else.
 
a6m5, we did have some rough games, but we also kept getting amazing noobs paired with us too. I remember one of the last games on Wasteland, some guy was 4 and 25 I think. Or this guy that kept in my area that I manage, but he was using some unsilenced Berret, causing people to get into cover because he couldn't seem to hit them half the time. Because for that game, where I went 4-2-1, I was doing around a KD of 10 on Wasteland.

That one team on Rundown was just intense though. Part of it was just there mix of players, some runners, some snipers. Snipers would get us when we were in the open to avoid the runners, and vice versa. Plus we had people just giving them kills again, which didn't help us at all with them having kill streaks.
 
Im hopping on now if anyone wants to add me for a few games.
 
That game on Rundown was BS. I almost left when I saw the entire team was one whole clan but I decided to stick it out with you guys. I don't rage quit much but I couldn't do anything that game without dying.

And why wouldn't you take that guy out on wasteland? He was crouching in that trench and I couldn't take him out but I saw you were right behind him in that house.
 
Probably was. M21 that I use on wasteland takes two shots.

Man, the F2000 and I have a hate/love thing going on. The climb on it is insane but the rate of fire and stopping power it has are insane as well.
 
Because I wasn't playing along with you.

Lol.
You messed up our holy trinity, damn it! :lol:
Does anyone else find that whenever you use a class
that has no stinger/javelin, not a single other person has one?

Having used a stinger on pretty much every class since
I hit level 32 each prestige, its started to annoy me =/
Actually, when I notice more is when I have the stinger, some jerk shoots them down just seconds I get mine off. And when I don't have the stinger, nobody else does!

Not all the time or anything, but I notice this alot. :lol:
a6m5, we did have some rough games, but we also kept getting amazing noobs paired with us too. I remember one of the last games on Wasteland, some guy was 4 and 25 I think. Or this guy that kept in my area that I manage, but he was using some unsilenced Berret, causing people to get into cover because he couldn't seem to hit them half the time. Because for that game, where I went 4-2-1, I was doing around a KD of 10 on Wasteland.

That one team on Rundown was just intense though. Part of it was just there mix of players, some runners, some snipers. Snipers would get us when we were in the open to avoid the runners, and vice versa. Plus we had people just giving them kills again, which didn't help us at all with them having kill streaks.
All that is true. The backstory about our horrible sniper on Wasteland is actually pretty funny. :lol: Way I look at it though, with me, Bizzar and you, we should've been able to carry the noobs. Thinking back, when Icarus played with us, I think us three were in top 3, sometimes, only team members with positive k/d. I just can't remember the last time I was up against such superior competition, that team who killed us I think 3 in a row. Probably dates back, WAY back in earlier days of CoD4. I very rarely see you struggle in your k/d that much, and Bizzar, I've never seen him struggle back-to-back. Actually, almost never. Me, well, I'm off & on & off. :p
 
Man we had a good run last night! I'm glad you guys have moved on to TDM. Not that I don't care for Domination, I will play from time to time, but those Ground War games just take forever. I had a few horrible games, mostly because I was being retarded and working on Danger Close...and I really don't care for Quarry. Not sure if/when I'll be on again tonight, but I'll be good to go when I am.
 
We had another pair of guys with X-Ray vision tonight - shooting people through the walls of buildings without at any point seeing them (sometimes as they spawned). It's getting kinda tiresome.
 
Man we had a good run last night! I'm glad you guys have moved on to TDM. Not that I don't care for Domination, I will play from time to time, but those Ground War games just take forever. I had a few horrible games, mostly because I was being retarded and working on Danger Close...and I really don't care for Quarry. Not sure if/when I'll be on again tonight, but I'll be good to go when I am.
Yeah, we usually play Ground War, so I was pleasantly surprised, when I was invited into a TDM. :D But whatever you guys want to play, TDM or Domination, including Ground War is fine. I just played for few minutes, and I saw many familiar gtp members playing today, including Famine. If you guys see me online tonight, feel free to invite me. Or not. :lol:
 
Footsteps. I've done it more than a few times. My brother and I both use to get in trouble in CS for walling people based on sounds. The hit marker thing in MW2 just makes it that much easier to do.
 
Let me explain this one, me and two mates are on Rust testing the infinite care package glitch again to see if it is easy to do. You come in assuming we are killing people and start killing everyone, then more friends join and after somewhat calming them down and basically shouting at you to stop shooting you keep shooting. That there has put you near the top of our leadboards obviously without many deaths. Mean while the rest of us have snipers out having a bit of fun, you forced us to change guns and finish it (could have ended it but meh), obviously after all of our dying trying to do it (and me trying to show my mate) you were going in for a high score. Understand now?

I'm not going to comment on anything, except the one item. The rest is just beating a dead horse. I don't think your fully 'get it' and it's no point to go on.

Now, the game I joined, it was very clear to me everyone was killing everyone. I shot a dozen people when somebody said, "****, don't shoot me!" The second thing I heard a few kills later was, "Don't shoot!" Neither of them was address to me so I continued.

Third time, you address me as "Solid, you bastard, stop shooting me!" Since I didn't have my headset on, I went to turn it on. In the meantime, I was killed numerous times. I then asked if you can hear me. No response. After asking several times, and after getting no response why I couldn't shoot specifically you, I went back to fighting. I even thought your responses were quit comical. I had no idea which one was you since I was too busy looking for people to shoot.

If you didn't want me to kill you, why didn't you just explain better why it was I couldn't do so? Calling me names and using foul language just made me want to kill you more. If this happens to you again, I suggest you say, "Sorry, bu this isn't a regular match. We're trying to test killstreak rewards. Can you please leave or stop shooting. Thanks." Now, if I heard that from you, I wouldn't have thought you were just getting pissed from being shot. I would have stopped and left you alone.
 
Solid, I think he explained it pretty clearly. And it is obvious when you join private matches that they are just that, because often it will ask you to choose a team. Usually "Stop shooting" would let must people know they should, you know, stop shooting.

And I'm the one that called you on the excuse making, because that is how I see it. And you doing it again above, "you guys weren't clear enough on what your private match was for." I'm just telling you what I see with most of your posts - complaining about this or that in the game. And the games I've hopped in with you, you seem angry and impatient, which doesn't help ones playing.

Like I said, you likely need to adjust your play style. Take more time lining up your shots, work on cover and positioning yourself better, etc. Or you can keep blaming it on the same game we all play, as if it plays differently for you.
 
Back