Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,301 views
I have been just about useless in the game for the past couple of days. Nothing is going my way at all. I have had very few positive K/D games. My negative change in playing may have to do with experimenting with different attachments and different multiple attachments via Bling on the SCAR.

Just thought I would change some things up and try some completely different weapons outside of the SCAR, which is all I have been using lately. I have had a class made for the UMP45 for quite a bit of time now and had not used it. Gave the UMP45 a whirl and did half decent with it.

Then to change it up some more, I decided to give the FAMAS a while. I played three games with the FAMAS and each of them was at least a 1:1 K/D. One of them was a 12-0-7 and my last was about a 5-0-4, which to say the least has been a huge improvement to what I had been doing. There for a few days it seemed I was regularly getting 10-15 kills a match with a K/D between 1.5:1 and 2:1. I may be using the FAMAS more now and see if it grows further on me. I had tried it out before, but could not hit anything with the burst fire. Granted, when I tried it at that time, I was still getting back into the swing of FPSs; now that I am more used to it, I am better able to put my bullets on target and the burst seems to work quite nicely.
 
For higher k/d, weapon-wise, you should go with the flow. Sometimes, you run & gun. Sometimes, you play more defensively. There are more suited gun for your style that day.

But then, you'll have days that your trusty >insert your favorite gun< isn't doing squat. You keep shooting, shooting and nothing. Usually when that happens, I go to SCAR. SCAR has mad stopping power, it is good at getting me out of slumps. M4, it can serve me like an ACR at times. But I finally ditched for good, my last downturn in the game. It turned quite useless on me.

Currently, all my classes are SCAR or P90(silenced). UMP can be a very good submachine gun, but I always seem to fall back on P90.

Edit: But as soon as I get my ACR back at level 48 or whatever, my classes will be dominated by ACR.
 
I'm all about the Famas. I'm using it with the holographic sight and stopping power pro. Just went 20/3 in one TDM match with that setup.
 
I have been just about useless in the game for the past couple of days. Nothing is going my way at all. I have had very few positive K/D games. My negative change in playing may have to do with experimenting with different attachments and different multiple attachments via Bling on the SCAR.


The SCAR is the best gun on the game IMO. I use silencer with scavenger pro, cold blooded pro, ninja pro and claymores. Throw one down in a holding point with two entrances and kill someone and you have one for the other entrance, and everytime someone gets blown away by one you can just get another one from the corpse, rad. I hate how they did away with the standard 2 claymores though, I do like how they did away with the 3X grenade perk and how they took away some of the power they had in COD4 though.



EDIT: You have got to be freaking kidding me. I went into a lobby and the first game went 30-2 which is the best game I have ever had so I thought, hmmm I will put it on pave low, ac, and nuke just to see. So started the next match and got my pave low and held it for a few more kills then used it, got my ac about 20 secs later and found a spot to hide and opened the laptop. Got one freaking kill away from getting my first nuke and time ran out, come on! I had them in my sights and as soon as that trigger was pulled nuke time and the time ran out! I'm not a nuke chaser, that was the first time I have even had it on the list so it was very disappointing.....
 
Last edited:
For higher k/d, weapon-wise, you should go with the flow. Sometimes, you run & gun. Sometimes, you play more defensively. There are more suited gun for your style that day.

But then, you'll have days that your trusty >insert your favorite gun< isn't doing squat. You keep shooting, shooting and nothing. Usually when that happens, I go to SCAR. SCAR has mad stopping power, it is good at getting me out of slumps. M4, it can serve me like an ACR at times. But I finally ditched for good, my last downturn in the game. It turned quite useless on me.

Before switching my weapons up, three of my five classes had the SCAR-H in them. If I was not playing around with the AUG HBAR in my anti-attack class, then the SCAR-H would have been in that class also. I really like the SCAR-H, but for whatever reason right now, it is just not working for me at the moment.

The SCAR is the best gun on the game IMO. I use silencer with scavenger pro, cold blooded pro, ninja pro and claymores. Throw one down in a holding point with two entrances and kill someone and you have one for the other entrance, and everytime someone gets blown away by one you can just get another one from the corpse, rad. I hate how they did away with the standard 2 claymores though, I do like how they did away with the 3X grenade perk and how they took away some of the power they had in COD4 though.

Other than the claymores, I was running the same exact class with the SCAR-H.
 
EDIT: You have got to be freaking kidding me. I went into a lobby and the first game went 30-2 which is the best game I have ever had so I thought, hmmm I will put it on pave low, ac, and nuke just to see. So started the next match and got my pave low and held it for a few more kills then used it, got my ac about 20 secs later and found a spot to hide and opened the laptop. Got one freaking kill away from getting my first nuke and time ran out, come on! I had them in my sights and as soon as that trigger was pulled nuke time and the time ran out! I'm not a nuke chaser, that was the first time I have even had it on the list so it was very disappointing.....
Bummer. :crazy: That is a whole lot closer than I've been to a nuke, but I never gear up for it either. I play small ball. :sly:
Before switching my weapons up, three of my five classes had the SCAR-H in them. If I was not playing around with the AUG HBAR in my anti-attack class, then the SCAR-H would have been in that class also. I really like the SCAR-H, but for whatever reason right now, it is just not working for me at the moment.
Good, that was my recommendation. Go to whatever gun that does the trick for you. Even ACR stopped working for me one time.
 
Speaking of nukes, I hopped into a game with my brother. And he starts of pretty solid, Harriers and then a Chopper gunner... and I realize, he hasn't died yet and I didn't recall a predator missile. Sure enough, he hits 25 kills and bam "Incoming nuke." 25-0-0 when he called it in. Was domination and score was 90 to 60 or something. And I could just hear his room mates over his mic.

Now I need to try for one :dopey:
 
EDIT: You have got to be freaking kidding me. I went into a lobby and the first game went 30-2 which is the best game I have ever had so I thought, hmmm I will put it on pave low, ac, and nuke just to see. So started the next match and got my pave low and held it for a few more kills then used it, got my ac about 20 secs later and found a spot to hide and opened the laptop. Got one freaking kill away from getting my first nuke and time ran out, come on! I had them in my sights and as soon as that trigger was pulled nuke time and the time ran out! I'm not a nuke chaser, that was the first time I have even had it on the list so it was very disappointing.....

Oh do I know that feeling, I managed 24 on Afghan the other night before I decided to turn in a different direction thinking someone would be flanking me when infact they were coming right at me and I got knifed. Unlucky for them though it turns out, I went on to score 52-2 landing another 20 streak with my chopper in the air when score limit hit I was effectively denied from the brink twice in one game but with a score like that you just can't complain.

Unfortunately I got on late tonight so I missed the GTP folk if you were on, but on the plus I had a good nights gaming up another 0.05 on the KDR bringing me to 3.11 and I finally unlocked the Emergency Airdop (it was that or attack chopper or EMP, I don't like packages but compared to those...) and my god your team vultures them so fast. I've only used 1 in the game before going offline, just to try it, I managed to pick up 3, a predator, ammo and pavelow but only just as about 4 of my team attempted to steal the lot.
 
I was looking at your k/d, the other night. You've been on fire! :eek:

I hate the care package thieves, too. I go after them only if: a) the guy who called it in is dead. b) if he lets us know that he is sharing.

Otherwise, I set camp nearby, protect him while he is getting the packages. Am I the only one who does this? Whenever I use care/emergency packages, my teammates either attempt to steal them, or leave me vulnerable. So much for team deathmatch. :lol:

P.S. Now, if you are calling in the package(s) for the other team, then I wait until you come out to get it, shoot you(in the back), take package(s), run. :p
 
See, it's the teammates thinking your emergency airdrops are for them that makes me wish when you call in a care package/airdrop you get temporary friendly-fire. :lol: Kill the buggers on your team that try and steal your packages. :D

I'll admit, when I see a friendly airdrop incoming, I will hang around the LZ, but only to see what killstreaks are in the crate(s) - curiosity, if you will. I never take them for myself unless the dude that called the drop in is pushing up daisies.
 
I was one kill of my second nuke a while back and got noob tubed after an amazing effort to get to 24. The Chopper only got me to 15 before it was taken down :(.
 
that makes me wish when you call in a care package/airdrop you get temporary friendly-fire. :lol: Kill the buggers on your team that try and steal your packages. :D
Now, that would make for some interesting matches. :lol:👍
 
There should at least be a 5 second delay before others can pick it up, thats enough time to be able to get 3 at least. I do love stealing an enemy one though, best steal so far was getting an AC130 which basically won my team the match :sly: poor guy must have been kicking himself.
 
I was in a TDM last night where two mates that were on opposite teams and they were boosting. When playing TDM there is too much going on to notice if someone is getting killed by the same person so I just happened to come upon them doing it and ruined it every single time :) I followed them from match to match doing it. What was sad is that I still killed them in KD ratio and score and they were boosting! Idiots piss me off doing crap like that.
 
I was one kill of my second nuke a while back and got noob tubed after an amazing effort to get to 24. The Chopper only got me to 15 before it was taken down :(.

It wasn't a 'noob tube,' I was using an AUG HBAR. :D

I've switched from the FAL to the AUG HBAR. The first time I used it, I killed 5 people in a row, in under a minute. I feel in love with it right then and there. However, I'm starting to miss the FAL. The FAL has so much more power and does a lot more damage. However, I love the magazine size of the AUG. It screws up the timing of the enemy. They think I've spent all my rounds, when actually I've briefly stopped shooting to give the illusion I've ran out of rounds. After I briefly stop shooting, I jump right back on the trigger as they come out for the kill. Suckers.

I stand guard for a guy getting a care package, too. They seem to attract enemy attention. Good for a kill or two. Plus, if the guy with the care package gets killed, I'll take it. Also, I don't want the enemy to kill the guy, what usually happens if he's left alone, and get the package. I wont take it unless I think he's dead, or if he tries to kill me with the air drop grenade. If a guy does that, I'll do my best to take away his care package.

I've stopped using care packages because so many times it has been taken away from me by the enemy. Too many a-holes who just leave me to sit there and wait for it by myself. I get killed and now have armed an enemy with something good. I've gone back to using UAV because I find most people aren't using them anymore.
 
For the FUBAR you need grip and extra mags. Along with Stopping Power Pro as a perk, and you're just pure muscle evil!
 
I have stopped using anything lower than 7 on the kill streaks in general now. Tonight I have been tearing it up! Don't know if im just on a roll or if its the internet i got now. I was leaching off wifi from someone playing until today when i got my 12mb connection going, Next week they are updating the system and i will go to 15mb's! Woohoo!
 
I just can't be bothered going after a Nuke, I prefer to roll with my killstreaks low and have them all 3 or 4 times in a match. I've finished games 60-4 because I've used UAV-Predator-Harrier, if I was going for higher killstreaks I probably would of scored less kills overall.
 
I finished a marathon, tonight. Didn't play well, but at least, I got to play with my GTP-buddies. Dragonistic, I hadn't played with since CoD4! Thanks for the game guys, it was fun. 👍
I've stopped using care packages because so many times it has been taken away from me by the enemy. Too many a-holes who just leave me to sit there and wait for it by myself. I get killed and now have armed an enemy with something good. I've gone back to using UAV because I find most people aren't using them anymore.
If you use the air drops in the future, here's what I do: 1) Run to the corner of the map. 2) Toss the 'nade, then hide around something(corner, crate) 3) Before going after your prize, toss a stun grenade(or whatever you have) to the direction where they might try to come get you from.

Also, I lie down to get the items, too.
 
You weren't the only one having a bad night, I just could not find a rhythm even after I got out of the lagfests I had to deal with when playing with you & co a6m5. I kept joining games mid way when the team I'm on has already as good as lost and then they were camping never going out for the objectives. It was infuriating to say the least so I think I'll be giving up for a while now.
 

Fake. That guy answers his message way too quick. I often wait until the match is over to answer my messages. Plus, I've seen this stunt before.

Anybody here ever get a triple kill on a martyr grenade drop? I did last night. They were approaching A while I was trying to secure it. One of them killed me and they all approached. I got 700 XP for that because 'payback' and 'buzzkill' etc.
 
I always wait till the end myself but I dunno some noobs might not know... lol. Theres another vid I watched where the guy tried that but the guy didn't check the message. The guy got tired of waiting so he ran around and stuck some semtex to the guy and jumped off the building... lol.
 
Fake. That guy answers his message way too quick. I often wait until the match is over to answer my messages. Plus, I've seen this stunt before.

Anybody here ever get a triple kill on a martyr grenade drop? I did last night. They were approaching A while I was trying to secure it. One of them killed me and they all approached. I got 700 XP for that because 'payback' and 'buzzkill' etc.
How is it fake? He more than likely fast forwarded the video so we dont have to watch him type. Its on tonnes of other videos similar to that one too.

To answer your question, no. I have never used it and never will, it is the one thing I refuse to touch in this game.
 
Fake. That guy answers his message way too quick. I often wait until the match is over to answer my messages. Plus, I've seen this stunt before.

He typed it in the subject box so it would have come up on the other guys screen without him having to go onto the XMB.
 
Oh, is that what Solid meant, my bad.
 
Damn game keeps crashing on me since the new patch. Anyboddy else having similar experience?
 
I used care packages every game until now and I have only lost maybe 2 so I don't know if you guys that are having trouble with losing them are just throwing them down anywhere or what. I hold on to mine if im in a bad area and then when i get to a part of the map that i have cover and there isnt a fire fight going in i toss it and hide where i can see and then get it. On highrise you can throw them right in the middle of the building and they will drop through the skylight.
 
Sorry for butting into the private game earlier but I had some fun with more GTP'ers. I laughed so much at Venari when I joined, all I could hear all match was "Who's this SweetshopUnion guy?", "Oh MY, Seriously who is he?"
 
Back