Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,361 views
This PSN error is a weird one. I think it might have affected my dvd as well? It took many tries for it to load.
[empty space];3771643
[edit - where can i fall 30 feet or more to drop to my death?
How about off the cliffs in Afghan or off the building in Highrise?
 
Shame, no 4th prestige leveling up at the moment.
 
Shame, no 4th prestige leveling up at the moment.

No 6th here. And I was really enjoying my Akimbo G18s the other day. My room mate has slim and he isn't having any issues it seems, but I'm not about to steal his system to play MW2 :lol:
 
^^I would, unless he is playing it of course. Just out of curiosity, do you both share the same internet connection, if so, how does that go when you are both playing and maybe even hosting.
 
^^I would, unless he is playing it of course. Just out of curiosity, do you both share the same internet connection, if so, how does that go when you are both playing and maybe even hosting.

He has his in his room, and I'm not about to drag it out to the living room.

As for gaming, works fine when we are both online, in the same party etc.
 
the problem is only on the older original consols. The slim versions don't have the issue.

When I did that challenge I did it on quarry. I see most people trying it on the maps you mentioned. I usually kill them and get the assisted suicide points.
 
If anyone here has a slim, I am curious, how many players are online? This will give me an idea of how many 9 year olds have slims, I bet there will be alot, the older veterans have been disconnected. Also, if there is actually alot of people online I can assume a whole lot of kids got them for christmas, this could be interesting.
 
All of this has made me glad I couldn't afford a PS3 before the slim, I still can't afford it now really. When are they going to lower the price on the thing, anyone know? I have really been wanting to play Little Big Planet and Infamous. I am planning on getting one before GT comes out though, all depends on when I buy our roomba. I know, I know, a roomba over a PS3, are you serious? Yeah, I hate using a vacuum and I have to everyday because the kids can't keep food on their plates or even on the table for that matter....
 
Well I have a slim so give me 10 minutes to hook it up and report back.
 
you can't afford a PS3 but you can afford an xbox and xbox live. I fail to see the logic there.
 
6382/47960 total players in playlist
82822 total players online
 
you can't afford a PS3 but you can afford an xbox and xbox live. I fail to see the logic there.


Considering I payed 20.00 for my xbox and tore it apart and applied new thermal paste to fix the RROD it had, I got it way cheaper than a PS3. Got xbl free from selling junk on ebay and using paypal. There you go.
 
My MW2 disc has been in my PS3 for at least two weeks straight :eek:
 
6382/47960 total players in playlist
82822 total players online
Oh god, I bet 60-70k of those are people aged 8-15. Thats alot more than I expected.

Considering I payed 20.00 for my xbox and tore it apart and applied new thermal paste to fix the RROD it had, I got it way cheaper than a PS3. Got xbl free from selling junk on ebay and using paypal. There you go.
My god thats a cheap solution, I am gonna jump on ebay and see what I can see.
 
?? I'm not, just surprised how many players have slims.
 
My god thats a cheap solution, I am gonna jump on ebay and see what I can see.

If you do get one just be careful getting the xclamp off to get to the processor to clean and reapply the thermal, you can scratch the PCB board pretty easy.

you don't have to get all offended.


What are you talking about?
 
Anyone ever watch some of the mw2 videos on youtube? I was watching one and I told the kid he sounded like a woman with how he wouldn't shut up. Hes like yeah will uh maybe I am. lol. hes probably like 15 and hes all like omg why is the sky blue I love this weapon I hate this map why is the grass green omgz...
 
If you do get one just be careful getting the xclamp off to get to the processor to clean and reapply the thermal, you can scratch the PCB board pretty easy.
I had a 360 a couple of years back and the only solution was to literally solder ALL of the solder balls underneath one of the chips all over again, if you inaccurately melted it back on the board you lose. I think we may have gotten it half a millimetre off and I was so pissed to see the red lights again. I looked on ebay and saw you can get them for around 50AUD, I might look into one in the future.
 
I have bought and sold around 10 as of now, I kept 2, just gave my 2nd that I had in the living room to my brother to play since I never play it in the living room. Now I'm wishing I had it in the living room because they incorporated lastFM into xbl so I can jam out to my lastFM stuff on my breakbox.
 
They have lastfm and facebook on the BB nowadays. The things that are hands down better on BB is ( IMO ) the function as a unit in general and the controller. It does way more things and is growing all the time in what it does. I'm not a fanboy so don't start saying that, I just haven't got my PS3 yet. The PS3 has blueray which is capable of producing superior graphics but it just doesn't, just can't see a difference between the two, weird. MS better do something with the format because game makers are having a hard time fitting all the stuff they need to fit on a dvd!
 
can you remember the old days with the old discs? you'd buy a game and it'd come with 2 or 3 discs maybe more.

ah the good old days... snake! I heard about your battle with the sniper and i'ma let you finish but please insert disc two now kthxbye...
 
can you remember the old days with the old discs? you'd buy a game and it'd come with 2 or 3 discs maybe more.

ah the good old days... snake! please insert disc two now kthxbye...

Ha, yeah. Its still like that on xbox, there have been a few 4 disk games:crazy: If those games were on PS3 it would only be one blueray disk, and thats starting to be the issue with the dvd format.
 
They have lastfm and facebook on the BB nowadays. The things that are hands down better on BB is ( IMO ) the function as a unit in general and the controller. It does way more things and is growing all the time in what it does. I'm not a fanboy so don't start saying that, I just haven't got my PS3 yet. The PS3 has blueray which is capable of producing superior graphics but it just doesn't, just can't see a difference between the two, weird. MS better do something with the format because game makers are having a hard time fitting all the stuff they need to fit on a dvd!

Actually, the graphics have little to do with the storage mechanism, just relate to how much data can be fitted. Which yes I guess one could effectively argue that would help with storing textures, but modern graphics depend more on the GPU and ability to handle floating point operations, etc.

The big appeal to the PS3 over the XBOX was the Blu-Ray movies, since at the time I didn't game much when I purchased it.

As a final off-topic note, just take the time to vacuum... a Roomba has its own issues and never quite seem to work how you'd like. Though if you are determined, I use to see them on woot on a regular basis.

Now, back on topic, since I can imagine the mods are going to have a headache sorting out all the tangents in numerous threads from the wonderful PSN errors.

Who here uses Hardline? I've been having this perk grow on me this prestige extensively, as I tend to score much better getting that Predator one kill sooner, as it quickly cascades into a Pave Low.
 
Developers just cant be bothered coding game for the PS3's system, it can make brilliant games but people are just too lazy or dont know how to do so, therefore games a brought down the 360 level and worse because they port them over.
 
my tier two perk is almost always CB pro. Its on at least 3 of my 5 kits at any time. I kinda miss not being able to snipe silenced but it more than makes up for itself when I'm not dying from every predator missile.
 
Back