Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,361 views
Commando is usually the best just because Teleporting 10 feet into someone is always helpful. :scared:

Tell me about it. On Terminal i've been stabbed by someone stood at the top of the stairs of the little outdoor building (the one with the large cylinder on top) just as i ran passed the base of the stairs. Either that or the guy had really long arms. :rolleyes:
 
That crap pisses me off so bad when I'm shooting someone and they teleport through my bullets from forever away and kill me....
 
Happens all the time. Very rarely will I shoot someone about to knife me and actually take them out. Those people must not have commando I'm guessing otherwise they'd be immortal.

An odd thing happened the other day. I was playing TDM on sub base and ran into two guys. Took the first one out but the second had painkiller so of course I died. When I respawned I had been given his gun. Not only had I not died enough to have my death streak but but I don't have copycat on either.
 
I was playing little bit ago and I was up against a team that just loved tents, so the next round I put the tube on the scar and secondary was the rpg and also had slight of hand pro, danger close pro, and I believe I had ninja pro on, doesn't really matter on that perk though. The map was Quarry and the entire team was in that one building at the bottom which you can stand on top of the rail and snipe people or go to one of the two open windows on the cat walk there and do so. I got hit with a fifty cal and the only place it could have came from was the one window with him standing on the rail because I was at the top there close to where you spawn. I went prone and as soon as the red was gone I popped up and shot the grenade into the window and bam, 4 douche bags with one shot. Its pretty far and not a big target to get it in that window either, I was cracking up.
 
I have a good story too, and it involves knifing. Last night, I'm chasing two guys up the stairs to rooftop on Karachi. Just as I'm about to reach the top, one of the guys I was chasing, he's right there waiting for me. I caught him with a AA12 earlier, so I already knew that he'd be ready for me. So we are face-to-face, I pull the trigger on my AA12, then it goes into host migration, as the host backed out.

There we are, just staring at each other, no more than three feet apart. Awkward. :lol: As the countdown begins, I already know that what could be even deadlier than a AA12 at that distance is knifing. Second guy is right behind this SOB, his back toward us.

Game restarts, and within two seconds I have the first guy knifed, then the second dude shot in the back with my AA12. It was one of the most hilarious moments in MW2 for me. :lol:
 
What I hate is when the game ends in a situation like that. I'm always left wondering who would have won...
 
I've had that happen before where I respawned with the enemies class. But it also over wrote my class. Like I had his Intervention and PP2000, but kept my perks. It was just weird.
 
I usually lose in that situation, so I'm somewhat OK with that.

But since CoD4 days, I do hate it when they leave when I unleash hell on them. Usually happens when I'm struggling, too. Finally, I'll start kicking butt, rock 'n' roll style, then 1, 2 minutes in, they end the match. That is not OK. :(
 
But since CoD4 days, I do hate it when they leave when I unleash hell on them. Usually happens when I'm struggling, too. Finally, I'll start kicking butt, rock 'n' roll style, then 1, 2 minutes in, they end the match. That is not OK. :(

I hate that to. The other day before I started using the vector I had a solid 10 kill streak before I had used any of my killstreaks. Eventually the game ended after the host got tired of being shot in the back. :rolleyes:

I've had that happen before where I respawned with the enemies class. But it also over wrote my class. Like I had his Intervention and PP2000, but kept my perks. It was just weird.

I didn't get a chance to look at my perks as the game ended while I was still trying to figure out where my vector went and why I had an AUG.

I made an M16 class the other day. I really really don't see why people like this gun over the Famas. Its ok but just not great. I might be a bit biased as I had well over 1000 kills with the Famas before I prestiged but I'm just not impressed even with stopping power.
 
Your not alone in the M16 vs FAMAS, in COD4 the M16 was just the best thing ever, in MW2 it just lacks power that it should have. Even with stopping power I have had to put double bursts into people, you shouldn't have to do that. The FAMAS on the other hand, I have never had a problem to where I'm just like, ok they should be dead and they aren't.


This thread has slowed to a crawl lately, everyone quit? I'm drunk and fixing to screw up my K/D ratio, I have it at 1.89 at the moment, lets see what it is in the morning....
 
Last edited:
Woohoo, finally re-unlocked akimbo for the G18 :) I had a good few hours gaming, managed to complete the final Scavenger perk challenge (500 resupplies), unlocked Hardline Pro, unlocked FMJ for the G18, completed Stealth II (+ Stealth Veteran title), completed Marksman 7 on the TAR (750 kills) and unlocked the HBS for the TAR :) Plus I levelled from 40 to 43. :D
 
I'm about 50% of the way to stealth IV. Only two of my kits use silencers though my M4 and P90. Thinking of putting it on the staple gun I like to use so much now but I don't want to lose the RDS and lose range.
 
As we all know, the FAL has dreadful iron sights and when you're trying to level it up from "cold" (ie 0 kills), it's a royal pain in the buttocks. Yet somehow I managed to unlock the red dot for it in three games. :lol:

Once you get past the "oh my god I want to tear my hair out these sights are so bad" stage, it's a nice gun. 3HK at any range regardless of attachments and perks, and a 2HK at any range with holo + stopping power (even with a silencer) :)
 
Last edited:
The horrible sights have kept me from using it again after I prestiged. Its amazing how bad they are...
 
There will be double xp at the start of next month.

I just LOVE arguing with 14-16 year olds about heartbeats and thermals. I argue that they are in the game and that if they are you can use them. They arent hax and there is counters for them and being 9th prestige he should know more than all of us. They think I am 12 years old all the time which plays to my advantage. Their friends think it is funny that they are getting their asses handed to them by a 12 year old. All they can do to counter my argument is say shut up. Funny funny funny.
 
Woohoo, finally re-unlocked akimbo for the G18 :) I had a good few hours gaming, managed to complete the final Scavenger perk challenge (500 resupplies), unlocked Hardline Pro, unlocked FMJ for the G18, completed Stealth II (+ Stealth Veteran title), completed Marksman 7 on the TAR (750 kills) and unlocked the HBS for the TAR :) Plus I levelled from 40 to 43. :D
Sounds like me today. Unlocked quite a few attachments. HBS and Thermal for my trusty AUG HBAR. Like 5 more kills till I get Marksman V and unlock FMJ. Holographic and Thermal for the MP5K. Using the ACOG to get the Thermal was rough. Different levels of marksman on a couple other weapons like the M4A1, Stinger and M93. Ranked up to Major. Got Cold Blooded Pro. I could go on, just got did so many things that had me leveling up really fast.

Still so many challenges left to do. I don't see myself running out of things to do in multiplayer anytime soon.
 
I know these type of questions have been asked to death but I'm not going all the way through each page to look for an answer when I can just ask. I have googled it but come up with mixed answers so I will ask the chaps here who actually know the correct answer. Its time to do my second prestige ( thanks again A6.... ) and I am not too far from completing a handful of the perk challenges, do the perk challenges reset when you prestige? These are the only ones I'm not sure if they reset or not, I'm thinking they do but just can't remember. I wasn't going to prestige until a bit after the new maps just because I wanted my full weapons etc. for the new maps but since there is going to be double xp I'm going to go ahead and prestige because that would just be silly not to take advantage of that!
 
Yes the perk challenges reset. The only challenges that don't reset are the ones highlighted in green.
 
Thanks mates, I guess it doesn't matter If I complete them or not now then. I really hate the fact that I won't be able to really get any time into the AK until I get tired of prestige stuff though, its a great gun with extended mags and scavenger pro :(


EDIT: Heres some leaked footage of the new map pack coming! Your welcome gents ;)

http://modernwarfare247.com/news/leaked-video-stimulus-package
 
Last edited:
( thanks again A6.... )
I told you to prestige once! I'm not prestiging for the second time until I'm completely bored. You are on your own, kid! :scared::D
EDIT: Heres some leaked footage of the new map pack coming! Your welcome gents ;)
My coworker showed me some last Saturday, but it was a different one. Looks very cool. 👍 Overgrown & Crash are couple of real solid maps. I still wish they could have included more. Storm does look interesting.
 
Why is it you do crap when people you know are watching? I went 16-2 with the red dot FAL after jumping into a GWTDM (well, I think it was GW) that was around halfway complete (finished with the top score), then a couple of matches later legendary joins the lobby and I go something like 3-16 :lol:
 
StimulusMapPack
($15.00 or 1200 MS Points)
Release Date: Late Spring (end of March - End of May)

Maps
(Follow up-video of leaked photos soon)
Flashback Pack
- Crash
- Overgrown
- Shipment

Stimulus pack
- Complex
- Compact
- Storm

Add-ons to MW2 when Stimulus Pack is Purchased:
- Set of 20 Challenges with unlockable Emblems and Titles
- 3 Perks (see below)
- 5 new Spec-ops missions (Foxtrot)
- several online modes will be added on release of map pack

additional add-on info:

Challenges - The challenges are undetermined (10 Titles, 10 Emblems)

Perks - 3 new Perks
Quickhands: Swap weapons faster Pro: ?
Overkill: Two Primary Weapons Pro: ?
Heterochromiac: Toggle Thermal Vision pro: ?



Spec ops Missions: 5 new cooperative levels Special Operations
Foxtrot (F in the military phonetic alphabet after Echo)
Missions are unknown at this point
not my post found on IW.com
http://forums.modernwarfare247.com/index.php?/topic/18819-dlc-thread/
New perks...is going to ruin the game. Well it looks like MW is been into MW2
 
I told you to prestige once! I'm not prestiging for the second time until I'm completely bored. You are on your own, kid! :scared::D
My coworker showed me some last Saturday, but it was a different one. Looks very cool. 👍 Overgrown & Crash are couple of real solid maps. I still wish they could have included more. Storm does look interesting.


I just clicked over:sly: Whats this kids stuff? I have three of those:rolleyes:
 
A perk for faster weapon swaps? Really? Wow, just make things more noob friendly, now kids can waltz around with their AA-12 that much easier.

And a perk for Thermal vision?
 
I already use it as a primary half the time. The only reason I started using the vector was because I put it on my AA-12 class and ran into someone before I swapped to it.
 
I call BS on the new perks, that's brutally unfair on those to elect to not buy the stimulus package. I doubt IW is that stupid to include something like that in something that is completely optional - and nowhere in that thread did I see proof of those perks being in the stimulus pack.

Same thing goes with guns.
 
I did miss Overkill, but yeah, I concur. This type of greed is a huge turnoff for me.
 
I also doubt they're going to be putting in new perks. Its just another rumor I bet. Something to get the people excited.
 
Moving right along...

Mini-Uzi (any attachment, although I only tried rapid fire and the red dot)
G18 Akimbo

Marathon
Lightweight
Steady Aim or Ninja

lulz will ensue, as this kit is unbelievably hilarious. Screw marathon+lightweight knifing, how about marathon+lightweight + absurdly rapid-firing guns?
 
Back