Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,299 views
Anyone else played this yet then?

dsc00761m.jpg

dsc00762l.jpg


I know it's on the 360 but that topic is dead.


Missed this, I played it a few months ago.
 
[youtubehd]ghAYXRHLUWg[/youtubehd]
 
Perhaps it's the map, or the large number of players although I suspect it's more the fact it's Terminal and the objective is in a frankly stupid location, but that whole game looked just terrible, absolutely awful. I can't think of a map which would make that in anyway interesting unless you play it like a noob.
 
That guy playing is a complete idiot....
 
That guy SUCKS, I have never seen such 🤬 in my life. The amount of multikills and stuff on that mode is crazy.
 
Some more:
[youtubehd]ga58ZsJx2AE[/youtubehd]


Looks like one giant grenade/noobtube fest, tbh...
 
Last edited:
It is an awful game mode, I managed to win that game simply by sitting at the bomb with a riot shield. If they ever fully release it I don't think I'll be playing.
 
Would you say having two nukes instead of one in the level (and your team has to hold both for long enough) would make the game mode any better? Although I do recall 402 saying, via Twitter, that Global Thermonuclear War was never actually finished... which would possibly explain the "sucky-ness" of the game mode.
 
Possibly, yes. The trouble is that to win, all you need to do is be the first team to the nuke. As soon as one team is there it's more or less impossible for the others to capture it, since there is no respawn delay so you can just run straight back to it. I had a game on Skidrow where I was capturing the bomb on my own, then died and respawned right round the corner so just ran back to it with my team mates.

The other game I played was on Wasteland and they decided to put the bomb right in the middle of the bunker. That was impossible to re-capture from the other team. Skidrow was probably the best in terms of gameplay since I ran about the roofs a lot picking off the stragglers while a few team-mates sat at the bomb.

Oh, and if you get an airstrike it's stupidly easy to get massive multiple kills since you know the main routes to the bomb.
 
Anyone ever use the AX pro? I've been looking at the AX 720 a lot but I just found a pair of the pros for a decent price.
 
Gunns from Nextgentactics.com uses AX Pros, if that's any help :lol:
 
Those NGT guys are kinda annoying. I watch a lot of their vids and they have some helpful tips but still...

I just watched a review and they seem really good. Pretty much changed my mind now.
 
Would you say having two nukes instead of one in the level (and your team has to hold both for long enough) would make the game mode any better? Although I do recall 402 saying, via Twitter, that Global Thermonuclear War was never actually finished... which would possibly explain the "sucky-ness" of the game mode.


Sounds like an excuse because the game mode sucks, if it were finished why would they have put it on the disk? Yeah. Whats with all of the TNW stuff? You guys are acting like this is hot off the press new game mode, it was leaked out a good 3 months ago...
 
Alrighty then. Just bought a pair of Tritton AX pros. $160 shipped. Should be here in a couple days.
 
Sounds like an excuse because the game mode sucks, if it were finished why would they have put it on the disk? Yeah. Whats with all of the TNW stuff? You guys are acting like this is hot off the press new game mode, it was leaked out a good 3 months ago...

I only mentioned it because I managed to play a few games of it (Those screens are of my TV, not just random photos), I knew about it ages ago since I play as part of a team. I can't comment for the rest of the GTP members though.
 
Maybe I'm missing something but how come you were able to play it and no one else here I've noticed has? Kind of random.
 
G.T
Maybe I'm missing something but how come you were able to play it and no one else here I've noticed has? Kind of random.


I invited you to play over a week ago on xbl and you didn't respond:sly: Its not a gametype available unless a modder has hosted the lobby.
 
I invited you to play over a week ago on xbl and you didn't respond:sly: Its not a gametype available unless a modder has hosted the lobby.
Ah I was playing with some friends at the time and I'd been drinking. :p

I will next invite you if you want to play. :)
 
G.T
Ah I was playing with some friends at the time and I'd been drinking. :p

I will next invite you if you want to play. :)


I can try, but when I have connected to your games in the past my connection is horrible and I'm no legendary so I can't really play in games where I'm lagging like that. There's that and the fact that you would rape me in a situation where I was the host:O
 
You ain't joking, man. Sometimes, connection speed bothers me, even when I start out with four bars. Legendary, he might cry about lag during matches, but he'll actually come out with respectable score, even in bad games.

Last night, I was actually hosting, and it was slow! That has never happened before. It was exactly like when I had 2-3 bars, by the time I saw them, I was dead. Couple of times, even when I fired first(from my perspective), it didn't even register. :(
 
Most of the time when I would jump in your game I would die before I seen you, but then I would just kill you the rest of the match because I knew where you would go right back to....lol.
 
Am I really that predictable? :crazy:
 
Nah, I was just messing with you. There was one match where you were and I couldn't do anything about it because I couldn't get behind you because of your teams spawn. It was on highrise and you were just perched down in a corner in one of the underground hallways and the only way for me to get you was to come up behind and I just couldn't. I figured after the 2nd kill and half the match had went by I wouldn't have to worry about you being there and I'll be damned if I didn't drop down there and pop....
 
Oh, that definitely could happen. I have two speeds on that map. Go or stay. :lol:

If I'm staying, I would not leave the building. Basically, depending on what the other team is doing, I would patrol the outside windows & the downstairs.
 
Ah yeah I understand.

And I doubt we'd beat you on your host. :p
 
Use the quote, James. It's damn confusing!

......oh. :p
 
Use the quote, James. It's damn confusing!

......oh. :p
Oh crap, lag!!

Haha I was replying to breakpoint - forgot to quote. xD
 
Those NGT guys are kinda annoying. I watch a lot of their vids and they have some helpful tips but still...
My mother hates it when I play one of their videos and she's in the same room as me... lol

But hey, Gunns and Spider are Canadian, I think that explains it :lol: (no offence to any Canucks. lol)
 
Back