Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,326 views
I kept getting this black screen.

That's what happens when your the host. I presume your screen just went black at random for a completely random amount of time. It really sucks which is why I always back out if I host which I rarely do now.
 
I have never had that happen to me, and I have hosted a decent amount. Guess I'm either lucky or I get what I pay for ;)
 
That's what happens when your the host. I presume your screen just went black at random for a completely random amount of time. It really sucks which is why I always back out if I host which I rarely do now.

Ah ok. Thats teh first time it has ever happened to me. There were a hell of a lot of connection probs tonight which sucked. Still great fun as usual though.
Thanks guys! :D
 
I've been having some crazy connection issues recently. I can go into a game and have a 3 or even 4 bar connection and then it will randomly start lagging all over the place so bad I can't even move but I'll still have a decent connection.
 
Fantastic :lol:
What on earth was going on at Subbase by the way? I kept getting this black screen.
On the plus side in that match, when UK rejoined on the other team, I killed him about 4 times with the grenade launcher with 2 being direct impacts :D

And then I blasted you with the shotgun right in your face, so there.

Edit: anyway some good games even when we were lagging bit that's Ground War for you.
Off topic I have had 3 people take me off their friends list because ime mostly playing with the GTP crew,
sad losers.
 
Last edited:
I wish I had a PS3 so I could jam it out with all you guys! I at least have 2 people on xbl I can play from here, well 3 really but James is so far away its almost impossible for me to play with him, and A6 is mostly playing on PS3, and then random is usually playing ground war which I don't like....so looks like I need a PS3....lol. Hopefully I will have one before the next COD comes out and then I will be able to play with everyone, if I had one right now I wouldn't buy MW2 for it because I already have it for 360 and its not good enough to have it on 2 platforms to me.
 
I think I play on both about equally. I've probably lacked up more hours on XBL due to the map pack.

More & more I play, I see how much connection speed can dictate the outcome of my game. When I play bad, almost every match, it's due to opposing team having faster connection. I can tell by studying the replay. Shots I got off on my end are not there in the replay.

And let me share a cool & weird game winning cam from the Sub Base today. As I enter this room, I'm sweeping across with my rifle. I see no one, I start to turnaround, and I'm shot close range with a shotgun. My screen is all red, I knife in the direction I got hit from, game over.

In the replay, you can see the bastard get spawned in the same room, spot I just checked. He got ripped off, because whatever shotgun he hit me with, it should have killed me instantly. Anyway, it was one of the most interesting replay I had ever seen, and it was my game winning cam. :D:tup:
You will for sure pass both of them when they get banned :)
They sound pretty sure that they'll never be caught. I did catch up to one of them though. I just barely got it up to 2.14, but I am aiming higher. :sly:
 
Can you complete weapon prestige challenges before unlocking the weapon? I'll be hitting my next prestige in a few days and I was thinking I'd try and get a few weapons all to 499 kills before so I can just hop in a game after, get a few kills and get tons of xp.
 
Fantastic :lol:
What on earth was going on at Subbase by the way? I kept getting this black screen.
On the plus side in that match, when UK rejoined on the other team, I killed him about 4 times with the grenade launcher with 2 being direct impacts :D

I simply could not move that match, my connection was slow as it is and then once that all went crazy I could barely walk straight, literally, I was jumping all over the shop so I was a very easy target as I couldn't see people and then bam I'd been shot from direct infront of me because I thought I was about 20 metres away :lol:.
 
They sound pretty sure that they'll never be caught. I did catch up to one of them though. I just barely got it up to 2.14, but I am aiming higher. :sly:


If modding gets bad enough there will be some sort of software they will create to check to see if any files have been modded in anyway, since IW is broken up and won't be making another MW title it won't be happening on MW2, but if it gets this bad with the next COD then I am sure they will start putting the hammer down. And if they are dong the 4th perk and all that crap I'm sure someone will report them that they play with. No matter how careful you are you will always get caught if you are doing something shady, be it in life boosting cars or in video games cheating, it will eventually catch up to you.
 
Can you complete weapon prestige challenges before unlocking the weapon? I'll be hitting my next prestige in a few days and I was thinking I'd try and get a few weapons all to 499 kills before so I can just hop in a game after, get a few kills and get tons of xp.

If you are talking about the new challenges that are added to each weapon after Prestiging for the first time, then yes I believe so.

EDIT: Just looked it up and every challenge item that highlights in green carries over each Prestige.
 
I know that but I was unsure if you could still complete them before you unlock the create a class option.

I started trying knife only this morning. Its ****ing hard as hell. I did complete knife veteran IV though.
 
Prestige Challenges you can gain kills for before you unlock the custom class (Or the weapon at all), I have a bit of a disrepancy because of this, I get the prestige challenge for kills about 10-15 kills before the regular one.

From,
Chris.
 
you know, i have no problems with n00b tubes and rocket launchers as long as they are used properly. splash damage around cover or clearing out a HQ, but, when those are your primary weapons it gets really annoying. its really sad, imo, when the person with the most AR kills/head shots only has 6 kills :|
 
Clearing out a HQ is not a proper use for either, at least not for me.
 
breakpoint: Earlier you said yoou wished you had a PS3 to play with us lot... Don't bother! Everyone was playing Battlefield BC2 tonight!
Its a disgrace...
Just kidding of course guys, I can see why you all played that tonight seeing as what happened on Friday with connection issues etc. :p
 
breakpoint: Earlier you said yoou wished you had a PS3 to play with us lot... Don't bother! Everyone was playing Battlefield BC2 tonight!
Its a disgrace...
Just kidding of course guys, I can see why you all played that tonight seeing as what happened on Friday with connection issues etc. :p


I really don't like that game, its not that it is flawed or anything like MW2, I just don't like it. Its a decent game but the weapons seem to take way too many rounds to kill and you just have this clumsy feel to your character when playing it, its like he is bouncing everywhere etc. Also what really bothered me was the lack of being able to go prone, I mean Really!? Hey look at that sniper crouched over there, yeah too bad crouching isn't a very effective way to hide or to shoot from.....yeah too bad we can't prone?
 
Last edited:
I really don't like that game, its not that it is flawed or anything like MW2, I just don't like it. Its a decent game but the weapons seem to take way too many rounds to kill and you just have this clumsy feel to your character when playing it, its like he is bouncing everywhere etc. Also what really bothered me was the lack of being able to go prone, I mean Really!? Hey look at that sniper crouched over there, you too bad crouching isn't a very effective way to hide or to shoot from.....yeah too bad we can't prone?

Hmmmm I need to try the demo...
 
Just got my Veteran II emblem for the TAR :) Started the afternoon with 866/1000 kills, and finished with 1008/2500 :) I'm only level 54 first prestige too... is that slightly crazy, completing Veteran II/Marksman VIII (1000 kills) in a single prestige?

edit: Oh, and I decided to chuck FMJ on the gun to try and unlock extended mags - started the day with 1 bullet penetration kill, now have 19. I had two epic BP kills in one Scrapyard TDM, one was a hip-fire headshot through the (Dom) B flag end of the sideways fuselage :D Might use Bling (red dot/holo + FMJ) instead of SOH on it for a while, should help in getting more penetration kills as I don't like iron sights on my guns (lol). Plus it'll help unlock Bling Pro, which is an added bonus.
 
Last edited:
Clearing out a HQ is not a proper use for either, at least not for me.

generally i would agree and only use rockets on vehicles, specially if it can lock on. but, its hard to argue against the effectiveness in clearing. its only something i do if were really behind. i prefer killing people with my f2000.

i wanted to get a veteran and/or mastery done before i prestige again and the f2000 isnt given until level 60. Im up to level 64 again so i dont think its going to happen :ouch:
 
Rockets I don't mind because it takes a little bit of skill to line up good shots, usually you hit a wall infront of your target and fail. I've only had a few good kills with rockets and that was when I was trying to get cold-Blooded pro with an AT4.

One epic kill on Sub base one time though, I was using the SCAR, ran out of ammo, ran out of ammo on my SPAS-12 and ran out of ammo on the AT4 after getting 3 kills with it, and then went around knifing 3 people before the game ended. To this day I haven't topped that performance.

From,
Chris.
 
i just had a similar experience. i ran out of ammo with my f2000, blindly fired my at4 as that was all i had and got a tripple kill. so i ran and hid and became a chopper gunner taking my kills up to 20. i ended up 20 and 2.

supper natural achieved! :D
 
Last edited:
Speaking of the AT4:
[youtubehd]BPfQpZmqi2w[/youtubehd]
:D


I shot down a Pave Low and Harrier with one Stinger missile :D
 
isnt it awesome when two people summon harriers to the exact same place :D pave low would take some luck though 👍
 
As it happened, the Pave Low was flying underneath the Harrier when I fired - I can only presume the explosion took out the Harrier as well. :lol: It was on Wasteland, which was doubly convenient :D
 
lmfao - "ill wait for him to run up and ill grab his package!"
 
So, prestiged for the first time a few days ago, now i'm already almost to level 30. Now I need to get the .44 magnum tactical knife, and i'll be happy for now.
 
[empty space];3824023
isnt it awesome when two people summon harriers to the exact same place :D pave low would take some luck though 👍

I've gotten a Harrier and Pavelow with one Stinger several times... trick is to just wait till the Pave Low starts heading towards the Harrier while its flying around. Easier to do with the Javelin, as it has a larger blast radius.
 
I hit the prestige button again tonight. There are 100% more UAVs when you don't have cold blooded.

Just got my Veteran II emblem for the TAR :) Started the afternoon with 866/1000 kills, and finished with 1008/2500 :) I'm only level 54 first prestige too... is that slightly crazy, completing Veteran II/Marksman VIII (1000 kills) in a single prestige?

I've done this with the scar and the famas although the famas was before I prestiged the first time. Not that crazy though.
 
Back