Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,691 views
I hate being drop shotted, the damn lag will kill you. I have spawn sniped someone who drop shotted but died and on the killcam I didnt shoot. It makes you aim for just a bit longer and even if you shoot the bullets, they more than likely dont register and you get owned with a facefull of UMP noob.
 
I don't hold my controller different but I use the standard layout and have no issues with drop shotting, I can't change it to tac because I knife allot and I would rather be able to knife fast in a close encounter.

Thats why I get the best of both worlds, I can knife quickly when need be and drop shot quickly without ever moving my thumb into an unnatural position on the stick. This lets me do accurate spinning drop shots (which really anger people) where a round hits you in the back whilst you're open, I spin and dive to the floor just as I know the enemy is coming into view and fire away. It's not perfect of course it takes a little time but it does work on alot of players. It's expecially amusing when a guy pops up on UAV or something and you know he's about to knife you in the back so you spin, drop and BAM, he hits the ground.

Also, I'm using Default flipped, it only makes sense, triggers = shoot surely?
 
You on tonight Drag? Want to try domination rather than TDM today.
Going to add a sentry gun to my kill streak for domination games.
We should all have sentry guns and place them at the same time. Imagine 5 or 6 of them covering the B flag.
 
I should really be doing some essay work tonight, but will I be? All night? I doubt it. So I'll see about getting on at some point.
 
No worries then.
I used to do all my uni work on the last night I had to hand it in back in the old days and some how still ended up getting a 2.1 degree.
 
I'll be on tonight.
Drag, is this your final dissertation for uni? Just asking cause one of my mates from tennis just handed his in.
 
See you in about 20mins Aldo if your on then.
 
I'll be on tonight.
Drag, is this your final dissertation for uni? Just asking cause one of my mates from tennis just handed his in.

I'm only in first year, so it's not really important at all, just a 2500 word essay. When I hit 500+ I'm gonna head on PSN.
 
See you in about 20mins Aldo if your on then.

Ok I'm on just now, doing fairly alright!

I'm only in first year, so it's not really important at all, just a 2500 word essay. When I hit 500+ I'm gonna head on PSN.
Ahh ok, have fun! :lol:
 
There's the bloody tactical knifers that can run through your bullets and seem to knife with a pike;

Some guy was doing this in one of my games yesterday, he was basically unstoppable but luckily we were still winning. The end of game killcam was him running at me, and me headshotting him from the hip with the TAR-21. Needless to say I milked it, laughing at him, and he got VERY angry :lol: He had a horrible, horrible Scouse accent and said "Add me on Facebook, yeah? See if you're still big and clever then init?" and then backed out. :lol:
 
Is adding on facebook an extra perk he's going to use?
 
Is adding on facebook an extra perk he's going to use?

:lol: He didn't tell me his name so I couldn't do it anyway.

Is it just me, or are 99% of the French players playing MW2 utter morons? They all camp and hide in the stupidest placest, it's absolutely ridiculous. I have NEVER had a good game against French players.

Earlier on we were playing some French guys on Skidrow and one was sat in a plant pot in a dark corner with a SPAS-12 just waiting for people, and the rest were sat in doorways where you couldn't kill them before they killed you. Where's the fun in that? How do they get any pleasure out of playing like that?
 
Thats why I get the best of both worlds, I can knife quickly when need be and drop shot quickly without ever moving my thumb into an unnatural position on the stick. This lets me do accurate spinning drop shots (which really anger people) where a round hits you in the back whilst you're open, I spin and dive to the floor just as I know the enemy is coming into view and fire away. It's not perfect of course it takes a little time but it does work on alot of players. It's expecially amusing when a guy pops up on UAV or something and you know he's about to knife you in the back so you spin, drop and BAM, he hits the ground.

Also, I'm using Default flipped, it only makes sense, triggers = shoot surely?


I use the standard layout on 360 and I can do the same since I drop with my thumbstick:tup: The right trigger shoots on 360 and the left trigger ADS, the right bumper is the nade and the left one is the special, so both index and middle fingers are up there and do something. I really like how the thumbsticks are laid out on the 360's controller compared to the PS3's, I know sony people look at the 360's and think, why in the hell is the left stick up there like that? If you play with it for a bit you will appreciate it being there, its a way more natural position (for me anyways) to have it there then to have it were it is on the PS3.

:lol: He didn't tell me his name so I couldn't do it anyway.

Is it just me, or are 99% of the French players playing MW2 utter morons? They all camp and hide in the stupidest placest, it's absolutely ridiculous. I have NEVER had a good game against French players.

Earlier on we were playing some French guys on Skidrow and one was sat in a plant pot in a dark corner with a SPAS-12 just waiting for people, and the rest were sat in doorways where you couldn't kill them before they killed you. Where's the fun in that? How do they get any pleasure out of playing like that?

Well, sounds like they play accordingly with the same tactics their military has been using for many, many years:lol: I never play with any French on console but when I played on pc when I played other games I would end up matched with them sometimes. And when I was and they would ask if I was american and I would say, yes, then they would start running their mouth about how bad americans are etc. etc. I would end that conversation by asking, So do you guys like speaking french? They would say well, yes, then I would say ok then your welcome because if it wasn't for us americans you would be speaking german right now you prick. You can ask anyone that has played with me, I don't trash talk at all, hell I don't even use a mic because I don't like talking to people I don't know and I like to sound whore:dopey: So I have never asked for it when it comes to people running their mouth.
 
I have played the 360 enough to know about the sticks, honestly I find it's worse because I can't twist my index to the D pad so you're forced to thumb it. I have my controls set up the same way as the 360 version, that what default flipped does, it's essentially default 360, so the stick is still knife. It doesn't make a huge difference I just can't call say my UAV in whilst moving on 360.
 
Don't know my history so may be wrong. If it wasn't fir the French their might nit have been a America but a New United Kingdom .
 
Don't know my history so may be wrong. If it wasn't fir the French their might nit have been a America but a New United Kingdom .


No, it has been here a great deal of time, it was just raped,murdered, and taken from its original owners by white people and now its called america.
 
Is it just me, or are 99% of the French players playing MW2 utter morons? They all camp and hide in the stupidest placest, it's absolutely ridiculous. I have NEVER had a good game against French players.

Earlier on we were playing some French guys on Skidrow and one was sat in a plant pot in a dark corner with a SPAS-12 just waiting for people, and the rest were sat in doorways where you couldn't kill them before they killed you. Where's the fun in that? How do they get any pleasure out of playing like that?

Sounds like when we play Mexicans here. I always see the most absurd BS tactics from these guys, and almost all are 10th Prestige level 70's, proudly boosting [MEX!] in their tags, etc. And then sit in a corner and spam the noob tube, etc.
 
Sounds like when we play Mexicans here. I always see the most absurd BS tactics from these guys, and almost all are 10th Prestige level 70's, proudly boosting [MEX!] in their tags, etc. And then sit in a corner and spam the noob tube, etc.



God I hate playing with non english speaking people in general, but especially mexicans or I should say spanish speaking people. The spanish language just sounds ridiculously fast and confusing to people that don't speak it and for some reason it just annoys the hell out of me. I really don't like not knowing what people are saying either. I speak some german so if I play with germans its not that bad because I can figure out what they are talking about for the most part even if I don't know some of the words etc. I haven't really payed attention to how the mexicans I have played with have played though. The only time I get paired with them is if I play around 3 or 4 am here in Alabama, for some reason at that time I get thrown into spanish speaking only games....
 
While by my observation, also from what I hear from friends, Mexican dudes we encounter generally suck at CoD. Where I disagree is I see plenty different types of players, slow to suicidal run 'n' gun. Just like when I play white people. :lol:

I have a Mexican dude from California on my PSN friends list, I pretty much fell in love with his game in CoD4, he's as good as any run 'n' gunner I've ever seen. Not so much in MW2, but in CoD4, I've seen some Mexican dudes who were unstoppable. So there are some really good ones out there.
 
While by my observation, also from what I hear from friends, Mexican dudes we encounter generally suck at CoD. Where I disagree is I see plenty different types of players, slow to suicidal run 'n' gun. Just like when I play white people. :lol:

I have a Mexican dude from California on my PSN friends list, I pretty much fell in love with his game in CoD4, he's as good as any run 'n' gunner I've ever seen. Not so much in MW2, but in CoD4, I've seen some Mexican dudes who were unstoppable. So there are some really good ones out there.


It doesn't matter the race, it matters the person. That would be like someone saying all black people steal, or all white people cant dance, or all asians are smart, it just has nothing to do with it really. I just hate playing with non english speaking people, no matter what race they are. One main reason is I listen to team mates talk to each other about where a sniper is etc. even though I have no aspiration to talk to them, I still use them to help out my game if possible:tup: If they are speaking what sounds like crazy nonsense to me then that really doesn't help me much:crazy:
 
My bad, I was responding to Azuremen. :p
 
Forgot to say good session with the usual gang tonight, unbeaten until that stupid game on Rundown, put it this way, I died 19 times and 3 of them were from bullets, the rest were mainly grenade launchers plus a knife or two.
 
Man I never use tubes but even I can feel they're like shooting nerf darts. I did manage two back to back doubles on karachi but that was just luck.
 
These guys weren't having trouble with them, I was being one shotted every time as was the rest of the 5 man GTP team. The problem is exactly how uk described it on mic, all they wait for is 'you're losing B' then turn fire and boom, kills.
 
I hate it when I try and tube, get a hit marker and someone else takes my kill while I'm reloading. I'm only using it to get the shotgun attachment for the FAL. Barely half way there after ranking up 5 times tonight. :boggled:
 
I wish that we have a XBL GTP team..or I am missing out.
 
I wish that we have a XBL GTP team..or I am missing out.

Theres me, a6, and random that play on 360. Send me a friend invite and when I get on tomorrow you will then be on my list, I'm sure the other two will say the same:tup: I am growing very, very tired of MW2 though. I hadn't played it in about 2 weeks and I seen a6 was playing so I figured meh I will give it a go, nah, I remember why I took a break from it and went back to COD4:yuck: There is just so much freaking BS in MW2 compared to COD4 its unreal. Even the people that play MW2 play complete cheap compared to COD4. Like tonight when I joined a6, the first freaking match the entire opposite team were all hardcore camping, and camping as a team so you couldn't get close to them without getting just raped, that is so damn annoying its unreal.


I backed out because if I wanted to just sit and look at my screen without doing anything I can just turn it off and save electricity, played a few ok matches and then the last match you couldn't go anywhere because the other team seemed to be nothing but snipers. On COD4 you hardly ever have these problems. If you add me and your playing I will try to join but if I vanish its not you, its because I like to play and relax and if people are being complete wanks then obviously I won't be enjoying myself very much. I am so ready for Skate 3 so I can put this game in the microwave without grief....
 
yeah, i play on the 360 as well (gt is random1self).
 
Theres me, a6, and random that play on 360. Send me a friend invite and when I get on tomorrow you will then be on my list, I'm sure the other two will say the same:tup: I am growing very, very tired of MW2 though. I hadn't played it in about 2 weeks and I seen a6 was playing so I figured meh I will give it a go, nah, I remember why I took a break from it and went back to COD4:yuck: There is just so much freaking BS in MW2 compared to COD4 its unreal. Even the people that play MW2 play complete cheap compared to COD4. Like tonight when I joined a6, the first freaking match the entire opposite team were all hardcore camping, and camping as a team so you couldn't get close to them without getting just raped, that is so damn annoying its unreal.


I backed out because if I wanted to just sit and look at my screen without doing anything I can just turn it off and save electricity, played a few ok matches and then the last match you couldn't go anywhere because the other team seemed to be nothing but snipers. On COD4 you hardly ever have these problems. If you add me and your playing I will try to join but if I vanish its not you, its because I like to play and relax and if people are being complete wanks then obviously I won't be enjoying myself very much. I am so ready for Skate 3 so I can put this game in the microwave without grief....
Just sent nk4e an invite.

I know you were frustrated a bit tonight, but personally, I couldn't stay away for more than couple nights, then come back without getting irritated of matches. That game you bailed out of, it was Bailout. :p And arguably, that is one of the campiest maps in the game(not using the correct word, I know). Like I said in the PM, I think there is a time to run, and time to sloooow it down. Once you get use to the pacing, also adapt to the pacing of each match, I think you'd be fine. I've played with you enough, I know you are good player. And matches we were in, I think you were doing good, and even when you struggled, I think you were coming out around even?

If CoD4 is anything like when I went back to it, I think it gives you a false impression of the whole system, because everyone sucked on there. I felt like I was terminator in the matches I played, and I didn't even have the operation of kill streak rewards, or claymores, straight. When everybody played on there, I recall everyone complained about same things. Camping, noob-tubing, knifing(not to the same degree), magic bullet shooting you around the corner, etc., etc. I would say that CoD4 is great though, and is my favorite game of all-time.

While I'm at it, let me share my frustration with you guys. :D More & more, I'm noticing my slow connection speed. Too often, I notice that my guy sees me before I see him. I put at least 2, 3 rounds in him, replay show that I didn't fire a single shot, maybe one. It's getting harder & harder, trying to come out ahead.

P.S. nk4e, I'll be on XBL for few more days, but once the map pack is released on PSN, I'm headed back to PS3. I only play TDMs, but if you feel like it, feel free to invite us for some matches, or we can invite you. :)
 
Back