Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,637 views
You're at plenty disadvantage while you're being shot at.
 
They can't prone either though, so you're at the same advantage when you shoot someone or even the same person back. There's the balance.
 
but then if you don't know where they are or they're out of range you have no choice but to die. Not to mention how it doesn't allow you to move around for a better vantage point without being seen. Plenty of times in COD I've gone prone near enemies, let them pass and shot them in the back.
 
Plenty of time I've crouched behind cover and let an enemy run by on BC2. Honestly if you can't survive for long on BC2 you're just doing it wrong, if someones shooting you from a hidden position and you're not near appropriate cover which you can sprint to, it's your own damn fault, if you stay near cover which there's more then enough of you can sprint to cover and if the enemy is a fair distance away they will struggle to take you down without a good aim.

I've got away from plenty of encounters on BC2 where someones been shooting me with all manner of weapons and I've just sprinted to something solid, where I'll wait for my medic to heal me or let myself heal slowly. That said I very, very rarely get killed on the move unless I'm moving into the red zone around an objective or chokepoint. The open level design means there's more then enough places to hide without proning, similar there's plenty of ways to get from one place to another unlike COD where there's specific locations you MUST pass through in order to get somewhere which may not be near the objective (not a criticism, just a fact), whereas on BC2 you only have to pass through specific points on very certain areas of a Rush map, usually very close to the objective. There are a couple of maps, one I can think of, which do have bad chokepoints which does suck, and I avoid that particular map for that reason. To put it another way, there's plenty of locations on Bc2 where an objective building can be approached from a near 360 if not 360 degree arc wheres on MW2 the map style is much more linear and you are force through certain areas long before the objective itself. For this reason, as there are so many directions an enemy could be hiding or coming from, prone is not included to give you more chance of finding one another. It works both ways again, you can't prone to hide from a shooter, they can't prone to hide from you and they are often very visible.
 
There really isn't as much cover as you're making it out to be. Being unable to go prone makes you a large target and you stand out like a sore thumb.
 
Then how do I survive for 2 minutes every life whilst holding win ratio of over 2? I'm not outrageously accurate or supremely experienced, and I play Rush more then Conquest, Rush being the more dangerous and hectic of the two. Because I flank and use cover correctly, it's not a case of everywhere is a place to hide in the sense that there's alot of cover, there's alot of cover because you can move much more freely from place to place. There's not that many flat out open areas unless you're on a vehicle section/map.
 
Isn't there a BFBC2 thread somewhere?
 
Isn't there a BFBC2 thread somewhere?

I think so... this thread may have turned into the "Time_Attack's opinion on anything at all" thread though. Just maybe.

Besides, going prone is where like at least half the geometry related glitches come from, such as elevators and it just looks bad when you have some guy prone and he is twitching all over the place because he is one poly off from proper alignment.

Generally only time I go prone is when I am flashed and want to play dead, or reloading, etc.
 
Time Attack, you dont like the game, we understand it. Dont argue that it is a bad game, it is so much different to this and you may not be suited to a slower game type like that.

Enough of it in this thread.
 
The BF series used to be a lot better. Thats all I'm going to say.

What do you guys think about COD7? Is there a thread on that yet?
 
I do remember seeing one actually...
 
Started to use the Intervention last night, and even though it holds less bullets, is a bolt action rather than semi-auto, and has more sway while breathing than the .50, it's been fun. Now i'm quickscoping :D. For some reason, I never could quickscope with the .50, but now, it's possible, and fun!!! I did it about 10 times last night after playing for 2 hours, plus a bunch more awesome ones that would have happeend if it wasn't for my 1-bar connection.
 
After tonights GTP session, I decided to go back to basics after watching some NGT vids last night. I was sat watching the later domination videos and was thinking to myself, that's what I used to do, why have I stopped doing that? So I dived into Domination with my old set ups, Scav, SP, Steady Aim, M16 RD and sure enough 2 easy wins where I just held one flag on my own whilst the rest of my douche team tried to get the third, again just like on the NGT videos. I've set up a quick capture set up for future GTP domination matches, tweaked from my old set up I'll be using Marathon, Blast shield AND smoke this time so hopefully we can get B as I've been saying ironically before seeing the NGT videos to the GTPers, B is key and it was kinda funny when I heard Gunns saying it as well.

What I do want to try is using Tac insertions as well, should be interesting as I've never really used them. If we all followed the advice we could dominate (no pun intended) future domination matches, I like domination as it's multi objective and doesn't become a cluster 🤬 to much and to be perfectly honest I don't see what's boring about defending the flags as I've always said if you want a tonne of kills, TDM is there for a reason.
 
I haven't played MW2 in almost 2 weeks now and I can honestly say that I haven't missed it. I might throw it in tonight and try to play some, I will more than likely get aggravated with it and put COD4 back in though. I have been having far more fun with it than MW2 the last month. I can tell that some people that went straight to MW2 have bought COD4 and started playing it some because of one reason, knifing. As you guys know in COD4 knifing isn't a main play style like in MW2 because of the animation is far slower and there isn't a teleporting perk to make you go through bullets to knife someone in COD4. I can't tell you how many times in the last 2 weeks I have just laughed as someone has tried over and over to knife me from way to far away or just keep trying and I keep dodging it until I get tired of it and just shoot them, pretty funny really. The one thing I didn't do before in 4 that I do now that makes a huge difference is Drop Shots, drop shots have saved me from death so many times in 4 just the last 2 weeks I couldn't count!
 
I've recently started drop shotting alot more myself recently to. I did do it on 4 as well but since getting MW2 I haven't been particularly comfortable with the feel of the game for a while but it's edging back into my game lately. It is useful but I'm still not sure I particularly like doing it, just doesn't suit my style much but I end up doing it out of reactions now.
 
I've recently started drop shotting alot more myself recently to. I did do it on 4 as well but since getting MW2 I haven't been particularly comfortable with the feel of the game for a while but it's edging back into my game lately. It is useful but I'm still not sure I particularly like doing it, just doesn't suit my style much but I end up doing it out of reactions now.


It works really well on COD4, it works well on MW2 but it just seems slower on MW2, not sure if the animation is slower or if its my brain. But I use it allot on COD4 with good results.
 
Yeah. Its typically used when you run up on someone unexpectedly. It gives you the advantage in that you are a smaller target and your shots will be more accurate. It does seem like its a bit slower in MW2 though and it opens you up for that split second it takes for you to go prone.
 
im not so sure about that as ive been dropped by akimbo smg users who were firing as they lay down.
 
You can still fire while going prone. It is a lot harder to aim at the same time though.
 
I find using my crazy hands way of holding the controller, that I have little issue even though I use standard layout. I actually find standard easier to drop shot and such then with the tactical layout which never makes sense to alot of people.
 
Middle fingers on triggers (as you don't need 'nade and shoot/aim on this game at the same time), index twisted onto the face buttons and Dpad on the left, thumbs on both sticks. Essentially that means when I'm in COD mode, I can be moving both sticks at all times as you never need to for be using both R1 and R2 at the same time for example. So I reload, change weapon, crouch and jump with my index finger, not my thumb like most.

For a racing game if there's a custom control option I'll swap shifting to R1/L1 and the gas/brake on the triggers, use my index and middle fingers for all that work and twist if neccessary to operate any control which my thumb isn't free to do (rare).
 
That is odd. I guess if it works it works. You obviously do well with it.
 
I find using my crazy hands way of holding the controller, that I have little issue even though I use standard layout. I actually find standard easier to drop shot and such then with the tactical layout which never makes sense to alot of people.


I don't hold my controller different but I use the standard layout and have no issues with drop shotting, I can't change it to tac because I knife allot and I would rather be able to knife fast in a close encounter.
 
The BF series used to be a lot better. Thats all I'm going to say.

What do you guys think about COD7? Is there a thread on that yet?

So true, the old BF's where the best. Remember BF 1942 and such (Road to Rome). Ah great games, or MOHAA :D

Chris
 
I would've thought most people would use tactical as being able to dive to prone/jump to standing is much more important than being able to knife a fraction of a second quicker... I use tactical and can still knife relatively quickly.

On a completely unrelated note, I finally got around to finishing the single-player campaign on veteran. That was nasty.
 
Drop shots' lost art, or what? I used to see some great players using it in CoD4. I got dropped by lot of them. :lol: In MW2, I've seen the technique just handful of times.
 
Middle fingers on triggers (as you don't need 'nade and shoot/aim on this game at the same time), index twisted onto the face buttons and Dpad on the left, thumbs on both sticks. Essentially that means when I'm in COD mode, I can be moving both sticks at all times as you never need to for be using both R1 and R2 at the same time for example. So I reload, change weapon, crouch and jump with my index finger, not my thumb like most.

For a racing game if there's a custom control option I'll swap shifting to R1/L1 and the gas/brake on the triggers, use my index and middle fingers for all that work and twist if neccessary to operate any control which my thumb isn't free to do (rare).

Ok...

I am not sure if the way I do it is normal but I shall explain:

Cod:

I use the trigger layout "default flipped" which puts the shooting to the triggers which I find easier, perhaps because I was an xbox kid. I have my index fingers on R1 and L1, I have my middle fingers on R2 and L1, these finger have absolutely no reason to move at any time. I have my thumbs on both sticks but unlike most people, when I need to press any of the buttons on the right of the controller, I use both the tip of my thumb AND the ball of my thumb (the bit behind the tip of your thumb) to push the buttons.
Basically, I can have the tip of my thumb still on the stick and use the ball of my thumb to reach X and Square and if I need, I can take it off quickly for triangle and circle.

For GTA: The trigger thing is the same but the button thing is different. If I am walking I will keep the tip of my thumb on square on the ball of my thumb on X. If I need the other two buttons I dont have to move my thumb far at all so it is very easy to get to all of those buttons. While driving I will keep my thumbs on the sticks because the camera is a very important tool to be using while driving.

For racing games, I prefer to use the triggers for accelerating and braking and use R1 and L1 for gears.

Useless information but it could be interesting to compare how everyone plays.
 
i never noticed the dropshots until yesterday in our games. There was alot of it going on but 50/50 with me killing them anyway in that situation.
 
Back