Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,702 views
And especially now that most of IW has left the building I don't see the game getting fixed really. The way the game is right now is the reason I don't play unless someone I know is playing it, then I will give it a go just to be playing with people I know.


@ Mr. V


Did you know they had an option to change where it searched for games first? Like, search locally first etc. Didn't know if you knew that option was there in WaW or not, if not then that might have been your problem because it is set default to search everywhere.
 
Never saw that.. so I can fix it in options then?
 
Aldo I think you were bad luck for me, I was going for that nuke for about 10 rounds, starting with 23ish streaks on the first 2 then nothing much after that. Then you leave and I don't just get 1 nuke, I get 2 on the run as my final 2 rounds for the night :lol:. It's been a long time since I got one, so when it came to the first one, Quarry Domo, in particular I rolled it in the second I saw the thing pop up as I got a little overexcited. The second was flawless on Rundown TDM so I called it in to protect my flawless and to add insult to injury.

That was also my 10th nuke which means I now have the spinny icon, not that I'll be using it. Good games all around though, the twin nukes was just icing on the already sweet cake. I think once we got going only one game irritated me, Scrapyard Ground War is to much of a cluster 🤬 for me. It does seem if I stick at it for a while, it's a matter of when not if, even though they really tried to shoot that CG down to much success it left me close enough to finish the job manually with just 4 to go.

Nukes are over-rated though, even though they are satisfying to get if you don't spam them. Yes it takes a fair chunk of skill but there's alot of luck involved with the enemy team and on a small scale picking the right places at the right time. So long as you persist they will come eventually once you are of a reasonable level of skill. It's a case of my old favourite tactic, precision aggression, picking and choosing your fights and just picking 1 or 2 people off at a time rather then spawn rushing.

Lol! Although it looked like I was hosting nigh on every match so maybe it was my "fault"... :lol:
Another great Friday night with the usual crew with some crackly Elvis to cap it off! Thanks guys!
 
I now blame your connection even though it ran smooth for me save the first 4-5 seconds of the round. I don't understand why it doesn't let me host, when I got host of our team on Ground War Terminal, 7 had 4 bars, 1 had 3 and the only 2 bar was PJ (which makes sense) and the other team looked the same kind of spread with no 2 bars at all. I really don't understand how it chooses the host because I know my connection can stand up to it here at uni without breaking sweat, yet it randomly picks hosts which instantly fail alot of the time.
 
Haha!
Are you gonna get on tonight? I'm lonely out here :p
 
Never saw that.. so I can fix it in options then?


I am pretty sure its under options and network or something like that. I haven't played that game in a very long time so my memory isn't the best at remembering small details like that. You should be able to find it with a little poking around though. I had mine set to local first and then it would pan out from there.
 
Haha!
Are you gonna get on tonight? I'm lonely out here :p

Missing my COD nerd voice? I don't think I'll be on any time soon, just not feeling in the mood for it tonight.
 
Missing my COD nerd voice? I don't think I'll be on any time soon, just not feeling in the mood for it tonight.

:lol:
I am a bit!
Mr_V and myself are ripping up the whole of Kingdom COD just now. I think we are on a 17 match win streak with Mr V taking top spot on more than a few occassions!
Ok, we just lost 🤬
 
How can you say w@w had more glitches... MW2 is one big glitch by itself. Its still not fixed completely.
 
How can you say w@w had more glitches... MW2 is one big glitch by itself. Its still not fixed completely.


WaW had allot of glitches, but most of them were one departments fault. Were as in MW2 there are glitches everywhere in the freaking game. Most of WaW's problems were terrain related, like them missing things like the brick with an open end you could crawl into to get under the map, or the endless amounts of wall rubs you could do. I think they just rushed MW2 a little too much, if they hadn't of rushed it they would have thought more about things like commando for one.
 
I hated WaW, I think mostly for the clumsy WWII weapons. I also don't like shooting Japanese people in general, though I loved it when it was the other way around. :p j/k

Another thing that bothered me the most about that game, and I know breakpoint had to hear this a time or two from my posts, guys getting under some of the maps. Downfall, Castle, Roundhouse, I think. There might be stuff in MW2 that might bother you guys, but for me, when guys start camping underground in maps, I am out of there. I'm trying to pay attention everywhere around me, I don't need to be watching for shooters underneath the maps, too. Must say though, maps in that game were fantastic. I also agree about the map pack for CoD4, I've yet to meet anybody who liked them. I liked the Creek OK, but I deleted the pack off my hard drive, so there. :lol:
 
Thanks for a good COD session guys 👍 Had some great fights tonight :)


Time attack; In W@W the glitches was terrible, like going outside and under the maps. One map was unplayable because of this (everyone tried the same glitch) I have not seen anything like that in mw2, only some elevator glitch, but they are barely used.
 
All the glitches in W@W were fixed a couple months after release. If you got on now there is no way for you to go under/out of map. They did a fantastic job of fixing it unlike IW has done with this game.
 
There's not alot wrong with the PS3 version at least, which is why people won't be complaining about the bugs as much for MW2 who only play PS3. It's been near perfect glitchwise since the last patch other then I've seen one person in the last 2-3 weeks under the map on Favela. The Care Package glitch is the only notable problem which came up since I got the game in January, even the models weren't THAT big an issue though they were annoying and that wasn't a glitch.
 
So I am going for a nuke today, I was one kill off my CG on highrise, noone on the other team was taking down airsupport. It was all good until..





































Lost connection to host. I wish this game would seriously just get taken offline so noone could put up with this rubbish anymore.
 
:lol: yesterday, I got an attach chopper on Derail, and it didn't get shot down :D, so I ran away and hid, and I was getting close to AC130, but then.......



Predator Missile comes out of nowhere and ends my killstreak :grumpy:.

Also yesterday, I got my attack chopper again, and I got the AC130, but then, game over, before I could even get a kill :grumpy:
 
Next game, I get a harrier on scrapyard, you would think it would be ownage but noooo. It didnt get a kill and it was never taken down. The next 3 harriers got kills though :/.
 
I had some epic HCS&D games today, including one on derail where I got the last 3 kills in the same burst and defused the bomb. Finally made it back up to Level 70, and played a few rounds with the AK47 on my rush class, it actually worked out pretty well!

From,
Chris.
 
It is so damn frustrating when Harrier doesn't register a kill. One frigging kill. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, it is frustrating. Lost connection thing, too. When that happens, host pulled the plug, right? Because when they back out, I think they at least try to migrate to another host? I could swear I'd be struggling all day, then finally start of a monster game, then screen goes blank. If they are disconnecting the plug like I suspect, they don't deserve to get online. 👎

I understand the Predator thing, too. I am the predator magnet.

Nice rounds with breakpoint today, but he still seems rusty to me. I know our connection sucked, too. He did kick bunch of butts on Crash though. I was starting to feel sorry for the other team, he even ended the match with a winning kill cam. :lol:👍

P.S. My Xbox buddies, you might know by now, but I have changed my gamer tag. The new name is: GE0RGE TAKEI("0" in GE0RGE is a 'zero')

sulu.jpg
 
When you lose connection to host (on Xbox), it's usually when someone dashobards the game. Or if they turn their Xbox off. Pretty annoying, especially since everyone loses out on match bonus XP too.
 
Ah, I didn't think about the dashboard. But the kills & deaths would still count, wouldn't they?
 
I think the kill and deaths do get saved.
 
Yeah all of your stats get saved - number of kills with guns, headshots, etc.
 
I'm not sure but I think you get the exp that you earned so far in that game too. Just no bonus obviously.

Prestiged for the first time on Saturday. Was a little overwhelming at first to see all my challenges, weapons and everything gone. Back to having to hide from killstreaks since I have no Cold Blooded class yet. :lol: Been getting reacquainted with the M4A1. Hadn't used it in a while so forgot that it's quite a decent gun overall, despite lacking the punch that most of the other ARs have. Even though all my gear is gone I've still been doing quite good (kdr up by 0.01 so far) so I guess prestiging wasn't a bad idea.
 
Nice rounds with breakpoint today, but he still seems rusty to me. I know our connection sucked, too. He did kick bunch of butts on Crash though. I was starting to feel sorry for the other team, he even ended the match with a winning kill cam. :lol:👍


Say nice if you like, I didn't find any of them but the Crash match nice:grumpy: I am super rusty at this game, I don't play it unless you are on now and the fact that I truly hate it doesn't help. If you take how I played a few months ago to how I play now in it, it is like a different person playing, a 5 year old. In that kill cam on crash what I was doing was ripping up a few people, lay down and reload, get up and rip up a few more people and repeat. They were spawning where we spawned at the start, and almost every one of them were just running up into the top room there and letting me shoot them.
 
i wish they would have gone for a futurist time line, past wars really dont interest me. thats why i gave mw/mw2 a chance because it was modern day.
 
I haven't kept track of this thread in a bit, or hopped on MW2 lately (thank you SC2 ladder) so is the DLC out on PSN yet?
 
You want laser guns and crap go play halo.

I haven't kept track of this thread in a bit, or hopped on MW2 lately (thank you SC2 ladder) so is the DLC out on PSN yet?

Should be out sometime Tuesday.
 
I was hoping I had this Tuesday off, like I did on Xbox Live, but no go. I'll have to wait until after work to play the new maps. :guilty:
If you take how I played a few months ago to how I play now in it, it is like a different person playing, a 5 year old.
I know exactly what you mean. I've went through it several times. One week, I'm matching my max kill streak several times. I'm actually getting cocky enough to go for the nuke, killing everybody like they are bunch of noobs, and I'm a superstar. Then one day, it just hit, and it doesn't matter what I do, I die. I was struggling to come out ahead, with k/d of over 1. Just 1. And this lasts days. It's like the mysterious baseball slumps you hear about. You can't even put finger on what exactly changed, or are causing this slump. I just stuck with it, played through it. I have my confidence back now, but I know it's gonna hit me again. Kinda depressing. :lol:
[empty space];3844567
i wish they would have gone for a futurist time line, past wars really dont interest me. thats why i gave mw/mw2 a chance because it was modern day.
While I don't care for futuristic one, maybe except for games like the Resistance, Killzone series, World at War made me a historical shooter hater. Clunky & clumsy weapons just annoys me. When I went back to CoD4, it was so much nicer. Vietnam, unless everybody I know go for it, I won't even look at it. With the debacle of Infinity Ward, I may not even play another FPS from Activision. I've always wanted to try Killzone.
 
Back