Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,743 views
I fired up MW2 yesterday for the first time in a while. Completed Assassins' Creed, Platinumed AC2, and finished the story and some side-stuff in FFXIII. Felt good to mindlessly shoot and blow stuff up again. Had some god-awful games and some great ones. Went 2-10 in one match, every where I turned there was a guy. On 2 successive trips to Highrise(some maps inbetween) I got my Emergency Airdrop. I usually make some stupid mistake that ruins it. Now I have all the animated killstreak emblems except Chopper Gunner and AC130.
 
http://bit.ly/bUDZS6 - Modern Warfare 2 DLC and Double XP hit PSN tomorrow! I'm on the official @playstation blog with details & taking Qs.
So they come out tomorrow for me. I am just wondering how much $14.99US will cost on the Australian PSN store. I pray it makes it $20AUD but there is a chance it could go higher...it is expensive enough as it is.
 
I just played some with nk4e, and damn, we had some mixed results. Some matches we kicked butts, but last 2, 3, competition got stiff, and I think there was one game, maybe OMG I can't remember, that rock cutting place, lag made it impossible to play after host migration. I'm heading back up for seconds in a few though. :p


Damnit! So far either we are both on or neither one of us have been on he has wanted to play. Hopefully we can all be on at the same time on night, having three of us playing seems like it would be more fun then just the two of us.

He showed what he looks like something like a month or two ago.
People were shocked that he was a white guy.


Why would anyone think he was anything other than white, he sounds like the most white of the whites ever known to me, didn't expect him to be so white collar looking though:dopey:
 
I just looked at the currency converter and apparently 15USD is 16AUD, so if the price is even 20AUD that is screwed.
 
Damnit! So far either we are both on or neither one of us have been on he has wanted to play. Hopefully we can all be on at the same time on night, having three of us playing seems like it would be more fun then just the two of us.
nk4e is a energizer bunny. I actually hooked up with him again after that post, I think we played until 3 am(PST!), had to bail as I got too tired. :lol:

Edit: Anybody try silencers on FAMAS? Is it worth trying?
 
Edit: Anybody try silencers on FAMAS? Is it worth trying?
Definately try it, its better with stopping power but two bursts will equal a take down without it.
 
nk4e is a energizer bunny. I actually hooked up with him again after that post, I think we played until 3 am(PST!), had to bail as I got too tired. :lol:

Edit: Anybody try silencers on FAMAS? Is it worth trying?


I usually have a super hard time sleeping and I was playing until day break but recently I have been trying to lay down before 11. Plus last night my wife wanted me to watch a movie with her so I broke off the box for the night. You will be on PSN for a while now though since the MP came out though won't you? If not, lets all 3 of us try to get on tonight and jam a bit:tup:


As far as the FAMAS with a silencer goes, Stopping power.
 
Why would anyone think he was anything other than white, he sounds like the most white of the whites ever known to me, didn't expect him to be so white collar looking though:dopey:

No clue. A lot of people were under the impression that he was a black dude.
 
Thanks guys. I wouldn't, I couldn't, use a gun like that(FAMAS) without stopping power anyway. :D
I usually have a super hard time sleeping and I was playing until day break but recently I have been trying to lay down before 11. Plus last night my wife wanted me to watch a movie with her so I broke off the box for the night. You will be on PSN for a while now though since the MP came out though won't you? If not, lets all 3 of us try to get on tonight and jam a bit:tup:
Well, PSN download is tomorrow(Tues). I just prestiged again on XBL, so I should be on a lot today.
 
Thanks guys. I wouldn't, I couldn't, use a gun like that(FAMAS) without stopping power anyway. :D

Well, PSN download is tomorrow(Tues). I just prestiged again on XBL, so I should be on a lot today.


Well, I have pretty much got done with all of the stuff that was on my honey do list for the house today. I have to take my girls to Lowe's with me in a bit so they can pick out what herb they want to grow in our herb garden deal we are starting today and then I promised them I would beat them in checkers, but I should be on before too long:tup: I am sure they will get tired of losing and start crying and want to quit....haha.....damn I'm mean aren't I? Won't even let a 6 and 5 year old win.....
 
I don't think I did too well though..a6 had a better k/d than me. I could be on right now though I will be multitasking on some things also. A6, I finished the FAMAS last night while we were playing. Well, just FMJ left...but I am working on the getting towards the 8th prestige now
 
Well, tonight was great fun and a bit strange towards the end... I'm sure UK would have loved it eh Drag...? :D
The Street Fighter shouts of "Hadoken" and Shuryuken" rang loud through each of our headsets and many a Face/Fone-Jacker quote was mentioned! "I'd like to make a complaint pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaase"
But by far teh most surreal and yet hilarious thing I have ever come across on Call of Duty was a gay man (or at least someone pretending to be overly gay.)
It started with him calling Drag an myself "Cute" and then escalated into some form of maniacle stalking type thing... Very scary:Very funny
Such good banter once again. Thanks guys for another great COD-fest. 👍
 
Edit: Anybody try silencers on FAMAS? Is it worth trying?

Silenced Famas is garbage. You really notice the poor damage @ range.

I'm all ready to download the mappack soon as it comes out. I'm really hoping it comes out early tomorrow morning and not like at 11:59pm PST.
 
What time will the maps be online?
 
Well, tonight was great fun and a bit strange towards the end... I'm sure UK would have loved it eh Drag...? :D
The Street Fighter shouts of "Hadoken" and Shuryuken" rang loud through each of our headsets and many a Face/Fone-Jacker quote was mentioned! "I'd like to make a complaint pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaase"
But by far teh most surreal and yet hilarious thing I have ever come across on Call of Duty was a gay man (or at least someone pretending to be overly gay.)
It started with him calling Drag an myself "Cute" and then escalated into some form of maniacle stalking type thing... Very scary:Very funny
Such good banter once again. Thanks guys for another great COD-fest. 👍

A good nights gaming indeed, that dude at the end was just hilarious fake or not I couldn't stop laughing. I think he was out to try and make people angry rather then people who would go along with it. The internet sure is a strange place, block list was definately the best plan once we went off so we don't come back to an inbox full of junk.
 
I remember someone saying that roughly 3pm is the PS Store update time roughly. Don't quote me on that though.
A good nights gaming indeed, that dude at the end was just hilarious fake or not I couldn't stop laughing. I think he was out to try and make people angry rather then people who would go along with it. The internet sure is a strange place, block list was definately the best plan once we went off so we don't come back to an inbox full of junk.

Yeah my sides were hurting form laughing so much. I agree that he was probs out to antagonise homophobes and the like.
It was nigh on an insta-block :lol:
 
What is everyone's favourite silenced Assault Rifle? I'm looking for a good one to use with Scavenger Pro, Cold-Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro.
 
TAR 👍 Decent iron sights and still has plenty of power when silenced.
 
Most people will probably say the Tar and then the Scar. If you were using stopping power the list would be a little longer but with CB its a short list. The AK is another good choice if you're just going to sit on 70.
 
Well, I have pretty much got done with all of the stuff that was on my honey do list for the house today. I have to take my girls to Lowe's with me in a bit so they can pick out what herb they want to grow in our herb garden deal we are starting today and then I promised them I would beat them in checkers, but I should be on before too long:tup: I am sure they will get tired of losing and start crying and want to quit....haha.....damn I'm mean aren't I? Won't even let a 6 and 5 year old win.....
Tough. Love.

:lol:

I've been playing most of the day. If I'm not on, or if I get off, count on me coming back after a short break. I do have to work tomorrow, so I can only play until something like midnight, PST.
I don't think I did too well though..a6 had a better k/d than me. I could be on right now though I will be multitasking on some things also. A6, I finished the FAMAS last night while we were playing. Well, just FMJ left...but I am working on the getting towards the 8th prestige now
I did have a better k/d, but you go out and get them, even when we were pitched against impossible competition. We saw some good players last night. My k/d's been on a down slide today though. Sucky weapons & lack of claymore really hurts. At least I have the SCAR & Scavenger back now.
My interest in FAMAS didn't last that long. I forgot they give you SCARS pretty early in the game. :lol: Just got my silencer for that one, but I'm still struggling. I hate prestiging, but I really liked to have the extra custom slot, so.... come ooooon claymore.
I'm all ready to download the mappack soon as it comes out. I'm really hoping it comes out early tomorrow morning and not like at 11:59pm PST.
On Xbox Live, I don't think it hit until the next morning. I was all geared up to play that night, too, then my coworker told me that XBL DLC doesn't hit until release day (normal)morning(not 2, 3 am, anything like that).
 
Silenced assault rifles were noting are as mentioned with CB it's mostly about the SCAR and TAR. The SCAR is probably the easiest to use of the two but has the smaller clip which can cause problems. The TAR has a bit more recoil and you'll miss more shots most likely but it's longer clip may suit close quarters a little better.

It's also worth noting for a map like Wasteland, the FAMAS is useful also, it has more range then any other rifle which means at long distance it takes less shots to kill and it's noticeable for sure.
 
On Xbox Live, I don't think it hit until the next morning. I was all geared up to play that night, too, then my coworker told me that XBL DLC doesn't hit until release day (normal)morning(not 2, 3 am, anything like that).

I guess I'll be playing Fallout all night again.
 
Most people will probably say the Tar and then the Scar. If you were using stopping power the list would be a little longer but with CB its a short list. The AK is another good choice if you're just going to sit on 70.

Yeah it's the TAR and SCAR I've been undecided about, might switch back to the TAR tomorrow after using the SCAR for a while. I really liked the AK with Silencer but I never stick on 70 so that isn't really an option.
 
Yeah I already know as soon as I hit 70 again I'm hitting that button. I wish I could use the AK more but I want that extra class slot.
 
TAR with a silencer is the only way to use the TAR to me. That is also the only gun in the game that putting on a holo or rds is worse than the regular sights:( The setup I run with the TAR is TAR silenced with sleight of hand pro, hardline pro, steady aim pro and the typical 5,7,11 killstreak setup. And if I am just having a hard time that day I will switch hardline for stopping power:)
 
What is everyone's favourite silenced Assault Rifle? I'm looking for a good one to use with Scavenger Pro, Cold-Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro.

SCAR or TAR. Though I am oddly fond of the FAL with Silencer and Holo Sights, which I'll use in SnD quite a bit.
 
SCAR, I guess. I don't really use silencers though, unless I want to unlock the heartbeat sensor for the weapon. But I want to set up a SnD class with the UMP silenced, just like all of the other thousands of people doing so.....
 
Silencers actually make some guns better, like the UMP and the TAR, to me those two without silencers just aren't as good. I don't know why they call them silencers in the game either, they are suppressors, not silencers.....silencers are fictional items hollywood put into movies.
 
Sometimes the game says supressor, and sometimes it says silencer. But one thing that I've wondered, do suressors really come with all of the weapons in MW2 that you can use them on?
 
Sometimes the game says supressor, and sometimes it says silencer. But one thing that I've wondered, do suressors really come with all of the weapons in MW2 that you can use them on?


I don't know allot about all of the weapons in MW2, I do know that they do for the SCAR and the M16, and also the Intervention. I am sure whatever weapons are used heavily by the military they will have one fitted for them, at least by the military. They are heavily used by military snipers because of the reduced muzzle flash mainly, the sound reduction is only around 30db on average which is better than nothing but doesn't warrant using it for sound reduction alone.



Something not related to this at all here. I don't know if any of you watch anything on G4 or not, I have AOTS and XPLAY recording every night because I like those shows, especially AOTS. Well, I also like web soup now, but thats not the point here:) While watching XPLAY that played tonight they had the little short deal that has "TSquared pro gamer" show you tips etc. on whatever FPS is hot at the time basically. For the last few months everyone of the tips segment has been about MW2. The tips this guy gives are the dumbest most common sense things I have ever seen. I am waiting for the tip, shoot your enemies and win soon. Has anyone else watched this segment and thought to themselves, this guy is a complete idiot like I do every time I see it?
 
Last edited:
Back