Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,749 views
a6 - get KZ2 and we can learn the MP ropes together :p
 
While I don't care for futuristic one, maybe except for games like the Resistance, Killzone series, World at War made me a historical shooter hater. Clunky & clumsy weapons just annoys me. When I went back to CoD4, it was so much nicer. Vietnam, unless everybody I know go for it, I won't even look at it. With the debacle of Infinity Ward, I may not even play another FPS from Activision. I've always wanted to try Killzone.

Vietnam small arms weapons are mostly the same as the weapons featured in the Modern Warfare series. Quite a few of the weapons in MW2 had already been in use or started their run in various armed forces around that time. The M16 first saw duty in Vietnam. The FAL was being used before Vietnam. The AK-47 was out before Vietnam. The MP5 finished development during Vietnam. The Uzi was out before Vietnam also. This list is a short one on the weapons that were being used during Vietnam and are featured in Modern Warfare 2.
 
[empty space];3844642
a6 - get KZ2 and we can learn the MP ropes together :p
I was excited about KZ2, but I'm still having too much fun with MW2. When the map pack comes out on PSN, I'd be getting that, playing it some more. While I still wouldn't rule out getting KZ2, chances of me getting the KZ3 is greater. I was bit interested in Flashpoint, too. I might get that one, when it's cheap. I'd have bought it full price, but not many got interested in it. Dragonistic seemed to have enjoyed it a bit, but he didn't exactly seem like he was hooked on it either, so.....
Vietnam small arms weapons are mostly the same as the weapons featured in the Modern Warfare series. Quite a few of the weapons in MW2 had already been in use or started their run in various armed forces around that time. The M16 first saw duty in Vietnam. The FAL was being used before Vietnam. The AK-47 was out before Vietnam. The MP5 finished development during Vietnam. The Uzi was out before Vietnam also. This list is a short one on the weapons that were being used during Vietnam and are featured in Modern Warfare 2.
You are right. I'm a bit of war-buff, so I was aware of those. While I did like those weapons in CoD4, not one of them I use in MW2. Still, I guess it's not just about the weapons. With the F4 being my favorite jet fighter of all-time, I loved Vietnam Warfare stuff when I was a kid. They do feel dated to me now. Historical. Again, good point on the weapons.
Just got this game and enjoying it so far.
I'll send you a friend invite, but gotta warn you, connection is horrid between your region & mine.
 
I'll say it now A6, Flashpoint outside co-op is lame, and we can't get the mission editor (or even download missions) like the PC version so the longevity is very limited. Plus alot of people didn't like it period though I enjoyed my 2 playthroughs (one co-op, one single, both hardcore difficult).
 
I was excited about KZ2, but I'm still having too much fun with MW2. When the map pack comes out on PSN, I'd be getting that, playing it some more. While I still wouldn't rule out getting KZ2, chances of me getting the KZ3 is greater.

oh? KZ3? guess i got kz2 at just the right time to finish it off and be ready for 3 :lol:
 
I'll say it now A6, Flashpoint outside co-op is lame, and we can't get the mission editor (or even download missions) like the PC version so the longevity is very limited. Plus alot of people didn't like it period though I enjoyed my 2 playthroughs (one co-op, one single, both hardcore difficult).
Good to know. I might pass on that one then. Thanks buddy! 👍
[empty space];3844696
oh? KZ3? guess i got kz2 at just the right time to finish it off and be ready for 3 :lol:
WAIT! No, I think I just read somewhere that they've started to put the game together, somewhere. I don't believe the game is out until next year. If Polyphony take over, by 2012(yeah, right!).
 
actually, if PD takes over itd be cg quality in 2015 ;)
 
Side note, generally good games with GTPers tonight but I was really getting frustrated with the domination games with people going for the third flag which threw the enemy all over the place and then we ended up getting thrown into alot more trouble. I'm glad we got it handed to us on Quarry, we were looking great with a reasonable lead after taking the first 2 flags at the start and then surprise surprise, someone starting going for the third and then we lost 2 and got absolutely destroyed until... the other team gets all 3 and then we end up getting 2 and coming pretty close to taking the match.

More then once I'd be on a good streak or score, as would the team, then I'd see we were dominating and suddenly I have random enemy spawns all around me and I end up on a deathstreak instead. It's not like you have to camp to just hold 2 flags, just don't capture the third and it's just so much easier and you don't end up being destroyed in spawn like we did in A on Quarry.

As far as I'm concerned you should only try to dominate if the enemy team is absolutely woeful (and that doesn't just mean they've only held 1 flag all game), if it's very near the end of the game and victory is safe or if you have no other choice.
 
:lol: Wasn't Quarry the game where I joined on the opposing team and we beat you guys? I felt accomplished that game, I felt like I killed my big brothers :D.
 
I'm not sure, I was really annoyed at the guys for getting the third flag which just caused a huge domino effect of fail. Infact yes it must've been, I remember killing you when I was left in A as your team captured it and I was completely on my own :lol:.
 
Wow, not having touched the Playstation 3 for gaming since at least last Wednesday (probably Tuesday actually), playing one game of Team Deathmatch was a revelation. My reactions were way off. I missed out on at least three kills because of my aim being so bad. Well, back to watching Season Two of Chuck.
 
Wow, not having touched the Playstation 3 for gaming since at least last Wednesday (probably Tuesday actually), playing one game of Team Deathmatch was a revelation. My reactions were way off. I missed out on at least three kills because of my aim being so bad. Well, back to watching Season Two of Chuck.
I usually do a aiming warm up, especially with my right analog stick. All else fails, bring out the RPD, spray & pray. Spray & pray. :lol:
 
I use the pit as my warm up, with a minimum of 3 stars using one of the assault rifles and using only one clip. Note that you can run it much faster with pistols/SMGs, but I play with assault rifles most online so it's the best warm up in that sense. Yes I know where the targets are but I'm not trying to warm up my peripheral, just re-adjusting to COD if I've been on other games. It's not supposed to be hard in any way, just a quick warm up.
 
I usually do a aiming warm up, especially with my right analog stick. All else fails, bring out the RPD, spray & pray. Spray & pray. :lol:

L86 LSW>RPD or any other LMG. Nuff said.
 
I think it is just something with playing with people from GTP on MW2, every time I play with A6 I just don't do as well as I do when I am playing on my own. I don't know what the deal is with that, you seen how bad I was doing I was doing yesterday and I pulled this out my first game tonight, I know the other team wasn't doing great at all but the way I have been playing it hasn't mattered how bad the other team was, I was going to barely break even in KD:ouch: And this wasn't camping either, well not really, I kept a decent sized area on subbase but not just a room. My chopper gunner got shot down after only 3 freaking kills also:ouch:


2010-05-02215143.jpg
 
22-0, very nice. 👍 Again, I do know what you mean. On XBL, especially. On PSN, it was not something I never really noticed that much. You get some ups & downs, it's normal. When I started getting on XBL, my & my friends started noticing not being able to perform to our standards(not that it's that high anyway! lol). I hope this this is a break out stretch for ya! :)
L86 LSW>RPD or any other LMG. Nuff said.
I like L86. AUG's very popular in this thread, though that mag's tiny for LMGs. RPD, I like the best all around. Since I don't use red dot/halo, I especially like the RPD for its open sights.
 
breakpoint or a6m5, are you guys online?
 
breakpoint or a6m5, are you guys online?


I played the one game and had to get off to move some beds around and whatever else my wife was wanting me to do. If I don't appear online on xbl then I'm not on, I don't set mine to hidden or away etc. I started it up to play and seen you were on playing SnD, but I didn't even have time to do anything because my wife wanted me to watch a movie with her instead so I shut it down. I don't like anything other than MTDM, TDM, or Domination though.
 
I'll send you a friend invite, but gotta warn you, connection is horrid between your region & mine.

Cool!

Also, I just finished the campaign on Normal. I didn't pay much attention the the story but was still shocked when Shepard betrays you. I loved the campaign and the amount of locations you go to meant it was always interesting.
 
I just played some with nk4e, and damn, we had some mixed results. Some matches we kicked butts, but last 2, 3, competition got stiff, and I think there was one game, maybe OMG I can't remember, that rock cutting place, lag made it impossible to play after host migration. I'm heading back up for seconds in a few though. :p
 
Just nuked wasteland yet again :D.
 
Meh, nukes are so overrated(until I get to drop one, someday). :p

nk4e, I think we did pretty good. I was starting to get really tired, so I had to bail. And on me prestiging, I had just finished out the level 70, so I wasn't waiting to prestige at all this time.

Right now, I miss my claymore, bad. Also, before I had my custom classes, I used the FAMAS, and you guys are right, not a bad rifle at all. I think I prefer it to M16 as well. It feels more accurate, and I was also getting more one burst kills with this gun than the M16. But M16 has way more stopping power, right? :confused: Oh, well. I also liked the noobtube FAMAS comes equipped with in that class. 👍
 
Blade put out a new video on his channel. He doesn't look like what I had I always expected. I wasn't even sure it was him at first.
 
I like L86. AUG's very popular in this thread, though that mag's tiny for LMGs. RPD, I like the best all around. Since I don't use red dot/halo, I especially like the RPD for its open sights.

I like both the AUG and the RPD. Both have a nice set of iron sights, though I prefer the RPDs. One game my team got hit with an EMP and at the time, I was using a Bling RPD with Grip and Red Dot Sight to unlock the Holographic Sight, well, the EMP had no effect on the weapon because the iron sights are still visible behind the RDS on the RPD.

Right now, I miss my claymore, bad. Also, before I had my custom classes, I used the FAMAS, and you guys are right, not a bad rifle at all. I think I prefer it to M16 as well. It feels more accurate, and I was also getting more one burst kills with this gun than the M16. But M16 has way more stopping power, right? :confused: Oh, well. I also liked the noobtube FAMAS comes equipped with in that class. 👍

The M16 and FAMAS have the same amount of damage per bullet, but the FAMAS maintains that damage over a longer range. That is the reason it gets more one burst kills, especially at longer ranges.
 
Famas vs M16 is the oldest debate in the book.

Famas > M16.
 
Blade put out a new video on his channel. He doesn't look like what I had I always expected. I wasn't even sure it was him at first.

He showed what he looks like something like a month or two ago.
People were shocked that he was a white guy.
 
The differences between Famas and M16 are:
FAMAS retains damage over range better
Same Max and Min damage for both
FAMAS has a shorter burst
M16 has smaller delay between bursts
M16 has much faster reload time
M16 also has slightly faster change weapon cycles both ways, arming and disarming it

Overall the FAMAS is better for a heads up fight 1 on 1, but I think the M16 is better when you're caught in a sticky situation despite both having an identical fire rate overall (the burst differences balance out) the M16 has a more constant stream rather then gaps between bursts and a faster reload times which means you can get more rounds in the real world.
 
Back