Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,946 views
The MP5K is unable to use a suppressor IRL. I'm not sure if its the same for the MP5K PDW or not. The gun in game is a mix of the two.

What I've always wondered is why there are suppressors for LMGs. It just seems impractical in a real world situation that you would need such a thing.
 
That it does, because with an LMG the main role you are playing is covering or suppressing fire for someone(s) so of course stealth just isn't in there anywhere.
 
What is everyone's favourite silenced Assault Rifle? I'm looking for a good one to use with Scavenger Pro, Cold-Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro.
M4 silenced, probably the only gun I love silenced.
 
You guys still dont have the map pack. Its 5:23pm here on the day that you are supposed to get it :D.
Just went out and bought a 30dollar PSN card all ready for tomorrow. Hopefully they will be out by 7am tomorrow here so that I can get them before school.
 
I wish they offered more than just a $20 & $50 PSN cards here. I really want to get the second resident evil 5 dlc but since I'd have to buy two $20 cards just so I could buy $20 worth of DLC plus tax I said forget that.

M4 silenced, probably the only gun I love silenced.

M4 silenced with CB is garbage. I used to use that setup all the time but it just doesn't have any power.
 
\


M4 silenced with CB is garbage. I used to use that setup all the time but it just doesn't have any power.
I just like the sound, otherwise I am purely a sniper. Scar-H has a shortclip and why not the ACR silenced?
 
ACR is a fine weapon but it also suffers from a lack of stopping power.
 
I was unaware that its double XP on PS3 also. Sweet. I had assumed it would be coming soon but all I had read previously was that nothing had been announced yet.
 
As good as this game is, those buying these map packs are bloody stupid. You're doing exactly with the idiots at Activision want you to. There is no quality in these new maps, Bad Company 2 released maps, as good if not better for free, and people seem to think that spunking $15 on these maps is worth it. Hell 2 of them are old maps.
 
Well aside from a write up on the Playstation Blog yesterday I haven't seen any more info about it. Checked the store this morning and didn't see it in there but I got a $20 PSN card when I was in Miami a couple weeks ago so I'm ready when it does come.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...are-2-stimulus-package-dlc-hits-psn-tomorrow/

M4 silenced with CB is garbage. I used to use that setup all the time but it just doesn't have any power.
Indeed. I find it needs stopping power even without the silencer so I definitely wouldn't use that for a silenced Cold Blooded setup.


EDIT: marachi I think it's worth it since I have never played the two old maps so all 5 will be new for me. $15 for 5 maps is quite high by DLC standards but $15 really isn't that much money to part with especially if you really enjoy the game and want to get even more life out of it.
 
bull**** BC2 maps aren't free. You have to pay for the service before you can download them. I think that was $15.

That game blows anyway. I wouldn't buy it let alone buy maps for it.
 
M4 silenced with CB is garbage. I used to use that setup all the time but it just doesn't have any power.

ironically enough, i used that set up on my AA class before my first prestige and had no problems with it. i used m4 + silencer and stinger with scavenger, cold blooded and ninja.
 
[empty space];3846249
ironically enough, i used that set up on my AA class before my first prestige and had no problems with it. i used m4 + silencer and stinger with scavenger, cold blooded and ninja.



I used the M4 with ACOG and silencer, CBP, NP with a stinger hanging off my back and claymores in my pocket for a month or so with no issues killing anyone. When I run CB on a class I play the class differently than a stopping power class etc. I play way more cautious and basically play like a ninja, because of this I rarely get into the oh crap there is someone right in front of me both of us shooting at the same time situations. Most of the time I wouldn't have issue killing them because I would be shooting them from the side or back, thats part of using CB, well at least it is for me.
 
bull**** BC2 maps aren't free. You have to pay for the service before you can download them. I think that was $15.

That game blows anyway. I wouldn't buy it let alone buy maps for it.

There's a code in EVERY copy of BC2 which gives free access to all the added maps so far, 2 new maps and new modes for others in the second pack. The code is one us only, so only new copies will have it but I think that's a fair trade and it's still better then making everyone pay.

Also to say the game is downright wrong, this is a typical TA bull**** post which doesn't give any evidence or reasoning similar to your 'FAMAS > M16' post which gave no real details as the FAMAS is NOT superior in every way, though it is in some respects not all will prefer it even if most do. Things just aren't that simple and the same goes for BC2, alot of people like it, you don't and that's fine but your express it so poorly and if anything in an almost childish manner. Your MP5K post however was good.
 
Well it says new maps are available for download from the ps store when you start the game but can't see any.
 
I've seen a total of 8 people spread over both the Map Pack lobbies on PSN so far, god knows how they got it as I can't find it on the Store yet.
 
I've seen a total of 8 people spread over both the Map Pack lobbies on PSN so far, god knows how they got it as I can't find it on the Store yet.

Those are the one that got the redeem code early (Kotaku just hand out 10 for free, I missed it :grumpy:).
As for the PS Store, can't find it even if you search for it.
 
How long until the store updates? I'm wondering if I have enough time to get some aiming practice in beforehand.
 
What is everyone's favourite silenced Assault Rifle? I'm looking for a good one to use with Scavenger Pro, Cold-Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro.

I'm strictly a TAR-21 guy. All my classes with an AR have silenced TAR. One is Scav Pro, CB Pro, SitRep Pro with M1014...one is Scav Pro, CB Pro, Ninja Pro, and silenced M9...last is Scav Pro, CB Pro, SitRep Pro and Stinger.

I love the iron sights, good size magazines, it has decent damage, and with a silencer the recoil is quite manageable, to me at least.
 
I bought the map pack for cod 4 but now have changed my ps3. If I downloaded them again would I pay or would it be able to tell with my email that I've already bought it and give it free?
 
I bought the map pack for cod 4 but now have changed my ps3. If I downloaded them again would I pay or would it be able to tell with my email that I've already bought it and give it free?

It will be in your download history if you recover your account.
 
Grrr, 5th of May, 6am, no map packs...

So much for letting them download while at school (yes my internet is that bad on my PS3 that 400mb could take over an hour).
 
Map pack is now up (apparently).

edit: for US only. EU is tomorrow. :/
 
Last edited:
Map pack is now up (apparently).

edit: for US only. EU is tomorrow. :/


Sorry, I had to chuckle a bit when reading that....
 
Well it's double xp at the moment anyway.
Eventhough there's no map pack.
 
Back