Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,720 views
[empty space];3850885
i guess it helps when none of gtp peoples use headset :lol: ... at least on the live side.

[edit - so im at 470/500 for master II ... but the prestige button is ready to go :s ... the horror! ]
I use a cellphone headset but I am usually playing music like Never Going to give you up. I would get kicked if people heard it as a taunt.
 
at least you dont show the xbl world your beautiful singing voice! :p
 
[empty space];3850885
i guess it helps when none of gtp peoples use headset :lol: ... at least on the live side.

Definately not true for the EU PSN crew, where usually only 1, maybe 2 users don't have a headset plugged in at all times during our sessions.
 
Only 90% ? You're brave! :D
The only people I don't mute are people in my party although I do mute UK86 if he has Elvis on too loud... :lol:

There's going to be Frank Sinatra on for you next time then Aldo.
 
There's going to be Frank Sinatra on for you next time then Aldo.

My favourite! He's a trance artist yeah...?







Disclaimer: Yes, of course I know who Frank Sinatra really is.
 
An odd thing happened last night whilst playing the new map pack playlists. I got the five kills, called up the predator, and whilst doing it, I got killed by some oik. The missile got me the kill though, but when I respawned, I heard the familiar 'your predator missile is ready' call on the comms, and to my surprise, I found that I had another one ready to fire, which I duly dropped on the heads of the opposing team. Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Disclaimer: Yes, of course I know who Frank Sinatra really is.

Yep, Ole Blue eyes is a legend! 👍
 
An odd thing happened last night whilst playing the new map pack playlists. I got the five kills, called up the predator, and whilst doing it, I got killed by some oik. The missile got me the kill though, but when I respawned, I heard the familiar 'your predator missile is ready' call on the comms, and to my surprise, I found that I had another one ready to fire, which I duly dropped on the heads of the opposing team. Has anyone had this happen to them before?



Yep, Ole Blue eyes is a legend! 👍

Thats pretty cool, free predator sir? With me using 3-4-5 streaks recently (I'm just bored of the big rewards, especially the CG and AC130) I save up a stack of predators over a game then call 3-4 in at once. In a game of demo Favela with the GTP guys I called in 5 predators one after another as fast as possible :lol: the other team must have been thinking I was glitching or something.
 
Has there been a change in what gets delivered in Care Packages or is it just my bad luck that, with the exception of one Predator Missile and one Chopper Gunner (when all the opposing team were using Cold Blooded :rolleyes: ) - every package that i've had dropped has been a UAV or Counter UAV ever since the last update/stimulus pack was downloaded. :mad:

I know the randomizer weighted the packages towards the lower end of the scale, but it's just been ridiculous recently.
 
A certain Aldo has been getting lots of ridiculous packages, so blame him for taking all the ones with CGs and AC130s.
 
A certain Aldo has been getting lots of ridiculous packages, so blame him for taking all the ones with CGs and AC130s.

:D
It goes about 2 weeks of CUAVs, UAVs, many Ammo crates and few preds. Then one/two days of CG, AC130, Stealth Bomber, Harrier.
And then goes back to usual.
It is just my luck that I get all the decent stuff with the GTP guys so that I can gloat! :lol:
 
[empty space];3850808
i dont mute everyone right away because theres a very small chance someone actually might talk about the game and whats going on in the field. but, as soon as someone starts singing then, theyre muted.
Same here. I usually mute anybody who start talking about nothing in the lobby, or start getting obnoxious. I recently changed my XBL gamer tag from "a6m5zeke" to "GE0RGE TAKEI", because of the voice communication. When someone on my team do try to warn me of something, before the name change, it went along the lines of "Awwww, a6, awww, whatever your name is, there is a sniper in the boat house!"(yes, I killed the sniper). :lol: That kind of communication is money in the bank, and I wanted to make it easier for any teammates who care to play team ball. It's a damn shame I can't be bothered to use my MW2 throat communicator, damn lazy bum. I should wear it, return the favor.
 
Same here. I usually mute anybody who start talking about nothing in the lobby, or start getting obnoxious. I recently changed my XBL gamer tag from "a6m5zeke" to "GE0RGE TAKEI", because of the voice communication. When someone on my team do try to warn me of something, before the name change, it went along the lines of "Awwww, a6, awww, whatever your name is, there is a sniper in the boat house!"(yes, I killed the sniper). :lol: That kind of communication is money in the bank, and I wanted to make it easier for any teammates who care to play team ball. It's a damn shame I can't be bothered to use my MW2 throat communicator, damn lazy bum. I should wear it, return the favor.


I do the same, I always have my turtlebeach set on because I don't have speakers because I am using a pc monitor that I ordered a while back as a tv, cheap hd son:tup: I always have them on but I never have my cord plugged into them to use the mic because I just don't like talking to people I don't know for one. Another few reasons is I just don't like people in general and usually people run their mouths about stuff and I just can't take crap like that without it pissing me off, so if I had my mic in I would make it worse because I would be trying to get directions to their house to handle it like a non coward, I like how people always talk so much crap on the pc but if they were in my face they wouldn't say a word, IRL is where I shine with my crap talk cause I can back it....haha. If the XBL group really wants to use mic's I will plug mine in though and do party chat, if nothing else but to warn you guys about things in game. I can''t tell you how many times I have wanted to warn you A6 about something in game and can't, I have watched you walk into death screaming, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! But then you respawn and I feel better:)
 
I can''t tell you how many times I have wanted to warn you A6 about something in game and can't, I have watched you walk into death screaming, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! But then you respawn and I feel better:)
How many times have I heard from my friends about this. I must be the world's biggest moron(I suspect this is the look on my face when I do it, too -> :dopey: ). :lol:

We used to do a party chat on CoD4, but they discontinued that on MW2, unfortunately. I'm usually pretty good at letting idiotic comments go, but like we discussed before, I'm also tired of geeks running their mouths when 1) when they couldn't back it up. 2) most of them couldn't even talk smack in real life, not to anybody who isn't their geek friends.

Anyway, I think headset is a good idea. Just be warned that I sound like I'm asleep when I'm playing. When my friends play with me for the first time, they all ask if I was falling asleep when we were playing or something.
 
I can't be bothered to use my MW2 throat communicator, damn lazy bum. I should wear it, return the favor.

Yours worked?



I played my first game on a stimulus map today, Bailout (:lol:) in the regular TDM gametype. Had 12 kills before I was finally killed. Finished with 18-3 I think. Not bad for never seeing the battlefield before!
 
Yours worked?
Mine works just fine, though I haven't used it in awhile. :D I thought you played only on PSN though. Did they come out with one for the PS3 as well?
 
How many times have I heard from my friends about this. I must be the world's biggest moron(I suspect this is the look on my face when I do it, too -> :dopey: ). :lol:

We used to do a party chat on CoD4, but they discontinued that on MW2, unfortunately. I'm usually pretty good at letting idiotic comments go, but like we discussed before, I'm also tired of geeks running their mouths when 1) when they couldn't back it up. 2) most of them couldn't even talk smack in real life, not to anybody who isn't their geek friends.

Anyway, I think headset is a good idea. Just be warned that I sound like I'm asleep when I'm playing. When my friends play with me for the first time, they all ask if I was falling asleep when we were playing or something.

party chat still work, but, not in all game types. the only type i know works is ground war.

ive a head set but only use it if other peoples i know are playing.
 
[empty space];3851723
party chat still work, but, not in all game types. the only type i know works is ground war.

ive a head set but only use it if other peoples i know are playing.
I always see it but I don't like talking too much. I would just point things out though. MW2 isn't as tactical as Socom 2...so I will just point things out.
 
Mine works just fine, though I haven't used it in awhile. :D I thought you played only on PSN though. Did they come out with one for the PS3 as well?

I got one to use with Forza. It didn't fit tightly in the controller, any movement would make it lose contact, which would also be followed by a loud pop over the earbud when it made contact again. And I don't think it ever picked up my voice. On top of that, the whole product is a scam because its just a microphone that looks like a throat comm.

Edit: I want my money back. The stimulus pack is worthless. Every map has ridiculous spawn logic and seems to ignore whether you spawn with friendlies or with an enemy coming around the corner. And I'm about ready to chuck the DS3 through my TV with all of the campers tonight. Every game has had at least half of the enemy team camping or running around with marathon pro/lightweight and knifing or spraying with G18s.
 
I always see it but I don't like talking too much. I would just point things out though. MW2 isn't as tactical as Socom 2...so I will just point things out.

Thats the only thing I would and do use it for when playing with people also, I don't listen to loud music so you guys hear it, I don't run my mouth or sing either, the only thing you will hear would be something like, they are spawning here or there is someone camping here etc. Sometimes if its late at night I can't use the mic because wife is laying 5 feet away sleeping though:ouch:
 
I got one to use with Forza. It didn't fit tightly in the controller, any movement would make it lose contact, which would also be followed by a loud pop over the earbud when it made contact again. And I don't think it ever picked up my voice. On top of that, the whole product is a scam because its just a microphone that looks like a throat comm.
I was bit skeptical going in, so I tested it with my buddies, and they told me that they could hear me fine. I haven't had any quality control issues either. I don't really move that much when I play(and I only play MW2 on X360) though.
Edit: I want my money back. The stimulus pack is worthless. Every map has ridiculous spawn logic and seems to ignore whether you spawn with friendlies or with an enemy coming around the corner. And I'm about ready to chuck the DS3 through my TV with all of the campers tonight. Every game has had at least half of the enemy team camping or running around with marathon pro/lightweight and knifing or spraying with G18s.
I've been on a receiving end of many spawn kills lately. They are happening to me on regular maps, and it's weird, because I rarely have this issue. I've rage quit more than one match due to this. I had the quickest spawn death ever, including the CoD4, on Scrapyard just the other night. As soon as I spawned, screen went red & I was dead. It took me a second or two to even comprehend what just took place. :crazy:
Thats the only thing I would and do use it for when playing with people also, I don't listen to loud music so you guys hear it, I don't run my mouth or sing either, the only thing you will hear would be something like, they are spawning here or there is someone camping here etc. Sometimes if its late at night I can't use the mic because wife is laying 5 feet away sleeping though:ouch:
I don't even know how people listen to music while playing, as sound can be as useful as UAV at times. I also wouldn't idle chat during matches. In fact, by the time I get around to warn you guys of anything, you guys might already be dead. :p
 
Every game has had at least half of the enemy team camping or running around with marathon pro/lightweight and knifing or spraying with G18s.
Hey! :grumpy:
 
Unbelievable, tonight. The game has decided that I will die, die, die, tonight. I can't run, can't camp. None of my guns work. If I start half way decent, I literally get surrounded by half their team. Respawn has been amazing, too. They keep respawning me in front of the other team. Before I knew where I was, I'm getting shot at. :lol: Last game, I got in mid way through the match, the very first door I walk in, there is a camper sitting in the dark corner of the back room, watching the doorway with his FAMAS, dropping me. Did I mention that most of the games they put me in, we are losing by thousands of points?

Just. Wow.
 
Ive been put in games where ime watching the match winning kill. What's the point of that. Not even a single bullet fired.
 
I had a classic game of HCHQ the other night. My clan had all its heavy hitters batting, and we dropped into Storm. Five seconds later a complete clan of BNP supporters (with the BNP tag) dropped in on the other team. It didn't take them long before they were effing and jeffing, calling everyone immigrants and other insults that I will not mention. :sly:

Now I hate those racist BNP scumbags, and I was relishing the thought of putting them in their place, and it didn't take long for the rain to fall on them hard! We had only captured two bases, and already they were down by around 240 kills! I was 60-12, and my buddy was 60-10. the rest of my clan were around the 30 to 40 kill mark, but the poor BNP thugs were barely in single figures. The only thing they were good at was dying, and in the end they scurried off half way through the game to hide under whichever rock they crawled from under!

Sometimes the best way to beat scumbags like that is to hit them where it hurts - in the head! :lol: 👍


Thats pretty cool, free predator sir? With me using 3-4-5 streaks recently (I'm just bored of the big rewards, especially the CG and AC130) I save up a stack of predators over a game then call 3-4 in at once. In a game of demo Favela with the GTP guys I called in 5 predators one after another as fast as possible :lol: the other team must have been thinking I was glitching or something.

:lol: I've cried the same thing at times when it seems like the opposing team is pulling in ridiculous amounts of air support. Saying that though, since I've switched my killstreaks to 5 (predator)/7 (harrier)/9 (pavelow) I seem to have more support than I can use in one game! 👍

EDIT Have they nerfed the SCAR-H?

Since the last update, I have noticed that it is not as poo-poo hot as it used to be. The difference is most noticable in HC. Where it took one or two bullets, it now takes three or four. Also, the bullet spread seams to be a lot wider at range than it used to be. Maybe it is me, but the SCAR-H doesn't feel the same any more. 👍
 
I've recently been in plenty of games with opponents also using the [BNP!] tag. Every time they've played appallingly. :lol:
 
Ugh, had a horror few games tonight. Lightweight Pro was failing on me (quick aim after sprinting my arse), the Uzi was being epic suck (got three(!) hitmarkers on a guy when I burst-fired it, still didn't get a kill...) and in general was getting murdered by lag.


Back into the "crap at the moment, play again in a few weeks" basket...
 
Everybody except TheCrack's complaining tonight. I love it. :lol:

My night started to get better, got back to near normal after hooking up with nk4e. Still, there were matches where I would get jump on my target, get two, three rounds in, before they even saw me, but I died every time. Seriously, I wanna punch this game in the face.
 
Everybody except TheCrack's complaining tonight. I love it. :lol:

I was gonna play tonight but I was getting owned, all my games, even my special mode S and D were failing me. Its everyones bad night tonight and now I am just watching Australias Got Talent :/
 
Everybody except TheCrack's complaining tonight. I love it. :lol:

My night started to get better, got back to near normal after hooking up with nk4e. Still, there were matches where I would get jump on my target, get two, three rounds in, before they even saw me, but I died every time. Seriously, I wanna punch this game in the face.
I forgot to tell you that I got a throwing knife kill from the TF141 spawn point to the airplane tunnel in scrapyard. Though hearing that kid cry about everything was getting annoying..especially if he was trying to have an "American" accent.
 
Back