Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,869 views
It's only three new maps if you've played COD4 though, so that argument leaks like a sieve. For everyone else it's five all-new maps. Sure the map pack cost NZ$27.50, and although I thought that was a bit steep I'm not complaining. Five new maps, five bucks each? I'll take 'em anyway.

When you consider how often you'll find yourself playing the maps, they start to become good value for money...
 
But thats the thing, I work in a local game store and alot of people i've spoken too about it, find $15 completely ridiculous for 3 new maps. You call it little, but for most, its a fair bit considering what it is that you are actually getting.

Hours of figuring out little things on a map, or cheap dinner for two, or 3 pints of Guiness, or a movie ticket, or 3 drinks at Starbucks, or 4 to 5 gallons of gas. Less than two hours of work at minimum wage here.

Damn, completely unreasonable given the amount of time it takes making a highly detailed map with fresh textures and models. Clearly you are an expert working at a retail store for games.

And you know, sticking it to "the man."
 
Got to play the maps last night. Bit disappointed by Crash and Overgrown which i expected would be re-worked, but to me looked exactly the same save for a bit more dust in the atmosphere. With me still actively playing CoD4 i do feel slightly cheated. Having said that, i bought MW2 on release day for under £20 so an extra £10.99 still undercuts the full game's RRP.

Still learning the other 3 maps but not enjoying having to learn them in game modes that i'm unfamiliar with, Search & Destroy etc. I'd rate the new ones in this order Salvage - Storm - Bailout. Getting so owned on Bailout. I think i need to take some time in a private match to have a good look around.

Do the new maps crop up at all in the regular playlists or just the two new Stimulus ones?

If not, are they due to migrate there at some point?
 
http://www.nextgentactics.com/VideoPlay.aspx?DocumentID=5982
18-player knife-only FFA on Wasteland with perks off and double health. :lol:

So two knife hits to kill? Sounds solid to me, and brings back memories of CS 1.6 knife maps. Honestly, the fact the knife is a one hit kill kind of bothers me since I've always considering melee more of a back up attack rather something you should opt into doing over, say, using that rifle.

Yeah...
 
But thats the thing, I work in a local game store and alot of people i've spoken too about it, find $15 completely ridiculous for 3 new maps. You call it little, but for most, its a fair bit considering what it is that you are actually getting.

£10 for 3 maps is nothing, well for me it isnt.
Paid £49.99 for God Of War 3 and finished that in 2 days.
was that money well spent? for me it was for others it wont be.
If your a young kid/teenager/minimum wage empoloyee then it might seem a bit much for you but dont forget they have not got a gun behind your head and forcing you to buy it. Ive hardly heard anyone crying about the price once they have bought it.
Also i aint stupid as you are refering to alot of people here who have bought the map packs even though it may be indirectly.
 
So two knife hits to kill? Sounds solid to me, and brings back memories of CS 1.6 knife maps.
Completely agree (although I can't comment on the CS1.6 bit. lol). Your knife should not be a primary weapon, this is a first-person shooter not first-person stabber for crying out loud. Besides, usually when you're forced to pull out the knife you've injured the dude trying to kill you, at which point the knife will be 1HK anyway.

IMO, making knives 2HKs would be the *perfect* solution to the Commando/tac knife problem MW2 currently has. Tac knifers only tac knife because they're one hit kills. If it took two (or more) swipes to kill someone, even with a tactical knife'd handgun odds are the person getting knifed would win most battles...


On a different note, I got extended mags for the TAR :) Also trying the TMP as a secondary, but after a couple of games its two major flaws have become apparent: the other machine pistols seem to swap in and out a *lot* quicker and the clip is tiny. I ended up emptying a clip into someone, only to find I had to reload to finish the bugger off. (eventually killed him with the UMP)
 
So double XP is until monday morning. Nice.

btw I agree with the knife thing. It'd be perfect for the commando problem.
 
If you make knifes a two hit kill weapon you'd also remove the ability to sneak up behind people camping without giving your position away to anyone close by. IMO one hit kills with a knife make for a great tactic when used in the spirit of their original inclusion. It's only when you add Commando into the mix when it becomes an advantage/problem. Tweaking Commando's range is a better solution then making a knife kill a two hitter.
 
Perhaps one to the back and two to the front?
 
If you're sneaking up behind someone, odds are you'd still be able to get two knife hits in before your victim managed to 1) turn around and 2) get some shots off. You'd manage that easily with the tactical knife or akimbo USPs.
 
The way to look at the Map Pack price wise is stop and think to yourselves, those who bought the pack, are you REALLY enjoying the game more then you were after the initial spike from the new content. If yes, money well spent for you, but if you're still finding the same experience in a new setting, then you've been a fool. The maps are still expensive either way, especially when you think that games like Bad Company 2, Vegas 2, Unreal 3, Red Dead, MCLA, GT5P and more offer completely free DLC to some extent (or will in RDRs case). But they are good value if you really find yourselves enjoy the game an extra 25% more as the math roughly works to. For me it won't happen, there will be an initial reaction of these maps look nice and then it'll be same old same old after a game or 2 on each.
 
I've never played COD4 online, haven't play any game mode other than TDM. I've been playing more often than before so the new map pack is well worth the money to me.
 
Ever play Halo?

Ever play CS 1.6?

Srsly, this console nubs talking like this is some new great idea. Two hits to the front, one to the back. Makes knifing an art and getting knifed in normal game play embarrassing. Which is how it should be.
 
Did you have to totally steal MAG's system? I even told you that's what they had.
....wow. I dont even remember you saying anything about killing in MAG.
Ever play Halo?
I got the Idea off Halo actually Pete because that worked when I was a little 9 year old xbox kiddy.
Ever play CS 1.6?

Srsly, this console nubs talking like this is some new great idea. Two hits to the front, one to the back. Makes knifing an art and getting knifed in normal game play embarrassing. Which is how it should be.
I also played Counter Strike years ago, it was implemented well in there too. One knife all over on MW2 is a bit lame, you can knife people in the feet and they die, how screwed is that.
 
:lol: You sound a touch... touchy :p I was more making a point I've spent far too much time fiddling with the weapons.

sorry, i feel just capable as anyone else in the room, ive had twice the kills as half of my team in a couple of rounds with my f2000 more than a few times. but, im sharing a 1mb down connection between 3 computers and the 360. the ps3 isnt on at the same time thankfully.

fwiw - this is how my f2000 is set up. i use the same perks on all three except the AA class.

bling/stopping power/steady aim.

holo + silencer. this gives better accuracy and range, but, slightly less power. if you just tap-tap the trigger you can get some nice range kills.

holo + fmj. more power with less accuracy. i tend to use this set up for closer range mas.

then my AA class is: scavenger/cold blooded/steady aim with holo.

i still have my puke yellow (fall) m4 in rotation though. its really weird having such low rate of fire compared to the f2000. i dont know why, but, i dont have a problem with cold-blooded when i need it, but, i cant string together a 2 kill streak with hard line. :ouch:
 
Got to play the maps last night. Bit disappointed by Crash and Overgrown which i expected would be re-worked, but to me looked exactly the same save for a bit more dust in the atmosphere. With me still actively playing CoD4 i do feel slightly cheated.
I was the exact opposite. I wanted to give them hug for keeping them true to the original. :lol:
Do the new maps crop up at all in the regular playlists or just the two new Stimulus ones?

If not, are they due to migrate there at some point?
If they haven't added them to the regular playlists, they shoud be anytime according to Sharky's post yesterday.


So two knife hits to kill? Sounds solid to me, and brings back memories of CS 1.6 knife maps. Honestly, the fact the knife is a one hit kill kind of bothers me since I've always considering melee more of a back up attack rather something you should opt into doing over, say, using that rifle.

Yeah...
I remember you mentioning that before. It makes so much sense to me.
 
[empty space];3849525
sorry, i feel just capable as anyone else in the room, ive had twice the kills as half of my team in a couple of rounds with my f2000 more than a few times. but, im sharing a 1mb down connection between 3 computers and the 360. the ps3 isnt on at the same time thankfully.

fwiw - this is how my f2000 is set up. i use the same perks on all three except the AA class.

bling/stopping power/steady aim.

holo + silencer. this gives better accuracy and range, but, slightly less power. if you just tap-tap the trigger you can get some nice range kills.

holo + fmj. more power with less accuracy. i tend to use this set up for closer range mas.

then my AA class is: scavenger/cold blooded/steady aim with holo.

i still have my puke yellow (fall) m4 in rotation though. its really weird having such low rate of fire compared to the f2000. i dont know why, but, i dont have a problem with cold-blooded when i need it, but, i cant string together a 2 kill streak with hard line. :ouch:


I can't use the F2000 with any sight other than the iron sights. The RDS and HOLO just get in the way on that gun, its the same with the TAR for me also, when I put any sights on those two guns they take up a huge space of the screen and I can't see around my gun:ouch: I like the gun though, I used it would great results.
 
If they haven't added them to the regular playlists, they shoud be anytime according to Sharky's post yesterday.
Bowling tweeted six hours ago saying that the PSN playlist update was live, so they should be in regular rotation now 👍
 
I can't use the F2000 with any sight other than the iron sights. The RDS and HOLO just get in the way on that gun, its the same with the TAR for me also, when I put any sights on those two guns they take up a huge space of the screen and I can't see around my gun:ouch: I like the gun though, I used it would great results.

yeah, i hate the rds on both guns as well. its cool that it looked like it was designed to be a part of the weapon, but, the plastic/metal/whatever is just way too thick.
 
I got off a bit early because I was getting pissed off. Nephews asking random questions and I was getting tired. Sorry guys my head hurts.
 
I had a few good private matches with RenTec and VEXD, I just joined in their session and we had a good time, thanks guys.
 
I got off a bit early because I was getting pissed off. Nephews asking random questions and I was getting tired. Sorry guys my head hurts.
No sweat, I just got off, too. We started out pretty good, but when I became the host, things went south. It's weird, because usually, I mow people down when I'm hosting. They kept getting jump on me, I also kept making mistakes like I was out of rhythm.

I leveled up three times tonight, got my claymores back, but couldn't really perform ahead of my k/d. Bummer. :grumpy:
 
Dont usually post these but todays was excellent:



Number 5 and 4 should be swapped IMO, number 2 and 1 are INSANE, wowowow.
 
Back