Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,370 views
I'd think that smaller number of players might actually lead to increased teamwork?
 
in the one match i was in, we were equally spread out over the map. or maybe it was just my team and my habit of wandering off by myself?

i guess if you, nk4e and myself were to roll as a squad things would be better. but, with less people and no kill streaks it felt wrong to me.
 
[empty space];3906836
in the one match i was in, we were equally spread out over the map. or maybe it was just my team and my habit of wandering off by myself?

i guess if you, nk4e and myself were to roll as a squad things would be better. but, with less people and no kill streaks it felt wrong to me.
Its unreal Mode...awww I miss no add ons...
 
Well I've bitten the bullet and done 2 things for the first time.

1) Used a noob tube on my own set up (not picked up) in order to work towards the shotgun attachment which I've never had the chance to use.

2) Walked over Akimbo Models and picked them up, oh my days are they fun I wrecked about 5 guys before I was killed but they do feel satisfying to use and the reload animation after each shot is just pure awesome. I can see why people like them pre-nerf but they're still good fun now, that said I enjoyed my time with the single Model as well. I don't think I could live with myself if I chose them as my primary just yet though.
 
shield + akimbo m93 + throwing knife + stun grenade = :D
 
Damnit. I was looking for barebones mode last night, I didn't realize that it was XBL exclusive until July 6th. :ouch:
 
My night on PSN was overall quite brutal, only played a few Dominations, my first session with Sweet present wasn't to bad but short, then it all went downhill when myself and Trolley went back later on, just couldn't string anything together with alot of marathon, lightweight + commando set ups ruining any sort of chances of air support. KDT subsequently back to 2.94 yet again.
 
My night on PSN was overall quite brutal, only played a few Dominations, my first session with Sweet present wasn't to bad but short, then it all went downhill when myself and Trolley went back later on, just couldn't string anything together with alot of marathon, lightweight + commando set ups ruining any sort of chances of air support. KDT subsequently back to 2.94 yet again.

Dude when you left me and trolley played a game on Afghan. Jokes. I couldn't kill with headshots from an FMJ Intervention, yet I could die from a pistol across the map. Rage quit for the night.
 
Dude when you left me and trolley played a game on Afghan. Jokes. I couldn't kill with headshots from an FMJ Intervention, yet I could die from a pistol across the map. Rage quit for the night.

:lol: Fair enough, tonight just wasn't the night for any of us, I did have a couple of decent rounds early on and I think I won in most rounds of the night to. It's a shame how many things can easily spoil a good night on this game, tac knife set ups with commando, lag, danger close, tubes in general, shotgun abuse and everyones favourite, completely random deaths like a claymore placed nowhere near anything important.
 
Damnit. I was looking for barebones mode last night, I didn't realize that it was XBL exclusive until July 6th. :ouch:
w00t but people hate it.
 
w00t but people hate it.
empty didn't seem to like it either. Oh, well. It'll still be amusing to try. :lol:

After coming back from the XBL, I finally partied up with some GTP members(Vash & Giancarlo). Results were bad to horrific. First of all, while I had four bars, I kept getting lag killed. We were trying to take out the campers in the Estate(main building), and when you are lagging, you have no chance against skilled campers. None. I actually finished in the negative, which almost never happens. After that, couple of efficient, but low kill count games. Then the last one, now I had three bars, and I had no chance. I'm using SCAR with stopping power & FMJ, I couldn't kill nobody. After going 1-5, I bailed. I was sucking too, on top of the lag, that didn't help. I just hope this isn't because I was partied up with people. Very frustrating.
 
empty didn't seem to like it either. Oh, well. It'll still be amusing to try. :lol:

After coming back from the XBL, I finally partied up with some GTP members(Vash & Giancarlo). Results were bad to horrific. First of all, while I had four bars, I kept getting lag killed. We were trying to take out the campers in the Estate(main building), and when you are lagging, you have no chance against skilled campers. None. I actually finished in the negative, which almost never happens. After that, couple of efficient, but low kill count games. Then the last one, now I had three bars, and I had no chance. I'm using SCAR with stopping power & FMJ, I couldn't kill nobody. After going 1-5, I bailed. I was sucking too, on top of the lag, that didn't help. I just hope this isn't because I was partied up with people. Very frustrating.
MW2 isn't fun anymore..its just frustrating..But we should get a good party and play ground war with all xbl members. I am sorry Empty, my nephew was bugging me about letting him play.
 
MW2 isn't fun anymore..its just frustrating..But we should get a good party and play ground war with all xbl members. I am sorry Empty, my nephew was bugging me about letting him play.
I'm kind of burned out on it, too. I might be ready for the campaign mode now. :D
 
This game has hit rock bottom. My SPAS 12 & Stopping Power is getting me hit markers even when aimed at the head, the Vector can't seem to put someone down with an entire magazine and everyone seems to be using the M16 or FA-MAS so you stand abolutely zero chance if you use anything else. And don't get me started on the knifing morons, who run so fast they can't be seen on the UAV. They've not fixed a single thing.

Back to BFBC2 for me, I think.
 
M16 or FA-MAS so you stand abolutely zero chance if you use anything else.

Where on earth did that idea come from? Those weapons are not superior at all, perhaps at long range but then go figure if you're using something else you are at a possible disadvantage which you regain up close where you have full auto advantage. There's half an argument to support the FAMAS being more powerful due to the smallest damage drop over range of assault rifles, but it's 3 burst capability holds it back from being overpowering.

Also, don't aim a shotgun at the head, by now you'll know headshot =/= kill in COD and the shotguns spread is wasted if you're aiming at the head half your pellets are missing, aim for the centre chest for best effectiveness.
 
Where on earth did that idea come from? Those weapons are not superior at all, perhaps at long range but then go figure if you're using something else you are at a possible disadvantage which you regain up close where you have full auto advantage. There's half an argument to support the FAMAS being more powerful due to the smallest damage drop over range of assault rifles, but it's 3 burst capability holds it back from being overpowering.

Also, don't aim a shotgun at the head, by now you'll know headshot =/= kill in COD and the shotguns spread is wasted if you're aiming at the head half your pellets are missing, aim for the centre chest for best effectiveness.

I don't aim the shotgun at the head, the people who were absorbing the shots to the head were crouching when I came across them. The overpowered rifles just seem unstoppable lately, I've tried using the SCAR, TAR21, M4, MP5, Vector, all my usual favourites, and they just seem to get me hit markers. Earlier on the end of game killcam was me unloading my gun into someone stood still from 8 feet away, him absorbing my shots, then killing me with a single FAMAS burst. 👎

The camping has got much much worse, too.
 
This game has hit rock bottom. My SPAS 12 & Stopping Power is getting me hit markers even when aimed at the head, the Vector can't seem to put someone down with an entire magazine and everyone seems to be using the M16 or FA-MAS so you stand abolutely zero chance if you use anything else. And don't get me started on the knifing morons, who run so fast they can't be seen on the UAV. They've not fixed a single thing.

Back to BFBC2 for me, I think.


You just figure out that it is at rock bottom?:ouch: It has been there for 2 months and they still haven't fixed any of the issues and they won't be fixing any of the issues, this is exactly why I traded my copy in for another copy of WaW and the rest went to my pre-order of Black Ops which is going to crush MW2 because they have been asking for input from the community and actually doing everything right:tup: I'm sure people that don't have much skill in FPS's won't like BO's because there will be recoil and sway and there won't be overpowered kill streaks and there won't be deathstreaks and you won't be able to teleport 20 feet to knife someone etc. etc. etc. That is fine with me, keep out all of the pricks and let us have a game where if you aren't decent then you don't get rewarded, just like WaW and COD4 was!
 
I dont' get Mog's post either, although if I was getting repeated owned by someone using FAMAS or M16(unless it was Drag), I'd quit, too. But the part that really caught my attention was Vector, because I thought for sure that thing didn't have clip big enough to put anyone down, unless he was already in the last stand. :p

Seriously though, Vector would be one of the very last guns which could pull me out of a slump. My ol' reliable to fall back on would have to have stopping power. Like crazy. Lately, that gun's been SCAR with stopping power & FMJ.

P.S. I got my k/d up to 2.34 on PSN. I'm hoping to reach 2.94 by this weekend. :p
 
No fair. I'm out of state all week working and can't play.

You cheater.
 
The circus known as a driver/transporter. lol.

I've actually stopped at home for the night on my way north after having spent the last three days down south. I've got to head out again tomorrow morning though so I probably wont be able to play until Saturday night.
 
:lol:

That's really cool though. I'm sure you have lots of stories. Plus, I like driving & junk food. That would be an awesome job. :D

On topic(I guess), you know what is the coolest thing about having racked up only 17,000 kills? Get on MW2 for just couple of TDMs, play like two and a half matches, but you are not par to your overall k/d. "Whatever, I'll just play one more", you go 27-1, but you still check to see if you k/d went down from the sub-par performance earlier. It's actually up to 2.35. :lol: I'm sure it will go down the very next match I play though. :lol:
 
I had a nice TDM on Bailout tonight, I went 18-2-9. OK, so you're thinking "18-9 isn't that great", but I readily admit I suck at MW2. I suck A LOT. So 18-9 is quite good in that regard.

But that's not what I was stoked about.... I actually earnt a Harrier Airstrike :D Took out a guy that had just picked up a care package with an AC-130 in it, popped a couple of other guys to get the UAV, roflpwned (aka M21-spammed) two more for the Pred and got a double with that for the Harriers :) But I was trapped up in the room with the treadmills; I think the spawns felt like flipping so I was surrounded by the other team. Managed to nail a guy running around like a headless chicken, but before I could get to safety and call in the Harriers I got killed :(

Picked up the game-winning kill with it though :D
 
Seriously though, Vector would be one of the very last guns which could pull me out of a slump. My ol' reliable to fall back on would have to have stopping power. Like crazy. Lately, that gun's been SCAR with stopping power & FMJ.

P.S. I got my k/d up to 2.34 on PSN. I'm hoping to reach 2.94 by this weekend. :p

:lol: Good luck with that target :sly:. You're right though, the powerful automatics like the SCAR, TAR and such are the way to go if it's lagging (worth noting for Mog they have the same maximum and minimum damage values as the bursties), the UMP is probably the best SMG as far as the bunch goes.

If I found a tactical insertion, I will plant a clay more next to it or C4.

:lol: A claymore is an excellent idea as long as it works right away, that would really irritate them.
 
-_- Very next game (Underpass), I start out 11-0...




... I finished 11-6. :/
 
I need to get back into things, Im struggling to get to my predator, but no matter.
 
-_- Very next game (Underpass), I start out 11-0...




... I finished 11-6. :/
That happens. :lol: I've had plenty of games go the other way too though. I think I had a game a day or two ago, start out 0-6 or something like that. Then went on, ended the match with a 20 kill streak. If they only all worked out that way!
 
Back