Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,420 views
Lol I'm waiting on dinner right now.

I'll probably be super rusty if I play tonight. I find that if I go more than a couple days without playing I'm a lot slower and less careful/tactical when I play.
 
Lol I'm waiting on dinner right now.

I'll probably be super rusty if I play tonight. I find that if I go more than a couple days without playing I'm a lot slower and less careful/tactical when I play.
I'm the same way. Unless the competition is super easy or something, if I don't play for more than a couple of days, getting back to the routine can be pretty painful. :lol:

I just played couple of games, but it felt pretty good. First game, I started out mowing people down, but I knew something was wrong. Couple minutes later, I shoot this guy from about 8 feet away, his back is turned to me, he doesn't even know I'm there. I shoot him in the back with my SPAS, not even a marker. :lol: I panic, and shoot him again, he drops. After being lag killed a couple times, I left. Then I jump in a nice game in Overkill. 20-3(MVP!) playing only a half of that game, I love Overgrown. 7-2, while playing the entire match of Rundown. We won both, same lobby & everything. Go figure.
 
I really want fall camo for my M21. Thats the real reason I don't want to prestige. I'm using blue tiger on it which looks pretty good but I've never had fall camo for anything. I just haven't been able to use the thing properly last I played. Silenced M16/AUG is the only reason my K/D has gone up anymore.
 
I've never had the fall camo either, though supposedly it's overrated. M21 is hard to use when your brain's turned off. <--my playing style Probably why I always fall back on SCAR. Great utility gun!
 
Yeah I don't really like it I just want it. Lol.

I haven't using the scar in so long. I'm bored of a lot of the guns in this game now. I just started using a silenced AUG last I played. Random classes are one of the only things making this game interesting anymore.
 
ive had fall camo on my m4 and my f2000 ... looks like someone threw up on my gun. but, i still used them because i earned them and wanted to show off.
 
Yeah I don't really like it I just want it. Lol.

I haven't using the scar in so long. I'm bored of a lot of the guns in this game now. I just started using a silenced AUG last I played. Random classes are one of the only things making this game interesting anymore.
Yeah, changing pace definitely helps, but I know what you mean. I wish they'd do barebone TDM with full six, more players on a team.
[empty space];3914191
ive had fall camo on my m4 and my f2000 ... looks like someone threw up on my gun. but, i still used them because i earned them and wanted to show off.
Puke camo. :lol: My favorite's the digital camo, blue tiger, but if I earn red tiger(currently, I have none), I'd use it. Same with the puke camo!
 
No love for the urban camo? :( Urban is awesome.
 
No love for the urban camo? :( Urban is awesome.
That is one camo I still hesitate to use. I seem to suck really bad with them, I think it gave me some kind of complex. :lol:
 
So my younger brother is home and I got to have a go at multiplayer.

I'm useless. I get shot before someone else even registers on the screen. And when they do register, I can't tell if they're friend or foe.
 
It takes alot of getting used to. Even today after 40+ days of call of duty gameplay I fail at the game sometimes and very rarely I fail to distinguish friend from foe. You have good and bad days basically, if you got used to the game you would experience the pain that comes with this game.
 
Well, I suspect it has something to do with the colour of the name that appears over the person's head. It looks like allies are green and enemies red, but I'm red/green colour-blind and given MW2's colour palette (ie Rundown, Rust), it all looks the same to me. I'm forced to use the mini-map, but that takes my eyes off the action.

Still, I might get BLACK OPS. It looks good, even if the "Payback" mission was too explodey for my tastes (I'd rather the stealthy stuff). Right now, my biggest problem is that my computer is a little old and overheats very easily (I was playing SIMCITY 4 for about twenty minutes from a cold start-up and that was enough to shut it down).
 
Shoot at everything that moves, if they don't shoot back and/or drop dead they're friendly :dopey:
 
urban weapon camo looks really good when your a spetnaz in red :lol:

what i really hate is when there is an enemy wookie standing between me and a team mate so that the team mates name shows up over his head and i get killed by the enemy wookie.

there needs to be a way to tell them apart.

[edit - fwiw, my favorite camos are arctic, digital, red tiger and blue tiger. my m4 is in red tiger and my vector is all digital.]
 
Urban camo isn't good for much of anything. I'll either use digital or blue tiger on all my guns until I unlock something else.
 
You have good and bad days basically
This is the truth. In this game, you can be a capable player, and still have your ass handed to you. In a pretty convincing manner, too. You could have multiple MVPs(most kills, least deaths in a match), and just few minutes later, you could be crying, rage quitting, muttering something along lines of "not fair!".

At least, that's what I heard from Legenday.
It looks like allies are green and enemies red, but I'm red/green colour-blind and given MW2's colour palette (ie Rundown, Rust), it all looks the same to me.
You MUST play hardcore team deathmatches. j/k

If you can't identify the name/color, that will make it tough. I also suck at identifying the uniform/camo, I rely pretty heavily on the green/red name tag.
 
I had a real good game on Wasteland last night, going 32-4. The only problem was the rest of my team went a combined 27-71, with one guy going 1-21 :banghead:. Now he was a no prestige level 6, but I have no idea if it was legit or if it was an alternate name. And if it was an alt, man did he suck. No boosting either as the other team all had more than 8 deaths and under 20 kills. I just love getting on games like that :rolleyes:
 
You MUST play hardcore team deathmatches. j/k

If you can't identify the name/color, that will make it tough. I also suck at identifying the uniform/camo, I rely pretty heavily on the green/red name tag.
Well, if I play free-for-all, I can shoot anything without reprisals for teamkilling. But if I play team deathmacth, I'm actually alive for long enough to press a button.
 
Cooooooooommmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnddddddoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Its one of those kinds of nights.
 
I wouldn't mind Commando if there was a chance that I could survive it. It just seems like once they hit that knife button and their attack is in range to hit you they become invincible and warp through your bullets. If I could at least have a chance to do some damage then I think it wouldn't be as bad.
 
God this game has become a real drag recently..for some reason I'm constantly being put into terrible teams with everyone bar myself and one or two others going massively negative (6-37 etc)

Does anyone fancy some games? Would be nice to play with skilled teammates for once!

PSN = Firesilver
 
I haven't been able to connect for a couple days. I got on a bit ago, was thrown into the very end of one game (went 3-0), started a second, quickly went 6-0 then got a connection error. Ah well.

Anyway, as for the names. Your teammates' names are green and are always visible. The ones in red are enemies, and the names won't come up until you're aiming at them. So if you see a figure running without a name over his head, shoot him.

Speaking of shooting everything. The last time I connected, I put down a claymore, then watched as two guys in my team shoot at it. One must have used up nearly all his ammo before the real enemies showed up.

Shaggy - I would if I could connect, but I don't think it'd work from connections so far apart.
 
On my connection, as far as the ping thing go, it's been awesome. On Xbox Live, I'd be super lucky to get anything lower than 100 ping. Since I've been back on PSN, I can get in matches under 80 pings without even trying. I wish I knew what this meant, but I don't. :lol:
 
Just had another go. I really like Sub Base. Derail is pretty good, too. In fact, all of the snow stages are good.

I have to laugh at how seriously some people take the game, though. There was one guy online - Th3 Time C0mmand0, I think his name was - who complained that people were cheating every time he "died too much". He must think himself a very good player, but he was completely oblivious to the fact that he spent an entire match sniping from the pillboxes in Afghan. He'd set up a claymore in the doorway and use an Intervention with a thermal scope (I picked it up after I got him once) to take everyone out. One well-placed grenade was all it took to send him into a rage about people using aimbots and wallhacks to get him.
 
Are you playing tonight?
I wanted to, but I was just so out of it tonight. :p
but he was completely oblivious to the fact that he spent an entire match sniping from the pillboxes in Afghan.
:lol: So many silly people. My favorite are the ones that comes after me, after we end up on the same team the following match. They follow me around, firing at me, knifing me. Too bad for them I don't play hardcore. :lol: Couldn't imagine how much of a sore loser they are in real life!
 
Hey, I do that ... sort of. I tend to shoot at anything that moves, whether they're on my team or not (which is why I don't play hardcore; also, there's never anyone on since the server tries to connect you to a local game). Though I do take the time at the beginning to memorise the names of my team members to avoid it because while enemy names don't show, they do if you're close enough.
 
On my connection, as far as the ping thing go, it's been awesome. On Xbox Live, I'd be super lucky to get anything lower than 100 ping. Since I've been back on PSN, I can get in matches under 80 pings without even trying. I wish I knew what this meant, but I don't. :lol:

now a days im just happy to find a game to join :(
 
Hey, I do that ... sort of. I tend to shoot at anything that moves, whether they're on my team or not (which is why I don't play hardcore; also, there's never anyone on since the server tries to connect you to a local game). Though I do take the time at the beginning to memorise the names of my team members to avoid it because while enemy names don't show, they do if you're close enough.

Would it not be easier to look at what uniform your wearing and shoot at anything but that? That would work for everyone but snipers which aren't much of a problem as you can look at the map when your press start.
 
Back