Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,334 views
I hardly ever use all my class slots that I already have. I only used two of them last night...
 
Me again, any pointers for the game? Most of the time im just playing Domination and i really like that game mode. :D
 
I learned the hide part from A6M5. The shooting part I came up with on my own. :)
 
Hey, I'll be joining on the PS3 side sometime today, any tips for starting out?
 
Hey, I'll be joining on the PS3 side sometime today, any tips for starting out?
This applies to Appie as well: Learn the maps, observe the player movements. If you are playing team deathmatches, generally, you kind of have an idea of where they might be. Time_Attack jokes about it, but definitely do hide, move from cover to cover if you can. Don't hesitate to go prone, if you have to.

Practice quick & efficient point & shoot. Quickly reload, but try not to do it on the move. Use SCAR, at least until you get ACR. :D

When you get to custom kill streak rewards, set them low. Something like UAV(3 kills), Predator(5 kills), Harrier(7 kills) might work nicely. Just start out low, find something that works for you, then move up as you get better.

I'm strictly an team deathmatch player, and if that's what you'll be playing, watch the number of deaths. When there are air supports mowing your team down, don't be in a hurry to get out of cover until the sky is cleared. And don't keep running at that sniper. Flank. :lol:
 
I never thought about the Harrier & Pavey having to compete for the kills, that is a good point. The reason I use this 1, 2 punch, however, is to make it harder for the other team to shoot them down.

if theyre using cold blooded it doesnt matter how many are out there ...
 
[empty space];3887892
if theyre using cold blooded it doesnt matter how many are out there ...
I know this, but you have to consider how many of us actually use Coldblooded. Just ask the other team I just laid the combo on. :D
 
well, how many times have to seen me take out air support as soon as it shows up or before its even on the battle field? :p

this prestige ive barely used cold blooded though.
 
I'm strictly an team deathmatch player, and if that's what you'll be playing, watch the number of deaths. When there are air supports mowing your team down, don't be in a hurry to get out of cover until the sky is cleared. And don't keep running at that sniper. Flank. :lol:
Example:
Map: Skidrow
Near the tunnel area and the two story building.A6 covered the top while I covered the tunnel where they all ran towards me. If Air support from A6 didn't get them, I did.
[empty space];3888189
well, how many times have to seen me take out air support as soon as it shows up or before its even on the battle field?

this prestige ive barely used cold blooded though.

All the time!
 
For the new guys I suggest finding some guys to play with in your own region, all over Europe is usually fine and I assume all over America (or at least the USA) is similarly ok but crossing oceans is hell.

Secondly I suggest playing domination as your staple mode until you know the maps, why? Because you don't need to know the maps to know where the enemy is probably coming from by the flags they have, and the ones you have. If the flags red they're probably spawning over there or could well be, if it's green you know your own team is likely to be spawning there unless it's smack in the middle.

There's 2 layouts for domination, line and triangle, which basically is the layout of the flags themselves. Line is the easiest to understand as the flag in the middle is unlikely to be where the enemy starts and it's also going to be where alot of death will occur (usually B flag) and you can easily work out where the enemy is spawning from by if they have A or C, whichever they have is their start point. Triangle is more complex because spawn points aren't as fixed but you can still tell roughly where they will be by what flags they have even if they have 2, you just know they will be in and around both most likely or somewhere inbetween the 2. That doesn't mean you won't get shot in the back, but you know the general direction most enemies will be in and if you're playing with a good group of players you can be safe knowing you won't get to anhilated.
 
I used free for all to learn some of the maps and help boost weapon points without messing up a team score.

On the hiding thing. I noticed early on that there are places that seem great for hiding and ambushing, like the back of the plane or the overlook in scrapyard. The problem is that most other people have seen them and quickly learned that lobbing up something explosive will often get a kill.

Mostly though, remember the killcams, as the players you kill will likely know where you're at when they regenerate. If you get a few of them, someone's going to come after you.
 
A good FFA tactic is to designate a portion of the map to be your stomping ground, just a corner or 1/4 (not just one room or something stupid) and patrol that small area religiously. By that I mean get a good spot, kill a few people and then move position in your area and proceed to kill those going to your old spot for revenge. The killcam is a useful tool to trick those you already killed by moving just a few metres after staying in one spot for a little while. A good example is the cave area on Afghan, plenty of people run through there and you can make very little movements to throw the enemy off as they charge in then move to another part of the cave or just outside.
 
On the hiding thing. I noticed early on that there are places that seem great for hiding and ambushing, like the back of the plane or the overlook in scrapyard. The problem is that most other people have seen them and quickly learned that lobbing up something explosive will often get a kill.

Mostly though, remember the killcams, as the players you kill will likely know where you're at when they regenerate. If you get a few of them, someone's going to come after you.
Yeah, hiding is good, but you can not stay in a spot, although there are handful of exceptions like the building on Skidrow nk4e just mentioned.

When I started playing, I learned to operate in smaller part of the map at first. More I got comfortable, I kept expanding. After a few matches on that map, I got an idea of the whole map, learned where I had an upper hand, where I was vulnerable.
 
Yeah, hiding is good, but you can not stay in a spot, although there are handful of exceptions like the building on Skidrow nk4e just mentioned.

Why hide when you can kill EVERYONE? :dopey:

When I started playing, I learned to operate in smaller part of the map at first. More I got comfortable, I kept expanding. After a few matches on that map, I got an idea of the whole map, learned where I had an upper hand, where I was vulnerable.

Srsly though, this is the best method to use. Find an area you like, get familiar with it, expand out from there. It is how I managed to do so well on the new maps despite having no experience on them.
 
Did I see someone by the name of A6M5 on PSN tonight?

I was having a pretty decent night with a blinged M16. Silenced with a holographic sight that thing is a beast.
 
Did I see someone by the name of A6M5 on PSN tonight?

I was having a pretty decent night with a blinged M16. Silenced with a holographic sight that thing is a beast.
If that person was camping in good areas then its A6.
A6 has skills look at his K/D...way better than mine but for some reason I am at the top of the accuracy list on my side. ^^
 
I didn't see him playing. I just saw his name logged in.

My K/D went up again last night. All those good games with the M16 put me at 2.48.

I really don't know about prestiging again. I can't even think of anything good to do with my 6th class as is. I made a random class with an LMG, light weight and RPGs. Completely random. :lol:
 
I didn't see him playing. I just saw his name logged in.

My K/D went up again last night. All those good games with the M16 put me at 2.48.

Similar story for me using my old M16 Holographic, I'm up another 0.02 to a nice 2.94. 3-4-5 and 3-5-7 are definately prime TDM set ups, you don't always have enough time or luck to make use of the bigger rewards so for consistently doing well you can't go wrong starting at 3.
 
Exactly why I use the 3-5-7 now. I can get the larger kill streaks but I'd rather get all my rewards more than once in the average game. The only downside is that the harrier gets shot down pretty quick in most games.

And I think a lot of it has to do with using a silencer. I have so many better games when I am not showing up on radar.
 
You're right about the harrier, but on the flip it would be getting your pavelow up to see it get shot down so fast, the UAV and Predator however, rarely a problem. All the more reason to always start with 3-5 for regular gameplay.

I've been using the UMP silenced as well which works great for most encounters, but most silenced weaponry is effective in pub games like you said, they don't have high quality headsets to still hear the identify the source of the silenced gunfire. For an aggressive play style, or a lone ranger, silencers are great 👍 but for a more objective focused defence it's nice having that extra power of a normal weaopn to keep holding a spawn trap as a team.
 
I've been using 5-6-7 and having some success. You are more or less certain to get your Harrier out if you hit 5, and then get a few from the Airstrikes.

Also, been loving the MP5k + Silencer. Doing a lot of running and gunning with great success.
 
most silenced weaponry is effective in pub games like you said, they don't have high quality headsets to still hear the identify the source of the silenced gunfire.

Thankfully I haven't had any more issues from my headset recently. I can't imagine playing without it now.
 
I was terrible tonight, that first game we had at sub-base must of been my worst ever MW2 match. I couldn't even drop a fly no matter what I tried.
 
I haven't posted anything in this thread in a while because I had no reason to since I have sold my copy of MW2, but I posted a video a good while back that everyone like and now there is a part two so enjoy chaps:tup:



 
wii! only 400 more f2000 head shots to go!
 
If that person was camping in good areas then its A6.
A6 has skills look at his K/D...way better than mine but for some reason I am at the top of the accuracy list on my side. ^^
If there is any doubt, spray. :lol: I guess you could say I have skills to utilize the tools given to me(assault rifles, kill streaks, claymores, etc.), but in pure head-to-head, my skill is barely average at best. No joke.
I didn't see him playing. I just saw his name logged in.

My K/D went up again last night. All those good games with the M16 put me at 2.48.

I really don't know about prestiging again. I can't even think of anything good to do with my 6th class as is. I made a random class with an LMG, light weight and RPGs. Completely random. :lol:
I got on PS Home little bit last night(got really cool helmet for fifty cents!), but just not quite ready to get on yet. It's serious bidness. I might get on tonight. I also gotten an invite from a member here called xL86x or something like that, from back East. Looking forward to joining you guys again. Major thanks to empty, nk4e and breakpoint for my times on XBL. I had a blast. You guys are awesome to play with. :)👍

Edit: Oh, and thanks for posting the part 2, breakpoint. I was pretty impressed by the first one. When I watch it later, I'll try to keep my expectation at a reasonable level. :lol:
 
Back